Aside Armor, How To Reach The Max Dmg Output?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Aside armor, how to reach the max dmg output?
Aside armor, how to reach the max dmg output?
By Pantafernando 2013-06-18 09:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Hi.
Letting aside what specific equipment is the best to reach the max dmg in nuking, i would like to know the general stuffs to improve that.
For subs and ja, what should we use? Is the best using /sch and change weather to profit with bonus? Whats ja and magics we should stack so we can power up dmg?
For stats, suppose adding int or mab should similar impact in dmg right? Or one of them is more relevant than the other?
About atmas, suppose MM, ultimate and beyond would be better right? Even if i had atma of hells guardian, beyond would be better for ice spells right?
Thanks.
 Cerberus.Lawliett
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Lawliett
By Cerberus.Lawliett 2013-06-18 10:16:05
Link | Citer | R

You'll always want to use /SCH if you're trying to achieve max Damage, Hailstorm, Higher Base INT, etc. If you're doing this in lolAbyssea, don't use Ultimate, just get Hell's Guardian, PW is a joke to kill, Main Atma Set you want is Minikin Monstrosity, Hell's Guardian and Beyond. Don't forget to burn the target (Lowers their INT and makes nukes hit slightly harder). Another option is also the BLM Mythic WS, Vidohunir, which lowers the foes Magic Defense Bonus. And the most overlooked piece in the BLM Arsenal, Spirit Lantern, an additional 10% added to all of your nukes is invaluable, the drop rate isn't as bad as some people insist, I have 5 sitting in my Dbox (You can send them to yourself) and I just pull them out as charges run out.

Other then that, there's not a whole lot you can do if you're solo, unless you can call on some people to give you a SCH's Augmented Hailstorm with AF2++ Shoes, BRD for Etudes x2, COR for MaB Rolls, GEO for MaB+ and Magic Def-, etc.

Now for the gear, below I'll include a gearset, obviously the Bokwus Set is all considering you've taken the Magic Attack Bonus Paths in each piece, resulting in the top of the line set to date. The Waist you'll notice is Maniacus Sash over Elemental Obi, that's because as you stated you want the max damage, the only way to achieve that damage is to reach a lucky weather proc while wearing the top damage Obi.

ItemSet 304897
By Chimerawizard 2013-06-18 10:37:21
Link | Citer | R

Atmas with Element DMG+ go in the term 'affinity.' Increases to affinity are multiplied, so find the MAB you already have, the affinity you have, & the proposed increases to each.
200MAB +50MAB (250/200=1.25 or 25% increase)
1.0affinity +.3aff (1.3/1=1.3 or 30% increase)
30% > 25% so affinity wins in this case. (basically wins more often than not)

read the BLM guide, read the wiki's BLM page, click the links to JAs. If you want comprehensive gear understanding, use the DPS calculator here.
By Pantafernando 2013-06-18 12:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for all support.
I appreciate.