Delve Scene

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » Delve Scene
Delve Scene
By Tenshou 2013-06-13 06:15:27
Link | Citer | R

All jokes aside, I'm curious to know if Delve is even big on this server. Friends and I moved from this server and they're talking about coming back, and only thing that's keeping me from joining is knowing if it's Delve-heavy at all. So my question(s) are:

Is Delve plasm/mega bosses shouted for VERY often?
Are there any active linkshells engaging in Delve?
Or is this server just as dead as I left it back in Oct '12?
 Shiva.Denore
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2013-06-13 08:53:02
Link | Citer | R

There are a lot of trash mob farm shouts during prime times, and some groups are starting to add the Mata into the mix.
As for boss runs, you won't see many PUGs attempting - most I've seen in a shout is 3-5NM kill attempts in Morimar. I know that at least 1 LS is winning Megabosses, and a few others are working towards it.
I've never been on another server to compare, and so I've always been more than happy with Shiva. But I'm positive it is not the most active or competitive server.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-06-13 09:01:01
Link | Citer | R

Tenshou said: »
All jokes aside, I'm curious to know if Delve is even big on this server. Friends and I moved from this server and they're talking about coming back, and only thing that's keeping me from joining is knowing if it's Delve-heavy at all. So my question(s) are:

Is Delve plasm/mega bosses shouted for VERY often?
Are there any active linkshells engaging in Delve?
Or is this server just as dead as I left it back in Oct '12?

what server u at ?

Bismark gets 1 good pt every 2~3 days only and it is short as hell too -.- , i need shitload of it :X
 Lakshmi.Razius
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Razius07
By Lakshmi.Razius 2013-06-13 09:12:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
what server u at ?

I'm going to use my psychic abilities to deduce that this player comes from Shiva.
[+]
 Shiva.Ahleah
user: Ahleah
By Shiva.Ahleah 2013-06-13 09:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Denore said: »
There are a lot of trash mob farm shouts during prime times, and some groups are starting to add the Mata into the mix.
As for boss runs, you won't see many PUGs attempting - most I've seen in a shout is 3-5NM kill attempts in Morimar. I know that at least 1 LS is winning Megabosses, and a few others are working towards it.
I've never been on another server to compare, and so I've always been more than happy with Shiva. But I'm positive it is not the most active or competitive server.
Denore summed it up pretty decently. For the most part, PLDs are the major Bottleneck of Delve action, so you'll see that often, LS's or friends will have a core group including 1-2 PLD's and then shout to fill-in the remaining slots as needed. Shouts that are seeking a PLD seem to take anywhere from 30mins to 2hrs to fill. :x

Also, I'm not sure how it is on other servers, but here, JP's have taken to calling Delve Farming PT's "Menapo" while English speaking players mostly use the auto-translated {Plasma-charge} to advertise delve runs. Hope this helps, and good luck getting those Delve NM KeyItems. I've had a hell of a time getting these for my friends that weren't present for the period before the 20min time limit. Having no restriction beyond lvl 30+ to reach Adoulin seems to make people think any job they can aby burn to 99 and throw a weapon + 5 visible pieces of gear on is acceptable for these fights -.-
By Tenshou 2013-06-13 18:15:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Razius said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
what server u at ?

I'm going to use my psychic abilities to deduce that this player comes from Shiva.

I was from Shiva until Oct. 2012, then I moved to Asura. Things are more than wonderful here, constant shouts and all, but I was just curious if it's even worth going back to a server that I heard was deemed "dead".
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-06-13 18:59:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ahleah said: »
Denore summed it up pretty decently. For the most part, PLDs are the major Bottleneck of Delve action, so you'll see that often, LS's or friends will have a core group including 1-2 PLD's and then shout to fill-in the remaining slots as needed. Shouts that are seeking a PLD seem to take anywhere from 30mins to 2hrs to fill. :x

Also, I'm not sure how it is on other servers, but here, JP's have taken to calling Delve Farming PT's "Menapo" while English speaking players mostly use the auto-translated {Plasma-charge} to advertise delve runs. Hope this helps, and good luck getting those Delve NM KeyItems. I've had a hell of a time getting these for my friends that weren't present for the period before the 20min time limit. Having no restriction beyond lvl 30+ to reach Adoulin seems to make people think any job they can aby burn to 99 and throw a weapon + 5 visible pieces of gear on is acceptable for these fights -.-

I've had a BRD show up to a Tax'et run missing about 3-4 gear slots, wearing a Monster Signa, Astral Rings, and other lowbie gear. Brutal run, but he stood out the most. After that PUG I knew I needed to find myself a Delve LS.

Honestly what I suggest you do OP, I don't know what the scene is like on your server though but on Lakshmi you have a LOT of newbs who didn't even finish Aby who think they're ready for content like Delve. Find yourself a LS that is still doing KIs and will move on to plasm farming.
 Lakshmi.Splinters
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2013-06-13 19:31:07
Link | Citer | R

That's one thing Lackshimi isn't missing; Delve Linkshells. I've seen 2 of the worst players I have ever seen start their own delve shells and manage to get decent gear with rank ups. Granted both of these assclowns have handed managerial duties to others, hence some modicum of success. So, come to Lakshimi, delve is all we have left.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-06-13 19:49:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »

I've had a BRD show up to a Tax'et run missing about 3-4 gear slots, wearing a Monster Signa, Astral Rings, and other lowbie gear. Brutal run, but he stood out the most. After that PUG I knew I needed to find myself a Delve LS.

Honestly what I suggest you do OP, I don't know what the scene is like on your server though but on Lakshmi you have a LOT of newbs who didn't even finish Aby who think they're ready for content like Delve. Find yourself a LS that is still doing KIs and will move on to plasm farming.

I was on my mule SCH for that run, ended up leaving 18 mins in while it was still at 85%. SAMs fulltiming twilight, COR/WHM was like "I CAN BARSPELL!!", all the while rocking an ohat, twilight dagger, and no ammo...
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-06-13 19:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »

I was on my mule SCH for that run, ended up leaving 18 mins in while it was still at 85%. SAMs fulltiming twilight, COR/WHM was like "I CAN BARSPELL!!", all the while rocking an ohat, twilight dagger, and no ammo...

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who had to suffer through that. Couple of them were from my other LS too lol, knew it was time to move on. It was all downhill when the WAR/DNC said they never leveled SAM for a sub because the Waltz was enough. First one to die, too.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-06-13 19:57:21
Link | Citer | R

But I can cure myself and build steps!!
 Shiva.Saberr
user: saberr
By Shiva.Saberr 2013-06-13 23:44:20
Link | Citer | R

Decent amount of shouts, but i've noticed a couple easily joined shells with constant plasma runs. Ive seen lots of under geared players. And alot of players that have had there gear handed to them and still cant manage to macro it together.... or focus long enough to even engage the mobs lol.
By Datruthuhate 2013-06-14 00:03:40
Link | Citer | R

BISMARCK IS OFFICALLY DEAD!!!... but that is my opinion.
I'm considering a transfer due to the fact that all you see is JP shouts all day long, and people just trying to sell stuff or maybe a random abyssea shout for seals. But if u need an exp party then come to Bismarck, but just remember unless you know people to "dutch rudder" with you not going to get anything accomplished other than exp party it seems.
As for Delve, it shouldn't of ever been released. I'm pretty sure SE has plenty of other content they could of gave us, but this was just utter failure on their part.
I see people returning that can't even get the way points to the new areas because of the Reive blocking that path, and the area being desolate. Don't use a 3rd party tool to get past it neither, someone I know did that & got banned.
Now instead of addressing these issues SE is more concerned about adjusting job abilities & continuing to force players into this unwanted 18 member content. SE you have FAILED AGAIN!!

As for the TROLLS waiting around to porch monkey everyone's posting its pretty clear u can go **** yourself.

Thank you & have a nice day! ;0)
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-14 06:54:06
Link | Citer | R

As abrasive as the above comment is, its true for Bismark. This sever is pretty dead for Delve shouts. Its a sad day to say that really :/
By Datruthuhate 2013-06-14 07:15:39
Link | Citer | R

I see JP shout all day, or BRD/COR/PLD...cant wait for 14 I had more fun there than 11
 Sylph.Skinner
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2013-06-14 07:58:16
Link | Citer | R

Come to Sylph. We got you.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-06-14 08:21:02
Link | Citer | R

When Abyssea was released that was all there was for years. Now it's like a ghost town. Things change.
By Tenshou 2013-06-15 00:18:56
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Skinner said: »
Come to Sylph. We got you.

What kind of stuff you got going over there?