Faster Exp: FoV or Party
First Page 2
 Titan.Cripnicc
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2009-07-05 11:57:42
Link | Citer | R

I have been tryn to decide whats the fastest way to gain exp now that we have FoV. do i wait in WG for a party or do i go to cape terrigan and do pages. i have seen a huge lack in exp party's lately so i have been doing pages and that seems to be what alot of other ppl are doing also. how do u get xp now that we have FoV?
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-05 12:06:59
Link | Citer | R

I was actually really wondering about this at lower levels. Also, I'm not sure if it's because of FoV or because my servers been closed for over a year, but like, does no-one party in dunes any more?

I've just solo'd my rdm (which blows solo at low levels btw) to 19 while on invite in and around the dunes. I've had 1 party the whole time which did nothing but waste my tabs with turning level sync on and off.

So srsly, how do people get jobs that suck at soloing to 20, 'cause that was absolute torture.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-05 12:08:13
Link | Citer | R

use both, while in the party, use FoV pages.
 Odin.Ahligieri
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-07-05 12:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Is Cape Terrigan FoV really that good...to be able to compete with a good Aht Urhgan party?

These days I pretty much keep to the different levels of pink birds (East Ron too), or Imps, until 75. Then either mamools or birds, and that's kept me pretty good.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-07-05 12:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
I was actually really wondering about this at lower levels. Also, I'm not sure if it's because of FoV or because my servers been closed for over a year, but like, does no-one party in dunes any more?

I've just solo'd my rdm (which blows solo at low levels btw) to 19 while on invite in and around the dunes. I've had 1 party the whole time which did nothing but waste my tabs with turning level sync on and off.

So srsly, how do people get jobs that suck at soloing to 20, 'cause that was absolute torture.

I astral burned the jobs I don't like to 20ish XD Whm I guess I'd kill EPs with if I had to solo. Nothing you can do about it when the server's closed :/
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-05 12:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Ahligieri said:
Is Cape Terrigan FoV really that good...to be able to compete with a good Aht Urhgan party?

These days I pretty much keep to the different levels of pink birds (East Ron too), or Imps, until 75. Then either mamools or birds, and that's kept me pretty good.

As DRK and MNK I used that FoV, it's worth it. Beats fighting birds and such at those levels.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-05 12:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Cape Terrigan is ***compared to a real merit party, but it's decent if you're one of those jobs that aren't commonly invited as it's kind of a set limit of 1 page an hour (the mobs your killing give pretty average exp without the pages). It's nice to do every now and then if you have low jobs to level though, as it gets you a lot of tabs reasonably fast, which of course can be used for buffs and such on the low jobs, as well as a free warp home from holla/dem/mea.
[+]
 Hades.Spoon
Serveur: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Spoon 2009-07-05 12:18:12
Link | Citer | R

I just went back to the dunes last week and had one decent pt, got from 17 to 21 doing sync, and apart from that, every time I've used FoV to solo I've averaged about 3 times the xp as I have with the recent failpts. FoV and Sync are way handy, but have the misfortune of turning pts into...I don't even know what some of them are. Seriously, trading 100 tabs for 1k xp in a pt?
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-05 12:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:

Patience, with an equal helping of "God damn it, I'd rather stab my eyeballs out then get into another broken *** Dunes party"

Hell, I'd rather grind on EP-DC bunnies and lizards...

And, since unlocking Sky, I do all my FoV up there now. The Birds-Pots regime is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE easy and there's nowhere near the competition in Terrigan...it's ridiculous out there sometimes.
 Fenrir.Alijah
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-05 13:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:

It's not just your server. A lot of people on mine have given up on Dunes parties and now just solo their way to 20 before heading to Qufim. I avoided the Dunes long before FoV came out, and now it's just easier to do.

With the introduction of level sync, dunes parties became a little more common again but for the most part, you tend to see small groups of 1-3 doing FoV rather than a real party in the Dunes. And even then, a 'real party' is 6 DDs and 1 ls mate PL'ing outside.

I've done Rdm, and I recently did Sch through the dunes levels and I've found that, when solo, it's easiest to just target EP - and blow through them, rather than a 2 minute fight with an EM. Im currently doing Monk as well and my preferred way to xp is take a bunch of mats to make au lait (or plain milk if you dont have the cooking skill), grab a FoV page, and have at it. Is it as fast as a party? I dont know. Maybe it's a bit slower than a 'good' (lol) dunes parties but as someone said, at least you dont deal with the constant loss of tabs, subjobless newbs, and even worse, the NOOBS who have a 75 already and think they know EVERYTHING. I'd rather go at a slow and steady pace by myself than deal with the toxic waste that is the Dunes.

($0.02)
 Unicorn.Akyraa
Serveur: Unicorn
user:
By Unicorn.Akyraa 2009-07-05 13:19:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Sadly, All this FoV Crap is makin this Game Far too easy nowadays imo =\

I Miss the days when ppl PTed in the dunes back when u thought running to La Theine was safe and coming back in thinking "yay i got away!" when u zoned back in there was a gob there waiting to rearrange ur face :O

And w/ Endgame camp now for merits... I know there has to be someone out there that remembers PTin on weapons in sky, Kindred Demons up in Uleguerand Range, or in Lufaise Meadows.

Kinda miss those Camp lol, Granted the EXP wasnt as nice as Bird camps in AU areas but my Gay *** still enjoyed them =)
 Unicorn.Cycl
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Cycl 2009-07-05 13:46:56
Link | Citer | R

/bst, DC + EM, FoV, XP
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-05 13:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I love FoV. Obviously, nothing's gonna be as efficient as a regular exp party, but FoV and Campaign are a God send for me...

I dunno, I guess I just like to do my own thing more then dealing with 5 people I don't know and may or may not suck.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-05 13:50:54
Link | Citer | R

I would rather solo through my 20's than have to be in an exp party in Teh Doonz. That zone tends to bring the stupid out of everyone, and I don't wanna deal with that.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-05 13:55:36
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:
I would rather solo through my 20's than have to be in an exp party in Teh Doonz. That zone tends to bring the stupid out of everyone, and I don't wanna deal with that.

Totally. Plus, nobody has the tools to really do their job well out there at those levels anyways...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-05 13:59:21
Link | Citer | R

I like it when 75's level sync in areas under 37, it makes me laugh when they have their higher level gear on like it's gonna be useful.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-05 14:06:06
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:
I like it when 75's level sync in areas under 37, it makes me laugh when they have their higher level gear on like it's gonna be useful.

Yeah, seriously, I *** LOVE running by Dunes parties and seeing 3 people in a group wearing AF...

Might as well be *** naked for all the good it's doing...retards. THAT'S why level sync sucks at times, not necessarily just because of people not learning to play a job, but also because people that DO know better don't give a ***enough to even gear up correctly for a sync party.

Great example being set there, guys...

Of course, these are the same people that *** later when said noob is wearing gear 30 levels lower then what it should be...
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-07-05 15:01:41
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Yeah, seriously, I *** LOVE running by Dunes parties and seeing 3 people in a group wearing AF...

I love it when you're in the dunes and notice a lvl 10 SAM wearing Shura body... Cause you know, -50 HP at lvl 10 isnt a big deal...
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-05 16:12:24
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:

I dont think it's a matter of them thinking it's going to be 'elite' as much as why go buy a crap ton of level 37 gear for a 1-time thing. Especially jobs like Rdm or Brd or Sam or something. You really think they have a hard time getting a merit party? No, if theyre sync'ed to 37 it's probably helping out a friend or ls mate.

Not to mention, all the Level sync gear is scaled (even the negative stats, so -50 HP wouldnt necessarily be -50 HP. And they do have a Defense rating, so it is better than being naked), so the stats are lowered, not 'turned off.' It still has a bit of bonus, I'd think. I think I remembered reading somewhere that the way Sync is determined is it compares the Level 75 gear to the best gear at that level, then syncs the 75 to just below that. If that made sense. So, if your feet have 3 Int and the Best feet available at 37 have 2 Int, your feet would have 1. Or something.

I dont level sync often (ok, at all. Im a bit of a party snob), but if my friend begged me to help him out by playing Rdm in his level 40 party cause he can't find a healer, Im not about to go buy a bunch of level 40 gear that Im going to sell back in 3 hours.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-05 16:15:50
Link | Citer | R

Guess I'm strange in that I hold on to my lower level gear so I don't have to go buy and sell constantly. For job specific pieces I can understand, but there's lots of sets, like Bone, and Beetle, that almost every job uses...

Why sell and rebuy and sell and rebuy, unless you're NEVER gonna level a job at that level again, why not just keep it?

EDIT: Kungfu knows what I'm saying ^^
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-05 16:17:04
Link | Citer | R

Well ya'know, you could SAVE the gear you've acquired over the levels, that way you won't have to buy endless amounts of extra ***.

Republican Sub, Windurstian Kyahan, Fuma feet, stuff like that.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-05 16:17:31
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Guess I'm strange in that I hold on to my lower level gear so I don't have to go buy and sell constantly. For job specific pieces I can understand, but there's lots of sets, like Bone, and Beetle, that almost every job uses...

Why sell and rebuy and sell and rebuy, unless you're NEVER gonna level a job at that level again, why not just keep it?

EXACTLY.... I saved most of my low level gear too.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-05 16:19:02
Link | Citer | R

Actually, that's one of my big master plans...get every job to 16 then ditch everything pre-bone gear, then get everything to 21 and *** all the pre-beetle ***, etc...

I still got a long way to go LOL
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-05 16:19:03
Link | Citer | R

I have Rdm and Blm at 75, Whm at 43, and Sch at 38, so no, I have absolute 0 level-20 Mage gear.

Some people have so many 75s that they are, to the full extent, "grown out" of that armor set.

Edit:

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Actually, that's one of my big master plans...get every job to 16 then ditch everything pre-bone gear, then get everything to 21 and *** all the pre-beetle ***, etc...

I still got a long way to go LOL

You even say so right here; if you bring all your jobs past Bone gear and grow out of it, then why keep it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-05 16:20:49
Link | Citer | R

um... I don't wanna sync to 10 in the doonz with a 30+ job.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Serveur: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-07-05 16:21:41
Link | Citer | R

i think it really depends on the party >.>

FoV during PTs though is nice.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-05 16:22:58
Link | Citer | R

yeah, FoV with exp parties is pretty sweet...

But seriously, any party in the doonz will suck, unless you're with your LS mates, at least then you won't have the bitching and moaning.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-05 16:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Alijah said:
You even say so right here; if you bring all your jobs past Bone gear and grow out of it, then why keep it?

Well, if I was syncing to that level, I would at least rebuy the core pieces and sell them back at the end of the day. I'm not saying you need to have every slot filled with something level appropriate, but the core 4 pieces isn't gonna break anyone (body, hands, legs and feet). I mean, peeps could at least wear their RSE in Jungle camps, but you still see bunches of people in full AF out there...

I mean, if rebuying a few pieces of level 15 gear is gonna break somebody, I really don't know how the hell they get by in the first place...
 Fenrir.Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-05 16:29:58
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
I mean, if rebuying a few pieces of level 15 gear is gonna break somebody, I really don't know how the hell they get by in the first place...

It's not gonna break as much as it's a pain in the ***. We only have 7 AH slots (I have 21 cause of mules, but I digress). If you're like me and craft a lot, those AH are priceless. I currently have all 21 slots filled and another 10-15 items sitting in MH waiting to be listed once that stuff sells. Not to mention, another 4 stacks of 99 Acid bolt heads to turn into bolts once I have the room--and 1 stack of 99 generally yields me 3-4 stacks depending on my HQ rate. I'd rather save those 7 AH slots for my quivers/ores/ingots/leathers that will sell for anywhere from 20-300k a piece, than a Bone Subligar for 10k.
[+]
First Page 2