RDM Enhancing Skill Script!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Other » RDM Enhancing Skill Script!
RDM Enhancing Skill Script!
By Toxiccreep 2013-05-08 04:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Recommended to have perhaps 1-2 or greater refresh, and of course, Refresh 2.
Built for RDM main, I'm not the best at spellcast, but those bulky huge skillup scripts aren't necessary.. and they're annoying.

You may want to tweak wait times in it to suit your fast cast, i have just about no fast cast gear so, you should rarely fail to cast due to cast times. As far as i know once it's going it doesn't get stuck.

Barspells weren't giving me any skillups (SE nerf?) so I decided to make this, hope it helps someone, Don't use it in stupid places, please? Botting in Port Jeuno or just outside of a town is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. ._.

I included the cancels because I felt that I got more skillups when I didn't stack my spell, so assure you have cancel, or remove the cancel lines.

Food is untested but should work in theory, uncomment the <!-- --> on lines 42/47 if you wish to use it.

Well, I hope my little script helps someone. I've personally reported people who bot in plain sight, Like.. Right outside Windurst gate, or outside Port Jeuno Mog, so please just be smart.. Not the Square bans anyone for it anymore.

Edit: Major modifications to the script to prevent 30~second buff stalls.
Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<spellcast>
   <config RequireVersion="2.11" showGearSwaps="false" Debug="false" />
   <variables>
      <var name="ComposureActive">0</var>
      <var name="RefreshActive">0</var>
      <var name="HasteActive">0</var>
      <var name="FoodActive">0</var>
   </variables>
   <sets>
      <group Name="RDMEnhancing" default="yes">
         <set />
      </group>
   </sets>
   <rules>
      <!--Var Rules -->
      <if buffactive="Composure">
         <var cmd="set ComposureActive 1" />
      </if>
      <else>
         <var cmd="set ComposureActive 0" />
      </else>
      <if buffactive="Refresh">
         <var cmd="set RefreshActive 1" />
      </if>
      <else>
         <var cmd="set RefreshActive 0" />
      </else>
      <if buffactive="Haste">
         <var cmd="set HasteActive 1" />
      </if>
      <else>
         <var cmd="set HasteActive 0" />
      </else>
      <if buffactive="Food">
         <var cmd="set FoodActive 1" />
      </if>
      <else>
         <var cmd="set FoodActive 0" />
      </else>
      <!--End Var Rules-->
      <!--Commented out, no food!
		<if advanced='"$FoodActive" = "0"'>
            <action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 5;input /item "Stuffed Pitaru" <me>wait 10;</action>
        </if>
		End Comment-->
      <!--Cast Delays-->
      <if spell="Composure">
         <aftercastdelay Delay="6.0" />
         <var cmd="set ComposureActive 1" />
      </if>
      <elseif spell="Refresh*">
         <aftercastdelay Delay="6.0" />
         <var cmd="set RefreshActive 1" />
      </elseif>
      <elseif spell="Haste">
         <aftercastdelay Delay="5.0" />
         <var cmd="set HasteActive 1" />
      </elseif>
      <!--End Cast Delays-->
      <!--Autocast-->
      <if advanced=""$ComposureActive" = "0"">
         <action type="command" when="aftercast">input /ja "Composure" <me></action>
      </if>
      <elseif advanced=""$RefreshActive" = "0"">
         <action type="command" when="aftercast">input /ma "Refresh II" <me></action>
      </elseif>
      <elseif advanced=""$HasteActive" = "0"">
         <action type="command" when="aftercast">input /ma "Haste" <me></action>
      </elseif>
      <elseif spell="Protect|Refresh*|Composure|Haste">
         <action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 3;input /ma "Shell" <me></action>
         <action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 1;cancel 40</action>
      </elseif>
      <elseif spell="Shell">
         <action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 3;input /ma "Protect" <me></action>
         <action type="command" when="aftercast">wait 1;cancel 41</action>
      </elseif>
      <!--End Autocast-->
   </rules>
</spellcast>
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-05-08 04:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Clearly you don't think there's anything wrong with skilling up this way since you do it yourself--why report others who do it? "Here, have some free pot. BY THE WAY, I called the cops the last time I saw someone with pot. Now if you'll please excuse me, I'm going to go enjoy my pot." o.O

I've never used a skillup script, but I don't really see the point in going out of my way to mess with people trying to get their skills ready for group play. Doesn't affect me in any way other than de-gimping someone I may end up having to play with in the future.
[+]
By Toxiccreep 2013-05-08 05:26:21
Link | Citer | R

There's a difference.
You're saying you're going to enjoy your pot in your home for instance.
You don't just walk into a police station with a bag of cocaine and start having away at it. That'd make you a moron.

I report the people the GM's should have the common sense to ban. Aka people who sit in port Jeuno casting Protect on themselves for four days.

No- I really don't feel like there's anything wrong with it, Just don't be a moron about where you go to do it. There's plenty of places where nobody will see you.
By Drjones 2013-05-08 08:51:07
Link | Citer | R

This is the most needlessly convoluted skillup script I have ever seen.
[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-05-08 09:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Toxiccreep said: »
There's a difference.
You're saying you're going to enjoy your pot in your home for instance.
You don't just walk into a police station with a bag of cocaine and start having away at it. That'd make you a moron.

I report the people the GM's should have the common sense to ban. Aka people who sit in port Jeuno casting Protect on themselves for four days.

No- I really don't feel like there's anything wrong with it, Just don't be a moron about where you go to do it. There's plenty of places where nobody will see you.
GMs don't sit around watching the crowds of people in Jeuno--there aren't enough of them. They spend their time writing messages and answering calls.

Whether it's stupid or not is irrelevant. You don't report people for being stupid, you report them for doing things that you think are wrong. The only thing that's different about someone skilling up in town as opposed to somewhere else is that you can see what they're doing. Well, you can see what you're doing too when you launch a skillup script. Might as well report yourself. Alternatively, someone from your server might read this and see fit to report you the next time you run your script--and it would be no different.
By Toxiccreep 2013-05-08 17:08:48
Link | Citer | R

Drjones- Actually, I think it's quite simplified compared to other scripts.
But please, I'd love to see your adjustments to it.
It is my first automated script after all, and it's working better than any of the enhancing skillups scripts I've found.

Carrelo- Like I said, I reported a player in port Jeuno who was enhance botting for days. He was never banned and still plays. It's not a matter of if someone does something wrong anymore, as Square doesn't ban botters. Look at the fishing botters in Beaucedine Glacier, They undoubtedly get reported, and have a VERY high fishing skill level.

Square doesn't ban botters anymore anyway, which means if you can't beat em, join em. Sorry, Nobody has hundreds of hours to waste casting enhancing magic to skill up, and let's just say they do- It's boring as all hell, Sure you could always do it in Besieged or whatever, but at the end of the day the point is the same.

I initially made this for someone else anyhow, I'm finding a lot of people with the same opinion as me, though, most people don't care as long as you don't do it in places that bug them.
By Drjones 2013-05-10 12:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Toxiccreep said: »
Drjones- Actually, I think it's quite simplified compared to other scripts.
But please, I'd love to see your adjustments to it.
It is my first automated script after all, and it's working better than any of the enhancing skillups scripts I've found.
I'll see if I still have the script floating around when I get home.

All you really need is something that will trigger a new cast of a given spell whenever that spell is cast so it just chains itself. The whole thing is under ten lines of code.

You've added a lot of extra functionality, but most of it looks like unnecessary fluff.
By laydygaga 2013-05-10 12:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
"Here, have some free pot. BY THE WAY, I called the cops the last time I saw someone with pot. Now if you'll please excuse me, I'm going to go enjoy my pot."

EPIC!
By Toxiccreep 2013-05-11 11:46:24
Link | Citer | R

Well yes, the extra functionality is to allow you to sustain your MP pool constantly, without ever having to rest or do anything manually at all. It constantly makes sure composure is up, so that your refresh/hastes stay longer, costing less MP.. giving you more time to cast, The haste helps cast a little faster, but it's probably not necessary, i slowwed it down a little because it was draining too much MP.

The idea being that people don't need to monitor their ffxi at all while running this.
 Siren.Gwynplaine
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Gwynplaine 2013-05-26 13:54:27
Link | Citer | R

lol you are a *** moron.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-05-26 14:13:47
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Gwynplaine said: »
lol you are a *** contradicting moron.

fixed
By Toxiccreep 2013-05-30 02:48:40
Link | Citer | R

If there was a FFXI title for you, it'd be "Blithering Idiot".
Call me a moron when you can write a sentence FFS.

Hypocrite =! Moron

In fact, if you took the time to read what i wrote about it, I went out of my way to explain it so nit-witted pea-brains could understand.

I posted this because I couldn't find a single decent enhancing skill up script out there, Aka a favor to people who didn't want to waste countless hours of their time skilling.

However, the one thing I asked is people didn't use this script to sit around botting in stupid, obvious, obtrusive zones/spots. Essentially, there's clearly enough idiots online already, I simply strive to lessen the number.

Botting on any MMO may be new to you. Not everyone has experience at it, I offered a suggestion (Having experience) and a reason (Not getting found = Not getting banned) and I've heard nothing but *** about it.

If you have a problem with what I said or why I said it, **** You. Don't post on here, go somewhere else and continue your insignificant piddly life, Don't try to bring me down to your level, the lowwest point in my entire life won't be as low as your stupid little worthless no-life-trolling boring ***.

That all being said, I hope this is helpful to someone else, If you're not wasting my time (complaining about morals/warnings/advice is wasting my time.) then feel free to post.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-30 05:19:56
Link | Citer | R

That looks a bit overcomplicated. You should only need 4-5 rules.

<if spell="Protect">
<cmd when="aftercast">wait 3;Shell <me></cmd>
</if>
<if spell="Shell">
<cmd when="aftercast">wait 3;Protect <me></cmd>
</if>
<if spell="Refresh II">
<cmd when="aftercast">wait 3;input /item "Food Name" <me>;wait 3;Protect <me></cmd>
</if>
<if notbuffactive="Refresh" spell="Protect|Shell">
<changespell spell="Refresh II" />
</if>
<if notbuffactive="Composure" spell="Protect|Shell|Refresh*">
<changespell spell="Composure" />
<cmd when="aftercast">wait 3;Protect <me></cmd>
</if>
By Toxiccreep 2013-06-03 13:24:55
Link | Citer | R

I suppose that's a more viable solution, either way it gets the job done without being bloated to all hell like some of the files out there.