Voidwatch Etiquette
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-05-07 15:30:24
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's actually the same amount of time. Cause the time you spend not clearing the chest asap would be the same time spent waiting on buffs with rift up.

actually i guess you are right
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-05-07 15:38:18
Link | Citer | R

It's actually the same amount of time. Cause the time you spend not clearing the chest asap would be the same time spent waiting on buffs with rift up.

assuming that some impatient idiot doesn't pop it when ppl arnt ready/buffed yet.

I mean, since were talking about etiquette (and bad etiquette) here, its worth looking at when things don't go perfectly too. (even if only a theoretical argument). Hell, Ive seen times where ppl pop mobs before cells are even traded for the group.. Some times, ppl do stupid things.

My only point originally was that with everyone at chest, its a lot less likely to miss someone while buffing. Especially if your the last one to clear the chest, as to not piss everyone off with interruption. Might take a an extra 10-30 sec, but considering the annoyance of something going wrong in fight, seems worth a few seconds. (Even if the buff being an unlikely cause of it all)

But like i said, purely a theoretical argument.. i always blm in vw lol
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-05-07 15:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Again, depends on how long the popper waits to pop.. I've had it before where I was mid buff, popped Qilin, finished spell as soon as it popped and it killed me.

Good times.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-05-07 15:43:22
Link | Citer | R

I made a suggestion for the Guildwork plug in a while back but it got flamed by haters, though I still think it would fit in well.

I wanted it to:

- Show how many Voidstones the person had so if they only have 3 or 4 they weren't disappearing to restone on something far away like Qilin. It's fine if something happens like half an alliance gets killed by a death-move and you are waiting on weaknesses but not your only WHM disappears to restone when everyone is alive and well -.-

- Which Temps the person has so you are not inviting them to be a DD at Ig-Alima when they don't have Fanatics yet (yes I've seen this many times).

- Which clears they have, so you aren't inviting them to something like Qilin just to find out they will be running there from Tele-Mea (seen this many times too).

- Atmacities and their levels so you aren't inviting DD's (or BLM SCH's to Rex) without leveled atmacties.

- Show a persons Combat and Magic skill levels!!! Nothing like finding out "GA 5" on Bismarck or Morta when you're only WAR with Ukon only has GA skill enough to go halfway up the list still and then me on DRK had to proc it. I've had to do Sword, Axe, Club, Dagger, and GA a few times on DRK when 1-3 ppl of that respective job couldn't do it ... I always help when it's a 3-5 proc but annoys the hell out of me when I have to worry about my own procs too!

I don't care to nitpick someones gear for anything below Ig-Alima really but I wish there was some way to know if someone at least had a decent weapon and their combat/magic skills leveled up to par.

I've been tossing around the idea of making a Lua plugin that keeps a list of "Blacklisted" people you assign to it in a xml file, and when you invite them it could pop up in chat "<$playername> <$reason-blacklisted> <$date-time>". I just don't have the time :(
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-07 15:44:16
Link | Citer | R

If you pop without waiting for buffs, it means you don't care about having them, thus I won't bother giving them to you :>

/princess cor since 2006.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-05-07 15:51:06
Link | Citer | R

If you pop without waiting for buffs, it means you don't care about having them, thus I won't bother giving them to you :>

Depending on what you're doing you can go without buffs, like Qilin.

Sometimes you need them, like Botulus Rex.

Then again, being on WHM when I saw white proc, I equipped Gambanteinn, used TP wing and went to town and also went DRG to VW.

Because I could and people kept inviting me. XD
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-05-08 07:46:52
Link | Citer | R

but but but i want my rolls
dont take it out on the simple guy just because "THE MAN" is impatient/has premature popping medical problem.
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-05-08 08:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Buffing between pops can be something of a tricky issue. Unless your group takes forever to trade cells and start the next fight, the best time to start buffs (for BRD anyway) is a second or two before the last person clears the chest. If you wait too long and people trade cells very quickly (as they do in most JP groups I've joined), you won't always have enough time to finish before everyone scatters in random directions.

Obviously it's impossible to know exactly when that last person will clear the chest, so I tend to use the first fight to get a feel for how much time people need. If the other members seem to clear the chest more slowly, I always wait until more than enough time has passed before I start casting. At this point, like Seha said, we have to wait on buffs anyway, so I find it's best to get started before I end up having to spend even more time fixing everything with Pianissimo. If you've taken so long to clear the chest that you're still not ready by the time I finally get around to starting buffs, then maybe the pressure will help you do it faster the next time. d<.<

Dualboxing isn't terribly cut-and-dry either. There are definitely situations in which it's probably not the best idea, but this doesn't mean that dualboxing is irresponsible in all cases. Personally, I only do it for the easiest VW fights and only if I can bring a low maintenance combination like WHM and BRD. Throw out the standard BRD debuffs at the start, spam threnodies for proc hints while fanatic's is up or the mob is staggered, focus on WHM anytime else. Only times I have trouble are when my video card decides to take a ***and I drop down to single-digit FPS, but that happens dualbox or not. x.x Even while dualboxing, I don't think I've ever even been the last person to clear the chest; I also proc before single-boxers (this is now a word) at least half the time on both chars. So it really depends on the person and his or her particular attention span. :]
 Siren.Taruina
Serveur: Siren
user: zerich
By Siren.Taruina 2013-05-08 12:49:38
Link | Citer | R

VW groups will *** if you go WHM/SCH for no D2.

VW groups will *** if you D2 them within a minute of finishing.
 Shiva.Nindo
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Nindo 2013-05-09 02:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Buffing between pops can be something of a tricky issue. Unless your group takes forever to trade cells and start the next fight, the best time to start buffs (for BRD anyway) is a second or two before the last person clears the chest. If you wait too long and people trade cells very quickly (as they do in most JP groups I've joined), you won't always have enough time to finish before everyone scatters in random directions.

Obviously it's impossible to know exactly when that last person will clear the chest, so I tend to use the first fight to get a feel for how much time people need. If the other members seem to clear the chest more slowly, I always wait until more than enough time has passed before I start casting. At this point, like Seha said, we have to wait on buffs anyway, so I find it's best to get started before I end up having to spend even more time fixing everything with Pianissimo. If you've taken so long to clear the chest that you're still not ready by the time I finally get around to starting buffs, then maybe the pressure will help you do it faster the next time. d<.<

Dualboxing isn't terribly cut-and-dry either. There are definitely situations in which it's probably not the best idea, but this doesn't mean that dualboxing is irresponsible in all cases. Personally, I only do it for the easiest VW fights and only if I can bring a low maintenance combination like WHM and BRD. Throw out the standard BRD debuffs at the start, spam threnodies for proc hints while fanatic's is up or the mob is staggered, focus on WHM anytime else. Only times I have trouble are when my video card decides to take a ***and I drop down to single-digit FPS, but that happens dualbox or not. x.x Even while dualboxing, I don't think I've ever even been the last person to clear the chest; I also proc before single-boxers (this is now a word) at least half the time on both chars. So it really depends on the person and his or her particular attention span. :]
Yea I have no issues if they make a attempt be a useful dualboxer. I have one in my LS who does BLU an WHM as a dualbox. An he'll go back an forth from curing on his mule an trying do procs on his BLU. An that to me is useful an fine. Because atleast hes making attempts to help out. But I've had a few that bring in a whm mule, then dont even cure, buff, or anything useful. An they shove them off to the side an use them only to hold loot. So that to me is annoying especially if its something where we could use that WHM an now were short cures because someone is greedy xD.

And as for the buffs yea I usually try an gauge how quick they check the box. I try an give a heads up before they trade cells im going to buff. Just because my luck they will go in seperate directions an then trying chase them down for buffs is just as annoying. An if someone misses a buff still, then its tough luck for them xD.