Fucking Brogame RMT Calls!!!!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Fucking Brogame RMT calls!!!!
Fucking Brogame RMT calls!!!!
 Bismarck.Heavendragon
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Heavendragon 2009-06-30 09:22:44
Link | Citer | R

We dont talk about RMT ah guys. just about that stupid tells.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-06-30 09:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Heavendragon said:
We dont talk about RMT ah guys. just about that stupid tells.

Heavendragon said:
For example. Maybe if RMT doesnt Exist a Hagun cost just 1-2Million. Not 3. RMT ruin the Game.

Something tells me otherwise.
 Bismarck.Heavendragon
By Bismarck.Heavendragon 2009-06-30 09:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Its just ONE example. And you are right about the update. but it doesnt matter. These calls are very shitty and making the game worser every day.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-06-30 09:28:01
Link | Citer | R

I understand people frustration at getting these /tells but i cannot emphasis enough: Writing on here is going to do *** all about your issues with /tells, just starts trivial arguments.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 09:30:02
Link | Citer | R

oh I dunno, it gives me an opportunity to laugh at people bitching about RMT /tells that I haven't seen in over a year :D
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-06-30 09:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Heavendragon said:
Its just ONE example. And you are right about the update. but it doesnt matter. These calls are very shitty and making the game worser every day.

I'm simply pointing out that your "ideas" about RMT aren't always right.

Sure, the /tells are annoying. You're left with 2 options: Quit FFXI and go to another MMO where RMT will still run around and send you /tells, whispers, PM's, whatever they have.

Or,

Ignore the RMT /tells and carry on with your day like 95% of FFXI do.

Just so you know, it's not that "SE just aren't doing anything about it", though I'll admit.. there could be more they can do. SE is a company, at the end of the day, and as such they can't randomly go around banning half the countries in the world from FFXI just to eliminate RMT. They would either, lose too much money from legitimate, paying customers, or they would have to spend 6 months jumping through hoops to go through all the "legal channels", they sure as hell can't just send a letter:

"Dear President of China,

Please blow up your country, or at least stop all internet connections to FFXI or we will blow China up for you.

Thank you
Square Enix, Japan"
 Bismarck.Verace
user: Verace
By Bismarck.Verace 2009-06-30 09:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Hitetsu said:
Heavendragon said:

I'm simply pointing out that your "ideas" about RMT aren't always right.

Sure, the /tells are annoying. You're left with 2 options: Quit FFXI and go to another MMO where RMT will still run around and send you /tells, whispers, PM's, whatever they have.

Or,

Ignore the RMT /tells and carry on with your day like 95% of FFXI do.

Just so you know, it's not that "SE just aren't doing anything about it", though I'll admit.. there could be more they can do. SE is a company, at the end of the day, and as such they can't randomly go around banning half the countries in the world from FFXI just to eliminate RMT. They would either, lose too much money from legitimate, paying customers, or they would have to spend 6 months jumping through hoops to go through all the "legal channels", they sure as hell can't just send a letter:

"Dear President of China,

Please blow up your country, or at least stop all internet connections to FFXI or we will blow China up for you.

Thank you
Square Enix, Japan"
qft and LOL EPIC WIN
 Unicorn.Claquesous
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-06-30 09:53:21
Link | Citer | R

I hope everyone who has complained here has also filled out at least a handful of mails to the Special Task Force Unit (or STFU).

Despite popular belief, SE is doing something about it:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/development/census/09/10.html

We are diligently working on developing a solution to the RMT website advertisements that have been showing up through the tell function since last year. We believe we should be able to address the issue sometime soon.

My concern is that they're not doing it fast enough. As a programmer, I know how pathetically simple it would be to automatically eliminate the problem. Here's a little pseudo-code:

if (tell_string contains "brosale.com" or "brogame.com")
Tele-Mordion-Gaol;

Complaining to SE won't help much. You need to hit them where it counts. I for one will boycott Kupo d'Etat until they fix the problem. If anyone else wants to spread the cause, feel free.
 Siren.Murdock
Serveur: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-06-30 10:01:39
Link | Citer | R

BR74.come on!!!
 Fairy.Gracin
Serveur: Fairy
user: Gracin
By Fairy.Gracin 2009-06-30 10:18:00
Link | Citer | R

LOL cmon guys i mean just cmon. Are these tells really making you that butthurt? Is the 1 tell every 1-2 hrs spamming you so bad your ending up dead because u cant count your shadows or something? Ive said it before and ill say it again .... cmon
[+]
 Ifrit.Hagitotuuh
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Hagitotuuh 2009-06-30 10:19:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

woot only 16$ now ! - RMT buisness must be going badly lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-30 10:50:54
Link | Citer | R

You're the first one to mention China in this thread Hitetsu.
 Bismarck.Heavendragon
By Bismarck.Heavendragon 2009-06-30 11:13:56
Link | Citer | R

LOL cmon guys i mean just cmon. Are these tells really making you that butthurt? Is the 1 tell every 1-2 hrs spamming you so bad your ending up dead because u cant count your shadows or something? Ive said it before and ill say it again .... cmon

Hmm when it would be just 1 in 2 hours i could watch about it. but sometimes i get 3 tells/1h. And tahts very *** bad ;-(
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-30 11:42:45
Link | Citer | R

Heavendragon said:
Hmm when it would be just 1 in 2 hours i could watch about it. but sometimes i get 3 tells/1h. And tahts very *** bad ;-(

Yeah, 1 or 2 here or there ain't a big deal, but I get them back to *** back sometimes. The other day in a 6 hour span I musta got like 11 *** tells. Granted that only averages to 2 per hour but they were coming in like left and right. So yeah...I wish there was an auto filter or something.

Maybe a prompt: "_______ has sent you a tell, allow? Y/N" That way if I get a tell from "Fkjdfhgkdsjhfsu" I can just block it with one button then going through the Blist ***...

I know some people like it wide open cuz they get legit tells all the time, but I sure as hell don't, so I'd like to turn them off TBH
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-06-30 12:59:33
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-06-30 14:48:55
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
You're the first one to mention China in this thread Hitetsu.

Well.. You see, I did a quick "whois" on brogame.com and brosale.com, both of them "originate" in CN, which if I remember right, is China.

But yes, yes I was the first person to mention China.. Cookie for noticing?
 Bismarck.Heavendragon
By Bismarck.Heavendragon 2009-07-01 06:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Yesterday i was on Brogame.com and used the live chat and called them to stop sending me tell. They say ok they will try. I hope they Stop now.

I sayed i deleat theyr page if the dont stop and i hack them. ;-)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-01 06:19:09
Link | Citer | R

Heavendragon said:
Yesterday i was on Brogame.com and used the live chat and called them to stop sending me tell. They say ok they will try. I hope they Stop now.

I sayed i deleat theyr page if the dont stop and i hack them. ;-)

You think a bot is going to know an agreement you made with RMT..?

Also, I could be wrong, but I'm sure willfully "hacking and deleting their website" is illegal in.. well, everywhere >_> So they would probably have grounds to sue you if something DID happen to their website.
 Fairy.Tambeans
user: Tambeans
By Fairy.Tambeans 2009-07-01 10:06:11
Link | Citer | R

I get them every time I change zones, and several times in the zone depending on how long I m there, unless I m on vis.
 Bismarck.Heavendragon
By Bismarck.Heavendragon 2009-07-01 10:46:56
Link | Citer | R

I dont think its a bot. Because they could answer all my questions with live support. And it sounds realy real.

Selling ingame Money for ReaL Money isnt legal to ;-)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-01 11:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Live Support isn't a bot..

The RMT that spam you ingame ARE bots. They don't know or care who you are, they're simply lines of code that are made to /tell everyone that's online.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Serveur: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-07-01 11:40:08
Link | Citer | R

Oddly enough I received my first rmt /tell to sell gil last night. 15$/1M. Anyone else get those?
As far as /tell's for buying gil I get them once or twice every hour or so. I ignore them, it doesn't bother me that much.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-07-01 15:21:11
Link | Citer | R

im about to filter out ALL tells... or at least set them to "hold" >_>
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-07-01 15:36:02
Link | Citer | R

Hikuzo said:
im about to filter out ALL tells... or at least set them to "hold" >_>

"Hold" would be a bad idea >_> That makes it so they pop up on your screen when your log gets flooded. Useful mostly for LS/PT chat!
 Bismarck.Heavendragon
By Bismarck.Heavendragon 2009-07-03 08:36:03
Link | Citer | R

Just for your information. Since i was on Brogame.com and talked to that (bot), i dont got tells anymore. So make it to if you dont want them anymore.
 Asura.Crewe
Serveur: Asura
user: Crewe
By Asura.Crewe 2009-07-05 11:48:18
Link | Citer | R

To the whole skyrocketed prices, we the players do that. It's simple enough Past week I've had a hand in bringing kabutos down to 220 and back over 300 now depends how you wanna handle and how others do. Best way to make gil in this game is peoples stupidity. Buy up 4-5 things that cost X amount of money and just raise the price on those 30k ea in the end people will either not sell seeing theres so many on the ah or people will give in and buy them. <3 Peoples stupidity in this game and those who take it serious. - rambles on some more.