Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis Ninja Monsters
Dynamis Ninja Monsters
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-06-30 10:41:48
Link | Citer | R

There's no set trigger, other than that they won't 2hr without having been damaged.
Have people toss stuns, and have folks WS at 50% or so (start casting nukes at higher HP if BLMs are assisting). They're squishy, and Mijin is HP based, so the worst that'd happen is that you reduce the damage done. Often they don't even get a chance to use it that way.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-06-30 10:48:41
Link | Citer | R

aye, it's not firebased. i dont usually bother to take BQR off on brd and i usually take less damage than others.
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-06-30 11:04:03
Link | Citer | R

SCH can be useful, Stoneskin-ga will take a lot of the sting out of it.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Serveur: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-06-30 16:22:03
Link | Citer | R

Argettio said:

Putting BLUs out of jobs, one step at a time.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-06-30 16:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Argettio said:
Our LS attidute is:

NIN 2hr: it happens, get over it, eat it like a man.
MNK 2hr: when possible gravity it and let the BLM kite it until it pops 2hr, then sleep it.
SMN 2hr: The RDM call out avatars as they come into camp and they are responsible to keep their avatar slept.

MNK is some times straight tanked (when the BLM are busy with statues) but can mean death for 1-3 people (as the BLM wont be there to stun).

well i once kuraymi'd a mnk as it was bout to 2hr and strait tanked as NIN and lived >.>
I wouldnt suggest doing this lol but flash and pld strait tank works fine might kill 1 pld though
 Kujata.Argettio
Serveur: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-06-30 16:55:31
Link | Citer | R

Rumaha said:

well i once kuraymi'd a mnk as it was bout to 2hr and strait tanked as NIN and lived >.>
I wouldnt suggest doing this lol but flash and pld strait tank works fine might kill 1 pld though

Like I said we do straight tank them at times. But TBH the BLM are normally stood with their fingers up their bums once the statues are dead, so they may as well be on MNK duty.

Sentinel is more than enough to deal with normal MNKs.
 Ifrit.Kalix
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-06-30 18:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Wow, I'm amazed at all the "strats" on this. If someone told me they would deduct "points" because I WS a normal mob in Dyna, I think I would die laughing before telling them to go *** themselves.

250-300 Dyna runs under my belt and the only time we EVER worry about a Nin mob is if it's a NM. We burn through all the rest of the mobs too fast for most to use their 2hour. A 1K+ Gekko will drop their HP 40%ish? As long as you have 6-7 other DDs bashing on it/WSing, you should kill it or drop it to 1-3% before it 2 hours. Now if you are fighting the mobs right there next to the Blms, then you might have a problem. That's why our Melee always are a bit behind the Blms. All other Mages should be keeping Stoneskin up, so what is the big deal? Only people that would die would be 1) the weakened people resting too close or 2) the party with the shitty healer.

Mnks on the other hand are a different story. We don't have "rules" for fighting them, we just know that if we generate a lot of hate just before it 2hours, we will get eatten very fast. I typically hold WS until I know I can either 1) kill it or 2) drop it low enough that it won't kill me before others kill it.

Melee have one job: Kill ***as fast as possible (which normally means USE YOUR WS)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Serveur: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-30 18:49:22
Link | Citer | R

Azulmagia said:
Argettio said:

Putting BLUs out of jobs, one step at a time.
More than happy not to have to do that job anymore. lol
 Seraph.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Seraph.Phaded 2009-06-30 19:09:55
Link | Citer | R

When it comes down to it, it all depends on the amount of dmg you can output to kill a mob.

If you are TP burning through everything and have no problems building TP then the WS won't matter. But when low manning the bottom line is if you take away a ninja's ability to cast on you then it will go boom. Why? Because if its casting a stupid spell it obviously can't 2hr. It's preferable to have it cast a nuke or status effect on the person with hate then for it to be silenced and left with the greater chance to Mijin.

That said, Dynamis sucks, if it wants to go boom then it will.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 19:33:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm not 100% convinced that barfire does nothing either.

Mijin Gakure is based on mob HP, and isn't effected by how many people it hits. That sounds a lot like a breath attack to me, in which case barfira would do nothing for damage, but may help the resist rate. I've done absolutely no testing on this, it's just a theory I heard once that actually makes a little sense.

Edit: Just read on wiki that someone did 900 mijin on Ifrit, so that kinda kills my theory <_<
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-06-30 19:44:25
Link | Citer | R

On regular ninja opponents, they tend to die so quickly you don't get to notice; but on NM's or more potent enemies (like kindred), we have a general rule of thumb; we save all weapon skills and stuns for under 40%, at which point everyone spams them.

We have never seen Mijin Gakure pre-40% health, ever, and we have done hundreds of runs and killed thousands of NIN mobs. This includes the Xarcabard NM. We're pretty sure it triggers after 40% randomly, because the activation seems to be very erratic when it does go off. Sometimes we've seen it at 37%, others at 1%; but never above 40%.

We could be completely wrong, but it's working well with us. Mijin gakure is a rarity in our shell.

As for Barfira, that's just a myth. It clearly makes no difference.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-06-30 19:47:22
Link | Citer | R

I heard being Tarutaru makes a difference tho. Can someone confirm that :d ?
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-30 19:50:38
Link | Citer | R

zhul said:
The correct answer is: NIN mobs go boom when they feel like it. I mean what next, blm mobs only use manafont when someone casts AM2 on them? Give me a break. Until I see an official statement by SE I'm gonna call *** on this whole WS thing.

I've heard the WS thing and wondered myself. My belief is, if the mob is going to 2hr, it can did it whenever.

Argettio said:
Ninjas aren't that big a threat in dynamis. MNKs and SMNs are far more annoying imo.

As someone who has been on the recieving end of both these mob types I agree.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-06-30 19:53:06
Link | Citer | R

I don't see why everyone makes such a huge fuss about Summoners. Outside of Astral Flow, they're a walkover, and Astral flow is easily prevented. Monks are understandable, Hundred Fists can be pretty devestating... but Summoners? Why are people still afraid of them? :\
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-30 19:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Antipika said:
I heard being Tarutaru makes a difference tho. Can someone confirm that :d ?

Yes it does. Your answer is pictured below:
User submitted image

I credit Darkdestroyer for the image though.
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=464659
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 19:58:24
Link | Citer | R

Wooooodum said:
I don't see why everyone makes such a huge fuss about Summoners. Outside of Astral Flow, they're a walkover, and Astral flow is easily prevented. Monks are understandable, Hundred Fists can be pretty devestating... but Summoners? Why are people still afraid of them? :\

Because astral flow is always devastating if given a chance to go off. I've been in sub-par shells before and I know how easy it is for the sleeps to get on top of you if there are too many mobs. You only need one avatar to wake up at the wrong time and the whole alliance is dead. I don't think a nin will do that much damage even at max HP, and MNK's only kill one person at a time.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-06-30 20:01:08
Link | Citer | R

But with such a big pull, why would you fight the Summoners first? They are not dangerous except for astral flow. If you don't engage them, they won't astral flow, which means avatars can wake up as much as they please and they're no danger. You clean up all the other monsters without the danger of Astral Flow and deal with the summoners when you can focus more on their pets.

Astral Flow can also be stunned too.

And about the NIN HP thing... At max HP, I'd imagine they'd do something like 4k damage, considering the average Mijin at 25% will wipe every non-tank or Monk out.

Edit: 4k*, typo on the 4k. 40k, haha. Jesus.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 20:02:11
Link | Citer | R

Did I mention sub-par? :p

I'm aware that smn aren't hard to control, but people are stupid.
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-30 21:11:01
Link | Citer | R

That's the responsiblity of your tank in killing the SMN first. I'll generally Lullaby any SMN pets and they'll be dead before Lullaby wears. All except Carby obviously. MNK and NIN low man I'll spam Foe and Horde below 50% to try sleep stun it but WS kills are generally the easiest way to stop them from 2hr'ing. Also a PLD tank can flash/sentinel/reprisal and MNK mobs will tend to do nothing. Basically your options are kill the mob in 10 seconds or let it hundred fist for 45 seconds, your choice.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-30 21:15:35
Link | Citer | R

OOOH OOOH! OPTION B! OPTION B!
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-30 23:47:04
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Did I mention sub-par? :p

I'm aware that smn aren't hard to control, but people are stupid.

We can have a whole nother topic all on that one.. wait I think we have 20.

Every mob has a weakness it's just exploiting it. NIN w/o shadows are easy and most mage mobs are squishier than taru. PLDs might have the melee defense but a few nukes and it's early Thanksgiving.

Honestly I always hated the THF NMs. They always seemed to 2hr are the worst moment.
 Seraph.Abarai
user: Abarai
By Seraph.Abarai 2009-07-01 02:13:34
Link | Citer | R

Ive been in a couple of below par dyna shells and some really good ones.
In my experience seeing as i used to be main or assist tank for nearly all my shells, everytime a single WS landed on a nin type mob it would go kaboom. Maybe its just that once one WS goes off everyones goes off and its down below 40% in a sec and just blows..

With smns, why risk the astral flow? people make mistake, forget to sleep again when they wake up, best policy is kill the mob with the biggest potential to completely wipe your alliance = smn
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-01 02:19:08
Link | Citer | R

I don't think I've seen a nin in namis mijin above 50%... and really besides nms a pt of blms should be able to smoke any mob from full HP easy in 1 round of casting.