Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » AH must be too subversive
AH must be too subversive
 Alexander.Carrelo
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-04-21 09:32:05
Link | Citer | R

ffxiah, you seem to have hurt China's feelings. Whatever you said, can you take it back and make nice so I can use the site without my VPN again?
:3

So for some reason, ffxiah randomly gets blocked in China for long periods of time. What's weird is that the block never seems to be permanent; I've been able to use the site without my VPN for more than 7 months, but it's been blocked for about 2 weeks now (or at least it is in Guangdong province). :< Really it's just a minor inconvenience, but I miss being able to play and use ffxiah at the same time XD (VPN chokes my connection too much).

At any rate, my guess is that it'll eventually be unblocked again, but I wanted to ask: has there been any (recent) significant change in the kind of content associated with this domain? Like back when googleads blacklisted it for being too profane? Alternatively, could the problem be that ffxiah itself is rejecting the Chinese IP? I ask because bgwiki recently started making me do captchas every time I try load a page--something something "your region has been flagged by the website administrator."

Just curious, appreciate any info. :]

Edit: oh, and I posted this under "Suggestions" as kind of a joke. <.< The "suggestion" is the part in sarcasm tags. XD