Seekers Expansion Questions

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » seekers expansion questions
seekers expansion questions
By Ivette1 2013-04-19 11:19:21
Link | Citer | R

How is the new expansion? i bought the expansion disc for xbox and installed it but i figured id give it a couple of months so that i can come and do the missions and such without having to be guessing around what to do. I know it leaves the "adventure" part kinda out when you know what to do but i still have stuff to get accomplished elsewhere. I need a thaumas coat lol
 Fenrir.Savoree
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2013-04-19 11:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Ivette1 said: »
I need a thaumas coat lol
You do not need a coat. Please do not cover them.
[+]
By Ivette1 2013-04-19 11:27:34
Link | Citer | R

im not a blonde but took me a second to get the joke. haha
[+]
By doublesbrian 2013-04-19 11:43:44
Link | Citer | R

I've dabbled in the expansion, it seems most of it is doing reives for bayld and upgrading your coalition status atm. I think it would be wise to at least go there and start doing the reives whenever you're bored and start saving up bayld at least. You can use them to buy the new armor, and get random key items for future use.

The only missions that are out atm are pretty much get cs, signing up for coalition, and using 50+ Imprimaturs(like campaign ops) doing reives or other quests.

I'd personally recommend since you already bought it is to go out there and just do the the assignments whenever you have tags. you get a tag every 6 hours and can use up to 3 at once, so you can just go out there once a day and take an hour to do 4 'Clear: Ceizak Battlegrounds' assignments and make the most out of adoulin doing the least possible and then wait until they release new missions/everything else gets found out about it.
 Bahamut.Scizor
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2013-04-19 11:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Savoree said: »
I need a thaumas coat lol
You do not need a coat. Please do not cover them.
The uncropped version of that picture is better
By Ivette1 2013-04-19 11:52:23
Link | Citer | R

thanks double, i will do that just to start getting used to being around the new areas.
By doublesbrian 2013-04-19 11:57:14
Link | Citer | R

thanks double, i will do that just to start getting used to being around the new areas.

no problem.

It was weird for me at first but it'll be weird even if you have all the info until you go out there and do it. I personally don't ever go anywhere except West Adoulin and Ceizak Battlegrounds.

Just sign up for the coalition, and then choose 'Clear: Ceizak Battlegrounds', then go out to Ceizak Battlegrounds. There will be random campaign like battles called reives at: West side of G-7, East side of G-8, Middle of G-9, Southern part of I-8.

When there are mobs there, you just approach them to get the sword symbol next to your name(you automatically join) and just fight stuff for exp/bayld. There's usually only one up at a time, just wherever there's a mass of people waiting. When it's over go back to town and turn in the mission, and get it again. Rinse and repeat.
By Ivette1 2013-04-19 12:00:40
Link | Citer | R

does it matter what job i take? i have blm/smn/bst/whm. my other char has more but because of steam not having the expansion i cannot purchase it for my laptop yet .....
By Ivette1 2013-04-19 12:01:36
Link | Citer | R

errrr. just noticed its there now, here comes the long wait.....
By doublesbrian 2013-04-19 12:06:00
Link | Citer | R

DD jobs will have an advantage there by how it maths participation i'm pretty sure. I would recommend bst out of those jobs. Some mobs have bad aoes and it helps when your pet can attack if you need to rest a tad, but don't go too far out of range or you lose status(kind of like voidwatch) it will warn you when you're too far though.
By Tphantom 2013-04-19 12:31:17
Link | Citer | R

i have some experience as BST on the reives and quest in Adoulin, on quest BST does the job, but on Reives (aka getto campaign) bst are left behind by other lowDD in terms of points received, i can say that on same Reive as DNC i can get over 2-3k (any that last 2-3 mins) but on BST i can get around 1.5k, but if i do SMN i do less than 1k. so you know what to expect from those battles.