Drk/nin - no dream crushing please :P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-09-17 20:14:14
Link | Citer | R

Both are pretty nice, especially when /Thf I know Ground Strike (I think that's the WSNM one) can kick ***. I'd skill both. And lolGSPLd.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-17 20:35:48
Link | Citer | R

Aliceisback said:
DREAM CRUSHED STOMP STOMP SLAM

that was uncalled for...

/beer?
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-17 20:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Clowdd said:
btw, nice jenova avatar, im digging it!!

Lol, ty I made it myself. :3
 Cerberus.Rayik
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2009-09-18 06:21:26
Link | Citer | R

It was back in the mid 50's so nobody was using end-game multi-hit stuff. My point being, ppl arent watching their numbers as closely as they watch comments on message boards. If the general consensus is "DW sucks on DRK lulz" it doesn't matter what you bring, elitists are gonna have their say.

I play on XBOX 360, and I can't screen shots with the dialogue window open. I don't sit around taking screen shots of random xp parties anyway.
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2009-09-18 06:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Vincevalentine said:
Rayik said:
I'm a career DRK 75 and I use /nin for a lot of situations. I am personally a big fan of DW and have scored some decent numbers with a pair of swords, and not even near skill capped. I regulary {Vorpal Blade} for over 1500 dmg. The problem being, as mentioned above, by hitting so many more times you are feeding the mob TP.

I say, it's your money, as long as other's lives arent on the line, sub whatever the hell you want. I go /nin for soloing almost exclusively these days, and I live a lot longer. For PT/EXP/Merit, however, you gotta go with a 2H wep, Scythe, Gs, whatever. I know from experience that it doesn't matter how good your dmg is, your parsing, ANYTHING like that, ppl will adhere to their old notions and complain about your setup. I've outdamaged SAM in a pt while DW swords, and yet the PT still bitched.

You are SO full of ***. God I hate trolls.

And yeah, subbing NIN on DRK by choice is stupid. If it's a zerg situation, then cool. Sub NIN and break out your Kris. Any other time, /SAM and Scythe or gtfo my face.

Yeah, I'm a troll. Because I explained a situation where I enjoyed /nin and gave some advice to the OP. Dude, look in the mirror.

Good god I was just trying to contribute to the conversation, I didn't expect to getting *** flamed by all you little *** asshats. Read my post again, I said in basiaclly ANY activity where you are with other ppl, USE A 2H WEAPON! I'm not trying to say DW is better, nobody even gave me a chance to explain.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
Serveur: Asura
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-18 07:18:29
Link | Citer | R

To be honest with you mate, DWing is pretty obselete now. If you dearly want to DW I would suggest get Maneater/Kraken or Maneater/Ridill which to be honest will be the only time you want to DW. Other then that stick to Scythes, I personally have parsed many of our merits and such and found Perdu Sickle to beat most DRK weapons such as GSs or other lower tier Scythes. As for sub jobs you will be asked to come /NIN to many things even when you believe it to be stupid, It's useful at times especially when you're not ready to take serious damage or your tank is not up to par. As for a zerg don't listen to the guy above, /NIN is nice and all but you want /DRG for that haste. Hopefully somebody with DRK75 and a bit more experienced can correct me on these terms but I'm not totally dumb with the subject! :P
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2009-09-18 07:25:25
Link | Citer | R

^^ Thank you, all I wanted was a civilized response. To reiterate, I basically only DW when I'm soloing or duoing with my wife, and even then, its just for fun on occasion. I have scythe capped and almost fully merited. I never implied going DW full time, I only tried to state that it's not completely useless.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-18 09:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Rayik said:
^^ Thank you, all I wanted was a civilized response. To reiterate, I basically only DW when I'm soloing or duoing with my wife, and even then, its just for fun on occasion. I have scythe capped and almost fully merited. I never implied going DW full time, I only tried to state that it's not completely useless.

Yah yah DWing isn't completely bad but as I said, something you just want for fun ya know?
 Pandemonium.Vincevalentine
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-18 09:54:45
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Rayik said:

Yeah, I'm a troll. Because I explained a situation where I enjoyed /nin and gave some advice to the OP. Dude, look in the mirror.

Good god I was just trying to contribute to the conversation, I didn't expect to getting *** flamed by all you little *** asshats. Read my post again, I said in basiaclly ANY activity where you are with other ppl, USE A 2H WEAPON! I'm not trying to say DW is better, nobody even gave me a chance to explain.

Gave advice to the OP... As in helped out his shitty little dreams of being that lolDRK using axes his entire career. To help the community, you have to crush people's dreams and tell them how the hell it's supposed to be done, or they'll keep *** it up from what I've witnessed. It's better to be an *** and have better players than be all sweet and nice and suck at this game.

And honestly I was calling you a troll about the consistent 1500 Vorpal Blades. I'd like to see your average, and if it was a parse or eyeballing, xp'n on puks/imps, etc etc. Some situations I could see it happening (hay souleater spamming noob *** leeching all the mage's MP because they don't know what drain is) under certain conditions/buffs, but I highly doubt it's going to be that high every time.

Also, if you didn't notice, I agreed with you about the rest of your post. =P
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-18 10:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Vincevalentine said:
Rayik said:

Gave advice to the OP... As in helped out his shitty little dreams of being that lolDRK using axes his entire career. To help the community, you have to crush people's dreams and tell them how the hell it's supposed to be done, or they'll keep *** it up from what I've witnessed. It's better to be an *** and have better players than be all sweet and nice and suck at this game.

I very much agree with this because that's how I was brought up from the bottom and that's how I've made my best friends. I've been very mean to them when I first met them, then they started doing ***correctly.
 Gilgamesh.Bluesummers
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Bluesummers 2009-09-18 11:14:00
Link | Citer | R

i havent read up on everything EVERYONE has said but from what i read yeah Mkris would be good for a zerg with a Kclub or a joyeuse if you have one plus you can run around town and look cool (I guess)

but as far as for a pt i use a GS atm just cause guilliotine yes hits harder but it pisses me off when i miss like one hit out of the four and the dmg is gimped (yes i use sushi and ***i've even changed my macros so that i dont equip my plastron ; ; and i have a lot of acc+ and i use milionne's ring and sikle too) GS is only one hit so it dosnt stack with souleater all that good but it hits pretty hard and consistantly high numbers i'd trather do 800+ dmg all the time rather than hitting for 1,000+ everytime all 4 hits land dont get me wrong though souleater + guilliotine is the best but still and GS is also slightly faster which is good

now as far as subjob goes
i use /sam pretty much allways but if i need survaivability i use /nin makes me hit for less and slower but it gives you a LOT more survaivability compared to seigan + third eye so yeah

all in all everything is really situational do what works for you thats what i've done so far and i like to concider myself as a pretty decent drk
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2009-09-18 11:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Vincevalentine said:
Rayik said:
Read my post again, I said in basiaclly ANY activity where you are with other ppl, USE A 2H WEAPON! I'm not trying to say DW is better, nobody even gave me a chance to explain.

And honestly I was calling you a troll about the consistent 1500 Vorpal Blades. I'd like to see your average, and if it was a parse or eyeballing, xp'n on puks/imps, etc etc. Some situations I could see it happening (hay souleater spamming noob *** leeching all the mage's MP because they don't know what drain is) under certain conditions/buffs, but I highly doubt it's going to be that high every time.

=P

Yup, I'm sucking away the healer's MP, spamming souleater against imps and puks WHEN I"M SOLOING! LMAO!! Wow dude, try reading my whole comment before passing judgement. For, the 4th time, I was talking about DW while SOLOING.

"It's better to be an *** and have better players than be all sweet and nice and suck at this game."

Really? Is it really better? You'd rather piss people off and come off as a know-it-all soap box preacher instead of just discussing and playing the game for fun?

And you're right. It's not average 1500 all the time. Just every 5 minutes. When I solo with my healer npc or my wife (blm/whm) and use souleater, then yeah, it gets about that high. Mostly Full Black armor + food + Absorb-STR + ABsorb-VIT + Souleater can do wonders.

*Edit: getting Moogle Kup'detat helm instead of Black helm.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-18 11:42:26
Link | Citer | R

I agree with Vince because that's how I was brought up in the FFXI chain but you pretty much got it Rayik. You'll be fine with the knowledge you know now, if you want more information just PM me.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2009-09-18 11:50:12
Link | Citer | R

I was fine with the knowledge I had to begin with, apparently I really need to work on being more coherent. I don't need fancy charts and graphs to tell me what's working and what isn't. Suggestions are always welcome, but getting handed a volley of "SHUT THE *** UP" "scythe or GTFO" etc etc etc, to me, is not the most effective means of continuing a discussion about game mechanics. Thank you Lordgenbu for being civil and polite.
 Bahamut.Raelia
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-18 11:59:27
Link | Citer | R

Dracondria said:
You'll need GS for /THF stuffs.

/THF is only slightly less HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE than /NIN not dual wielding.

WSing for 50% more damage does not offset only doing it one tenth as often. If you want hate control, get a THF.

Insurgency closes stronger light chains than Spinning Slash.

GS is for gimp DRKs who usually *** about on RDM and such and freelotted half their EX gear and never take Scythe merits. Perdu Sickle is the same: Its great until you stop sucking.

<-- LOL /35THF
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-18 12:10:07
Link | Citer | R

/thf and GSD is for Gods and HNM, because Ground Strike is hax as ***vs high mobs. Situational ***is situational, we already put up options for him to DW cuz he plays how he wants. /endthread

Edit**

Raenryong said:

Moliones and Perdu both handily defeat Tredecim if you have a Rajas Ring.

And this. Went from DWing to people talking of 2hand weapons, I believe this has just turned into one big derail.
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-18 12:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, so you drop 2k on the mob at the start of the fight and spend the rest of the time getting TP again.

Or.. maybe.. you could make use of fully merited scythe and get some buffs and knock the stupid out of Suzy a dozen times /SAM while Dread Spikes and Seigan eat the stray hits.

GS is for unmerited gimps, in a good way. /NIN is for unmerited gimps who have Suppa or never leveled /SAM.

I'll say it again here Rumaha, you really need to get away from the lolDRKs and see a real one. Even I am nothing spectacular without some major CoP items.
[+]
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-18 12:19:18

Rayik said:

Yup, I'm sucking away the healer's MP, spamming souleater against imps and puks WHEN I"M SOLOING! LMAO!! Wow dude, try reading my whole comment before passing judgement. For, the 4th time, I was talking about DW while SOLOING.

"It's better to be an *** and have better players than be all sweet and nice and suck at this game."

Really? Is it really better? You'd rather piss people off and come off as a know-it-all soap box preacher instead of just discussing and playing the game for fun?

And you're right. It's not average 1500 all the time. Just every 5 minutes. When I solo with my healer npc or my wife (blm/whm) and use souleater, then yeah, it gets about that high. Mostly Full Black armor + food + Absorb-STR + ABsorb-VIT + Souleater can do wonders.

Ok, now I can believe the Vorpals.

And maybe you DO need to learn to be coherent, because I said you'd be sucking up the healer's MP to drive your vorpals to be 1500 consistently. If you're going to even try to be an ***, you'd better understand what you're arguing. I don't give a *** about you soloing, and this thread was originally about /nin for partying as far as I could tell, due to the OP asking about which is better for WS: Sword or Axe. Since WS doesn't hardly matter while you're by yourself, what do you think, genius?

Seriously, I could be a lot worse. I've been pulling punches with you, just because I realized we agree on something, but damn. Is English not your first language? If so I can just drop this and chalk it up due to not grasping the language fully.
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-18 12:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Rumaha said:
/thf and GSD is for Gods and HNM, because Ground Strike is hax as ***vs high mobs. Situational ***is situational, we already put up options for him to DW cuz he plays how he wants. /endthread

Edit**

Raenryong said:

Moliones and Perdu both handily defeat Tredecim if you have a Rajas Ring.

And this. Went from DWing to people talking of 2hand weapons, I believe this has just turned into one big derail.
Incoming mass post deletion!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-18 12:21:17
Link | Citer | R

I've seen Raenryong, not quite a loldrk, and Shikikoyo says hi2u on that TP gain, id rather put out a SA 200%~TP GS every 1 min till Shiki's run out and by then, god is dead or close to it ^^

If you don't cap GSD, honestly, you are gimping urself by not having everything at ur disposal, since you do have A- skill.

Situational~
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-18 12:28:58

What do you mean "until shiki's run out"? Are you talking about like 4 other SAM's using Shiki on you for your TP gain? Your comment confuses me greatly. As a SAM, I can make just as much if not more use of my TP over 100% than you can, especially if Sekkanoki is up, so... I'm really just confused as hell by what you mean.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-18 12:32:52
Link | Citer | R

Vincevalentine said:
What do you mean "until shiki's run out"? Are you talking about like 4 other SAM's using Shiki on you for your TP gain? Your comment confuses me greatly. As a SAM, I can make just as much if not more use of my TP over 100% than you can, especially if Sekkanoki is up, so... I'm really just confused as hell by what you mean.

Yea, just 1~2 other SAMs using it on you, use it, meditate back ~180 and sekka, I mean it depends on what GKT you using, cuz Hagun you only need 200%, so let someone else have it :x, I only use Shiki if I have medi up, otherwise F u thats my TP >.>, I'm not saying do it, but its there :o

Edit**

Or, a bunch of SAMs w/ like 140TP Shiki you :o

Edit2**

I am not saying do this, I'm just saying it exists lol, I like my TP and don't wanna give it away like that <.<
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-18 12:34:37

Well hell, I'll rarely have over 200%, but when I do, I make sure it gets to 300% due to Gekko closing out the self-dark at 200% TP making it a full 300% WS. It's not a bad thing to share, but I'm one greedy mofo.
 Bahamut.Raelia
By Bahamut.Raelia 2009-09-18 12:34:54
Link | Citer | R

I don't give most SAMs that much credit for being versatile with their excess TP.

One of those 'great on paper, if people weren't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE' deals. You know.. like skillchains?
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-18 12:35:30
Link | Citer | R

Vincevalentine said:
Well hell, I'll rarely have over 200%, but when I do, I make sure it gets to 300% due to Gekko closing out the self-dark at 200% TP making it a full 300% WS. It's not a bad thing to share, but I'm one greedy mofo.

Indeed on the Sekka note for closing 200%, and I am greedy with my TP too :x
 Fenrir.Omnitank
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-09-18 12:38:26
Link | Citer | R

My GF nick name is Dream Crusher, I should call her over.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-18 12:38:35
Link | Citer | R

Raelia said:
I don't give most SAMs that much credit for being versatile with their excess TP.

One of those 'great on paper, if people weren't HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE' deals. You know.. like skillchains?

Our "excess" tp is literally more DMG, "DMG Varies with TP" so, I put my extra to use :x,

I actually form mutli lvl 3 SCs when I find ppl who are willing to coordinate on like Nyzul bosses and ***, do like 3~ lights w/ a WAR and ***.

start w/ 300% TP, war gets TP, Sekka Yuki >> RR Frag >> Shiki >> Kasha Light, Kings justice >> Kasha Light, then 2hr light, people don't try enough :/

Edit**

I didn't know WAR had KJ till she used it, but I still woulda done what I did, cuz closing 3 step light is beast, and RR still does good dmg.

But srsly, Main hand axe cuz Rampage is fun if ur gnna DW, but keep everything capped if u can.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-18 12:39:11
Link | Citer | R

2nd time, return back to topic. This is about drk not sam.
user:
By Pandemonium.Vincevalentine 2009-09-18 12:43:29

Eh, I see the topic as dead. It's been beaten into the ground, and if the OP hasn't found his answer by now, there's more wrong than just his subjob choices.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-18 12:46:12
Link | Citer | R

Rayik said:
Vincevalentine said:
Rayik said:
Read my post again, I said in basiaclly ANY activity where you are with other ppl, USE A 2H WEAPON! I'm not trying to say DW is better, nobody even gave me a chance to explain.

=P

huh?

Rayik said:
I'm a career DRK 75 and I use /nin for a lot of situations. I am personally a big fan of DW and have scored some decent numbers with a pair of swords, and not even near skill capped. I regulary {Vorpal Blade} for over 1500 dmg. The problem being, as mentioned above, by hitting so many more times you are feeding the mob TP.

I say, it's your money, as long as other's lives arent on the line, sub whatever the hell you want. I go /nin for soloing almost exclusively these days, and I live a lot longer. For PT/EXP/Merit, however, you gotta go with a 2H wep, Scythe, Gs, whatever. I know from experience that it doesn't matter how good your dmg is, your parsing, ANYTHING like that, ppl will adhere to their old notions and complain about your setup. I've outdamaged SAM in a pt while DW swords, and yet the PT still bitched.

again... huh?

edit: ok, had to reread... lack of sleep. sorry continue!