Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » GEO observations
GEO observations
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-16 09:16:35
Link | Citer | R

Any thoughts to the best combination of buffs and debuffs to help in delve farming? My thoughts have been eva down + def down or eva down and acc or dex up. Basically helping with heals and support of melee dmg pretty much. Anything that stands out as a must use?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2013-05-16 09:22:34
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Enuyasha 2013-05-16 09:24:02
Link | Citer | R

kenshynofshiva said: »
Any thoughts to the best combination of buffs and debuffs to help in delve farming? My thoughts have been eva down + def down or eva down and acc or dex up. Basically helping with heals and support of melee dmg pretty much. Anything that stands out as a must use?
Would think DEF down and ACC+ would help more than anything :<
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-16 09:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
kenshynofshiva said: »
Would think DEF down and ACC+ would help more than anything :<

Yeah part of me was thinking eva dwn and acc up and use double marches on my bard just not sure how much do we get out of the geo buffs now. It was a percentage but didn't seem that great. With our party full of mnks dex up could be a big boon combined with boost dex over acc up.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-05-16 23:07:49
Link | Citer | R

Do the debuffs work if anyone in your party/ally has hate and you just /heal for a second for resting enmity? And with that in mind will they work if you cure a DD who has hate?
 Phoenix.Tsuekasa
user: Zantherr
By Phoenix.Tsuekasa 2013-05-18 23:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Does the Geo and Indi spells stack with eachother on effects or you better off doing Indi one spell and Geo another spell?
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-05-18 23:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Do the debuffs work if anyone in your party/ally has hate and you just /heal for a second for resting enmity? And with that in mind will they work if you cure a DD who has hate?

You have to take some action yourself. Both of the things you suggested would work. Also, though this seems obvious, casting the geo-debuff on the target gets you hate as well.

Phoenix.Tsuekasa said: »
Does the Geo and Indi spells stack with each other on effects or you better off doing Indi one spell and Geo another spell?

The same buff of geo- and indi- dont stack with each other (ie: geo-acc+ combined with indi-acc+ does not stack). However, separate buffs (ie: geo-atk+ & indi-acc+) do stack. I imagine separate debuffs would stack similarly.
 Phoenix.Tsuekasa
user: Zantherr
By Phoenix.Tsuekasa 2013-05-19 00:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Ah ok, almost had a good feeling it was that way. Just wanted to make sure.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-19 01:44:28
Link | Citer | R

So casting def down on top of a drg or war ammo could give you 40% down on a NM?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-22 11:58:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
So casting def down on top of a drg or war ammo could give you 40% down on a NM?

Pretty much most GEO's I see are using def down and eva down a nice combo.
 Bismarck.Aselin
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-05-23 14:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Well, I picked up GEO a few days ago and currently level 28 and I'm really enjoying this job. It's been doing pretty decently solo-wise. That's probably because a lot of my skills are capped at level 28 thanks to my level 99 jobs. It feels like a cross between a BRD (support/buffing/debuffing) and a BLM (debuffing/nuking). It exceeds at neither roles but fits between them like a glove.

I have noticed a few things on this job:
  • GEO needs an Auto-Refresh and/or Conserve MP trait. I have started to notice the large MP consumption that was mentioned a few pages back.

• Ecliptic Attrition actually affects Geo-Regen though not significantly. I have noticed an extra tic out of the spell. I wonder now if it affects Geo-Refresh later on.

I'm going to actually try to see how far I can take it solo instead of trying to rush to level 99 through Abyssea like all the "youngin's nowadays". I'm too old-fashioned, I'd rather learn more about the job and keep my skills close to cap as I level-- like the old days.

I was thinking that the merits that the job might get would probably be along the lines of:
  • Geomancy spells magic potency

• Geomancy spells magic accuracy

• Ecliptic Attrition recast time

• Other recast timer reduction merits

• Extend the HP or decrease the HP depletion rate of the Luopan

• Increase Luopan potency

• Tier IV -ra spells

• Magic attack and accuracy bonus to elemental -ra spells that ignores direction casted

• Increased radius of Luopan and Geomancy buffing spells.

I would hope GEO have the possible updates, adjustments and/or additions:
  • Ability to cast Luopan on any player.

• Ability to call and recall Luopan at will.

• An Auto-Refresh and/or Conserve MP trait would be great.

• Tier III -ra spells

• Ability to cast two Luopans whether questable to enable it or added in an update. Each Luopan would have unique modes for them-- one for debuffing and the other for support.

• Newer Indi- and Geo- spells.

• Movement speed Geomancy Indi- spell like Mazurka for BRD. As long as you're near the Geomancer, you gain increased movement speed.

• Increased casting range for -ra spells.

I would really like to see some of the later Indi- spells drop off monsters level 60 and higher. As I see it, I'm going to need at least 4 million Gil to get the level 70+ Indi- spells. That's not including the Tier II -ra spells. Ugh... And, I'm sitting at 450,000 Gil as we speak.

Edit: Added Genesi's suggestion.
 Fenrir.Genesi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-05-23 15:02:15
Link | Citer | R

Touching on the merit ideas, Geomancy spells don't need magic accuracy as all of the spells can't be resisted. I do like the other ideas you have for merits though. One other merit category that I catch myself uttering under my breath the most every time I take GEO to delve would be to increase the radius of the your luopan by x amount. Being in delve, melees won't ever take the mob to the luopan. If the luopans were bigger it would help alleviate this problem a little. I mostly find that GEO is a job for fighting NMs and not a job for roam killing. The thing about adding an extra luopan is that it would require too much coding to fix the JAs that are luopan specific unless they just allow the JAs to buff both luopans at the same time, then again, that could lead to undesirable outcomes and I don't see SE doing that. Me, personally, I think it's needed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-05-23 15:20:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Genesi said: »
Touching on the merit ideas, Geomancy spells don't need magic accuracy as all of the spells can't be resisted. I do like the other ideas you have for merits though. One other merit category that I catch myself uttering under my breath the most every time I take GEO to delve would be to increase the radius of the your luopan by x amount. Being in delve, melees won't ever take the mob to the luopan. If the luopans were bigger it would help alleviate this problem a little. I mostly find that GEO is a job for fighting NMs and not a job for roam killing. The thing about adding an extra luopan is that it would require too much coding to fix the JAs that are luopan specific unless they just allow the JAs to buff both luopans at the same time, then again, that could lead to undesirable outcomes and I don't see SE doing that. Me, personally, I think it's needed.

Definitely increased radius for the Luopan and most likely the buffing Geomancy spells. It'd be like the issue with CORs and melees not in range of the Rolls. There's Luzaf's ring but Geomancer doesn't have that option. BRDs have stringed instruments and that range is pretty damn long and wide. It'd be nice if GEOs got a merit like "Increased Luopan range of influence", each merit adds 1 or 2 extra yalms to the radius.

I agree, this job is definitely not for roaming but for NMs that stand still for long durations during the fight. Once I get to level 60, I'm going to try it in a BCNM or KSNM with a few friends and see how it does. This job may even come in handy with some of the Delve/Reive NMs. (I'm sure it wouldn't work for Tax'et or other boss NMs that become pissy or annoying, or change when they're debuffed. That's unless Geomancy debuffs aren't considered enfeebling spells.)
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-23 15:34:05
Link | Citer | R

Just give me my damn regain already and it better be more than 1 tick and not cost all of my mp >.>....
 Fenrir.Genesi
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-05-23 15:48:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Aselin said: »

Definitely increased radius for the Luopan and most likely the buffing Geomancy spells. It'd be like the issue with CORs and melees not in range of the Rolls. There's Luzaf's ring but Geomancer doesn't have that option. BRDs have stringed instruments and that range is pretty damn long and wide. It'd be nice if GEOs got a merit like "Increased Luopan range of influence", each merit adds 1 or 2 extra yalms to the radius.

I agree, this job is definitely not for roaming but for NMs that stand still for long durations during the fight. Once I get to level 60, I'm going to try it in a BCNM or KSNM with a few friends and see how it does. This job may even come in handy with some of the Delve/Reive NMs. (I'm sure it wouldn't work for Tax'et or other boss NMs that become pissy or annoying, or change when they're debuffed. That's unless Geomancy debuffs aren't considered enfeebling spells.)

That's another thing that makes GEO a really valuable job for NM fights. GEO spells can't be resisted, and GEO spells can't be removed due to JAs/spells. I actually took GEO to Tax'et and it worked wonders. Exuviation can't remove the GEO's debuff, so Exuviation doesn't get used, unless of course, somebody else threw some debuffs on him. After the 20 Exuviations, GEO was the only job that could beneficially debuff Tax'et. When it came time to zerg him, I just popped Def Down (Geo) and Eva Down (Indi) on him and that was game.

Also, Ecliptic Attrition and Blaze of Glory does enhance Geo-Regen/Refresh. I don't have the numbers on me, but, Regen caps at 30hp/tic and Refresh caps at 5mp/tic before using those JAs. After using them, I think regen jumped up to 42 and refresh jumped to 6 or 7. I will test this when I get home later and post my findings on here.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-05-23 15:57:12
Link | Citer | R

I have noticed a few things on this job:
  • GEO needs an Auto-Refresh and/or Conserve MP trait. I have started to notice the large MP consumption that was mentioned a few pages back.

Geo does get Conserve MP, but some of the MP costs are a bit high.

I would really like to see some of the later Indi- spells drop off monsters level 60 and higher. As I see it, I'm going to need at least 4 million Gil to get the level 70+ Indi- spells. That's not including the Tier II -ra spells. Ugh... And, I'm sitting at 450,000 Gil as we speak.

Watch the Auction House like a hawk. With the spells dropping from newer content I was able to pick up stonera II for 10k, and quite a few of the higher lvl spells for 50-100k. A word of caution though if you plan on buying spells lower than lvl 70 this way, make sure you know what the npc sells the spell for. Foil is going for 100k at the AH here while the npc sells it somewhere in the 80-90k range.

As for the merit ideas, I like pretty much all of those said so far. I would like to see geo adjusted a bit in order to get a few more spells natively ala giving sch stoneskin natively, to give them some more crowd control and sub job flexibility.

Edit: Is it too early for a geo guide? I've been a bit bored lately so I started a draft but I'm nowhere near happy with it.
 Bismarck.Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-05-23 16:15:47
Link | Citer | R

That's another thing that makes GEO a really valuable job for NM fights. GEO spells can't be resisted, and GEO spells can't be removed due to JAs/spells. I actually took GEO to Tax'et and it worked wonders. Exuviation can't remove the GEO's debuff, so Exuviation doesn't get used, unless of course, somebody else threw some debuffs on him. After the 20 Exuviations, GEO was the only job that could beneficially debuff Tax'et. When it came time to zerg him, I just popped Def Down (Geo) and Eva Down (Indi) on him and that was game.

Nice! Thanks for the info. It's good to know that GEO's debuffs won't screw up that fight.

Other than Geomancy, is there any other stats or skills that affect Geo- or Indi- spell potency and damage? And, what does Handbell affect? Magic accuracy?
 Fenrir.Genesi
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-05-23 16:25:32
Link | Citer | R

Spell potency is determined through the cumulative skill level of Geomancy and Handbell which is then placed in a formula depending on the spell to determine potency for that spell. If you cast a spell without a handbell equipped you are looking at about a 50% reduction in the spell potency. With GEO as a subjob, this puts spell potency at roughly 25% of what a GEO main with a handbell equiped can do.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-25 08:30:02
Link | Citer | R

does pet PDT affect luopans? I remember reading people mention it, but don't recall the conclusions
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2013-05-25 08:47:24
Link | Citer | R

Nope.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-25 08:51:55
Link | Citer | R

CHECK YOUR MESSAGES
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-25 09:23:24
Link | Citer | R

cool, thanks
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-27 07:09:17
Link | Citer | R

Does Indi/Geo-Precision affect ranged acc? Can't find any testing on it, but its mentioned as a potential strat on the delve thread on BG.

last bump before I go do annoying ranged attack sample size tests :/
 Asura.Aikchan
Serveur: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-05-27 07:33:52
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Does Indi/Geo-Precision affect ranged acc? Can't find any testing on it, but its mentioned as a potential strat on the delve thread on BG.
"Should" affect RAcc, coz for ex. Madrigal Says Melee Acc, but Hunter's Roll specify both...
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-28 12:16:59
Link | Citer | R

anyone else able to testify about rnged acc on precision?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-29 02:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Okipuit;438623 said:

Quetzacoatl said:
Implementation of Clear Mind as a Job Trait should also be added to GEO.

We will be implementing this!

Alhanelem said:
Honestly my main issue right now is just the long cast time and high MP cost of geocolure spells (luopans). I would not be bothered that much having to dispel them and summon them again if the party moves, but the fact that it takes so long and takes a huge amount of MP for the debuffs makes usage of the job very difficult in events where parties move around a lot.

Geo-spell casting times are currently being looked into. While it won't be through a fast cast job trait, spell casting time will be reduced further through abilities, gear, or other methods.

Since Geo-spells consume a lot of MP, we will be easing up on the HP loss for luopons, and making it possible for the user to give it HP. We'll also be making it possible to reduce the cool downs on Life Cycle and Lasting Emanation via merit points. Also, we're enhancing the conserve MP trait to increase the frequency it activates.

That's some good stuff to see. I'm still curious as to how they'll flesh out its buffing capabilities though.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-05-29 14:56:08
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Greetings geomancers!

To get a little more specific and build on what Okipuit mentioned previously, in the next version update we will be performing the below adjustments to geomancer in addition to adding a merit point category.
Shortening of the casting time for geomancy spells (indi and geo)
Addition of the job trait “Clear Mind”
Addition of the job trait “Max MP Boost”
Adjustment to the level in which the “Conserve MP” job trait is learned
Addition of the spells “Sleep” and “Sleep II”
*To go along with the addition of Sleep and Sleep II enfeebling skill will also be added.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/33579-Suggestions-for-improvements-to-Geomancer?p=439962&viewfull=1#post439962

It's a start nice especially sleep...
By Enuyasha 2013-05-29 15:13:32
Link | Citer | R

oh dear god, casting time- yes!!

I hope the AF/Relic/Empyrean gear gives a nice boost to potency after all that :<
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-29 15:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Addition of the spells “Sleep” and “Sleep II”
*To go along with the addition of Sleep and Sleep II enfeebling skill will also be added.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/33579-Suggestions-for-improvements-to-Geomancer?p=439962&viewfull=1#post439962

Seriously, I don't know how SE thought excluding them from Enfeebling was a good idea. I think I'm reconsidering 8/8 Enfeebling again now that this was announced, and holy ***the enfeebling options it can get now
By Eijii 2013-05-29 15:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it was mentioned but there is a way to see how often your debuff procs for GEO. I found out when I had a loupan on a mob and there was a dancer in party and everytime the debuff proced I got the haste samba effect. The procs were rly nice and constant.. at least on the Gnat NM. If it's old news just ignore :)
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16