Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 188 189 190
By Homsar 2020-05-29 03:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Looking to take up RUN, is Epeolatry still the best weapon to get?
 Asura.Veikur
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-29 03:12:40
Link | Citer | R

For tanking/hybrid? Absolutely.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
By Pixeldreams 2020-07-05 18:32:26
Link | Citer | R

Hey all, this guide has been invaluable as a returning player / new RUN!

I was wondering how up to date this is, i've been spotting bits of gear that i think 'huh why isnt that on there?'.

Thanks!
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-07-05 18:43:08
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54783/destinys-device-a-newupdated-rune-fencer-guide

Try this one.
By Pixeldreams 2020-07-06 13:22:33
Link | Citer | R

That's awesome, tyvm!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [158 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Hecky
Serveur: Odin
user: Hecky
By Odin.Hecky 2020-12-11 05:56:55
Link | Citer | R

I have been gearing run for a while, wanting to try it out. I spent hours reading and im starting to see the rotations. But id love some input on WS sets where i dont lose to much HP when swaping gear but would still be semi viable for damage
By Taint 2020-12-11 07:42:14
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hecky said: »
I have been gearing run for a while, wanting to try it out. I spent hours reading and im starting to see the rotations. But id love some input on WS sets where i dont lose to much HP when swaping gear but would still be semi viable for damage

I'm not at my gaming PC to pull my sets but Relic+3 is great for RUN WSs while tanking.

You are on the right path with your thoughts. I have toggles in my GS that keep my max HP at 3000+ no matter what I do.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [207 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Vikter
Serveur: Odin
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2021-07-06 18:04:11
Link | Citer | R

has anyone gone full agwu for a precast FC set yet? does it drop hp significantly or does it keep it within a good range?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-06 20:17:34
Link | Citer | R

I don't know what you using right not for precast but Agwu's set is not very high in HP. Should compare to what you now.

The only piece I personally would use is legs when its ranked up.

Edit:
Rune. Bandeau +3 +109 HP vs Agwu's 38HP
Adhemar Jacket +1 HP+168 vs Agwu's 61 HP
Leyline Gloves +25 HP vs Agwu's 38 HP
Aya. Cosciales +2 +45HP vs Agwu's 50HP
Carmine Greaves +1 +95HP vs Agwu's 27 HP
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2021-08-13 13:18:04
Link | Citer | R

What's the best use for DM augments for Run?
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2021-08-13 13:25:15
Link | Citer | R

get that Phalanx+

once you have nyame that's like the only decent use for DM anymore I feel :P

EDIT: if you don't have auged nyame gear yet going for wsd 6-10 on a couple pieces isn't a terrible idea either.
By SimonSes 2021-08-13 14:24:55
Link | Citer | R

You can in theory still beat nyame, especially for magic WS. The problem could be lower macc tho.
By gargurty 2021-08-17 06:33:38
Link | Citer | R

any reason to buy the su5 morgelei for run? Maybe with path c?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-17 10:26:23
Link | Citer | R

I have a path C, the regen received is really nice for odyssey pre-buffing if you tank that a lot. Vivacious Pulse + is really nice if you are low on MP for but less useful in some ways.

Path B I think is the only for RUN to cap Subtle Blow but I could be over looking something.
By Crossbones 2021-08-17 10:47:46
Link | Citer | R

If you have nothing else to spend money on. I would imagine rping it in combat and having it on over epeo would be a bit painful though, which is one of the reasons I haven't bothered with it yet.
 Bahamut.Aldy
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2021-08-17 11:45:16
Link | Citer | R

I had absolutely no issues ranking up my Morgelai while pulling and tanking w1 & 2. I think maybe on some bigger Jeuno links I swapped back to Epeo until mobs are slept and under control, but then back to RPing Morgelai.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-17 11:55:57
Link | Citer | R

If anything RP it up was easier then other weapons on DD jobs
 Bahamut.Aldy
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2021-08-17 12:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Hell, I ranked up my Crocea as a RDM/BLU tank(we've generally always low-man farmed waves 1 and 2) and it was kinda stupid easy. Not having Epeo is probably lesser of a deal than you remember from starting out as a tank in Dyna.
By Crossbones 2021-08-17 13:57:56
Link | Citer | R

We basically skip all of wave 1 and mostly farm wave 2 (bosses) / 3 (most of the time even full clear wave 3). Going from epeo to no epeo getting hit for 100 damage you get hit for 25 vs 50 which is half. Not saying it's gonna be impossible just gonna be annoying (I also gotta multi box too) and usually I'm the only tank so don't want any mishaps. Crocea was stupid easy to rank up, probably the easiest weapon I've done. THF Su5 path C wasn't great, however (good with AE I guess).
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-08-17 14:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Have you ever watched this entire video. It tells a story.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Oh ***. Someone wants to talk to me.
By Vaerix 2021-08-17 15:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
I have a path C, the regen received is really nice for odyssey pre-buffing if you tank that a lot. Vivacious Pulse + is really nice if you are low on MP for but less useful in some ways.

Path B I think is the only for RUN to cap Subtle Blow but I could be over looking something.

So I tested this, burnt all my mp in rabao, and swapped between epeo and morgelai (mines only Rank 20). I believe every single pulse was 196 mp return. I'll double check after this and correct number if incorrect.

The hp gain from morgelai is noticeable, however morgelai has no effect on mp gain from tenebrae runes, which is the entire reason I wanted morg. Just saying this so people don't buy for an effect that doesn't work. You still gain bonus HP from morg with tenebrae runes but 0 change to mp gained.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-17 16:55:59
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »

So I tested this, burnt all my mp in rabao, and swapped between epeo and morgelai (mines only Rank 20). I believe every single pulse was 196 mp return. I'll double check after this and correct number if incorrect.

The hp gain from morgelai is noticeable, however morgelai has no effect on mp gain from tenebrae runes, which is the entire reason I wanted morg. Just saying this so people don't buy for an effect that doesn't work. You still gain bonus HP from morg with tenebrae runes but 0 change to mp gained.

You sure about it having no effect on MP gained from Tenebrae? I tested it at R25 weeks ago and saw a significant boost to my MP gain.

On the subject of RPing a Morgelai while tanking, it's honestly not that bad on Waves 1 & 2. Wave 3 can be dicey in my experience. I'll say this much, missing the 23 Enmity from Epeo hurt more than the damage I was taking...
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-17 17:03:47
Link | Citer | R

I have seen a boost, but I am unable to test right now, will try to find time later tonight.

Edit: I am wrong about boost to MP.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-17 17:30:57
Link | Citer | R

I have seen a boost, but I am unable to test right now, will try to find time later tonight.
Was aimed at Vaerix but more testing from others is welcome. :)
By Vaerix 2021-08-17 21:41:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Vaerix said: »

You sure about it having no effect on MP gained from Tenebrae? I tested it at R25 weeks ago and saw a significant boost to my MP gain.

Yes just tested again, R20 morg, 196 mp return with 3 tenebrae. Epeo with 3 tenebrae, 196 mp return. The only increase is HP return from morgelai.

EDIT: Testing was done naked switching only from morgelai to epeolatry. Divine skill can increase mp gain I did it naked to show the sword itself has no effect on mp gained. Idk if the sword will function as a boost to the divine magic side of things but as of right now until someone can prove otherwise I stand by my statement.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-08-17 22:54:28
Link | Citer | R

Just tested naked and you sir are correct, my mistake.

Edit: Added References to BG wiki
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-18 08:01:15
Link | Citer | R

My mistake as well. My bad.

Just checked with my full set on. Vivacious with triple Tenebrae runes returned 220 MP in both cases with Epeolatry & Morgelai on.

Not sure how I got that mixed up. So double confirmation Morgelai doesn't increase MP gain on Tenebrae runes.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-09-04 08:25:16
Link | Citer | R

Curious what people are using for SIRD. I can't think of any improvements to make on my set, but I wouldn't mind being wrong. I don't have SIRD merits.

Taeon is HP+50, M.Eva+20, SIRD 10%
Cape is HP+80, M.Eva+20, Enmity+10, SIRD 10%
Carmine path A
ItemSet 378793

This puts me at:
101% SIRD (1 below cap unfortunately, but I almost never get interrupted still)
3059 HP
61% PDT

I'd like to add in more PDT if possible, but I can't see anything to swap unless I merit SIRD.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-04 08:47:07
Link | Citer | R

Maybe swapping the cape to PDT, together with both earring to magnetic and halaz and gloves to Regal, resulting and about same HP, +10 PDT and -2 SID.

Agwus Cap instead of Taeon for more defensive stats and investing on SID on Herculean boots during DM campaign, that will come with extra 2 PDT natively.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-09-04 10:46:40
Link | Citer | R

5/5 your Spell Interruption merits and you only need 92%. People overlook this often
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 188 189 190