Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 167 168 169 ... 188 189 190
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-04 07:11:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
But M.eva and Shell also count towards Breath damage cap so you're pretty much capped anyway.
Shell doesn't work on breath damage, and resists via meva do not contribute to any of the DT caps.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-04 07:29:09
Link | Citer | R

In case you have an old one lying around don't survey that abyssea dark rings mdt is unique as it works as bdt too.

So for instance if you have a ring like this:
Pdt -6%
Mdt -5%
Bdy -4‰

The real stats are gonna be
Pdt -6, mdt -5, bdt -9.

Sadly dark rings have that hp -20 such isn't exactly ideal when taking, especially if you compare it to a moonlight ring.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-04 11:34:57
Link | Citer | R

As an addendum to Sechs' post, every piece of MDT augmented gear that's been tested has also functioned as BDT. So this seems to be a feature(glitch) for MDT augments in general rather than something specific to Dark rings.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-04 12:58:12
Link | Citer | R

My bad on half of that. I was tired, typed this around 5am so i didn't make sense in half of it.

M.eva doesn't count towards cap, but it definitely has an effect on breath damage as you can easily test by having a run and pld stand side by side together and both having 50 bdt/dt on and the pld will take more damage due to less meva.

I read somewhere that shell did count towards breath since breath is technically stil classed as magical, but i am too lazy to bother testing or even searching up lol.
If its not helpful against breath, apologies on that one.
By oyama 2019-10-04 13:09:15
Link | Citer | R

It's well established that Shell strictly applies MDT, and has no effect on BDT.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-10 09:13:03
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Silly question, but how many statues+add from dyna div can you super tank without a dedicated healer?

Personally i think, even on my tank set and phalanx, i still take more dmg than i would like, and if i get others statue adds, its quite hard to survive.

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-10 11:39:25
Link | Citer | R

When I tanked Dyna I would generally pull 4-6 and just funnel in a corner, the damage from fodder mobs was pretty much next to nothing and turms hands healed everything.

If it was an RP farm and we were trying to pull and clear as fast ad as possible, then I would maintain 4 statues and just stay in a max idle set.

A simple Regen was enough the majority of the time, but sometimee depending on the adds, you'd need a bit of a cure to keep up with that many statues at once.
Once statues die, it's pretty much impossible to die.
By Fayona 2019-10-10 11:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, we always have either a cor or a blm one shot the statues. So I’ve never had to worry about statues. And why wouldn’t the tank have a dedicated healer?
[+]
By AsAller 2019-11-02 13:59:00
Link | Citer | R

What would be a good 2-3 sets for bringing a retired RUN out of retirement to get started on CP?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-02 14:06:36
Link | Citer | R

Depends on which type of cp.

Magic burst party:
Tp set, ground strike set. Dt set.

Tp burn:
Tp set, ws set and dt set.

Cleave party:
Idle dt set l and phalanx set.
By AsAller 2019-11-02 14:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Why do you use DT vs phalanx when cleaving?

Anywhere I can find updated sets?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-02 14:29:02
Link | Citer | R

So you use DT sets incase of emergencies tbh, in TP/Mana burn parties anyway. Sometimes I've had some bad healers so they help.

Phalanx set for cleaving so you can pull like 15+ mobs at once and only take like 10-20 damage per mob opposed to taking 50-60+.
I will edit this section with my sets and point out easy changes you can make.

I tried to make the Idle DT set as newer player friendly just because I'm not sure how much gil is accesible, if you can get HQ stuff yet, but there are alternatives either way. Lemme know.

This is an Idle DT set which could be used as DT set as well:
Code
	sets.idle.HPDT = {
		ammo="Staunch Tathlum",
		head="Fu. Bandeau +1",
		body="Futhark Coat +1",
		hands="Kurys Gloves",
		legs="Eri. Leg Guards +1",
		feet="Erilaz Greaves +1",
		neck="Loricate Torque +1",
		waist="Flume Belt",
		left_ear="Etiolation Earring",
		right_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
		left_ring="Defending Ring",
		right_ring="Gelatinous Ring +1",
	        back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

My Phalanx set:
Change herculean for Taeon which is obtained from Alluvion Skirmish.
ItemSet 368747
By AsAller 2019-11-02 16:06:22
Link | Citer | R

so the +phalanx just makes the spell better, and is only on for casting?

Thanks! I know this will help. Just need to take a look at what I have. I can manage the herculean gear, not sure how difficult phalanx augments are? dark matter only?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-11-02 16:13:02
Link | Citer | R

AsAller said: »
so the +phalanx just makes the spell better, and is only on for casting?

Thanks! I know this will help. Just need to take a look at what I have. I can manage the herculean gear, not sure how difficult phalanx augments are? dark matter only?

Yeah, for gaining Phalanx potency+, it has to be worn midcast by the time the spell is cast on you. Same thing if receiving Phalanx from someone who is using Accession Phalanx or a RDM casting Phalanx II on you.
Phalanx+ augments on Reisenjima armor only comes from Dark Matter, but there will be free DM augment campaign coming Friday 8th. Phalanx from DM can be possible max +5 Phalanx received. on Alluvion Skirmish armor, Taeon can get up to +3 phalanx with Duskdim Stones
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-11-02 17:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Not worth but if you have 1$ mules with reisen access you can send augmented gear to same account for another additional chance.

Phalanx+ gear is extremelly rare to pop. Even more rare anything better than what taeon already offer

Talking about phalanx, the other day i was wondering if i have a RDM in party to cast phalanx II on you. With embolden up and enhancing duration from RDM maybe almost enough to have an almost double potency phalanx full time, that would be awesome for supertanking
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-02 17:16:11
Link | Citer | R

It does.
I have an idle Phalanx set when a RDM is present I get them to give me Phalanx II. Same potency, triple/quadruple duration.
By AsAller 2019-11-02 20:07:44
Link | Citer | R

Is there a reason the phalanx sets use taeon feet, instead of Herc?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-02 20:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Skirmish aug is easier to get, it would be herc if they got the 5 from DM
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-02 20:27:43
Link | Citer | R

I don't have Herculean feet with Phalanx augments. my RNG isn't there.
I used my exact Phalanx set since I couldn't remember names of Taeon armour lol, I forgot about wiki.

I wouldn't recommend going for Phalanx augments. I'm 1 Billion gil down and 3 years worth of DM campaigns for 3 pieces of herculean Phalanx. It's really not worth it.
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-11-11 18:23:49
Link | Citer | R

How to shell out more damage on my run, Biggest upgrades?
DPS Focused.
Code
sets.engaged = {ammo="Ginsen",
    head={ name="Dampening Tam", augments={'DEX+9','Accuracy+13','Mag. Acc.+14','Quadruple Attack +2',}},
    body="Ayanmo Corazza +2",
    hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+21','"Triple Atk."+4','Attack+11',}},
    legs={ name="Samnuha Tights", augments={'STR+8','DEX+9','"Dbl.Atk."+3','"Triple Atk."+2',}},
    feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Accuracy+29','"Triple Atk."+4','Attack+1',}},
    neck="Lissome Necklace",
    waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",
    left_ear="Cessance Earring",
    right_ear="Brutal Earring",
    left_ring="Epona's Ring",
    right_ring="Petrov Ring",
    back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},}

Hybrid focused.
Code
ammo="Ginsen",
    head={ name="Dampening Tam", augments={'DEX+9','Accuracy+13','Mag. Acc.+14','Quadruple Attack +2',}},
    body="Ayanmo Corazza +2",
    hands={ name="Adhemar Wristbands", augments={'DEX+10','AGI+10','Accuracy+15',}},
    legs="Meg. Chausses +2",
    feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Accuracy+29','"Triple Atk."+4','Attack+1',}},
    neck="Twilight Torque",
    waist="Ioskeha Belt",
    left_ear="Cessance Earring",
    right_ear="Brutal Earring",
    left_ring="Moonbeam Ring",
    right_ring="Defending Ring",
    back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}}

Only have Aettir, and Montante +1 atm.
By Fayona 2019-11-11 18:44:46
Link | Citer | R

The reality is, prior to obtaining a Lionheart, Rune deals very little damage. The difference in 5/5 Resolution Merits and Lionheart at either rank 0 or rank 15 is immense. Prior to obtaining Lion I had Bis Dps gear for rune with very good augs on gear and regardless of what weapon I was using my Resolution damage was always very minimal. Its hard to put into words just how much a difference the weapon makes. It allows rune to play an entirely different role within a party.

Unfortunately, all that is to say, its really not worth the effort prior to obtaining Lionheart to focus on your DPS. I'd focus on your Phalanx + sets your enmity sets and learn how to use /drk and /blu to maintain hate. You tank everything in the game without an EPEO except for Wave 3, in my opinion, because the mobs hit like a truck.

So I'd focus on using the tanking abilities in order to get yourself into a position where Lion is a reality. It is hard to describe just how much fun it is to tank and drop 65k resolutions with Lion.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-11 18:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Honestly I do have to disagree. I went in parse with Epeo in WoC.
We had SV Thunder carols x2 so stun was minor issue.
Before Bracelets I was spiking 60-70k resos on TA/QA procs. And average of 40k.
I beat Masa Sam and only lost to MS war.
Lionheart is not the only weapon for major Dpsing.

I R15'd Lionheart 8-9 months ago and regret my decision. Biggest waste of gil I've ever spent. With how fast I get TP in full buff scenarios, the TP bonus is negligable. The Resolution damage increase is minor when you get DA/TA/QA procs more often on Epeo.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-11-11 18:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, before Lionheart, I'd focus Dimidiation damage. Obviously Epeo is best for this, but I feel it's a lot easier to get some +DEX/WSD gear and toss out solid Dimi's. Resolution as an overall takes a lot to really get going, and Lionheart does a lot to get to where you need for it, so before that it's tough to get resolution to really pop.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-11-11 19:03:48
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much agree, whenever you arent getting solid buffs going dimi's a very strong and generally consistent WS to fall back on
By Fayona 2019-11-11 19:04:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Honestly I do have to disagree. I went in parse with Epeo in WoC.
We had SV Thunder carols x2 so stun was minor issue.
Before Bracelets I was spiking 60-70k resos on TA/QA procs. And average of 40k.
I beat Masa Sam and only lost to MS war.
Lionheart is not the only weapon for major Dpsing.

I R15'd Lionheart 8-9 months ago and regret my decision. Biggest waste of gil I've ever spent. With how fast I get TP in full buff scenarios, the TP bonus is negligable. The Resolution damage increase is minor when you get DA/TA/QA procs more often on Epeo.

To be fair, my Epeo is relatively new. I only got it a few weeks ago so I really haven't used it much comparatively. I honestly don't mind the expense of rank 15 lion, lion is far and away my favourite weapon in this game.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-11 19:11:54
Link | Citer | R

No joke, without hyperbole at all, I've used R15 Lionheart under 30 times in 8-9 months. I am perma rune for everything if this conveys how much I play and don't use the weapon.

Epeo isn't even far behind Lionheart for pure DPS. AM3 procs on WS is very underrated in comparison.
Not only is Epeo the best tank weapon, it can outperform Lionheart in majority of fights if AoE is an issue.
Lionheart obviously wins for highest dps possible, but I can guarantee it's not much ahead of Epeo with AM3 Reso spamming only.

Applying AM3 beforehand isn't normally an issue in Escha since temps exist, and applying AM3 isn't a DPS loss since 3k tp Dimi quite regularly hits 40-50k+ if capped attack.
[+]
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-11-11 19:46:29
Link | Citer | R

So option
1: Get epo
2:Get lion
others won't matter.
I was looking more on get Anu Torque,Knobkierrie, Sherida Earring etc.
Or possible ambuscade weapon?
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2019-11-11 19:59:49
Link | Citer | R

Reso
Code
sets.precast.WS = {ammo="Seeth. Bomblet +1",
    body="Meg. Cuirie +2",
    hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
    legs={ name="Samnuha Tights", augments={'STR+8','DEX+9','"Dbl.Atk."+3','"Triple Atk."+2',}},
    feet={ name="Lustratio Leggings", augments={'HP+50','STR+10','DEX+10',}},
    neck="Fotia Gorget",
    waist="Fotia Belt",
    left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    right_ear="Cessance Earring",
    left_ring="Epona's Ring",
    right_ring="Ifrit Ring +1",
    back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},}

Dim
Code
set_combine(sets.precast.WS,{head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Accuracy+10 Attack+10','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+8',}},
    body={ name="Adhemar Jacket", augments={'STR+10','DEX+10','Attack+15',}}, hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
    legs={ name="Lustratio Subligar", augments={'Accuracy+15','DEX+5','Crit. hit rate+2%',}}, feet={ name="Lustratio Leggings", augments={'HP+50','STR+10','DEX+10',}}, neck="Caro Necklace",
    waist="Grunfeld Rope", left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}}, right_ear="Cessance Earring", left_ring="Epona's Ring", right_ring="Ramuh Ring +1",})

Reso seems to avg better with trust 1.2k vs Dim 980-1k dps.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-11 21:32:48
Link | Citer | R

Use Multi-attack for Resolution, Weaponskill Damage + for Dimidiation.

Resolution set:
ammo="Seething Bomblet +1",
head="Adhemar Bonnet +1",
body={ name="Adhemar Jacket +1", augments={'STR+12','DEX+12','Attack+20',}},
hands={ name="Adhemar Wrist. +1", augments={'STR+12','DEX+12','Attack+20',}},
legs="Meg. Chausses +2",
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Attack+5','Crit.hit rate+1','Quadruple Attack +3','Accuracy+10 Attack+10','Mag. Acc.+5 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+5',}},
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Sherida Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

Dimidiation set:

sets.precast.WS['Dimidiation'] = {
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Accuracy+10 Attack+14','Weapon skill damage +4%','DEX+6','Accuracy+12',}},
body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Pet: DEX+5','"Dbl.Atk."+3','Weapon skill damage +7%','Accuracy+18 Attack+18','Mag. Acc.+2 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+2',}},
hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
legs={ name="Lustr. Subligar +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','DEX+8','Crit. hit rate+3%',}},
feet={ name="Lustra. Leggings +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','DEX+8','Crit. hit rate+3%',}},
neck="Caro Necklace",
waist="Grunfeld Rope",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}
First Page 2 3 ... 167 168 169 ... 188 189 190