Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 148 149 150 ... 188 189 190
By SimonSes 2018-09-21 03:14:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gerrott said: »
Don't want to spend days throwing stones at Oseem just for it to get patched back to first hit only..

This is exactly why I try to push my report of this bug/change. So we know for sure of SE intention and start gearing one way or another. Too bad not many ppl understand this and bash me for it.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-21 03:29:34
Link | Citer | R

Overwhelmed with trying to retool my Resolution set to heavier WSD, wish RUN had 10% WSD Relic/AF like DD jobs haha. My world is upside down, HQ Adhemar has so much att/str, how high of a wsd augment is worth swapping over? Have an 8% Herc Body, and like to keep my sets well rounded rather than gear for just ATT capped. Don't want to spend days throwing stones at Oseem just for it to get patched back to first hit only.. Besides Meg. Hands, WSD Ambu Cape, and Knob are there any other good non Herc options I'm overlooking?

I actually use 3 Lustratio+1's (head/body/feet) so that's WSD+6%
[+]
By aisukage 2018-09-21 04:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Overwhelmed with trying to retool my Resolution set to heavier WSD, wish RUN had 10% WSD Relic/AF like DD jobs haha. My world is upside down, HQ Adhemar has so much att/str, how high of a wsd augment is worth swapping over? Have an 8% Herc Body, and like to keep my sets well rounded rather than gear for just ATT capped. Don't want to spend days throwing stones at Oseem just for it to get patched back to first hit only.. Besides Meg. Hands, WSD Ambu Cape, and Knob are there any other good non Herc options I'm overlooking?

I actually use 3 Lustratio+1's (head/body/feet) so that's WSD+6%

I would do the same myself Since the WSD bug but i got lucky with DM a while back so i'm using Herc feet that got 10STR and 7%WSD small bit of acc and atk augmented on them a long time ago. I was using Lustratio feet+1 and head+1 with Adhemar body +1 before this bug though.

Since i have plenty of needles to spare i changed the cape to 10% WSD also to play with. Will change it back if need be.

Not going too crazy with WS sets, incase they do revert the WS's back only really messing with my RUN and DRK reso set for now.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-09-21 05:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
There ya go, I forgot that one.

Still, Taeon is near the top of your options on a piece where people are probably more focused on the Phalanx as their main priority anyway. Personally, I'm not really interested in spending HQ abj money on FC+1% - but if someone has an Adhemar Jacket +1 for that purpose, then I guess use your Taeon leaf slot for SIRD like Arislan mentioned.

HQ body is also best considering the HP+ which reduces the HP drop when tanking
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-21 05:44:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Still, Taeon is near the top of your options on a piece where people are probably more focused on the Phalanx as their main priority anyway. Personally, I'm not really interested in spending HQ abj money on FC+1% - but if someone has an Adhemar Jacket +1 for that purpose, then I guess use your Taeon leaf slot for SIRD like Arislan mentioned.

You need to be very rich and/or very dedicated to RUN in particular to justify spending 30m on the Jinxed Adhemar body to use it JUST as a precast piece.

With that said, I absolutely support what you said. It's awesome in terms of covering up HP lost from the other slots.
Alas I'm poor, still using an NQ for that purpose, replaced my Taeon.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-21 05:49:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

You need to be very rich and/or very dedicated to RUN in particular to justify spending 30m on the Jinxed Adhemar body to use it JUST as a precast piece.

With that said, I absolutely support what you said. It's awesome in terms of covering up HP lost from the other slots.
Alas I'm poor, still using an NQ for that purpose, replaced my Taeon.

Pfft, I got mine for my THF's precast set.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-24 17:23:05
Link | Citer | R

What is the best way/camp to solo CP on RUN starting from 0JP?

Also, for this purpose, once Su3 is reached, is the stuff needed to be efficient different? Only things I won't get for some time are Epeo/Lionheart/Reisenjima NMs stuff, everything else I either have it or can work on it as soon as now.
By Nariont 2018-09-24 17:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Some people might have a different experience but for me solo cp on run was miserable due to not having a real good multi-step as your only means of fusion comes from upheaval. Really reccomend bringing a 2nd dd to chain with, but then its obviously not solo.
By Staleyx 2018-09-24 17:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Also, for this purpose, once Su3 is reached, is the stuff needed to be efficient different? Only things I won't get for some time are Epeo/Lionheart/Reisenjima NMs stuff, everything else I either have it or can work on it as soon as now.

Join a linkshell where the runs are tired of playing run and tank for them. Do you need a shell?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-09-24 19:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

ItemSet 355627
If HQ isn't a current option I recommend using adhemar hands still, and herculean head/body with atleast TA +3 or Ayanmo body Great Sword of choice outside of Lionheart would probably be Montante +1 from lvl 135 UNM. DA +10 on cape.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-25 04:25:15
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 355627
If HQ isn't a current option I recommend using adhemar hands still, and herculean head/body with atleast TA +3 or Ayanmo body Great Sword of choice outside of Lionheart would probably be Montante +1 from lvl 135 UNM. DA +10 on cape.
Thanks for the rough idea.

Here is what I have right now:

ItemSet 361590

Samnuha are DA2 and TA1, working on getting better augments.
Yamarang, Cessance and Anu are being elusive, most likely won't get them anytime soon.

I also have a Bidenhander or two lying around if it matters.
How does Raetic +1 fares for when I reach Su3? I have one in stock.

I believe Eruca camp is best option?

Staleyx said: »
Quote:

Join a linkshell where the runs are tired of playing run and tank for them. Do you need a shell?
Very few RUNs around me, I mainly level it to have more tanking options. My current gear doesn't allow me to go to events yet, or at least I wouldn't force this on my LS.
By Nariont 2018-09-25 05:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Eruca will do alright, as for raetic itll do well though youll never have mp would just stick to montate+1/zulf if you have those, run needs atk more than acc generally in a solo situation
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-09-25 09:34:09
Link | Citer | R

I believe Eruca camp is best option?

I'd personally avoid anything that can put up def-boost/shell if soloing w/ trusts -- timely dispels are not guaranteed. Plus, RUN isn't so hot at making multi-steps SC -- without that Apex CP gets pretty inefficient.

I'd go into Reisenjima and find a target-rich camp and go that route. You should be able to kill almost everything there in 1-2 WS and rack up the chain bonuses. The Pixie camp near Sanctorum should be particularly good for a low-attack/high-meva job like RUN.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-25 10:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Fell Cleaving frogs tends to do reasonably well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-25 10:15:21
Link | Citer | R

Oh ***RUN can Fell Cleave? I don't think I have a GA for RUN unfortunately, all I have in stock is Brovura. I'd have to look it up, I've been cleaving frogs on PLD so that would be easy to setup.
By Nariont 2018-09-25 10:19:12
Link | Citer | R

There's not too many GA run can use, if you got a beheader that would be your best one til you can use hepatzion at SU2
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-09-25 10:22:48
Link | Citer | R

There's Arasy if you're already Su1.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-25 12:04:59
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, I'll check this out, Su1 shouldn't be difficult to get.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-09-26 07:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Jumping in late, but when I did solo CP, I found a combo of Iroha II/Arciela/Shantotto II would dp pretty good on most apex camps. As long as you can open for Iroha or Shantotto you should be fine, especially with the current gear you have.

edit: Agreed on Eruca, or if that's too out of the way go do Bats. Your physical damage won't really matter as long as your trusts SC's & MB's knock them down fast enough.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-09-26 10:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the tips. I need to gear up Dimi properly, I don't really have a set for it yet, same for Reso on RUN.
By Autocast 2018-10-03 20:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Trying to prioritize which pieces of AF+3 gear I do first due to amount of jobs I need pieces on and time required to obtain all the cards.

Can anyone recommend which pieces are high priority for run and which have other available options to use in the mean time and are a bit lower in priority.

I will eventually 5/5 but for now I'm focusing on getting the important pieces for a few jobs before going back and finishing the less important ones. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
By Nariont 2018-10-03 20:48:11
Link | Citer | R

Head and body are probably the highest priority, head being your best HP piece ontop of being your highest FC piece tied with carmine +1, regens a small perk too I guess. Body is your best meva body by a wide margin due to the elemental increase, couple extra seconds on val/lation, refresh, and some nice bit of acc all rolled into one.

Past those 2 id say grab feet next for pflug, then either hands or legs
By Pantafernando 2018-10-03 21:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

What are the best options for the resin on the RUN cape (for tanking)?

Thanks in advance.
By Autocast 2018-10-04 01:02:33
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »

Thanks
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2018-10-04 05:10:32
Link | Citer | R

So Epeo getting glow in next update? Cool
[+]
By Autocast 2018-10-04 06:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Better be green and not just get mythic blue.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-10-04 06:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
So Epeo getting glow in next update? Cool
No! I liked having a weapon without a distracting glow effect! Guess I'm lockstyling my Aettir again...
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-10-04 07:32:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm estatic about this Ergon AG prospect. SE told us for years that it would never occur. So, for me, it is a welcome surprise.
By Pantafernando 2018-10-04 09:09:11
Link | Citer | R

I remember when i traded my 10000th beitetsu and then... wtf?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-04 10:19:08
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

What are the best options for the resin on the RUN cape (for tanking)?

Thanks in advance.

Either PDT or Parry.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 148 149 150 ... 188 189 190