are they doing there job?

i seem to get well over 50 RMT tells a day WTF guys
 Asura.Elvaton
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-06-23 15:46:37
Link | Citer | R

they are not ive gotten a tell from the same person a few times like 30mins-1hr after its HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-23 15:47:49
Link | Citer | R

So do I and the peeps in my LS...well, not 50, that's crazy. But we get 'em pretty often anymore...

And wtf with all the gibberish names in Bastok Mines...gee, SE, think they're RMT? {Hmmm.}
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-23 15:56:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Someone should make a mule and name it something like alkdsfjasldkfjasdlkjf and actually level it up and play it legitimately just for kicks :D
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-23 16:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Lemme re-clarify this. Task Force cannot stop people from making mules to send tells. It is simply not possible. They CAN IP ban, but it's not hard to change your IP. So that kicks that plan. Chances are, these accounts DO get banned. But not instantly, no. Know where they focus? Whichever are high crafts and *** up the economy. Whichever buy 50 of one item, from the prices then raise them to control the market, then pawn that gil for RL money.

Would you rather them try and catch something sending you tells that is utterly futile, or go for something that makes a bigger difference? SE CANNOT stop the tells, and shot their own foot when they released the "TRY FFXI FOR FREE OMG!" campaign. RMT get a new account for free, send their tells, get banned. Rinse, and repeat. These tells won't stop until SE revokes that offer...which won't happen because it is a(n extremely small) business prop that has and will continue to make them a small amount of money.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-23 16:08:41
Link | Citer | R

its a crazy idea...but maybe make it so you cant send so many tells a minute on a free account.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-23 16:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Don't want to get RMT /tell's? /away. Of course you won't get ANY /tell's.... But that's why you should recruit all of your friends to one LS. XD
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-06-23 16:15:33
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
its a crazy idea...but maybe make it so you cant send so many tells a minute on a free account.

i agree limit the freen account to 25 /tell

cuz i get RMT tells evert few mins
oh i just got 1 now
 Garuda.Tyfoon
Serveur: Garuda
user: TYF00N
By Garuda.Tyfoon 2009-06-23 16:27:21
Link | Citer | R

Cardinalgate said:
Ludoggy said:

i agree limit the freen account to 25 /tell

cuz i get RMT tells evert few mins
oh i just got 1 now

I got one when i was in the shower...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-23 16:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Someone should make a mule and name it something like alkdsfjasldkfjasdlkjf and actually level it up and play it legitimately just for kicks :D

I have enough problems with my name now, TYVM. I've had peeps refuse to even raise me before because they thought I was RMT...
 Bahamut.Besho
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Besho
By Bahamut.Besho 2009-06-23 16:33:11
Link | Citer | R

I have not gotten any RMT /tells for a long time now. Closed server ftw?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-23 16:34:59
Link | Citer | R

Besho said:
I have not gotten any RMT /tells for a long time now. Closed server ftw?

Definitely one major benefit...
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-06-23 16:42:25
Link | Citer | R

sow when is the next huge batch of bans gonna be giving by the Task Force?
 Sylph.Slide
Serveur: Sylph
user: Slide
By Sylph.Slide 2009-06-23 16:52:59
Link | Citer | R

Is there not a way SE can maybe ban the CC#'s of accounts that are doing this mass /telling?
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-23 17:11:12
Link | Citer | R

They're using the free accounts. I don't think you need a CC for those.
 Kujata.Beryle
Serveur: Kujata
user: beryle
By Kujata.Beryle 2009-06-23 17:57:27
Link | Citer | R

Cardinalgate said:

They just did!!! Only, they banned alot of legit accounts as well.

Way to *** up again SE!!! Way to go!!

/em dies of not surprise.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2009-06-23 17:59:34
Link | Citer | R

Beryle said:
Cardinalgate said:

They just did!!! Only, they banned alot of legit accounts as well.

Way to *** up again SE!!! Way to go!!

/em dies of not surprise.

thats *** nice SE focus on legit accounts then RMT
 Garuda.Shizukat
user: Shizukat
By Garuda.Shizukat 2009-06-24 05:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Limiting /tell speed on the free accounts like 1 seconds for every send character wouldseriously slow them down. I notice that when I get'm that in matter of seconds everybody (well most) in the party or LS get them just seconds later.
If it was limited on free accounts, they would at least take several hours/days to get around everybody on the server once.

Also I've noticed that recently they also started to request to buy accounts and gil from legit players. I think that means their gil resource is drying up, and are trying to just buy/sell gil with profit instead.

What also bugs me a lot, is that we currently have 3-4 different "companies" advertising atm. You sometimes even get'm all in a few minutes. You do however notice that are clearly only active during US hours. I hardly every get one in the morning. (EU/JP hours)
 Midgardsormr.Piplup
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Piplup
By Midgardsormr.Piplup 2009-06-24 07:08:17
Link | Citer | R

they just need to make a chat filter, just like windower did, if you use windower, you won't get the tells anymore lol. but seriously... SE should implement it. otherwise they can't stop it w/o punishing new players as well.
 Midgardsormr.Piplup
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Piplup
By Midgardsormr.Piplup 2009-06-24 07:09:37
Link | Citer | R

The bunch of random names in towns running around are the new type of gil farmers lol, they just spend their time in the MH growing stuff and npc'ing it to a near by NPC.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-06-24 08:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Im hoping this is like a last stand type thing for rmt. They started offering powerleveling 1-75 for $400. oO who in their right mind would pay that. And i noticed the price of 1mil has gone from $30 to $19. Not too long before it's not worth their while i'm hoping. =[
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-24 08:43:03
Link | Citer | R

Yeah friend of mine started getting the PL tells yesterday, too LOL. You gotta be *** pathetic if you're gonna drop RL money on getting to *** 75, ESPECIALLY nowadays with how easy it is to get 75 lol
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-06-24 09:30:15
Link | Citer | R

Eternaltriumph said:
Lemme re-clarify this. Task Force cannot stop people from making mules to send tells. It is simply not possible. They CAN IP ban, but it's not hard to change your IP. So that kicks that plan. Chances are, these accounts DO get banned. But not instantly, no. Know where they focus? Whichever are high crafts and *** up the economy. Whichever buy 50 of one item, from the prices then raise them to control the market, then pawn that gil for RL money.

Would you rather them try and catch something sending you tells that is utterly futile, or go for something that makes a bigger difference? SE CANNOT stop the tells, and shot their own foot when they released the "TRY FFXI FOR FREE OMG!" campaign. RMT get a new account for free, send their tells, get banned. Rinse, and repeat. These tells won't stop until SE revokes that offer...which won't happen because it is a(n extremely small) business prop that has and will continue to make them a small amount of money.

They can take it a step further but there just too lazy. Ban their Mac ID. Get the IP and file a report from the ISP and retrieve the mac ID.

Changing IP is easy, changing nic cards or PC's is a little more annoying. Well unless they start spoofing mac's
 Fairy.Tibz
user: Tibz
By Fairy.Tibz 2009-06-24 09:44:02
Link | Citer | R

All SE needs to do is add /tell filters. Set it to filter out specific words like certain web address or even filter out "Come On!!!" ... omfg I just want to slap them >.>

I reply back to them with random crap, and honestly I'm running out of creative things to reply back with. Since they most likely don't speak english i've recently resorted to replying back with things like "8==D", etc...

You could cordinate with your LS and have all of them mass /tell spam any of these assnecks.... just a thought =)
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-06-25 19:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Our dynamis LS has this rule. We take a shot every time AF2 drops. Sometimes, like crappy winter runs when AF is slow, we take a shot everytime a Sack holder gets an RMT tell. So much fun.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-25 19:04:44
Link | Citer | R

Everytime I click on this thread...I get an rmt /tell.
odd.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-06-25 19:06:57
Link | Citer | R

If SE officially implement filters, it wont work, just like you still receive spam in your email box while shitload of company invest BILLIONS DOLLARS to find an efficient way to block spam.

Block brogame keyword ? They'll use /b/rogame. What are you gonna block ? They'll just add symbols in between, then start to write letters using some l33t$p43k. Windower filter is fine cause it's unofficial, so brogame and others gold selling website don't give a *** since like less than 1% of total player use these unofficial filter. As for tell per minute limitation ? ***, just make more mule. IP ban ? Renew IP / use proxy.

Why would FF XI players stop buying gils in the first place ? Ads are targeting potential customers. If no customer, no ads.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-06-25 20:20:55
Link | Citer | R

I'm more surprised SE's autojailer hasn't been programmed to do anything about them. And people wonder why I have little faith in XI's dev. team.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-25 20:32:37
Link | Citer | R

SE has an auto jailer? o.0
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-25 20:33:40
Link | Citer | R