Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-05-02 14:24:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
BIS tp piece. Don't think it beats Knobkierrie for WS
We need to wait for SimonSes and his awesome Spreadsheet, but I'm pretty confident it beats Knobkierrie at least for Raging Fists and Howling Fist.
Of course it does at capped att, but I'm talking at uncapped att.

Wouldn't it be best for Victory Smite as well since it's a multi-hit WS that doesn't benefit from WSD as strongly?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-02 14:39:48
Link | Citer | R

You're right, I completely forgot WSD does not transfer to all hits. Brain fart
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-02 15:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
We need to wait for SimonSes and his awesome Spreadsheet, but I'm pretty confident it beats Knobkierrie at least for Raging Fists and Howling Fist.

Wouldn't it be best for Victory Smite as well since it's a multi-hit WS that doesn't benefit from WSD as strongly?
I think it goes for every relevant MNK WS that makes use of STR/DEX/VIT mods, if you ask me.
But I was more confident about Raging/Howling than for other WSs.

But yeah, in all honesty I think it probably beats Knobkierrie for pretty much all of the relevant MNK WSs.

Granted we would need to quantify this difference. I suspect it's not really a huge difference, or at least nowhere close to justify the 150mils of the price.
What I mean is: if you still lack some other BiS pieces for MNK (or other jobs) you would probably see a bigger gain spending gil for those slots, rather than getting an Aurgelmir Orb +1.

Glad to be proven wrong by Simon's spreadsheet btw, I'm saying all of this on a personal hunch, I could be very wrong hey.
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-05-02 17:20:05
Link | Citer | R

I think it goes for every relevant MNK WS that makes use of STR/DEX/VIT mods, if you ask me.
But I was more confident about Raging/Howling than for other WSs.

But yeah, in all honesty I think it probably beats Knobkierrie for pretty much all of the relevant MNK WSs.

Granted we would need to quantify this difference. I suspect it's not really a huge difference, or at least nowhere close to justify the 150mils of the price.
What I mean is: if you still lack some other BiS pieces for MNK (or other jobs) you would probably see a bigger gain spending gil for those slots, rather than getting an Aurgelmir Orb +1.

Glad to be proven wrong by Simon's spreadsheet btw, I'm saying all of this on a personal hunch, I could be very wrong hey.

Makes sense, not really one for spreadsheets myself but been playing w/ MNK lately so wanted to double-check what I was working on.

For TP set i haven't been gearing toward footwork, instead using Samnuha tights and Kendatsuba +1 feet. Are there better options for legs? I don't know if i'm going to bother with MNK+2 neck yet or not to make use of footwork althought the PDL+ looks nice.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-02 18:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Are there better options for legs?
Hard to say without a specific scenario.
Probably Kendatsuba +1 legs.
Multiattack-wise it's 5%TA vs 3% DA/TA (supposing you have perf Samnuha) and also way more Acc, more Crit and, most of all, that juicy juicy Meva which can indirectly convert into a considerable amount of DPS against monsters who can debuff you or stun you.
Debuff/Stun lasting less seconds or not landing at all can be a pretty noticeable DPS increase.
You lose out on STP but hey, no big deal if you ask me.

Also you could spend years -literally- trying to farm perf Samnuha Tights whereas Kendatsuba+1 you can get straight off the AH.

Last but not least, if you're gonna use other pieces of the Kendatsuba set (mostly head, but hands and feet too) you're gonna need Kendatsuba+1 legs to compensate for the haste, or you won't reach 26% gear haste, unless you want to use a haste belt but that would be such a waste over Moonbow+1, wouldn't it?

Not sure if you noticed but compared to the old SE paradygm where we were getting 7/8 haste on head, 4/5 on hands, 6 on legs and 4 on feet, these new sets they've been adding for the past 2 years have 6% in the head, 4% in the hands, 3% in the feet and 9% in the legs.
This means that mix/match between old-style and new-style sets can create uncapped haste situations.

I've noticed a lot of people, out of years of habits, forget to take this into consideration.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-05-02 19:33:47
Link | Citer | R

Yeah talking about perfect Samnuha vs Ken +1. I've gotten lazy about checking haste cap gear-wise so I'll check that too. Thanks for the info!
 Sylph.Excalin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2020-05-03 15:06:47
Link | Citer | R

So I have been dicking around with Chakra trying to figure out what the new formula is, has anyone notice that Max HP seems to be a component in how much it heals? Has anyone figured out the new formula? Not sure anyone has cared as I see sets just based on VIT as everyone just assumes Chakra + gear and as much Vit as possible.
By SimonSes 2020-05-03 15:52:05
Link | Citer | R

It actually doesnt :)

Its winning for vsmite, but the difference is so small that its not even worth mentioning. For howling and raging knob wins by also very small, but more obvious margin.

Also not sure why you was thinking Aurgelmir would be better for uncapped att Sechs, when it has total of 17 attack including attack from STR, while Knobkierke has 23 attack :)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-03 17:39:05
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
It actually doesnt :)
I'm confused.
You say it doesn't, but then you went to say the same things I wrote before, with Aurgelmir+1 winning but with a small margin over Knobkierrie.

So... I dunno, what did you mean exactely? D:

Quote:
Also not sure why you was thinking Aurgelmir would be better for uncapped att Sechs
I didn't say that! But maybe I worded the sentence in a bad way?
I meant that Aurgelmir+1 winning in capped attack situations was taken for granted by most people, which is why I was specifically talking about the less obvious non-capped att situations, where Knobkierrie can benefit from its full potential.
What I was trying to say is that even in that scenario I think Aurg+1 is still gonna win, at least for the relevant WS that rely on those mods.

I also said that I suspected the difference to be very small or, at least in my eyes, totally not worth the 150m cost.
But what's "not worth" for me could be worth for others hey, who am I to judge.
By SimonSes 2020-05-04 15:59:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm confused.
You say it doesn't, but then you went to say the same things I wrote before, with Aurgelmir+1 winning but with a small margin over Knobkierrie.

So... I dunno, what did you mean exactely? D:

Yeah I said it and that margin is actually so small, that when I switch things in set its apparently enough to sometimes make Orb win and sometimes Knob (for several main WSs).
By geigei 2020-05-04 16:38:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Excalin said: »
So I have been dicking around with Chakra trying to figure out what the new formula is, has anyone notice that Max HP seems to be a component in how much it heals? Has anyone figured out the new formula? Not sure anyone has cared as I see sets just based on VIT as everyone just assumes Chakra + gear and as much Vit as possible.
Yea, tested with sp2 up, heals for 5k.
[+]
By kairyu 2020-05-04 17:08:39
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »

I'm not aware what the precise formula is, but i don't wear any +VIT gear for Chakra anymore - just Reforged AF body and Reforged Relic hands. Even with Inner Strength up it always brings me back to 100% Can definitely save on some inventory slots there!
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-05-04 17:29:15
Link | Citer | R

kairyu said: »
geigei said: »

I'm not aware what the precise formula is, but i don't wear any +VIT gear for Chakra anymore - just Reforged AF body and Reforged Relic hands. Even with Inner Strength up it always brings me back to 100% Can definitely save on some inventory slots there!

Yup, it’s either been changed to outright give you 100% HP while wearing at least AF Body and Relic Hands 119 or it’s just ridiculously potent or something lol. The gearset I use for it is just whatever Chakra + and VIT gear I have on hand and I’ve yet to see it not bring me to full so far.

I’d love to see how abused it could be if the timer was reduced lol
[+]
 Sylph.Excalin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2020-05-12 13:43:49
Link | Citer | R

Factors appear to be:

Vit*2

20% of Max HP

Maybe a correction for level including Ilvl (did one test at 99 (no ilvl gear) and then added 119 h2h with no hp or vit (ilvl 109) and it went up slightly....a pitiful 5hp

Part of the formula probably looks like (1+M)(.2*MaxHP+2*Vit), not sure how level factors in and haven't done a test since putting points into CHAKRA JPs
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-12 14:40:54
Link | Citer | R

First time playing Monk in a long time was last and this months ambuscade recently. Pretty absurd seeing Monk do 20k+ multi attack rounds with AM3/Impetus with formless strikes (hundred fists) on boss through invincible. This is the kind of fight mechanics where Monk really gets use out of it's abilities to perfection; wish there were more instances where formless was a thing. Even not working on WS, that white damage is a thing of beauty
[+]
By eeternal 2020-05-16 22:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Guess Balder Earring +1 is bis for tp, is it relevant in WSs? (doubt it due to moonshade tp bonus and Sherida)
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2020-05-21 17:16:07
Link | Citer | R

Question guys,

Gearing up my monk for the first time since Adoluin released. I finally finished my Verethragna from 85 to 119 (not AG yet, but is on my to do list once I get more gear and can solo some VD battles and farm the boulders).

If I have a Verethragna, how useful is Godhands? I also have a master pup, but I have a Kenkonken that I use for it.

Got 50k beads so starting my first aeonic, but can't really decide between Godhands, Chango (haven't yet geared it out again), or the Gun (I do have an AG Anni atm, and working on a Gastra for Ranger).

So far leaning towards the gun, but was wondering what input those with Godhands can give. Thanks guys!
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-05-21 18:06:03
Link | Citer | R

I'd make the gun in your situation
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-05-21 18:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
Question guys,

Gearing up my monk for the first time since Adoluin released. I finally finished my Verethragna from 85 to 119 (not AG yet, but is on my to do list once I get more gear and can solo some VD battles and farm the boulders).

If I have a Verethragna, how useful is Godhands? I also have a master pup, but I have a Kenkonken that I use for it.

Got 50k beads so starting my first aeonic, but can't really decide between Godhands, Chango (haven't yet geared it out again), or the Gun (I do have an AG Anni atm, and working on a Gastra for Ranger).

So far leaning towards the gun, but was wondering what input those with Godhands can give. Thanks guys!

Godhands are still useful even if you have Verethragna. When impetus is down, when you can't keep impetus stacks up, etc Godhands are the way to go. I switch between R15 Vere and R15 Godhands to suit the situation.

You have an Annihilator, Fomalhaut is going to be little more than a bullet dispenser for you 99% of the time.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-05-21 19:08:40
Link | Citer | R

I have Godhands and Verethragna and definitely find a use for both of them (I even made Spharai for a counter build....).

Godhands are great for when skillchain damage is important. Verethragna is awesome for raw damage with Impetus up.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-05-21 19:34:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Godhands are still useful even if you have Verethragna. When impetus is down, when you can't keep impetus stacks up, etc Godhands are the way to go. I switch between R15 Vere and R15 Godhands to suit the situation.
Asura.Botosi said: »
Godhands are great for when skillchain damage is important.
These ^

They're both very fun to use for their own reasons when you play to their strengths.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-05-21 21:48:55
Link | Citer | R

First time back in 2 years has mnk changed a whole bunch? I know people say its a top dd... I'm hoping DPS sets are still roughly the same ; ;.the lilith gear seems to be the talk of the town
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-05-21 22:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
First time back in 2 years has mnk changed a whole bunch? I know people say its a top dd... I'm hoping DPS sets are still roughly the same ; ;.the lilith gear seems to be the talk of the town

MNK rulz

Up to date sets are here. Lilith gear is great for hybrid/DT sets, but not going to be your main TP focus. If you're looking to jump into endgame content right away though, work on it ASAP.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-05-22 09:28:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Asura.Topace said: »

MNK rulz

Up to date sets are here. Lilith gear is great for hybrid/DT sets, but not going to be your main TP focus. If you're looking to jump into endgame content right away though, work on it ASAP.
Thanks!

Is Final Heaven still ***?
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-05-22 09:29:48
Link | Citer | R

yes
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-05-22 11:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
yes

Its funny FH is on the same level as Metsu and FH is ***and Metsu is Bestsu :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-22 11:39:32
Link | Citer | R

yes

Metsu is Bestu for shitsu NINsu
By SimonSes 2020-05-22 11:56:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
yes

Metsu is Bestu for shitsu NINsu

Omg you "said" it loud!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-22 14:05:05
Link | Citer | R

Slightly out of the chorus voice on the Vere + Godhands opinions.
Yes swapping between them according to Impetus up/down is the best in theory and SimonSes showed that to us months ago already.

I got Verethragna R15 and Godhands and don't get me wrong, I love my Vere, but if I could turn back time I'd probably use those Astral Detritus for something else and just fulltime Godhands.

Why?
Some possibly stupid reasons:
1) Vere requires R15 to be competitive imho. Godhands, while better with R15, is good enough with R1, the difference is not really as huge as with other R1>R15 weapons. (barring accuracy-starved situations maybe)

2) Vere is fun but it's very reliant on Impetus. Whenever you can't reliably maximize Impetus uptime, it's gonna fall behind. (think about fights with waits in between, or para, or dispel etc). Basically it adds abit more of situational complexity to a job that's overall pretty straighforward.
Godhands is the other way around. It doesn't "require" anything. It performs the same in every possible situation and it's the apotheosis of straightforward, pretty coherent with the MNK job overall. You barely have to worry about anything with Godhands.

So, I can't deny I'm biased for my love-toy Vere, but at the same time if a MNK came to me and asked which single one to pick, I'd definitely suggest them to go for Godhands. Cheaper and more efficient than Vere imho.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-05-22 16:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Slightly out of the chorus voice on the Vere + Godhands opinions.
Yes swapping between them according to Impetus up/down is the best in theory and SimonSes showed that to us months ago already.

I got Verethragna R15 and Godhands and don't get me wrong, I love my Vere, but if I could turn back time I'd probably use those Astral Detritus for something else and just fulltime Godhands.

Why?
Some possibly stupid reasons:
1) Vere requires R15 to be competitive imho. Godhands, while better with R15, is good enough with R1, the difference is not really as huge as with other R1>R15 weapons. (barring accuracy-starved situations maybe)

2) Vere is fun but it's very reliant on Impetus. Whenever you can't reliably maximize Impetus uptime, it's gonna fall behind. (think about fights with waits in between, or para, or dispel etc). Basically it adds abit more of situational complexity to a job that's overall pretty straighforward.
Godhands is the other way around. It doesn't "require" anything. It performs the same in every possible situation and it's the apotheosis of straightforward, pretty coherent with the MNK job overall. You barely have to worry about anything with Godhands.

So, I can't deny I'm biased for my love-toy Vere, but at the same time if a MNK came to me and asked which single one to pick, I'd definitely suggest them to go for Godhands. Cheaper and more efficient than Vere imho.

I can't disagree with any of this, although I am glad I have both to choose from.
First Page 2 3 ... 318 319 320 ... 363 364 365