Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 308 309 310 ... 363 364 365
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-07 08:05:05
Link | Citer | R

I have played with a couple of Monks recently, and I will admit that the numbers on Godhands are very very good and similar to smite spam. Might even be better if you're getting a crystal blessing or whatever, but I probably won't budge off of VS for now. It's just too much fun with Impetus.

My Smite set is not anything impressive, same standard set minus the new earring

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Monk_Guide

Verethragna (Level 119 III)
Knobkierrie
Adhemar Bonnet +1
Path B
Bhikku Cyclas +1
Ryuo Tekko +1
Path A or D
Ken. Hakama +1
Herculean Boots
STR, Accuracy/Attack, Crit Damage
Fotia Gorget
Sherida Earring
Brutal Earring
Gere Ring
Niqmaddu Ring
Moonbow Belt +1
Segomo's Mantle
STR, Accuracy/Attack, Double Attack (I use critical hit rate)
[+]
By Taint 2020-01-07 10:02:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
t I probably won't budge off of VS for now. It's just too much fun with Impetus.

AM3 Smite spam with impetus IS all the fun with MNK. 15k Crits warm my belly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
Serveur: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-01-07 11:46:44
Link | Citer | R

Godhands' ridiculous base damage is also super fun. Can reach ~20k melee rounds with impetus and footwork up. For me, VS only starts competing with RF and HF after imprtus has charged up a decent amount, so I've only been using it if i want to SC. Veret prob makes a big difference.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Serveur: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-01-07 13:08:43
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
t I probably won't budge off of VS for now. It's just too much fun with Impetus.

I've seen some high crits. Never anything this high. Maybe under boost. Definitely not consistently. I'm calling facts I don't like. Even r15 am3 vere cant hit for 15k crits. There wouldn't be a reason to play any other DD job.
By SimonSes 2020-01-07 13:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Taint said: »

I've seen some high crits. Never anything this high. Maybe under boost. Definitely not consistently. I'm calling facts I don't like. Even r15 am3 vere cant hit for 15k crits. There wouldn't be a reason to play any other DD job.

- Crits under boost can easily reach tens on k with am3 proc (am3 proc actually triple whole damage from boosted hit).
- 15k crits Taint is talking about is probably using battlemode addon, it adds all crits from whole attack round and shows them as one number

Phoenix.Oyama said: »
Godhands' ridiculous base damage is also super fun. Can reach ~20k melee rounds with impetus and footwork up. For me, VS only starts competing with RF and HF after imprtus has charged up a decent amount, so I've only been using it if i want to SC. Veret prob makes a big difference.

Vsmite damage is generally all over the place even with Impetus. Even with Impetus up it can jump between 30k and 70k+ and Veret R15 for sure makes a difference, but on Vsmite alone it shouldnt be more than 10-15% more damage.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-07 14:03:56
Link | Citer | R

If you happen to have 50% Cdmg stacks from Impetus and get an AM proc + Crit proc together, I bet you could get pretty high numbers :-P
Granted 15k sounds a bit high to me as well.

What sort of buffs/debuffs did you have to proc that high?
It's kinda not really something that happens often anyway, more like... food for people that feed on spikes lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-07 14:14:30
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
15k crits Taint is talking about is probably using battlemode addon, it adds all crits from whole attack round and shows them as one number

This is what I was thinking as well, and it's not uncommon. Usually in the 7-15k range, but it really depends on that impetus stack and multiattack luck. I've never seen 20k melee rounds, even on a Godhands user. That one sounds a little more far-fetched, since there is no AM on Aeonic that boosts white damage.

Even with R15 Verethragna, Victory Smite is all over the place. I can hit 20k~ with buffs and as high as 40k occasionally without buffs. Can't ever take spike damages as the norm, but the combination of Verethragna AM + Smite frequency closes whatever gap you would get from inconsistent spike damage.
By Taint 2020-01-07 14:18:55
Link | Citer | R

Yes it’s battlemod and yes it still warms my belly.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-01-07 14:55:04
Link | Citer | R

never seen 20k melee rounds

Its perfectly possible with R15 Godhands with 8 crit hits round and capped Impetus, attack (with +2 neck), some positive fSTR and adhemar bonnet +1.

It would be even easier with R15 Veret and AM3 proc and even easier with Footwork and 8th hit being a kick wearing AF+3 feet.

EDIT: Also many people use MNK in Dynamis now. Some zones like Jeuno has goblins taking 50% more damage. 20k rounds would be much easier there :P
 Phoenix.Oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-01-07 22:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
even easier with Footwork and 8th hit being a kick wearing AF+3 feet

Yep, my 20k was an 8-hit round with a kick while both footwork and impetus were up, wearing AF+3 and Relic+3 (crit and kick rate).
By eeternal 2020-01-08 13:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Speaking from my own experience, VS is so random honestly and I am disappointed, ranging from 10-60k... TK FW is like at least 40k-80k.. ranging fist is 40k+ all with capped attack..

So if anyone thinking of gearing mnk, just get Godhands and spam TK or RF
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-08 13:22:31
Link | Citer | R

yeah but nobody cares about actual variance in this game. they only see the one number a spreadsheet outputs or the highest number they've seen in their chat log.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-08 13:38:43
Link | Citer | R

Circumstances matter. If you're soloing, the extra 10k-30k skillchain damage from Smite more than makes up the difference in damage. But if you're in a zerg with other DDs and not able to take advantage of it, then Godhands may very well outperform it.

Smite is never going to be as consistent as TK (which is only 1 minute use) or RF because it relies heavily on Impetus (stacks) and Focus to critical. Perhaps Smite requires a different rollset than standard SAM/Chaos, something more like Rogue's/Fighters or Fighter's/Chaos. Has anyone put that into a spreadsheet to see which buff combination favors which WS the most?
By SimonSes 2020-01-08 14:56:23
Link | Citer | R

eeternal said: »
ranging from 10-60k...

It doesnt has such range..
It can do 10k when mob has 5k hp and you do Vsmite and kill it with first hit, but it will never do 10k with capped att/acc if mob has enough hp to live through all hits. This is one of the reason some jobs has much easier time winning parses. You can do a 70k Torcleaver to a mob with 5k HP left. In reality both 10k Vsmite and 70k Torcleaver did the same effective damage, but Torcleaver is 60k ahead on parse. There was even some guy here gearing WSD for Howling Fist only to boost first hit to the max and do as much overdamage as possible to win parse, because apparently he was in LS that only let you go DD if you win parses.
By eeternal 2020-01-08 15:27:17
Link | Citer | R

You have a point, but I'm pretty sure from doing Gin|Kin|Kyou with soul voice crooked chaos bolster frailty and fury and impetus VS has the range of maybe not 10k but 22-40k while TK hits 70k with these buffs and raging mid to upper 30's to 50k..

Again, I don't have any spreadsheet but out of the 100+ doing omen bosses pretty sure thats VS range.
By SimonSes 2020-01-08 16:36:36
Link | Citer | R

You are biased and doing what many people did before you. You are giving me some 3000tp TK with footwork up vs some bad 1000tp vsmites.

here is Ejin on mnk/nin doing Kyou and his vsmites are (while spammed):
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2020-01-08 17:18:30
Link | Citer | R

10k - 60k? SOunds like someone is eating meat and not using madrigals or torpor.

It's also worth mentioning that TK/RF are optimal at like 1900 tp (with God hands) versus 1000 for victory smite.
[+]
By eeternal 2020-01-08 17:21:41
Link | Citer | R

I don't have any intention to discredit any job, but I am confident that its pretty hard to ws at 1000tp, giving the amount of tp overflow, so usually my VS is around 1600tp.

Having said that, while the numbers you posted is pretty much all over the place, that's why i'm not fan of VS. I'd rather have a consistent 40k+ over a spike of 50k.

I tried to cross check different videos from Ejin, but most of them are bad examples (Fu, Kei) so i'm still of the opinion that VS is random. But I saw some videos of Rua and VS has similar numbers to what i was indicating before (not sure about his ws gearsets)

If someone is trying to decide which REMA to make for MNK, I still think that Godhands will do similar output if not better at a less cost of money and time.

Have a good one.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Serveur: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2020-01-08 18:04:27
Link | Citer | R

I mean... Ambu weapon is free.
By SimonSes 2020-01-09 06:28:53
Link | Citer | R

But I saw some videos of Rua

Rua is using SU5 weapon, not R15 Veret like Ejin.

I tried to cross check different videos from Ejin, but most of them are bad examples (Fu, Kei) so i'm still of the opinion that VS is random.

VS is random, but with Impetus it's generally above 30k with capped accuracy/attack and average damage is above 40k.

If someone is trying to decide which REMA to make for MNK, I still think that Godhands will do similar output if not better at a less cost of money and time.

This is simply not true, but im not gonna convince anyone anymore. If you still have that opinion, then arguments posted in many previous pages since update weren't enough for you and I won't write anything new.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-09 08:26:17
Link | Citer | R

It's just confirmation bias. It's easy to say "hey I like seeing constant 40k WS vs 30k and spikes" but completely ignore the white damage Verethragna pumps out. It's easy to say "this ws hits harder than that one on average" but ignore the fact you're deliberately holding TP past a certain threshold. Or ignore the SC damage of using Smite.

But truthfully it doesn't matter. I still don't think there's a "best" weapon for MNK, it just depends on situations. At some point you realize you're punching a virtual monster and he dies anyways, so who the hell cares if one WS does 45k dmg every time and another does 35k~55k variably. The only thing you're doing is pleasing your eyes with that kind of argument.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-01-09 09:17:39
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
This is simply not true

I mean, maybe on a spreadsheet, but in practice they're probably close enough not to matter. And GH are definitely way easier/faster to get than Vere, so just depends if it's worth it to you.
By SimonSes 2020-01-09 09:23:06
Link | Citer | R

But truthfully it doesn't matter. I still don't think there's a "best" weapon for MNK

Oh I agree. Impetus is not 100% up, Footwork and Radiance exist. I have both Godhands and Vere at R15 and I will probably make other h2h too after Im done with more important weapons for other jobs.
 Phoenix.Bloodred
By Phoenix.Bloodred 2020-01-09 10:07:08
Link | Citer | R

I'll agree that white damage+ws Vereth is tops but I am very happy with my R15 Godhands, and like he said at the end of the day u are killing a virtual monster lol
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2020-01-09 10:26:13
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, Wondering if my sets are Decent or where can I improve them, do you guys mind taking a look at it? (Just updated a whole lot of them) and used Spreadsheet to do it as well (Thank you Chaia and Ruaumoko).

• Segomo's Mantle (STR+30 ACC+20 ATK+20 DA+10% Counter+10)

• Adhemar Bonnet +1 / Wristbands +1 / Jacket +1 (PATH A) (DEX+12 AGI+12 ACC+20)

• Ryuo Tekko (STR+10 DEX+10 ACC+15)

• Ryuo Somen (HP+50 Store TP+4 Subtle Blow +7)

• Ryuo Hakama (ACC+20 Store TP+4 Phys. DMG Taken -3%)

• Adhemar Gamashes (HP+50 Store TP+6 Snapshot +8)

Chakra set:
ItemSet 327424

Chi Blast set:
ItemSet 370633

Curing Waltz Set:
ItemSet 370634

Enmity/Provoke Set:
ItemSet 370635

TP Set:
ItemSet 370620
  • Herculean Boots (ATK+19 ACC+10 Triple Attack +4%)

TP Acc Set:
ItemSet 370636

TP Alternative Set:
ItemSet 370619

TP Triple Set:
ItemSet 370621

TP Store TP Set:
ItemSet 370622

TP Store TP Pure Set:
ItemSet 370623

TP Counter Set:
ItemSet 370624

Victory Smite:
ItemSet 363818

Asuran Fists:
ItemSet 370625

Ascetic's Fury:
ItemSet 370626

Shijin Spiral:
ItemSet 370627

Raging Fists:
ItemSet 370629

Howling Fists:
ItemSet 370630
  • Herculean Helm (STR+8 ACC+2 ATK+28 WSD+4%)

• Herculean Trousers (STR+8 ATK+26 WSD+5%)

• Herculean Boots (STR+9 ACC+25 ATK+9 WSD+4%)

Tornado Kick:
ItemSet 370631

Dragon Kick:
ItemSet 370632

Any Suggestions be Welcome, Thank you.

P.S. Currently Working on making ALL Armor NQ ~> +1 / Su3 Set (Still not there, but its Work in Progress...)
By eeternal 2020-01-09 11:00:51
Link | Citer | R

This guide has almost bis gear sets and it's a great start

Credit goes to Kusaregedo (i think) for posting it..

Also, a couple of pages Simon did some testing on some gear sets, thats a great start too, credit goes to him as well.

I hope it helps
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2020-01-09 11:52:00
Link | Citer | R

Also, a couple of pages Simon did some testing on some gear sets, thats a great start too, credit goes to him as well.

I hope it helps

I understand that, but I don't got BIS due to Gil shortage XD

So was asking if anybody got a suggestions that are "Within" my Reach LOL

IF I did have gil, ofc would get Ken +1 and all BS on Guide.

Mnk neck +2 (70 M) Ken Set gonna be around 150 M , Belt +1 50 M , ETc........ XD

yeah, got limited resources ^^/
By SimonSes 2020-01-09 12:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kuroganashi said: »

I hope it helps

Mnk neck +2 (70 M) Ken Set gonna be around 150 M , Belt +1 50 M , ETc........ XD

Generally you wont find many people able to give you suggestions for mid tier gear unless they take tons of time to calculate everything based on what you have and your limited resources etc. so pretty much what you did yourself.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-09 12:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Just scale down, does not need to be HQ. Looks like you've already done just that
+2 belt > nq belt
+2 neck > +1 neck
Kenda +1 > Kenda > Adhemar +1 > Adhemar > Herculean > Rawhide is the general progression.

As Simon "Ses" (pun), nobody is going to know your circumstances to critique your sets better than you, which is why it's kind of pointless to ask. Nobody knows what you have access to, so they will always give you the highest standard and you can fill in the areas according to your gear progression access.
[+]
By Aerison 2020-01-09 12:18:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kuroganashi said: »

I hope it helps

Cards are free...
First Page 2 3 ... 308 309 310 ... 363 364 365