For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 264 265 266
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-08 23:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Well with my old set, I was TP'ing in about 170dex and had a 22% or so crit rate. Current set, I'm around 150 and that puts me around 14%. No crit rate from gear. Unless they have some crit evasion, I'd guess they have around 130~ agi, and unless I screwed up the math somewhere, they have around 600 evasion(including agi).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nawrthis
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Nawrthis
By Carbuncle.Nawrthis 2013-05-09 00:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Hello,

ItemSet 300295

This is what i'm aiming at (Manibozho, Aphotic all ATK path).
Any upgrades i missed ?

Thanks,
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-09 02:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, a 99Mandau.
[+]
 Sylph.Malizia
Serveur: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-05-09 02:47:33
Link | Citer | R

Dougr said: »
Just returning to the game where do I find the page with upgrade levels on new equipment?
BG Wiki, Delve Rewards
By Damz 2013-05-10 03:34:30
Link | Citer | R

any chances to get Manibozho stuff(and other new gears) added to the guide anytime soon? Was kinda wondering what to get from npc and not. thanks in advance
 Ragnarok.Evihime
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-05-10 10:07:17
Link | Citer | R

Get:
1 - Legs, best SA mercy and TP piece overall
2 - Heartseeker and Dudgeon earrings
3 - Feet, best TP feet even at low rang unless u need dDEX from Sigyn, at high rank they win regardell of dDEX, at high rank theyre also best Mercy feet and acc feet in the game.
4 - Body, nice exenterator body if u need acc (not priority)

This not counting the Kukri

PS: Might as well get bladeborn and steelflash for exenterator
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-05-10 14:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Evihime said: »
2 - Heartseeker and Dudgeon earrings

whats DW on those?
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-05-10 15:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Someone on BG says 7%.

Also, planning on doing the new Delve gear today, we'll see how it goes.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-05-10 23:38:24
Link | Citer | R

To help you on new sets for Delve content, Evasion/AGI for scorp NM, based on my acc and crit rate, should be around 630/140. I'd say this is on the lower scale of evasion for new NMs (and is similar to most of them, or at least the T1s). Peiste NM seems around 700+ evasion, not sure on AGI as I didn't look into my crit rate.

Numbers are a little underestimated since I use feint, too, though. So maybe more like 640 and 710 evasion.
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-05-11 00:47:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
To help you on new sets for Delve content, Evasion/AGI for scorp NM, based on my acc and crit rate, should be around 630/140. I'd say this is on the lower scale of evasion for new NMs (and is similar to most of them, or at least the T1s). Peiste NM seems around 700+ evasion, not sure on AGI as I didn't look into my crit rate.

Numbers are a little underestimated since I use feint, too, though. So maybe more like 640 and 710 evasion.
Hmmm... from working on the Exenterator sets (which I just published!) I already realized I needed TWO sets; one for pre-mega-boss equipment and low-rank Manibozho gear, and one with no restrictions.

I don't want to do ANOTHER two sets for bosses. But with your numbers, things seem to work out: the lower-tier set will use sushi all the time, the super set will use RCB for Fracture Fodder and sushi for NMs, and I'm listing accuracy alternatives.

Edit: did TP sets too. Wow is that super-goal TP set interesting! I think next priority is lower-tier Mercy Stroke sets. Higher-tier Mercy Stroke sets don't make any sense right now because if you can get mega-boss gear, you really should be using the Izhiikoh / Aphotic combo until the R/M/E update, and I have no idea what Mandau will look like with the R/M/E update.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-05-11 04:52:17
Link | Citer | R

You may also want to hold off a few sets until the DEX/STR update for one-handers, too--assuming that it will happen before most of this gear is reasonably attainable.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-05-11 06:29:32
Link | Citer | R

not sure if i can follow your "delve" sets: are actually Acc-TP sets (which you can/should/whatever use for delve) or max-dmg TP setups useing delve equipment? You also need to list the path of augments you choosed for the equip (unless i did not saw it)
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-05-11 18:22:22
Link | Citer | R

They're... both? I'll note in each set what's going on.

Edit: clearly marked each set as either HQ or NQ, and included a link to the set explanations.

To answer Mindi's question directly, read here.

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
You may also want to hold off a few sets until the DEX/STR update for one-handers, too--assuming that it will happen before most of this gear is reasonably attainable.
I'll have to look into that... but the NQ sets should be reasonably attainable already! HQ, not so much.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2013-05-15 07:08:28
Link | Citer | R

I am aiming at the following:

ItemSet 284757

With Thurandaut head and Delve feet, I would loose 1,6% Haste and 6% TA against AF3+2 head AF2+2 feet, but I get 5% DW and 2% DA, so it seems to be worth.

I could exchange the hands to get 1% Haste back, but I heard that Thurandaut beats Miodio.

I don't expect to get Salvage gear in the near future, so is this set optimal for now?

PS: I know that the 7% DW earrings are missing, since I don't have the KIs yet. All Delve stuff and Thokcha are augmented with Attack, since I rather would eat Sushi, if still Accuracy is missing.
 Asura.Izilder
Serveur: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-05-15 08:05:32
Link | Citer | R

i would like to see a "cookie cut - ultimate" thf xml made and attached to this thread - i use SC on all my jobs and thf with its sata / ws rules always seems to give me *** ! but im sure many would appreciate one - that's current and works 100 %
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2013-05-15 12:10:29
Link | Citer | R

For those unable to get the + 1 of the K. Jacket – is it better to use the nq jacket with the correct augments or a Manibozho jerkin for SA/TA Mercy Stroke? At what level augment does the jerkin beat the jacket? (if applicable)
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-05-15 14:39:00
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »
For those unable to get the + 1 of the K. Jacket – is it better to use the nq jacket with the correct augments or a Manibozho jerkin for SA/TA Mercy Stroke? At what level augment does the jerkin beat the jacket? (if applicable)
The augmented kheper jacket is as good or slightly better than a fully upgraded Manibozho jerkin for Mercy Stroke, so use the Kheper if you have it.

Quote:
spellcast
I don't use spellcast, so I can't provide a cookie cutter xml, sorry! There is another thread here that is somewhat related, perhaps you can find a good answer there.

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
I am aiming at the following:
ItemSet 284757
I don't expect to get Salvage gear in the near future, so is this set optimal for now?
"Optimal for now" is kind of a funny phrase :p but to answer your question, I haven't found asperity necklace to be an improvement over the tried and true combo of nefarious collar and rancorous mantle. So, I'd swap those two in. I'd also consider brego gloves to get you to 25% haste. Otherwise, sure, go for it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-15 14:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Evisceration: rancor+atheling vs sea gorget+rancorous?
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-05-16 00:06:59
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The answer is actually nefarious collar + rancorous mantle :)

Sea Gorget isn't so useful for Evisceration, since the fTP bonus only applies on the first hit (this is true for most, but not all multihit weaponskills). So most of the time you're only getting the +10 accuracy bonus, which means that love torque is better.

However, assuming you're using Evisceration outside Abyssea, you need as much crit chance as you can get, so you definitely want Rancorous on the back. Nefarious comes in a little ahead of the Love Torque for the neck. Inside Abyssea, I think Love Torque beats Nefarious somehow.

Of the two options you mentioned, sea gorget + rancorous comes out ahead for me. They're not terribly different though.
 Bismarck.Baalthus
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2013-05-16 02:18:22
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Taruina said: »
Thurandaut will beat out your Miodio gloves, ...

Sylph.Malizia said: »
I'd also consider Brego Gloves to get you to 25% haste. ...

With Miodio > Brego, which statement is correct now? Both statements were made to proposed sets, where Haste isn't capped.
 Sylph.Shadida
By Sylph.Shadida 2013-05-16 02:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Best Leisilonu (Skirmish) dagger augment I've gotten so far is DMG+10 STR+2. What's everyone else out there seeing for it? Are the rumors of Crit Hit Rate +5% on JP Wiki true, or are they full of crap?

Btw that makes it a DMG:62 dagger with STR+2 and delay:183. Pretty nice if you ask me. Hoping for more STR/DEX along with that DMG improvement - would make it better than Macoquetza for offhand (and mine already beats in in raw DPS).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-16 05:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The answer is actually nefarious collar + rancorous mantle :)

Sea Gorget isn't so useful for Evisceration, since the fTP bonus only applies on the first hit (this is true for most, but not all multihit weaponskills). So most of the time you're only getting the +10 accuracy bonus, which means that love torque is better.

However, assuming you're using Evisceration outside Abyssea, you need as much crit chance as you can get, so you definitely want Rancorous on the back. Nefarious comes in a little ahead of the Love Torque for the neck. Inside Abyssea, I think Love Torque beats Nefarious somehow.

Of the two options you mentioned, sea gorget + rancorous comes out ahead for me. They're not terribly different though.
Too lazy to farm a torque and too cheap to buy nefarious, which is why I asked only between those two.

And yeah, outside, I had to remove a merit from Exent and at 4 it's already not so ahead anymore, added a new dagger too and it just keeps losing ground. Thinking of demeriting altogether tbh.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-05-16 05:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Rancor Back/Love Torque then.

IMO, don't know if it's better than Ranocr/Atheling
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-16 06:09:33
Link | Citer | R

Didn't have spreadsheet at hand when I posted, so now I've had time to play with it a little considering my options, this is what came out

ItemSet 301198

optimized for delve mobs. I probably won't end up farming delve as thf, but anyway thought it made more sense than to optimize it towards fodder...it's fodder for a reason.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2013-05-18 18:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Is it not clear from the guide if the NQ/HQ delve sets are optimal for old content (I.E. dyna) or if the goal sets still perform better since they dont need all that accuracy and the NQ/HQ sets must be used on Delve stuff only.
The guide specify only that these sets are based off Delve monsters.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-05-18 18:20:16
Link | Citer | R

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/110460-DPS-Spreadsheets

It's not difficult
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2013-05-18 18:23:38
Link | Citer | R

Thx for the obvious, but i didnt ask for a spreadsheet link. I just underlined that is not clear from the guide. It is indeed difficult to properly read a post it seems.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Learning-How-to-Read-Properly&id=3170309

returning the favor :)
[+]
By Arziet 2013-05-18 23:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kogenta said: »
Is it not clear from the guide if the NQ/HQ delve sets are optimal for old content (I.E. dyna) or if the goal sets still perform better since they dont need all that accuracy and the NQ/HQ sets must be used on Delve stuff only.

General Set(s) preforming well over all content. (High End Sets) Side/Down grades are easy to personalize using DPS-spreadsheets. (RCB used for all levels up to delve, change to sole sushi for Delve)
Haste
ItemSet 301437
The posted sets in guide for SA/TA + MS stay rather unchanged. Manibo feet and legs when augmented(Fully, in Attack path) best other current options.
 Sylph.Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-05-18 23:36:14
Link | Citer | R

The delve sets are definitely not optimized for old content. I'd use a hybrid of the delve set and the Goal sets for old content. What Arziet posted is a good example of combining sets for old content (but I'd stick to the crit neck/back for TP).
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2013-05-19 04:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Arziet said: »

General Set(s) preforming well over all content. (High End Sets) Side/Down grades are easy to personalize using DPS-spreadsheets. (RCB used for all levels up to delve, change to sole sushi for Delve)
Haste
ItemSet 301437
The posted sets in guide for SA/TA + MS stay rather unchanged. Manibo feet and legs when augmented(Fully, in Attack path) best other current options.

The delve sets are definitely not optimized for old content. I'd use a hybrid of the delve set and the Goal sets for old content. What Arziet posted is a good example of combining sets for old content (but I'd stick to the crit neck/back for TP).

Thanks for the answers, i suggest to put something like that in the guide and i noticed there are several updates to do in the WS sets too, like exenterator can be directly upgraded with the double attack earrings set.

Another request: i've read somewhere that double attack is unconvenient for THF in TP because of the high triple attack rate. Anywhere i can read more about it? I fail to find proofs and tests about it ;o
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 264 265 266