Camping Quu Domi The Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan NM)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Camping Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan NM)
Camping Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan NM)
 Sylph.Cohan
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-06-21 07:56:59
Link | Citer | R

ok everyday after i get off work i try to get this guy to pop, not knowing the ToD i just kill the PH all morning with nothing to show for it.
if i just log on in CO, what do i do to start out?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-21 08:09:00
Link | Citer | R

It's only like a 1h~1h:30min repop. Just make sure you are killing the right PHs. Chances are someone (or multiple people) are always camping it as well, alternating with the other Yag NM in the other room. So just keep killing PHs until something pops up, that's all I can say. If you see someone or people randomly appear while you are killing PHs, you know that it must be close to window time.

I've helped many friends with these NMs and they are a pain in the ***. ><; I'd rather farm the gil and buy the Rare versions.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-21 08:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Really it's all going to be luck based if your going blind without a TOD. These NM's aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, i spent about a week off and on in castle O. before i emerged with both the hands/feet.

Overall the boots aren't camped nearly as much as the hands. If you are just logging on and are unsure of TOD, /sea the zone to get an idea of competition... see if they are AFK. When they start to move be alert.

Best advice i can give.
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-06-21 08:13:50
Link | Citer | R

well someone was there before i was killing the cutters in the list so i was unsure since all the yags were in a group together, that and im not a *** i let him have the area and went to camp emp hairpin nm lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-21 08:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Cutters aren't PHs, lol.
Yagudos are. The feet have two different yag jobs that are PHs, and the hands have the other two jobs on the other side of Castle O.

And when it comes to camping NMs; it's dog eat dog man. Go for it. I know damn well the person there outclaimed other people, sitting there, watching others kill PHs.
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-06-21 08:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Cutters aren't PHs, lol.
Yagudos are. The feet have two different yag jobs that are PHs, and the hands have the other two jobs on the other side of Castle O.

And when it comes to camping NMs; it's dog eat dog man. Go for it. I know damn well the person there outclaimed other people, sitting there, watching others kill PHs.

i know the cutters arent the PHs, they were kill them all causing the grouping to be messed up lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-21 08:26:40
Link | Citer | R

I just ran around killing any of the jobs that the PHs are. Like 2~3 swings as a 75, might as well D:
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-06-21 08:28:33
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
I just ran around killing any of the jobs that the PHs are. Like 2~3 swings as a 75, might as well D:

lol yeah i would but im camping emp pin now lol, need it for eva set up i guess
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-21 08:30:15
Link | Citer | R

I got lucky with that thing. 1/4, had no competition for all 4 hours of trying, and I was Blu/Rng, lol.
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-06-21 08:36:40
Link | Citer | R

38NIN/19RNG lol
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-06-21 08:48:04
Link | Citer | R

Contained here is the most detailed and accurate information on the two Castle O NMs you'll ever find.
[+]
 Fairy.Zervilhaa
Serveur: Fairy
user: Zervilhaa
By Fairy.Zervilhaa 2009-06-21 09:21:19
Link | Citer | R

1/1 on Quu Domi the Galant with 40 minutes of camping.

Easy NM, just kill the right PH's and you are golden (PH's are Herald and Oracle).

I had no ToD for it either. Ok im a TH4+1 THF, and claimed them with Mug/Steal.

In around 4 hours of camping, i got Mee Degi 3 times (0/3) and Quu Domi once..
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-21 09:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Well TH won't matter, since TH increases something dropping from the mob. Since something always drop, if SE makes any sense, TH wouldn't make a difference.

No proof if it does or doesn't, but it would make sense that it wouldn't.
 Quetzalcoatl.Irie
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Galatea
By Quetzalcoatl.Irie 2009-06-21 09:30:54
Link | Citer | R

TH does not affect either of the CO NMs
If a yagudo walks into the moat surrounding the middle, it's a PH.
The little pond ***in the corner doesnt count.
And neither does barely walking into the moat.
I'm talking: straight thru it, over the middle and to the other side.
These 2 NMs walk wherever they want in their room, including the water.

And what the others said.
 Fairy.Zervilhaa
By Fairy.Zervilhaa 2009-06-21 09:32:26
Link | Citer | R

wtf, im not talking having TH to kill the PH <______<
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-21 09:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Well I didn't want you to mislead him since you threw that bit of info in there, that's all. :P
 Fairy.Zervilhaa
By Fairy.Zervilhaa 2009-06-21 09:38:07
Link | Citer | R

Was explaining my "luck" in having 1/1 on Quu Domi, by saying i have Th4.
I'm perfectly aware that TH doesnt affect PH's lol

TH increases the chances/slots of items being dropped by the mobs, as long u are in the hate list of the mob (Chests aren't affected by it).

About Quu Domi, if you are sure you are in the right room, killing the right PH's, just keep ur game on to try and get ToD, easier to camp after
 Quetzalcoatl.Irie
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Galatea
By Quetzalcoatl.Irie 2009-06-21 09:38:22
Link | Citer | R

Angina@ZAM said:
Any job with magic/THF works, too. BLM, DRK, PLD, etc. If you choose this route, make sure you take advantage of your much longer pulling range than anyone using Provoke. Stun, Holy, Poison, Dia, etc., all have a MUCH longer pull range than bolts, Charm, Provoke, etc. This is confirmable using third-party programs like windower distance plugins or FFAssist.

Um... ranged is 24.9, casting is like 21.6 ???
Definitely wrong information there.

And also: TH doesn't effect the NM's, for the good drops atleast... you may get more bead necklaces though.
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-06-21 10:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Zervilhaa said:
Was explaining my "luck" in having 1/1 on Quu Domi, by saying i have Th4.
I'm perfectly aware that TH doesnt affect PH's lol

TH increases the chances/slots of items being dropped by the mobs, as long u are in the hate list of the mob (Chests aren't affected by it).

About Quu Domi, if you are sure you are in the right room, killing the right PH's, just keep ur game on to try and get ToD, easier to camp after

TH doesnt affect the drops on these NMs you just got lucky. Someone could go in with TH+100% and still end up going 1/43 on them. These 2 arent like normal mobs...
 Fairy.Zervilhaa
By Fairy.Zervilhaa 2009-06-21 10:38:19
Link | Citer | R

TH doesnt make items drop because you have TH, increases your odds. Plain and Simple.
 Odin.Dryzt
Serveur: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-06-21 10:44:46
Link | Citer | R

yes, TH increases your odds for an item to drop...but not with these two NMs. since it's a 100% chance that Mee Deggi and Quu Domi will drop an item, your chances can't get any better now, right? it's a matter of which item will drop, something TH does not affect.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-21 11:02:39
Link | Citer | R

For the point:
"Treasure Hunter doesn't increase the drop rate % of an item, but instead gives you more chances to receive the item.
For Example: Say an item has a 5% drop rate. A player without Treasure Hunter gets 1 random "roll" from say 1-100. A roll of 96-100 is required to get the drop (given a 5% chance). Treasure Hunter doesn't increase the %, but rather it gives more random "rolls" increasing the odds much like buying more lottery tickets would increase odds in hitting the jackpot. The percentage is still the same, you just have more chances. This is why when a thief is in a party, there are often more total drops in general."

So TH can affect you getting the drop(others I have talked to confirm) I went 2/2 on Quu as THF/RNG. On Mee Deggi I was 2/7. Both are 1-2hr spawns.

Bring some type of ranged weapon as you have a longer range that way than Magic or Provoke.

Best thing to do is kill the Yags to start. Don't worry about the cutters if someone is killing them. There are mobs below the cutters that can help you keep track of the PH. Thant and it actually helps you by making a shorter WS list.

Patrol from the entrance into the courtyard, up North and to the left towards the Altar Room exit. On both instances he popped in that "L" shaped area for me (once near Altar Rm and other near entrance).
 Fenrir.Didgist
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-06-21 12:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Angina@ZAM said:
Stun, Holy, Poison, Dia, etc., all have a MUCH longer pull range than bolts, Charm, Provoke, etc. This is confirmable using third-party programs like windower distance plugins or FFAssist.

Maybe you should have confirmed more lol
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-21 12:30:29
Link | Citer | R

This NM blows

get ready to blow ***ton of hours camping this dumb *** NM to get nothing

1/20~ on damn gloves

0/30 on this crap
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-06-21 13:00:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm 1/1 on Sarutobi Kyahan. Just ran by, and saw that he was up. So I slapped him once with Sidewinder and lol'd when I got the drop xD - I haven't even thought about lvling sam too lolz
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-06-21 16:32:32
Link | Citer | R

Lethewaters said:
For the point:
"Treasure Hunter doesn't increase the drop rate % of an item, but instead gives you more chances to receive the item.
For Example: Say an item has a 5% drop rate. A player without Treasure Hunter gets 1 random "roll" from say 1-100. A roll of 96-100 is required to get the drop (given a 5% chance). Treasure Hunter doesn't increase the %, but rather it gives more random "rolls" increasing the odds much like buying more lottery tickets would increase odds in hitting the jackpot. The percentage is still the same, you just have more chances. This is why when a thief is in a party, there are often more total drops in general."

So TH can affect you getting the drop(others I have talked to confirm) I went 2/2 on Quu as THF/RNG. On Mee Deggi I was 2/7. Both are 1-2hr spawns.

Bring some type of ranged weapon as you have a longer range that way than Magic or Provoke.

Best thing to do is kill the Yags to start. Don't worry about the cutters if someone is killing them. There are mobs below the cutters that can help you keep track of the PH. Thant and it actually helps you by making a shorter WS list.

Patrol from the entrance into the courtyard, up North and to the left towards the Altar Room exit. On both instances he popped in that "L" shaped area for me (once near Altar Rm and other near entrance).

TH does not help with this mob its all luck. I have camped them for years with numerous setups and TH does not affect them since it will either drop one or the other. You are for certain going to get a drop just might not be the one you want.
 Bahamut.Avenged
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-06-21 17:34:04
Link | Citer | R

concerning the fact that TH helps or not: i always thought TH didn't help. but i heard this rumor that TH2 or something like that increases chances of a dropped tagged as rare. And these are rare/ex so idk >.>
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-21 17:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Avenged said:
concerning the fact that TH helps or not: i always thought TH didn't help. but i heard this rumor that TH2 or something like that increases chances of a dropped tagged as rare. And these are rare/ex so idk >.>

Everything after the bold is hereby invalid.
 Bahamut.Avenged
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Avenged 2009-06-21 17:41:52
Link | Citer | R

oh i know i doubt it too but im jus stating the *bold*rumor*bold* ha.