Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI help
FFXI help
 Asura.Krebons
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-06-18 06:20:00
Link | Citer | R

So i was in kuftal tunnel smacking on some lizzards and bam, i get booted off. i try to get back on character and i get the no response from server message like wtf. So i try and log in on my mule thats on the same account and i get on no problems. anyone have an idea wtf is going on?
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Serveur: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-06-18 07:29:44
Link | Citer | R

Probably an issue with Kuftal Tunnel. Either that, or the old problem that pops up occasionally where some characters get kicked off randomly when they log in. For the record, SE has always denied that problem ever existed, despite it happening to thousands of people every time it rears its ugly head.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-18 07:30:06
Link | Citer | R

was there by chance a server message saying there was going to be a maintenance in that zone? in situations where they do zone/region specific maintenance, like fixing mining glitches or similar things, that specific character woul be booted if in the zone when it starts but a mule in another zone/region would be unaffected.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-06-18 08:29:19
Link | Citer | R

I've had the problem happen a couple times. I'm not sure how long you've been locked out, but it usually resolved itself for me in 15-30 minutes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomaa
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomassin
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomaa 2009-06-18 08:29:48
Link | Citer | R

SE having server problems for sure. Last few days i have been R0ing a lot, for no apparent reason. In the middle of fighting Bhaflau Remnants boss a couple of days ago, i got the red dot next to my name - however connection was @ 100% and S/R was normal. For about a minute at least, then it started to drop. I eventually timed out, getting error code 3113 - Protocol time out error. Today, about an hr and half ago, i was exiting from windy mh and i timed out on the "downloading data" screen. Error code 3001. Since then i have been unable to log on, i just time out. Same thing with 2 of my mules, however my other 3 mules work fine. Contacted SE live chat and they admitted something's going on their side, but they dont know exactly what. Other ppl i talk to, are having odd connection problems aswell.
 Hades.Kvazz
Serveur: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-18 09:23:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm having the same problem.
A GM just told they do have some problems and are working on it, and just said I should try to log in every 10min, so that's what I'm gonna do i guess >_<
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-18 09:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Sounds a lot like the "black zone" issue SE had years ago. Some characters were restricted from areas, while others were not due to what the players assumed was an IP issue. There was no other explanation. For instance, some players could not go into Northern Sandy for anything or else they'd time out in the entering screen. This happened for at least a week before SE stopped saying "It's not a server/SE issue" when thousands and thousands of players complained about it. Few players didn't have at least one black zone (I was on PS2 and didn't get one that I know of), but some players had a good half the areas being them.

Anyway, that's what it sounds like. Hopefully SE hops right on it this time for you guys.
 Ramuh.Mrscoot
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Mrscoot
By Ramuh.Mrscoot 2009-06-18 10:27:04
Link | Citer | R

i tried to zone into jugner forest then get the downloading screen then kicked. but can log into mules no prob.
 Asura.Krebons
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-06-18 21:41:21
Link | Citer | R

ah thanks for the help guys, i kept trying and was able to get back on prolly 30 mins later, then i warped to wg and the same thing happened so i went to bed. Seems to be working fine tho thanks for the imput. and screw you SE >.>
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-06-18 23:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Eternaltriumph said:
Sounds a lot like the "black zone" issue SE had years ago. Some characters were restricted from areas, while others were not due to what the players assumed was an IP issue. There was no other explanation. For instance, some players could not go into Northern Sandy for anything or else they'd time out in the entering screen. This happened for at least a week before SE stopped saying "It's not a server/SE issue" when thousands and thousands of players complained about it. Few players didn't have at least one black zone (I was on PS2 and didn't get one that I know of), but some players had a good half the areas being them.

Anyway, that's what it sounds like. Hopefully SE hops right on it this time for you guys.

I was stuck in South Sandy for quite a while beacuse of this >_>
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-18 23:35:37
Link | Citer | R

I haven't gotten any "black zones" or anything like that, but the R0 thing has been driving me batty over the last few weeks. I know it isn't an issue in my house because I have a network monitor that's running at all times that shows a solid connection, plus Firefox works flawlessly when the game is having fits.

I really wish they would do a good clean overhaul of the servers. They're getting ready to add more content in the July update, and the ***we have now is breaking left and right.

I haven't died yet in game cuz of the R0 ***, but I've come DAAAAAAAAMN close...as have friends of mine at the exact same freaking time on different networks. Annoying...
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-18 23:51:05
Link | Citer | R

im now screwed with this problem as well....

i can log in but i get stuck at oO0 downloading data 0Oo for like 40 seconds then i zone in with red dot... i can move around for like 5 seconds then my R slowly drops to 0.

same thing every time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomaa
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomassin
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomaa 2009-06-19 03:56:41
Link | Citer | R

I was finally able to log on main yesterday after about 5 hours. Haven't tried to log on yet today, really hope this isn't gonna happen again because it was damn annoying. I did some reading on different forums and found a thread about error 3001 on Alla (lolAlla, haven't been there for like a year or something :P), seems a hell of a lot of ppl were experiencing the same problem yesterday.

Uh, checking back on the thread seems the problem is still ongoing ><
Scared to log on now. :(
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-06-19 04:22:08
Link | Citer | R

A couple of people in my LS got similar things happen, 1 got booted in Sandy and couldn't log back in, he had to reinstall FFXI.

Another got booted off while on an Airship, had someone else log them back in so they could get off the airship, only to find out Konschtat Highlands had exploded too >_>
 Garuda.Shizukat
Serveur: Garuda
user: Shizukat
By Garuda.Shizukat 2009-06-19 05:31:31
Link | Citer | R

From what I understand a bit on how things work behind the scenes in FFXI, you make a connection to a different server (game server, not world server) for various zones. Now I've have been having a few problems with R0 a couple of weeks ago, and if I analyzed it, it would seem that during the data routing to one of the servers there was no problem, and some other there were time-out. The time-out would give a explanation for the R0 I'd get.
Now you also have to know that FFXI always has (at least) 2 active connections set up. One for your POL account, and one for your actual character that reconnectes everytime you zone.
So of the zone connection is lost or times out, but your POL connection isn't, the server will try to "wait" for you to be ready, and will keep your character in the zone. So if you log in the same character fast you'll get the character is already logged in message. And if you log in a mule, then you'll just be able to log in, and all of your other charcters that are still active in the world, will be removed.

So logging in a mule, then your main again, helps with that kind of problem. However you can't connect to the zone (due to a hardware routing problem somewhere) there's isn't much you can do, except try to get a GM or friend move you out of the zone.
I once even had that I could zone with the same character on one PC, but not a other one in the same house. Had to flush my dns data to get it back to work.

In short, it's usually a routing problem in between you and SE's servers. Not much you can do except wait.
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-06-19 09:47:55
Link | Citer | R

For the past few weeks, I've been having problems something akin to what everyone else has mentioned. Usually within the first 10 or 15 minutes of logging in, my connestion to the FFXI servers just dies. The game window just completely freezes for about 30 seconds to a minute. Luckily, this hasn't happened to me in the field, only in cities. lol

The worst DC that happened to me was during the ToAU44 Final BC. We were doing a few dry runs to get used to the fight, and after one of my deaths, I DC'd. I wasn't able to log back into my main character for about 10 to 15 minutes, but I could log on to mules. I jumped on my Jeuno mule and talked to my friends during the fight even though my main character was still lying there dead in the ToAU BC. Weird stuff...
 Leviathan.Visente
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Visente
By Leviathan.Visente 2009-06-19 09:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Same thing was happening to me last night and today, L'll be fine no lag for a few minutes. Then all the sudden I r0 and after about a minute or so I come back, this happens every few minutes till around the 4-5th time when it says the server timed out. Was in Yuhtunga Jungle killing Lizard people for Hydro Shot on Blu.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-06-19 09:57:40
Link | Citer | R

my situation resolved itself after about an hour, i hope that never happens again lol.