Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » WTB Chloris buds
WTB Chloris buds
 Phoenix.Terasan
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2013-02-01 01:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Title says it all, wanting to buy Chloris Buds. Willing to pay 300k/each, or send me a PM if you wanna haggle. Thanks much!
 Phoenix.Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2013-02-02 20:21:53
Link | Citer | R

Bumpity~
 Phoenix.Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2013-02-03 12:14:48
Link | Citer | R

Really? No one interested in some easy gil? :(
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-02-03 21:29:25
Link | Citer | R

300k/bud is far from easy gil lol

it's downright insulting tbh
[+]
 Phoenix.Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2013-02-03 22:10:47
Link | Citer | R

OK, then. What is considered reasonable on Carbuncle? Because I think 300k, possibly 600k an hour is pretty damn good. Also says in the OP that I'm willing to haggle. Haven't gotten any hits anyways, so it's kind of a moot point, I just didn't want to harass my friends into doing it.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-02-03 22:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Terasan said: »
OK, then. What is considered reasonable on Carbuncle? Because I think 300k, possibly 600k an hour is pretty damn good. Also says in the OP that I'm willing to haggle. Haven't gotten any hits anyways, so it's kind of a moot point, I just didn't want to harass my friends into doing it.

I sell on carby, but even if it was in the correct forum, I wouldn't bother to contact you as you're in the wrong price universe altogether. 450k bare minimum, 500k low side of reasonable, 600k would be reasonable.

Just the pops are at or near 300k. I could make 300k an hour making all the pops and selling them on the AH.

You haven't had hits because you'd have to be crazy to sell someone the buds at approximately the price of the pops.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-02-03 22:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, the main reason you're not getting any bites is the fact that pop sets are worth about 240k at current AH prices on phoenix. Not accounting for the annoyance farming them and killing them either. I wouldn't really expect many people to take you up on this besides people who got sets from gold boxes and are looking for some lazy gil. I would up it to 500 if you want to avoid farming it yourself, it's probably the worst KI set to farm.
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2013-02-03 22:24:53
Link | Citer | R

I might as well post here instead of make my own thread since I'm on the same server.

This Saturday at 6AM JST I'll be shouting to buy Chloris pops. I have 26 buds left, and I'll buy your pops for 800k each. You can have any +2s (I won't proc yellow though, sorry), and all you have to do is pop it. I'll give you the gil right after you pop and you can be on your way.

My character is on almost all the time, but 99% of that is AFK. You can send me a tell in game and I'll try to get back to you before the listed time, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to do it. If you have a pop please send me a PM on here and I'll be sure to reply. If I have time to do it before the listed time above, I'll probably shout.

Edit: A little update to things in my post a little down the page.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-02-03 22:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Purpleeyes said: »
I might as well post here instead of make my own thread since I'm on the same server.

This Saturday at 6AM JST I'll be shouting to buy Chloris pops. I have 26 buds left, and I'll buy your pops for 800k each. You can have any +2s (I won't proc yellow though, sorry), and all you have to do is pop it. I'll give you the gil right after you pop and you can be on your way.

My character is on almost all the time, but 99% of that is AFK. You can send me a tell in game and I'll try to get back to you before the listed time, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to do it. If you have a pop please send me a PM on here and I'll be sure to reply. If I have time to do it before the listed time above, I'll probably shout.

Outbidding a dude on his own thread. Awesome.
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2013-02-03 22:28:00
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »

Outbidding a dude on his own thread. Awesome.

I didn't want there to be two WTB Chloris Pops on the front page :D Sorry op!
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-02-03 22:29:41
Link | Citer | R

It's not like the thread was of any use at the price he was offering. May as well give it some worth.
 Phoenix.Tzol
user: Tzol
By Phoenix.Tzol 2013-02-03 22:36:06
Link | Citer | R

If it seriously takes you an hour to farm a Chloris pop when you buy all the PIs you're doing it way wrong. I can farm a full Chloris on 3 accounts in an hour if I were to buy everything, red takes less than two minutes on average and killing the NM after that is a joke. >_>

Edit: So assuming you get double buds on each you're talking about a 1mil profit in an hour. If people really pay 600k/bud then ***I don't need to go on NNI runs anymore.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-02-03 22:40:15
Link | Citer | R

500k/bud is quite realistic, I had a few 750k buyers a while ago. 800k/pop is a good amount, I'll probably hit you up with a couple.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-02-03 22:41:14
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Tzol said: »
If it seriously takes you an hour to farm a Chloris pop when you buy all the PIs you're doing it way wrong. I can farm a full Chloris on 3 accounts in an hour if I were to buy everything, red takes less than two minutes on average and killing the NM after that is a joke. >_>

Edit: So assuming you get double buds on each you're talking about a 1mil profit in an hour. If people really pay 600k/bud then ***I don't need to go on NNI runs anymore.

A. No one said it would take more than an hour if you buy your pops.

B. If you buy the pops, you have to subtract their cost from your profits, meaning that a singleboxer made 60k/hour if one bud drops, assuming he was even able to proc every time.

C. Assuming you get double buds is silly.

D. Triboxers are relatively rare, and if most mercs are doing it with 3+ accounts, they'll have to split the gil.

E. My 99 ukon said to tell you that people do indeed pay 600k/bud.

None of that even takes into account that nearly all buyers want 48-50 buds ASAP, so farming straight through, the AH quickly runs out of pops and you then have to start making them from scratch.
 Phoenix.Tzol
By Phoenix.Tzol 2013-02-03 22:50:23
Link | Citer | R

A. No one said it would take more than an hour.

B. If you buy the pops, you have to subtract their cost from your profits, meaning that a singleboxer made 60k/hour if one bud drops, assuming he was even able to proc every time.

D. Triboxers are relatively rare, and if most mercs are doing it with 3+ accounts, they'll have to split the gil.

My point still stands o.o If you don't suck you can do 3 in an hour if you buy everything easy. I'd consider that very easy profit considering it's Abyssea, it's Visions, and the preNMs are honestly not as dicky as others.

Edit: It's more entertaining than sitting in PJ and waiting for some drama to start so I can make some popcorn, at least.
Edit2: Randomly farming pops^
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-02-03 22:57:17
Link | Citer | R

A. No one said it would take more than an hour.

My point still stands o.o If you don't suck you can do 3 in an hour if you buy everything easy. I'd consider that very easy profit considering it's Abyssea, it's Visions, and the preNMs are honestly not as dicky as others.

I'm going to go ahead and say I've merced a lot more Chlorises than you have, and I can say with confidence that 300k with Chloris is not easy money.

You can only do 3 in an hour if you tribox and are lucky with claims. Assuming a dualboxer who buys pops gets a single and a double, he's made 900k gross minus 480k expenses, which is 420k, which is abysmal. At that point, you could have been selling Skins, Lanterns, Gems etc. at a much higher profit with close to zero pop cost.

All of this again ignores the fact that the AH quickly runs out and you have to begin making pops from scratch.

Edit: If you're mercing, you aren't competing with sitting afk in jeuno. You're competing with other moneymaking activities, like farming dyna/farming salvage/selling more profitable emp items.
 Phoenix.Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2013-02-03 22:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Cool, duly noted, I'll just make my LS farm it all. Oh, and thanks for outbidding me in my own thread.
 Phoenix.Tzol
By Phoenix.Tzol 2013-02-03 23:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Not gonna quote for the sake of post length, but you're absolutely right on all fronts. Profits are abysmal, but it's still easy money. I'm talking difficulty here, not profits lol. If I want profits I can just keep raising prices on RCBs and Skillup foods with my cooking alt >.>
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2013-02-04 01:05:48
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Terasan said: »
Cool, duly noted, I'll just make my LS farm it all. Oh, and thanks for outbidding me in my own thread.

I'm actually sorry for that, but I just didn't want to make another thread about the exact same thing.

I hate Chloris. I hate farming his pops. Whenever I'm able to play (JP prime time) there is always competition. Not getting claim 5 times in a row on Chukwa while getting nothing out of chests is frustrating. I have the gil and I don't care about spending whatever it takes for me to finish it.

Sorry for outbidding you, and I hope you can get some help to finish.

So... I'll use this post to update things. If you can kill Chloris for me and all I have to do is come in the zone and lot, I'll pay 600k each bud. I have gil and nothing I really want to buy at the moment anyway. That way I don't have to gear up and can just run in and grab the items. I'd love to finish my weapon by the end of the week.

My brother might be on my character and I told him to go in and buy my stuff if he sees your tell. He won't be able to kill anything though.

TL;DR 800k a pop and I kill. 600k per bud and you kill. If you can kill I can do it anytime I'm home. If not then you'll probably have to wait until the weekend.
[+]
 Phoenix.Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2013-02-04 01:12:00
Link | Citer | R

It's all good, good luck with finding people to sell to ya. Seems like Dramatica's willing to sell ya some :D
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-02-04 05:56:43
Link | Citer | R

I hate Chloris. I hate farming his pops. Whenever I'm able to play (JP prime time) there is always competition. Not getting claim 5 times in a row on Chukwa while getting nothing out of chests is frustrating. I have the gil and I don't care about spending whatever it takes for me to finish it.

Spoken like someone who's actually been farming Chloris.

GL, I'd help you out if you were on Carby :(
By Mookies 2013-02-07 01:31:56
Link | Citer | R

Some people have no concept of how difficult or time consuming some things in this game can be... either because they throw their fish botted gil at it or have their LS do it for them.
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2013-02-09 01:22:04
Link | Citer | R

Finished today. Only have vnms trials to do but that shouldn't take long. Thanks to the people providing pops.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-02-18 15:21:11
Link | Citer | R

im selling c.buds at 400k/drop if it has any interste hit me up in game

however i cna only make 3-4 popset a workday