Jobs That Needs Updates....

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Jobs that needs updates....
Jobs that needs updates....
First Page 2 ... 18 19 20
 Caitsith.Surge
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Surge
By Caitsith.Surge 2009-06-11 23:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Ok i have been playing for three years now and IMO i would like to see the following.

Ninja: A few new job abilities and traits. Heck maybe a spell to get hate better.

Blue Mage: A more indacation on how to learn spells.

Summoner: More Perp cost - gear. Granted the new update for them was awesome i would like to see there per tick cost go down more.

Warrior: The old tank now turned massive DD ummm ya i decent update would help this job a bit.

Merits: I would like to see more of the traits be able to be merited like conserv Mp and Magic ATK bonus to be examples. Heck maybe lower the cost of the Call wyvern ability.

Spells: i would like to see Whm with more merited spells like Town teles would be sorta nice. Nin's should get Utu San os something new since they really need it.

Random things: Lol a new craft would be awesome or like a menu showing you the % on the directions and HQ and such.

I no this thread is pretty long and maybe rediculas but this is whay i think SE should update.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 23:54:38
Link | Citer | R

If by A more indacation on how to learn spells you mean you wanna know how to learn them theres like so much info out there its insane.
nin werent supposed to tank and nin/drk gets hate like no ones business as is.
smn can already get free garuda solo no matter the weather/day what more you want?
Can already merit MAB sorta on blm and conserve mp could get kinda rediculous the more you get.
another utsesmi spell would be rediculous... and some kind of built in parser probably wont happen...
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-11 23:55:31
Link | Citer | R

Didn't SE take Utsu: San away from NIN?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 23:57:34
Link | Citer | R

They never had it. The san line wasn't introduced till merits and anything besides the dmg ones would just be unfair so they didnt do the others
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2009-06-11 23:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Nin never got san, as far as i know.. I know they took Dia III from RDm before they even got it, but i think thats it for taking spells away
 Ifrit.Cesarl
Serveur: Ifrit
user: cesarl
By Ifrit.Cesarl 2009-06-11 23:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Rinnsi said:
Nin never got san, as far as i know.. I know they took Dia III from RDm before they even got it, but i think thats it for taking spells away

Cure V, I think.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-12 00:02:18
Link | Citer | R

ah, was just curious cuz its in the dats
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-12 00:06:39
Link | Citer | R

Theres lots of stuff in the dats that PC never got or didn't get till way later... and yes rdm did used to have cure5 but people thought it detracted from whm so they took it away and gave us tier3 nukes. The dats are just there for the mobs to have something too.
 Ifrit.Fiyerooz
user: Fiyerooz
By Ifrit.Fiyerooz 2009-06-12 00:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Give Dual wield to THF and BLU. Maybe at like level 40 so it would only be if you have it set as your main job. For too long NIN has hogged all the dual wielding ability.

Maybe make the BLU 2hr "Azure Lore" do something useful...like allow use of all BLU spells, not just what you have set.

(Can you tell I'm a Blue Mage haha)
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 00:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Fiyerooz said:
Give Dual wield to THF and BLU. Maybe at like level 40 so it would only be if you have it set as your main job. For too long NIN has hogged all the dual wielding ability.

Don't know about BLU necessarily, but yeah, THF should definitely have dual wield. What, is a THF gonna use shield? LOL
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2009-06-12 00:31:38
Link | Citer | R

Redmage had flash as well at some point long ago, can you see pld not being the best tank if we still had that? ;)
[+]
 Garuda.Amara
Serveur: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-12 00:32:55
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Fiyerooz said:

Don't know about BLU necessarily, but yeah, THF should definitely have dual wield. What, is a THF gonna use shield? LOL

Hey hey... Don't laugh at thf using a shield... we have a mighty skill of 189... nvm... Dual Wield {Can I have it?}
 Odin.Ahligieri
Serveur: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-06-12 00:34:16
Link | Citer | R

Not a job update really, but..

Ridill..sup, blue mages.

Seriously SE what the *** @ no BLU on Ridill.
[+]
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-12 00:35:19
Link | Citer | R

Ahligieri said:

Ridill..sup, blue mages.

Seriously SE what the *** @ no BLU on Ridill.

Alot of gear needs to have what jobs can use it updated... sch and dnc get shafted.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 00:36:01
Link | Citer | R

Amara said:
Hey hey... Don't laugh at thf using a shield... we have a mighty skill of 189... nvm... Dual Wield {Can I have it?}

I got to experience the joy of helping a THF skill his shield skill up for his Maat fight. He hadn't used a shield since...you guessed it, level 20. Yeah, that was pretty lame lol
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 00:37:05
Link | Citer | R

Amara said:
Alot of gear needs to have what jobs can use it updated... sch and dnc get shafted.

Truth.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-12 00:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Ahligieri said:
Justice Sword..sup, blue mages.

Seriously SE what the *** @ no BLU on Justice Sword.

ftfy. Ridill's kinda w/e to me, but the fact that THF can use Justice Sword and we can't pisses me off.

Improving Azure Lore would be nice too, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Meh on Ridill for odds of me obtaining one, mostly. I wouldn't complain if I was able to use it. Justice Sword has that sexy STR+7 though...
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-12 00:45:25
Link | Citer | R

As long as you're willing to farm the virtue stones... Yes Justice sword would be better then Ridill for blu... Hi2u Str+7.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Serveur: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-06-12 00:52:14
Link | Citer | R

Amara said:
As long as you're willing to farm the virtue stones... Yes Justice sword would be better then Ridill for blu... Hi2u Str+7.

Lol snap I didn't even know it had 7 str on it. I saw it wasn't blu equippable so I stopped caring immediately. But yeah, justice would be pretty hot.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-06-12 01:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Samurai needs a buff! WHERE IS MY GIL TOSS, SE
WE ARE NOT PRO ENOUGH YET BAWWW
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-06-12 01:12:00
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I'm a gimp THF I guess, in that on my mule, I like THF/WAR with Dagger/Viking. My playstyle perference, I assume.
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-12 01:24:00
Link | Citer | R

Shield is ok for certain things, I go thf/war or thf/drk for gods in sky with either viking or tatami shield equiped for the extra attack or stat boots, but for normal day to day things, I much prefer /nin with my 2 daggers and some bloody bolts if I don't have a pocket rdm or whm around. I don't always use my shadows... but seriously thf looks much better with 2 daggers equiped then 1 dagger and a shield...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 01:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Kyaaadaa said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I'm a gimp THF I guess, in that on my mule, I like THF/WAR with Dagger/Viking. My playstyle perference, I assume.

Your preference is perfectly valid, I'm just saying almost every THF I've ever seen is /NIN with dual daggers. They might as well just give them dual wield and let them play around with some other subs more.

Plus shield is SO not a THF type thing to me.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-06-12 01:30:13
Link | Citer | R

You know what I'd really like to see as an update for NIN (Since NIN never gets updates)? Throwing weapon skills. NIN has the highest throwing skill and it could potentially help with hate control. Since its the only weapon combat skill that doesn't have weapon skill, it could be interesting.
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-12 01:31:05
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

un gimp NIN damnit seriously it started off as a badass job then suddenly it got gimped hardcore =/

Givez us something!!!
 Garuda.Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-12 01:31:46
Link | Citer | R

Feifongwong said:
You know what I'd really like to see as an update for NIN (Since NIN never gets updates). Throwing weapon skills. NIN has the highest throwing skill and it could potentially help with hate control. Since its the only weapon combat skill that doesn't have weapon skill, it could be interesting.

Throwing WS have been asked for before... for like the last 3-4+ years... I doubt they'll give them to us now... That along with throwing items that are decent yet still affordable as well would be nice.
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-06-12 01:33:55
Link | Citer | R

Amara said:
Feifongwong said:
You know what I'd really like to see as an update for NIN (Since NIN never gets updates). Throwing weapon skills. NIN has the highest throwing skill and it could potentially help with hate control. Since its the only weapon combat skill that doesn't have weapon skill, it could be interesting.

Throwing WS have been asked for before... for like the last 3-4+ years... I doubt they'll give them to us now... That along with throwing items that are decent yet still affordable as well would be nice.

Oh I understand its been asked for before. I think it would be really nice to see. Also it wouldn't be something that would break NIN, like say adding Utsusemi: San.
[+]
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-06-12 01:40:35
Link | Citer | R

Thunderz said:
un gimp NIN damnit seriously it started off as a badass job then suddenly it got gimped hardcore =/

Givez us something!!!

It's probably just my opinion, and one that is widely reviewed on my server to completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but = tank = gtfo my game. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why NINs would want to tank. You have no HP, you have no DEF, you have no means to keep yourself alive should your shadows fail. SE had a great concept with NINs as another front line support job, but the execution failed miserably. Those who play NIN usually do so with the idea of tanking, not for parsing damage like they could or should. Whether it was a player invention or somehow related to SE, the perversion of NIN to the role of tank is one of this game's cardinal sins.
[+]
 Hades.Kvazz
Serveur: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-06-12 01:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Theres lots of stuff in the dats that PC never got or didn't get till way later... and yes rdm did used to have cure5 but people thought it detracted from whm so they took it away and gave us tier3 nukes. The dats are just there for the mobs to have something too.

They took that away from us before we even got it:( RDM was on the scroll, but when they raised the level-cap, they took RDM away from it, so we never actually got to use it.
Ilvex said:
Redmage had flash as well at some point long ago, can you see pld not being the best tank if we still had that? ;)

And RDM did not have flash, i checked the logs, and when the scroll first came out, it was just for PLD and WHM, no RDM on that scroll.

Edit: http://www.playonline.com/comnewsus/200312162201.html <-----
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-12 01:44:32
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Kyaaadaa said:
Thunderz said:

Givez us something!!!

It's probably just my opinion, and one that is widely reviewed on my server to completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but = tank = gtfo my game. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why NINs would want to tank. You have no HP, you have no DEF, you have no means to keep yourself alive should your shadows fail. SE had a great concept with NINs as another front line support job, but the execution failed miserably. Those who play NIN usually do so with the idea of tanking, not for parsing damage like they could or should. Whether it was a player invention or somehow related to SE, the perversion of NIN to the role of tank is one of this game's cardinal sins.

point is pretty simple. No PLD seeking, no party right?!

So people noticed nin could potentially tank so there you go we made a 2nd tank out of thin air

some stuff PLDs can't straight tank so NINs can also work on that

Subtle blow is amazing vs TP spamming NMs! but just to point out if SE introduced a 2nd TANK ninja wouldn't be force to do what it does
First Page 2 ... 18 19 20