(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 200 201 202 ... 203 204 205
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-07-19 13:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Gryndrom said: »
Side note, might be able to get slightly more suicidal during the Drain 3 SD set, with one of Rancorous mantle/ring, Eluder's satchet, and AV's Minerva Ring

Edit: Though, you'd have to get hit for 1250+ for Eluder's to start outperforming Tiphia. Lol

Might as well, there isn't a cap as far as I could tell in my tests for Damage Taken +.
 Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Merritt95
By Ragnarok.Ragingmonkey 2021-07-19 15:52:34
Link | Citer | R

I mean, there isn't a cap to DT+, but your maximum HP kinda works like one...
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-19 16:51:55
Link | Citer | R

All this Scarlet Delirium talk must scare White Mages to death.
 Asura.Mims
Serveur: Asura
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-07-21 09:13:25
Link | Citer | R

As someone who plays White Mage, things like Scarlet Delirium and Souleater are fine when we know they are coming and can plan around them. When you try to use them at stupid times and get yourself splattered like a pancake, we can point and laugh at "That suicidal dumbass" and make old school emodrk jokes. When you suicide like a dumbass AND THEN blame us for it, you can get /blisted and *** off for eternity.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-21 09:27:07
Link | Citer | R

Talking about it is all I can do, I have no balls to actually use this set in any serious scenario :D
By zigzagzig 2021-07-21 10:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Cata is for Drk Girl.....

Real DRK use a Spoon..... ^^;
By Gryndrom 2021-07-21 11:25:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mims said: »
When you try to use them at stupid times and get yourself splattered like a pancake, we can point and laugh at "That suicidal dumbass" and make old school emodrk jokes.
My dumbass likes to run /MNK occasionally for counterstance and scarlet shenanigans with Apoc. It is suicidal enough between cata whiffing and counter failing, but I still try to intentionally turn and take a big (hopefully non-crit, non-multihit) attack for scarlet. lmfao

I deserve every death, but it does make me smile.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-21 12:00:08
Link | Citer | R

I never tried to gear for Scarlet Delirium, and some say it doesn't work like some were gearing for it. How do you best gear and time this without going incredibly over the top?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-21 12:44:16
Link | Citer | R

I have two sets; one where the only difference is I remove my visible slots, and a second one where I put on non-ilvl DT+ gear.

The former set is pretty safe outside of a few very hard hitters if youd healer is attentivs, whils the second set is very dangerous on relevant content but gives huge rewards if you pull it off.
[+]
By Gryndrom 2021-07-21 13:05:59
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if there is a good flow chart for using it.

I usually use when I'm D3ed/Dread spiked up and try to specifically time Scarlet>WS>suicide swap between the mob melee rounds and immediately change back. I generally feel safe enough to equip as much as damage taken as I can if I'm aiming to charge off of an auto attack and don't think the mob can TP.

If the mob has a telegraphed AoE, long cast or HP percent mechanic, you might feel ballsy and go for the swap.

But, if the situation is dangerous enough, most of us will probably just let Scarlet catch whatever it can and not risk it.

Like others have posted, gear wise it is mainly just the old 72 DRK JSE and extra accessories. As for how much to use, probably depends on the content, your playstyle, and how reckless you are feeling. lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-21 14:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, I'll start with something not so crazy, but enough to lose more damage than usual. I don't like being a burden to my healers, but I want more damage too, so finding the balance is important.
 Siren.Kyten
Serveur: Siren
user: Kyten
By Siren.Kyten 2021-07-26 15:27:23
Link | Citer | R

What does a current Cala TP set look like for w3 dyna look like? I used DRK for the first time in Dynamis W3 last night and I struggled to even get close to 85% ACC with proper buffs. My current TP set looks like this:

ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Sakpata's Helm",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
legs="Sakpata's Cuisses",
feet="Sakpata's Leggings",
neck={ name="Abyssal Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear="Telos Earring",
right_ear="Cessance Earring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+30 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-07-26 15:31:39
Link | Citer | R

ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Flamma Zucchetto +2",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
legs="Ig. Flanchard +3",
feet="Flamma gambieras +2",
waist="Ioskeha belt +1",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-26 15:36:26
Link | Citer | R

Sakpata has low accuracy even at R20 simply because of the very low DEX. You're not going to want to use 5/5 in evasive content unless you can make up for the accuracy, whether that be with extra buffs/debuffs or going maximum accuracy in accessory slots.
By mhomho 2021-07-26 15:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
maximum accuracy
.... Ragnarok?
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-07-26 15:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Flamma Zucchetto +2",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
legs="Ig. Flanchard +3",
feet="Flamma gambieras +2",
waist="Ioskeha belt +1",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

I concur, this is basically my ACC set. Works very well.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-26 15:41:17
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
maximum accuracy
.... Ragnarok?
If you figure out how to use Ragnarok in an accessory slot, by all means.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-26 15:42:06
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyten said: »
What does a current Cala TP set look like for w3 dyna look like? I used DRK for the first time in Dynamis W3 last night and I struggled to even get close to 85% ACC with proper buffs. My current TP set looks like this:

ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Sakpata's Helm",
body="Sakpata's Plate",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+30 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

question #1: what does your group consider 'proper buffs'? I'm assuming HM/VM/Min5/Blade Madrigal

question #2" is you group bringing a RDM? I find Distract 3 almost a necessity on at least half the NMs in wave3 when I'm on DRK.

question #3: what is your food choice?
-----------------------
suggestion #1: swap legs for AF+3- they have more natural accuracy, and swap Moonlight Ring for Regal Ring for set bonus accuracy above that. This also allows swapping Sailfi+1 for Ioskeha+1 in the waist slot due to 1% more haste on AF+3 legs vs Sakpata legs.

Assuming non-augmented Sakpata legs:

-40 acc(sakpata) vs 49acc(af+3) raw
-15 DEX on AF+3 legs (~11 acc extra)
+15 from set bonus with regal ring, along with 10 dex (~7acc). ~22 acc resulting from ring slot vs 8 from Moonlight.
+17 acc by switching from Sailfi+1 to Ioskeha+1 with minimal loss to multiattack.

So total, just swapping the legs allows two other +acc swaps with manageable loss to DPS, which result in a total gain of around ~51 accuracy.
 Siren.Kyten
Serveur: Siren
user: Kyten
By Siren.Kyten 2021-07-26 15:49:27
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Siren.Kyten said: »

ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Sakpata's Helm",
body="Sakpata's Plate",

question #1: what does your group consider 'proper buffs'? I'm assuming HM/VM/Min5/Blade Madrigal

question #2" is you group bringing a RDM? I find Distract 3 almost a necessity on at least half the NMs in wave3 when I'm on DRK.

question #3: what is your food choice?
-----------------------
suggestion #1: swap legs for AF+3- they have more natural accuracy, and swap Moonlight Ring for Regal Ring for set bonus accuracy above that. This also allows swapping Sailfi+1 for Ioskeha+1 in the waist slot due to 1% more haste on AF+3 legs vs Sakpata legs.

Assuming non-augmented Sakpata legs:

-40 acc(sakpata) vs 49acc(af+3) raw
-15 DEX on AF+3 legs (~11 acc extra)
+15 from set bonus with regal ring, along with 10 dex (~7acc). ~22 acc resulting from ring slot vs 8 from Moonlight.
+17 acc by switching from Sailfi+1 to Ioskeha+1 with minimal loss to multiattack.

So total, just swapping the legs allows two other +acc swaps with manageable loss to DPS, which result in a total gain of around ~51 accuracy.

1. Yes, we use have 4 songs.

2. Yes, we always try and bring a RDM to wave 3.

3. I was using grape daifuku.

I was using full sakpata and maybe a little too conservative on trying to stay alive. I think those swaps should make a big difference.
[+]
By Taeketsu 2021-08-22 14:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Can someone give me some tips on my accuracy sets or maybe even some hybrid DT/accuracy sets?

I've been doing solo Sov. Behemoth on my MNK, tried on DRK and I couldn't hit the 1400+ accuracy needed and was whiffing constantly. Here are my sets below, I've been out of the game for a bit so I apologize for being lazy in advance but if anyone can point me to some advice I'd appreciate it

Calad -----
sets.engaged.CaladAcc = { main={ name="Caladbolg", augments={'Path: A',}},
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Flam. Zucchetto +2",
body={ name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Accuracy+24','"Dbl.Atk."+5','STR+1',}},
hands="Sulev. Gauntlets +2",
legs="Ig. Flanchard +3",
feet="Flam. Gambieras +2",
neck={ name="Abyssal Beads +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear="Cessance Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},}

Apoc-----
sets.engaged.ApocAcc = { main="Apocalypse",
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Flam. Zucchetto +2",
body={ name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Accuracy+24','"Dbl.Atk."+5','STR+1',}},
legs="Ig. Flanchard +3",
feet="Flam. Gambieras +2",
neck={ name="Abyssal Beads +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear="Cessance Earring",
right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},}
 Phoenix.Oolie
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oolster
By Phoenix.Oolie 2021-08-22 16:31:35
Link | Citer | R

Taeketsu said: »
Can someone give me some tips on my accuracy sets or maybe even some hybrid DT/accuracy sets?

Just a cursory glance... Swap to an Acc. ammo piece, switch all your flamma and DM gear to Sakpata, a second chirich ring, and put the extra 10 acc on your Ambu cape. Should net you a bit more.

Edit: This will still put you pretty far away from your goal of 1400.. going to have to use sushi as well.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-08-22 19:41:24
Link | Citer | R

You could gain a bit more ACC with Emicho+1 body/hands.
By SimonSes 2021-08-23 04:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oolie said: »
Edit: This will still put you pretty far away from your goal of 1400.. going to have to use sushi as well.

Just want to point out that DRK has those cool spells called Absorbs :)

With this set:

Apocalypse
Utu
Seething Bomblet +1
Full Sakpata R20 5/5
Chirirch ring +1 x2
Ankou's 30acc/20dex
Ioskeha belt +1
Schere earring R15+
Dignitary's earring
Abyssal neck +2 R25

which isn't exactly highest accuracy at all. Its more of a set that I would think is best suited for both accuracy and soloing Behemoth. So beside accuracy also tons of meva and DT and with pretty high Subtle Blow on top of that.

Anyway with this set and using Dark Seal + Nether Void + Liberator and pretty good set for Absorb-Acc and same set, but without buffs for Absorb-Dex, I was able to reach 1395 accuracy WITHOUT food. With Sublime sushi that would be around 1500. There is also another +15 accuracy from Catastrophe Aftermath. So its way above 1400 threshold, even if you dont have Liberator for Absorbs.
By Starbucks 2021-08-23 05:43:30
Link | Citer | R

I've been doing solo Sov. Behemoth on my MNK, tried on DRK and I couldn't hit the 1400+ accuracy needed and was whiffing constantly.
This is my experience with Gin, and nothing I could do made it viable to use over MNK or WAR. I just could not get enough accuracy (using Calad, don't have Apoc).
By SimonSes 2021-08-23 05:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Starbucks said: »
I've been doing solo Sov. Behemoth on my MNK, tried on DRK and I couldn't hit the 1400+ accuracy needed and was whiffing constantly.
This is my experience with Gin, and nothing I could do made it viable to use over MNK or WAR. I just could not get enough accuracy (using Calad, don't have Apoc).

Gin is slightly worse, because it has high Dark res, so even with Dark seal you will probably only get 3min duration on Absorb-Acc and it will be hard to land Absorb-Dex without dark seal at all. You can do both buffs before going up to Gin floor tho, Absorb-Acc duration with right set is 7min+ (You can probably even push it more with Onyx gear) and Absorb-Dex is 6min. You can then recast Absorb-acc on Gin for 3min+ duration, so you should have it up for ~10min.
On Behemoth it should be easily doable tho. With Liberator used for those buffs, its a little over +120 accuracy I think (92 from Absorb-acc and ~30 from Absorb-dex).
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-08-23 07:16:16
Link | Citer | R

Dude said he’s been out of the game for a bit, going to go ahead and assume he doesn’t have Sakpata lol.
[+]
By Starbucks 2021-08-23 07:57:39
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Starbucks said: »

Gin is slightly worse, because it has high Dark res, so even with Dark seal you will probably only get 3min duration on Absorb-Acc and it will be hard to land Absorb-Dex without dark seal at all. You can do both buffs before going up to Gin floor tho, Absorb-Acc duration with right set is 7min+ (You can probably even push it more with Onyx gear) and Absorb-Dex is 6min. You can then recast Absorb-acc on Gin for 3min+ duration, so you should have it up for ~10min.
On Behemoth it should be easily doable tho. With Liberator used for those buffs, its a little over +120 accuracy I think (92 from Absorb-acc and ~30 from Absorb-dex).
I don't know what it is really, there's not that much difference in acc in gear between WAR and DRK when I was using full Sakpata and the same aug backs on each, and Diabolic Eye is basically the same as Aggressor. I was missing a lot of Tocleaver too but can't remember if I was using full dmg WS set (low acc on my augmented head/hands) or if I locked into Sakpata full time.
I can solo it on SAM no problem also.
By SimonSes 2021-08-23 10:52:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Dude said he’s been out of the game for a bit, going to go ahead and assume he doesn’t have Sakpata lol.

The point of my post was to show that he should use absorb spells to gain lots of accuracy and then even in mediocre accuracy set like Sakpata, you can get into 1500 range with food and Apocalypse (slightly less without Liberator).
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-08-23 11:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Gazu Bracelet +1 R15
also comes with a haste surplus so you can use some Hjarrandi iyw
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-08-23 13:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
Gazu Bracelet +1 R15
also comes with a haste surplus so you can use some Hjarrandi iyw

Code
sets.engaged.PDT ={
={
    main={ name="Father Time", augments={'Path: B',}},
    sub="Utu Grip",
    ammo={ name="Seeth. Bomblet +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    head="Hjarrandi Helm",
    body="Hjarrandi Breast.",
    legs="Ig. Flanchard +3",
    feet={ name="Carmine Greaves +1", augments={'HP+80','MP+80','Phys. dmg. taken -4',}},
    left_ear="Brutal Earring",
    back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

I think this was my old set. I used the Carmine+1 for a blend of DA/STP/PDT.

But you can probably also use Valorous as well.

It put me at -32% DT
Along with -14% PDT

Acc wasn't the greatest

I do like the idea of using Gazu Bracelets though. It lets you get some store tp back on the ammo slot, and gives you more flexibility on the feet slot.
First Page 2 3 ... 200 201 202 ... 203 204 205