Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Nuking Weapon
Nuking Weapon
By itchi508 2013-02-25 10:44:29
Link | Citer | R

Well
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Should be using the obi for the day with twilight cape and go as blm/sch as a priority
of course obi would be placed in where/when but basic set (i didn list obi due to common sense of day/weather)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By itchi508 2013-02-25 10:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
itchi508 said: »
Meteor is not all about MaB do testing before choosing your equiptment. Dorje or leviathan are used to fill the MaB needed wile building a strong INT set in equiptment, Lack of INT will result in a resist.

Meteor can not be resisted. INT is a valuable part of the formula, but that isn't why.

If you or anyone have info or advice to improve id like to see the results to improve my own set iv created and tested. Im just putting up my own results from testing

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-02-25 11:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
BGwiki Meteor Page
  • Unlike other nukes, elemental magic skill contributes directly to Meteor base damage, and the damage is independent of the enemy's INT.

• Excluding MDB and MDT effects, each BLM's base damage can be approximated as: (1+MAB/100)*floor(INT + Elemental Magic Skill/6)*3.5

• The base damage from each BLM is multiplied by up to 6.5 depending on the number of casters and their positions in the casting order.

Thankyou! The main problem is tho. Areas you cant get enough skill to out perform my build you would substitute with mab or int because the value of some may out perform another. then the question comes to which you choose to fit your build int or mab. Since lot of gear has low amount of +skill its hard to fill the gap.since most gear has high MaB or INT it comes down to INT Vs MaB Vs Skill calculations. Like say nares hat out performs Sourcers hat +2. Iv done testing before thinking Sourcers "should" be ideal. Or also say wizard gloves +1 (int 3~ skill +15) would be great But sacrificing say nares or AF3 gloves for 15skill is not worth it. the int = MAB has higher value and demand than the elemental Skill you may gain from the example i gave. I am still in testing meteor and acquiring new peaces that could be improvements and hopefully upcoming new content will give more skill on equipment.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
By Chimerawizard 2013-04-17 07:08:46
Link | Citer | R

itchi508 said: »
If you or anyone have info or advice to improve id like to see the results to improve my own set iv created and tested. Im just putting up my own results from testing
ItemSet 284116
was the best #s I could make for a meteor build when I tried.

Edit: weapon augmented with INT+18 MAB+30
 Cerberus.Bikpik
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2013-04-18 07:00:12
Link | Citer | R

Did you take a look at this Lehbrailg? Apparently it can get more MAB from augmenting.
By Chimerawizard 2013-04-18 13:02:47
Link | Citer | R

I know, mythic has the bonus while under elemental seal though. Can't cast meteor without it so, gotta include it.

But, that is just a dream set. A set including Lehbrailg is 1000x more realistic.

Edit: I guess mythic can get 110 MAB overall if you have max MAB aftermath
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-18 13:20:10
Link | Citer | R

I think the best Lehbrailg we've seen actually ends up beating non-AM Mythic for Meteor unless you have more than 420 INT.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-18 14:35:57
Link | Citer | R

I made a mistake and forgot to account for native MAB and MAB from gear! I assumed +70MAB from gear and accounted for +40 from traits skirmish Staff beats non AM3 Mythic assuming <= 213 INT.
By Chimerawizard 2013-04-19 10:38:48
Link | Citer | R

wow, just looked up the max posted skirmish weapon on AH.com and... HOLY HELL! int 18 mab30 is more than I remember seeing when I had looked by a little bit... ya. Laevateinn has been kicked to the curb...unless you got some abyssea buffs going for you. or AM2 aftermath.
max damage I could find swapping gear around with Mythic w/o aftermath was 2837.
max w/ Lehbrailg with best augment was 2851.
done w/ hume blm/smn INT (think /sch is same but I know smn has max)
max INT & elemental skill merits.

TY sylow. I were wrong.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-20 20:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Will that staff beat ToM in any situation? and if it does, would it also beat chatoyant? Normal nukes. Not meteor