Witful Belt Or Witch Sash + Impatiens

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Witful Belt or Witch Sash + Impatiens
Witful Belt or Witch Sash + Impatiens
By Mysticales 2012-12-13 23:51:36
Link | Citer | R

Having a bit of a debate with myself. Normally I play WHM and RDM. Just finally got BLM up there. So here I am wondering. I am used to using Witful Belt and Impatiens which has helped nicely nuke faster (And still doing over 2k on V spells) However I cant ignore this Witch Sash either now which has the INT, MND, M.Crit and M.Acc. Now I am sure I could use the sash more on my RDM since I should already have a good fast cast with it and more M.Acc is always good. Just for BLM I dont know which is better.

Any advice would be great. =)
 Phoenix.Ninjie
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: ninjie
By Phoenix.Ninjie 2012-12-13 23:57:25
Link | Citer | R

precast in impatiens witful and swap to witch sash and mab ammo piece midcast?
[+]
By Mysticales 2012-12-14 00:20:59
Link | Citer | R

Well of course, macro spellcasting would let me do both, but for times when Im not using all macro and just straight casting, trying to figure which one would be more ideal to use if it was one or the other.
 Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sephyrus
By Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro 2012-12-14 00:28:00
Link | Citer | R

Nuking without switching gear? Witch Sash.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-12-14 00:37:58
Link | Citer | R

If you set up spellcast, you can have your gear swap automatically when not using macros. If you are no on PC {I'm sorry}.
 Asura.Tamoa
Serveur: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-12-14 01:16:42
Link | Citer | R

Neither Witful Belt nor Impatiens does anything for your nukes other than occasionally make them instant-cast (belt giving you some fast cast too). And for elemental magic, that is utterly useless in my opinion. So my advice is to nuke in Witch Sash (or preferable an even better waistpiece) and something like a Witchstone instead, on both jobs.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-12-14 01:37:50
Link | Citer | R

you dont need spellcast to swap gear
 Phoenix.Salmijr
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2012-12-14 02:03:13
Link | Citer | R

If he is casting from the menu, he does.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-12-14 02:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Salmijr said: »
If he is casting from the menu, he does.

Doesn't. Just needs to use Macros to swap gear. I did it long before I used Spellcast. The only spells I've ever used macros for are Stun, Sleep, Bind, Sleepga and Gravity (as BLM). All my other macros were for changing gear.

I used 2~3 different macro sets to use varying MAcc options. The only things I had trouble with were Obi's/Uggalepih Pendant, which is when I opted to get Spellcast (which later helped with Sorc Ring aswell).
By Mysticales 2012-12-14 02:23:25
Link | Citer | R

Hrm, Im still new to spellcast, didnt know I could get it to where it sets gear based on menu casted spells. Wonder how I get that configured and learn. (Im used to making some handy scripts for other stuff I do)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-12-14 02:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Spellcast watches for any issued command, whether it's from a Menu or Macro. As long as your Spellcast rules (the stuff that does the work) recognises something you're wanting, it'll act on it.

I know there's a few problems with Spellcast atm though, so it may or may not be working for you, depending on what you're wanting it to do.
 Siren.Stunx
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-12-14 02:54:42
Link | Citer | R

dont gear precast items if ur not gonna precast and swap after lol.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-12-14 03:07:06
Link | Citer | R

I never liked instacast for nukes because if it occurs, you will nuke in your precast set. I concur with Stunx in that if you are not intending to do a precast/midcast, don't gear for precast.

As for the initial question, Witch Sash + damage ammo > Witful Belt + Impatiens.

I will add though that there are many easy to obtain improvements to Witch Sash. Magic criticals are terrible and are not worth gearing for. A magic crit is +10MAB, so 2% magic crit averages out to 0.2 MAB.

In terms of damage, your best belts will probably go something like this (best>weakest):
Elemental Obis when weather/day
maniacus sash
othila sash
oneiros sash
wanion belt
aswang sash
cognition belt
searing sash
sanctuary obi +1
witch sash

Edit: Added Obis for people who are being silly.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-14 03:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
I never liked instacast for nukes because if it occurs, you will nuke in your precast set. I concur with Stunx in that if you are not intending to do a precast/midcast, don't gear for precast.

As for the initial question, Witch Sash + damage ammo > Witful Belt + Impatiens.

I will add though that there are many easy to obtain improvements to Witch Sash. Magic criticals are terrible and are not worth gearing for. A magic crit is +10MAB, so 2% magic crit averages out to 0.2 MAB.

In terms of damage, your best belts will probably go something like this (best>weakest):
maniacus sash
othila sash
oneiros sash
wanion belt
aswang sash
cognition belt
searing sash
sanctuary obi +1
witch sash

Nobody uses elemental obi's anymore?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-12-14 03:10:29
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

maniacus sash
othila sash
oneiros sash
wanion belt
aswang sash
cognition belt
searing sash
sanctuary obi +1
witch sash

Nobody uses elemental obi's anymore?
Only a fool doesn't use obis when weather/day.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-14 03:12:55
Link | Citer | R

Hence my point, and with /sch you can have all the storms these days, no? I mean that 10% alone should win over any of these belts no? Didn't they increase duration of storm spells or isn't it still at least decent?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-12-14 03:15:37
Link | Citer | R

Hence my point, and with /sch you can have all the storms these days, no? I mean that 10% alone should win over any of these belts no? Didn't they increase duration of storm spells or isn't it still at least decent?
Answered your own question, there.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-12-14 03:16:46
Link | Citer | R

Base duration is 3min, and only Sch (and I suppose Rdm) can increase duration.

Obi's are obvious winners when applicable, but if you are casting different elements, or not in a situation with day/weather, they are worthless.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-14 03:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Base duration is 3min, and only Sch (and I suppose Rdm) can increase duration.

Obi's are obvious winners when applicable, but if you are casting different elements, or not in a situation with day/weather, they are worthless.

I think I'd take a relatively short casting spell to outshine every belt in slot (as well as twilight cape, no?). But that's just me. I was simply a nuke happy sch.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-12-14 03:21:03
Link | Citer | R

Should have another belt for when obis are not working unless you intend to always be /sch and cast new weather ever time you use a different element.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-14 03:23:45
Link | Citer | R

lol to be honest, I usually stuck to what the mob was weak to (generally ice or thunder, as that basically applies to all mobs), kept up that storm and that obi, and rotated t4 and 5. Sch can manage that mp sink pretty decently. *shrug*. I would think blm wouldn't have this issue. Sorry for the massive derail.
By Mookies 2012-12-14 04:30:04
Link | Citer | R

I like to use fastcast/macc/instant cast gear when trying to proc in VW and Abby on any caster (especially with hard to land spells). I also have a macro set to switch to my nuke gear during whites or when we need to kill.

Shouldn't be too invasive to have two sets of macros for the two types of gear, depending on what you're doing.
By Mysticales 2012-12-14 14:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Mookies said: »
I like to use fastcast/macc/instant cast gear when trying to proc in VW and Abby on any caster (especially with hard to land spells). I also have a macro set to switch to my nuke gear during whites or when we need to kill.

Shouldn't be too invasive to have two sets of macros for the two types of gear, depending on what you're doing.

Thanks. =) yea I guess I shouldve said "I plan to if I use BLM is prob more for Aby use when I am with Shandok for Duoing seals" Which the fastcast could help on.

However I did gain some insight to better waist items. Thanks Thoraeon. I may try to get the Oneiros Sash. Then just save the Witch Sash for use on my RDM. (If that sounds solid? I play my RDM more for soloing anyways, so I try to keep a balance of int/mnd nukeable MAB gear with some healing skill perks.)

And of course I know about obis. =) I just havent got around to collecting em all yet. For me my WHM and RDM had a higher priority heh.

Now this is only about a weeks worth of setting up my BLM (Since I just took it from 49 to 99 to finish it off), so its not much, but this is what I am using right now.