Favorite Pizza Places.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Favorite Pizza Places.
Favorite Pizza Places.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-11-11 09:50:47
Link | Citer | R

Beau Jo's is a local chainish place around here. It's kind of it's own unique style of piles and piles of yum. What I love about it is that you can be as ridiculous and decadent as you like - there's absolutely nothing wrong with 4 inches of cheese.

I'm sorry to anyone that I made think about pizza at inappropriate times. It's really mean - I hate being hungry in the middle of the night, but it's kind of fun since I said that this could be a fun thread, then I just went to sleep, leaving you guys to suffer. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Tsuji
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2012-11-11 10:06:17
Link | Citer | R

I don't mind Domino's Pizza, but I REALLY like Apache Pizza's. God their stuff is amazing ><;

:D
By Rhaokin 2012-11-11 10:41:23
Link | Citer | R

Best pizza around here, also has cheesecake <3
 Valefor.Altheav
Serveur: Valefor
user: altheav
By Valefor.Altheav 2012-11-11 10:42:37
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said: »
For deep dish I like Pizzeria Uno, followed by Giordano's at a close second.

As for thin crust, I don't think it gets better than Home Run Inn. Also, of late I've been frequenting Boiler Room, which makes a very decent margherita pizza. And if you don't mind the hipsters, $7.50 for a slice, a tallboy, and a shot of Jameson is a damn fine deal imo.

Uno's downtown is awesome, but I've had bad food/really bad service at some of the chains in the suburbs, so I'd only go downtown.

Giordano's. Mmmm. My childhood pizza of choice. Whenever my sister and I played Barbies, they were always ordering stuffed cheese pizza from Giordano's. Also: the Giordano's in Florida is NOT THE SAME, even though it appears to be. We ordered it once while on vacation at Disney World and were greatly disappointed at the quality.

Also need to give a shout-out to Connie's on Archer.

For thin crust, I'm partial to Palermo's. Regular crust, not thin and crispy. They have a sweet sauce, and are generous with both the sauce and the cheese. It's a perfect balance of tastes and textures. Sooo good. But I do agree that Home Run Inn is good, too!

I also order a lot from Nancy's, but that's mostly because they have online ordering, which helps this introvert out quite a bit. I like their thin crust, but was unimpressed with their deep dish.
 Valefor.Clairefox
Serveur: Valefor
user: Clairefox
By Valefor.Clairefox 2012-11-11 13:49:05
Link | Citer | R

Only in the Midwest~ My favorite of any pizza-selling place that i've tried. <3 Bacon Cheeseburger pizza.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-11-11 13:52:00
Link | Citer | R

I prefer making my own oven-baked pizzas.
By lilcratis 2012-11-11 13:58:39
Link | Citer | R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WQfRH65RiQ
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-11 14:02:23
Link | Citer | R

I just made homemade pizzas 2 nights ago. Grilled chicken, mushrooms, and onion pizza with vodka sauce and a bbq chicken pizza. Made the dough and grilled the chicken myself and the like. Also olive oil coated crust with garlic.

I want more pizza now :(
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-11 14:17:15
Link | Citer | R

Serj, what recipe do you use for your dough? Also, pans or stone?
 Asura.Bluespoons
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-11-11 14:22:05
Link | Citer | R

We always go to a Mario's that's near our house. Normally with pizzas I only like certain parts of them, like I enjoy the sauce and toppings but the crust is meh, etc. With their pizzas, I friggin love all of it. The crust is bad ***, sauce is great and they use just the right amount, you watch them cut up the toppings and they don't skimp on them. Besides being friendly as hell and making delish pizza, the smaller slices are as long as my forearm. Plus it's one of maybe 5 things I can eat while pregnant that my kid doesn't automatically reject.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2012-11-11 14:22:23
Link | Citer | R

Toledo's got a few treasures around here:

Chains:
Cottage Inn (at the University of Toledo area @ The Oasis)
Marco's Pizza
Vito's Pizza
Jet's Pizza

Restaurants/Takeout:
Rosie's Italian Grille
Mancy's Italian Grille (not to be confused with a place outside downtown called Mancy's Steakhouse, one of the oldest restaurants around here)
Calvino's Restaurant
PizzaPapalis (I haven't been here yet since it's downtown, but apparently it's great)
Gino's Pizza
Amie's Pizza Factory
J & G's Pizza Palace (my new work place is right across from it, very nice little restaurant in the Sylvania area. Gets a bit tight for space though lol)
Papa Eli's (a little upward into the Lambertville, MI area, but a great mom & pop shop with *awesome* italian and mediterranean. WAY better than Papa John's =P)
Beirut Restaurant (hugely popular Mediterranean restaurant, I know the owner and his kids from my school days lol)
Byblos (if you like Fine Dining & Pizza this is like The Beirut as well)

There used to be an awesome italian place downtown by the docks, but I think they closed up that area ; ; was so fun to be on a boat and eat at the same time!
 Bahamut.Vagrua
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2012-11-11 15:29:23
Link | Citer | R

There aren't many local pizza places where I live besides Smitty's Pizza and I tried it the other day only to be disappointed. I usually stick with Papa Johns on Mondays with their $7 large pizza deal always going on. The Papa Rewards deal giving out free pizza is hard to beat too. For those that have bad experiences with Papa Johns, I'd say it may just be the one in your area and the people that work there messing up your pizza. It really varies area to area.

The Dominos and Pizza hut around here are horrible. They always burn the pizza or don't cook it enough. Sometimes the crust tastes like plastic too.

Down here in Louisiana, most people that work in pizza houses don't really care about their jobs. They feel as if they're forced to work and could care less about quality or customer satisfaction from my experience.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2012-11-11 19:05:26
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know of any good pizza places in El Paso or Las Cruses? I personally find Pizza Patron and Pizza Hut pretty decent.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-11-11 19:37:17
Link | Citer | R

The only time I like Pizza Hut really is if I know who is making the pizza. My bf's best friend manages one near our house so he always makes them himself and hooks them up. Usually if we order it when he's not working, there's something shitty about it. The last time we got it when he wasn't there, our dog couldn't even chew the crust.
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2012-11-11 19:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Making your own with using a pita crust works really well :) That way I know exactly whats going on my pizza, and it's fresh ^^ I also find places around here tend to screw up my request of "no cheese" whenever I order it that way. I usually end up with what seems like extra cheese.

Then there's the odd time that I just crave greasy disgusting pizza hut XD <3
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-11-11 19:49:06
Link | Citer | R

For those of you who do eat dominos/etc on the reg, and don't want to make your own pizzas - I would look into trying different frozen varieties. They are really cheap in comparison and just as good or better depending on the brand. You can really save money this way, and it's no less convenient than ordering as long as you can remember to buy more and put them in the freezer when you're at the store buying your other ***food like hot pockets and dickbeer.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-11-11 19:58:11
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for reminding me I'm out of dickbeer.
Serveur: Siren
user: Tspeed
By Siren.Terrifyingspeed 2012-11-11 20:04:56
Link | Citer | R

Leaning Tower in Vegas is the best I've ever had (years ago)-- have lived all over since then, and it still is.
By Quiznor 2012-11-11 20:25:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tsuji said: »
I don't mind Domino's Pizza, but I REALLY like Apache Pizza's. God their stuff is amazing ><;

:D

Apache ftw,even if it usually gives me epic digestive problems the same/next day!
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-11 20:41:01
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

Stone, and I use an old vegetarian cook book recipe. Can find it and PM you the recipe sometime if you'd like.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-11-11 20:42:39
Link | Citer | R

I'll take that recipe if you don't mind. I lurv making pizzas.

Well I used to. After 5 years of being with the same guy, I stopped cooking ***from scratch to impress him lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2012-11-11 21:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Zuppardi's Apizza in West Haven, CT has to be my favorite ^..^
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-11 21:53:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said: »

Stone, and I use an old vegetarian cook book recipe. Can find it and PM you the recipe sometime if you'd like.
Sounds good to me. I'm always on the look out for new pizza recipes. I guess you could say I'm a fanatic.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-11-11 21:56:18
Link | Citer | R

-home made pizza-
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-11-11 21:58:19
Link | Citer | R

damn it, my previous post made me crave pizza :/
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-11-11 21:59:34
Link | Citer | R

fml I want that
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-11 22:00:34
Link | Citer | R

I see a can of pineapple. That does not bode well.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-11-11 22:02:08
Link | Citer | R

pineapple was for the one that was on the oven, Hawaiian style pizza
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-11-11 22:03:10
Link | Citer | R

Do you deliver?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-11 22:06:19
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Misao said: »
pineapple was for the one that was on the oven, Hawaiian style pizza
Well the one on the counter looks terrific. However, we won't talk about how disgusting pineapple is on pizza...