WWE cage matches
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-10-09 01:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't it be easier to play on the test server, and if the person wins you can just make a mule and send it to their server with the Gil on it? Wouldn't have to go through PayPal, and they wouldn't have to be stuck on your server for a month(I think thats the wait time inbetween being able to transfer again?)

Perhaps someone suggested, but after looking over the OP doesn't seem like it.
 Bismarck.Narshee
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-10-09 01:26:38
Link | Citer | R

The OP can't get on the test server and the waiting time between moving is 90 days.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-10-09 01:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Narshee said: »
The OP can't get on the test server and the waiting time between moving is 90 days.
Well then I suppose I will just go suck a bag of ***.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2012-10-09 01:45:35
Link | Citer | R

I think alot of people stay away from ballista because they are afraid of losing, which is unfortunate because it's a really fun event. It's a game there will always be winners and losers, that shouldn't stop you from doing it. I'm still rather new at it and the few times I have went against Urteil I always learned something new. Whether it be during the fight, or the helpful pointers he gave me afterwords. The one main thing I will always remember him telling me was to melee on summoner. That advice completely changed how I played not only in PvP but in the PvE environment. Urteil is probably the main reason I made Hvergelmir for smn, and I gotta say it was well worth it. Shattersoul, Garland of Bliss and Myrkr are very powerful tools to a smn. (Shattersoul gives magic defense down boosting your magic bloodpacts, Garland of Bliss reduces defense boosting physical bloodpacts, and Myrkr restores huge amounts of MP.)
Rambling aside Thank you Urteil for the pointers and helping me improve.

I have lost plenty of times to Urteil he is a great player, I never played for money, I did it for the fun and challenge, to improve myself and how I play. Ballista is a great learning experience, finding ways to win against something that seems impossible at first just makes it feel better when you finally do it. Don't be afraid to try ballista it can only help you. :)

[+]
 Bismarck.Narshee
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-10-09 01:46:03
Link | Citer | R

Sorry if that came off as mean or whatever >.> Its been asked a few times.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 01:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Brixy said: »

I'd like to point out that in this picture it is apparent I was fighting Garuda for funsies.

Brixy has however gotten many times better.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-09 01:54:27
Link | Citer | R

I was really confused
as
to
how
yeah.

Super glad you cleared that up, was bugging the ***out of me.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 01:55:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I was really confused
as
to
how
yeah.

Super glad you cleared that up, was bugging the ***out of me.

It is possible. But not with Garuda.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 01:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Bismarck.Narshee said: »
Well then I suppose I will just go suck a bag of ***.

Save me one.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-10-09 04:34:17
Link | Citer | R

I don't do ballista because I don't understand the concept of the stuff to do beyond the fighting.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-10-09 05:56:47
Link | Citer | R

our 2hrs allowed? O.o
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 06:05:14
Link | Citer | R

Yes both of OUR two hours ARE allowed.

There's a 120 minute time limit.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-10-09 07:04:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
The goal is to see if anyone can beat me and win the 30,000,000g.

I don't see what everyone else giving up has to do personally with me. I've taught a lot of people and refined them as a means to further refine myself.

I've done quite a bit of teaching and I have no problem teaching someone who takes the time to seek me out.

And if I destroy them they then have the opportunity to get better or give up. My babying them or guiding them has very little effect on a person as they are the sole source of giving up/pressing on.

They have made this choice and I am not going to be able to be anyone's savior unless they choose it, and then they are true the source of salvation not me.

Giving up/throwing in the towel is not my duty or my goal to correct. The person is going to do that regardless of me holding their hand or posting my "knowledge" everywhere.

The only thing I'm not encouraging is fodder and current-fodder that keeps the state of being fodder as permanence rather than temporary.

I'm only pointing out this mentality will never save Ballista, and is a huge reason why it's in the state it's in now.

I realize it's not your job to save it, but it's counter-intuitive if you truly enjoy it and want more meaningful 1vs1/matches/whatever.

I don't understand where you are coming from, you make it sound like it's somebody elses responsibility to educate players on how not to suck? If somebody loses they should practice and train up their game until they are more competitive by learning from defeats, whining about it being too hard and giving up is a cowards way out. We are talking about direct competition here, the whole point is to see who is the best, who has spent the time to polish their skills and build their character into a champion.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2012-10-09 07:14:50
Link | Citer | R

if I didn't quit.

and didn't suck ***.

and had a proper job that was geared.

I would so do this just for the fun factor, the gil side is a NICE incentive but in all honesty... this should be about the fun competitiveness.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-10-09 07:53:24
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
The goal is to see if anyone can beat me and win the 30,000,000g.

I don't see what everyone else giving up has to do personally with me. I've taught a lot of people and refined them as a means to further refine myself.

I've done quite a bit of teaching and I have no problem teaching someone who takes the time to seek me out.

And if I destroy them they then have the opportunity to get better or give up. My babying them or guiding them has very little effect on a person as they are the sole source of giving up/pressing on.

They have made this choice and I am not going to be able to be anyone's savior unless they choose it, and then they are true the source of salvation not me.

Giving up/throwing in the towel is not my duty or my goal to correct. The person is going to do that regardless of me holding their hand or posting my "knowledge" everywhere.

The only thing I'm not encouraging is fodder and current-fodder that keeps the state of being fodder as permanence rather than temporary.

I'm only pointing out this mentality will never save Ballista, and is a huge reason why it's in the state it's in now.

I realize it's not your job to save it, but it's counter-intuitive if you truly enjoy it and want more meaningful 1vs1/matches/whatever.

I don't understand where you are coming from, you make it sound like it's somebody elses responsibility to educate players on how not to suck? If somebody loses they should practice and train up their game until they are more competitive by learning from defeats, whining about it being too hard and giving up is a cowards way out. We are talking about direct competition here, the whole point is to see who is the best, who has spent the time to polish their skills and build their character into a champion.
I think the point they are trying to make is that while fighting someone 1v1 is a form of PvP it's not Ballista. It would be like playing soccer/football 1v1, the basics may remain the same but when there is a team behind you and against you it is a whole different beast.

For example running behind your opponent would be a staple in 1v1 but in a team setting it does nothing to discourage any others with ranged abilities, or if a provoke is landed on you from another player you can't attack your target anymore unless that has been changed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krucial
user: Krucial
By Fenrir.Krucial 2012-10-09 07:54:30
Link | Citer | R

Looks fun hope you get tons of challengers.

Maybe if PC players cheated less Ballista would flourish? Just a thought.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-10-09 07:55:03
Link | Citer | R

True Ina, however in this scenario it's 1v1 :3
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 07:57:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
I think the point they are trying to make is that while fighting someone 1v1 is a form of PvP it's not Ballista. It would be like playing soccer/football 1v1, the basics may remain the same but when there is a team behind you and against you it is a whole different beast.

For example running behind your opponent would be a staple in 1v1 but in a team setting it does nothing to discourage any others with ranged abilities, or if a provoke is landed on you from another player you can't attack your target anymore unless that has been changed.

Because getting gang raped by a whole team as opposed to curb stomped by one guy is so much more subtle, nurturing and fulfilling.
I see a learning curve regardless.

And uh, provoke is pretty amazing WAR main, in PvP. Can't cast on yourself must attack them, and interrupts spells beneficial spells being cast on you.

I'd use it by myself, with a group, on myself to interrupt bad thoughts, wherever.
 Lakshmi.Dragoncloud
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dragoncloud 2012-10-09 08:07:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm willing to bet 99% of the people you spar against go into the match thinking "going to totally destroy this guy!" then they get horribly defeated, probably many times, making them think Ballista is unfair and 1 job is overpowered, ending with them losing all interest.

If they also actually went to a match, they would also come to this same conclusion. Certain jobs are overpowered to the point of ridiculous i.e. COR, BLM, etc.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 08:08:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Dragoncloud said: »
I'm willing to bet 99% of the people you spar against go into the match thinking "going to totally destroy this guy!" then they get horribly defeated, probably many times, making them think Ballista is unfair and 1 job is overpowered, ending with them losing all interest.

If they also actually went to a match, they would also come to this same conclusion. Certain jobs are overpowered to the point of ridiculous i.e. COR, BLM, etc.

Says the guy, who's profile is totally anonymous.

Looks like you have easy money coming your way to buy some shiny things to show off.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-10-09 10:42:16
Link | Citer | R

I had a good time fighting Urteil last night for several hours. If you do get horribly defeated by Urteil and need an ego boost, there are typically others there you can fight who are far less skilled(me).
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 10:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Bohgo said: »
I had a good time fighting Urteil last night for several hours. If you do get horribly defeated by Urteil and need an ego boost, there are typically others there you can fight who are far less skilled(me).

That avatar.
By Raborn 2012-10-09 11:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Might have better luck if you offer to pay for the way back to their servers IF they win.
Also might want to let them run with your shell for the 90 days they are stuck on your server and up the pot saying if they can beat you all 3 times out of 3 they get lotting rights to use your (points if you use that system at all, don't know how you roll) or an entire 2 weeks of doing what they want to do.
On top of that, the Gil reward and for added humiliation, you give them back the entry fee cakes.

It's not so much the cost of going over there to fight you but also the cost of coming back doubled with the time lost of not being able to accomplish your current goals. 30 m hardly makes up for lost time with friends to be honest, I'm sure anyone here would agree.

I'm not interested at all, but for those who are the costs are pretty high to go home empty handed or with just that small reward.

EDIT- My mistake didn't see when you edited in the prepaid trip back home.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-09 11:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Raborn said: »
Might have better luck if you offer to pay for the way back to their servers IF they win.
Also might want to let them run with your shell for the 90 days they are stuck on your server and up the pot saying if they can beat you all 3 times out of 3 they get lotting rights to use your (points if you use that system at all, don't know how you roll) or an entire 2 weeks of doing what they want to do.
On top of that, the Gil reward and for added humiliation, you give them back the entry fee cakes.

It's not so much the cost of going over there to fight you but also the cost of coming back doubled with the time lost of not being able to accomplish your current goals. 30 m hardly makes up for lost time with friends to be honest, I'm sure anyone here would agree.

I'm not interested at all, but for those who are the costs are pretty high to go home empty handed or with just that small reward.

EDIT- My mistake didn't see when you edited in the prepaid trip back home.

OP, five lines down, blank lines excluded.
Edit: Oh, wonderful, did it quite some time ago.
By Minikid 2012-10-09 13:03:09
Link | Citer | R

no disrespect or anything but try playing on xbox with spellcast.xmls and a xbox controller lol clearly pc is true power of ffxi players i do play on pc and use all the cheats my self not gonna lie, but dont see any skill in using pc mod to claim u being an unbeatable player, i beat ud be really good at WoW go play PvP there lol
By Fyyvoaa 2012-10-09 13:10:04
Link | Citer | R

Minikid said: »
no disrespect or anything but try playing on xbox with spellcast.xmls and a xbox controller lol clearly pc is true power of ffxi players i do play on pc and use all the cheats my self not gonna lie, but dont see any skill in using pc mod to claim u being an unbeatable player, i beat ud be really good at WoW go play PvP there lol

I just...

are you...?

You've got to be *** trolling.

Granted I agree that if this were to be considered a "True" who is better match.. no spellcast, no timer, nothing... granted spellcast is more for gear swapping which already isn't allowed anyway :x
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-10-09 13:13:03
Link | Citer | R

If you gear swap you are unable to do anything for a short period of time, if you remove the gear swaps so it's just predetermined actions you are predictable. Spellcast really won't help you as much as you think.
[+]
By Minikid 2012-10-09 13:34:50
Link | Citer | R

ah i dont know any thing about Ballista just thought there would be lots gear swapping to resist spells and buff/tp/ws/cast ect
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-10-09 13:52:21
Link | Citer | R

It's been years since I've fought Sakaio/Urteil (don't even remember what his name was at the time) but just to try and lend a helping hand to those who are thinking of trying to take him on, I wanted to say a couple things.

If you plan to choose one job with one set of gear, this man has had more than enough experience to know what you are trying to achieve. For example, if you were to try and go SAM he is going to expect a Gekko silence and/or the possibility of skillchains and Hobaku stuns and plan and gear for that so that your silence will never land and that your WSs will do limited damage and probably, I guess you could say, make it into an endurance match since SAM has very little of that. Given that DRK now has Absorb-TP I guess trying to save enough TP for Sekkanoki is going to take a long time. (Yada-yada don't forget SAM also has access to sleep/paralysis arrows yada-yada I'm sure he could tell you more)

Regardless, DRK is so versatile and self-sustaining that it really is a monster. Especially since he has now put in the time to obtain the relics/mythics/empys he now owns. If you have a plan A, you're going to need a plan B and C because Urteil has seen it all and knows how to counter it so try and think ahead or find out how he is going to counter or react and find a way to prevent or counter that and so on and so forth.

However, even if you do all this Urteil has almost ungodly reaction times and ridiculous brain power. I remember fighting him on some job in which I had shadows forcing him to poisonga... He would count how long it would take an unresisted poison to wear off and time his sleep so that I would think I was safe, but have poison wear off at the last second and then be slept.

Anyway, I'm sure he has grown a lot more than this in the past... heck... 4-5 years? You guys that are going to take him on are just fighting a monster. Best of luck and try to have fun.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 76 77 78