Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-06 14:20:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Why would Deadwing fight again after they won?

They transferred to another server for 3 months, I think they probably have some time to kill.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Takitu
Serveur: Sylph
user: takito
By Sylph.Takitu 2012-12-06 14:30:01
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Vodkaa said: »
Sylph.Takitu said: »
It was a nice streaming too!

Congratulations to the new king Deadwing!

Altough it was a shame he didnt take the 2nd set seriously but still the first set of matches was really good.

Are you seriously suggesting Dead wasn't trying in the last match they had when he lost ? I think me and you watched a totally diffrent match if you are.

Probably you didnt notice the different gear sets and doing different things like casting blizzard or paralyze instead of silence but oh well it's just me.
And seriously I doubt someone will play with the same intensity without 100m gil involved.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-12-06 14:31:19
Link | Citer | R

I think it was pretty obvious he was trying when he said a cuss word in all caps after one of his losses in the second round.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-06 14:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Am I wrong thinking that the Purgonorgo battlefield makes it more difficult for who wants to kite? I mean, they can't move from the beach because of the stupid detectors.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-12-06 14:33:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Takitu said: »
Probably you didnt notice the different gear sets and doing different things like casting blizzard or paralyze instead of silence but oh well it's just me.
And seriously I doubt someone will play with the same intensity without 100m gil involved.

I agree it doesn't off the same intensity but but don't kid yourself if you didn't think Deadwing didn't want to win. In lack of better terms, he said he was going to a "better set." Maybe I miss understood him though.

Let it be perfectly clear that Deadwing a great job in the first series of fights. Sunday will be the real determination of who is the better of the two. :O!
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-12-06 14:35:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Am I wrong thinking that the Purgonorgo battlefield makes it more difficult for who wants to kite? I mean, they can't move from the beach because of the stupid detectors.

That rock is the greatest thing for a kiter. It doesn't provide a straight line that you can use in the Ru'Lude one, but you can kite someone around that rock forever if you have more movement speed than your opponent.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-12-06 14:39:23
Link | Citer | R

First round was 5-2 so it was 7-5, but yes-- Sunday I believe will be for all the bragging rights.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-06 14:40:02
Link | Citer | R

I don't think the Sunday match necessarily determines who the better "man" is. My opinion at this point is RDM has a job advantage, in terms of all around 1v1 PvP skill I think it's pretty clear Urteil is still top dog.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Lillica
Serveur: Bismarck
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-12-06 14:41:15
Link | Citer | R

Urteil may lose a fight, but he will never be defeated.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-06 14:41:50
Link | Citer | R

If they fought each other cycling through all the different jobs, or at least if Deadwings played DRK and Urteil played RDM, then you could get a better idea of who the better "man" was.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-12-06 14:43:23
Link | Citer | R

Is that fight will be put on youtube? having problems with those links.. I guess, I'll wait until I return home...
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-12-06 14:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Probably not. I was not there to record, nor was Brixy, nor was Upbeat.

Edit: Might be a chance someone downloads them and uploads them into separate fights on Youtube. Maybe if you asked Zirk nicely enough. ;)

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-06 14:48:25
Link | Citer | R

I'll try again when I get home, my Firefox plugin has always downloaded entire videos for me, but this time only grabs the first 30 minutes. Urteil had some success manipulating it to download different 30 minute chunks so you could piece them together and recover the full video, I will give it another shot.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-06 14:48:56
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
If they fought each other cycling through all the different jobs, or at least if Deadwings played DRK and Urteil played RDM, then you could get a better idea of who the better "man" was.

What time on Friday is your fight with him ? I want to watch that aswell.

It will be either the 7pm or the 9pm PST reservation probably.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nibu
user: nibu
By Carbuncle.Nibu 2012-12-06 14:49:43
Link | Citer | R

He was casting silence it got resited a fair few times though, you can say he might not try as hard without 100 mil on the line but you would think after winning he wouldn't want to go and loose 5-0 which imo devalues the orginal win, eitherway it was good viewing but Urteil ended up 6-5 counting both rounds.

So one more match on Sunday when im sure both will be trying again and then we shall see who is the better man.

As if...

DW won the official match, and yet that certainly hasn't brought any finality to the matter because Urteil "won" the exhibition matches. So once this Sunday battle happens, I'm sure that there will still be a lot of "Yes, but"s to go around.

My opinion on the matter is that DW won during the main event; the one that both players have been preparing for. True, this doesn't necessarily make him "the better player," but I think that's a pretty silly thing to try and conclude anyways since it's such a broad category. The point is, I think it's a safe bet to say that both players had the highest motivation and determination to win during the main attraction. The exhibition matches should not be considered on the same level.

The extra matches don't really go into the equation for me because you don't know what mindset each was using at that point. Maybe one of them was testing out some new strategies just to see what would happen. Maybe one of them wasn't taking it as seriously at that point because it was "just for fun," with presumably "nothing to prove." Granted, Urteil believes he is "still the king," and that he "obliterated" DW (really?), so we know what his interpretation of those exhibition matches was.

TL;DR All matches are not created equally.

edit: In addition to undetermined motivation in the exhibition matches, one might argue that part of being the "most skilled" player is adapting quickly to your opponent's strategy. Extended matches beyond the "main event" may give an advantage to a player who is not as adept at adapting, and takes longer to develop a successful strategy.

So, like I mentioned, "best player" is very difficult to ascertain, and I disagree with Urteil's saying that he is "still the king." There are many different players with many different skills, and this is one event where such an ultimate victor will not be conclusively named.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nibu
By Carbuncle.Nibu 2012-12-06 14:56:30
Link | Citer | R

This is why im looking forward to Sunday im pretty so both are going to be trying "hard" again. Urteil has something to prove to himself i guess and Dead needs to prove it wasn't a fluke as it appears to be due to not even coming close to winning one of the five from the rematchs last night.

All just imo and yes im getting into this ballista thing :D.

I don't think there will be anything that can happen to disprove Urteil's "being the best" in his own mind.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-12-06 14:58:07
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nibu said: »
the one that both players have been preparing

Seems to me that only person who gains the advantage of being prepared is Deadwing. Not that Urteil wasn't prepared but Deadwing surely knew more about Urteil, than Urteil knew about Deadwing.

The exhibition matches should not be considered on the same level.

Disagree, I believe they were the same level. If anything Deadwing has a much more sense of pressure and was clearly feeling it during those fights.

The extra matches don't really go into the equation for me because you don't know what mindset each was using at that point. Maybe one of them was testing out some new strategies just to see what would happen. Maybe one of them wasn't taking it as seriously at that point because it was "just for fun," with presumably "nothing to prove."

Again, both took it very seriously. I believe I remember seeing Deadwing saying he was going to use a different set that was either better, or part of another strategy to beat Urteil. Not a set for funnsies or for lulz. He wanted to beat Urteil again and put that nail in the coffin on who was better. Please don't say that Deadwing is weak enough to just fold after winning the first set.

Again, nothing against Deadwing. He was done something no other RDM has done in a while. I thought he was crazy going /NIN but proved me wrong.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-12-06 14:59:10
Link | Citer | R

This is why im looking forward to Sunday im pretty so both are going to be trying "hard" again. Urteil has something to prove to himself i guess and Dead needs to prove it wasn't a fluke as it appears to be due to not even coming close to winning one of the five from the rematchs last night.

All just imo and yes im getting into this ballista thing :D.

I don't think there will be anything that can happen to disprove Urteil's "being the best" in his own mind.

Oh, yes there is. If someone beat him over and over and over again, I'm sure he'd hand his crown off to said person.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-12-06 15:00:28
Link | Citer | R

but Urteil ended up 6-5 counting both rounds.

Everyone agrees Urteil is great at PvP, but the point of the challenge was to defeat the undefeatable, which was accomplished. The "Urteil is still King because he won 5 more in the exhibition match after" is silly. He lost when it mattered most, get over it.

That being said, major thanks to both Urteil and Deadwing for providing an amazing match for all of us to watch. Especially Urteil, who got us all so riled up over Ballista with his ballsy challenge and eccentric love of the game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-12-06 15:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
The "Urteil is still King because he won 5 more in the exhibition match after" is silly.

And yet Muhammad Ali is still the greatest boxer ever.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-06 15:03:43
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
Oh, yes there is. If someone beat him over and over and over again, I'm sure he'd hand his crown off to said person.

Yes.

----

No excuses were available when I lost 5-2, so the reward will be paid in full.

I was not able to say:

"I wasn't using as good of a set now."
"These first 5 didn't matter, now they do, now we'll do the reward. k."
"I wasn't trying or - I'm doing "new" stuff."
"Oh these people are talking about cheating, maybe I'll hop on that bandwagon. . "

Or can I say "The first five didn't matter" and get my money back?
Lol, no.

They all matter. Especially after you get to the top of the mountain five minutes prior.
Right after an epic struggle. 5-0. That is all.
 Carbuncle.Nibu
By Carbuncle.Nibu 2012-12-06 15:08:51
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
The "Urteil is still King because he won 5 more in the exhibition match after" is silly.

And yet Muhammad Ali is still the greatest boxer ever.

Again, "greatest" is subjective.

A baseball team can hang-on by a thread to get into, and win, the World Series against an undefeated team. One person would say the winner of the World Series is the best because "they won when it mattered most," while another might say the World Series loss was a fluke, and to look at the WS losing team's record that season/the franchise history which may be outstanding.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 76 77 78