[+]
 Carbuncle.Nibu
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: nibu
By Carbuncle.Nibu 2012-12-06 00:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Vodkaa said: »
Congrats to Deathwing for winning the 100 mil, and congrats to Urtiel for going back for another round and winning Death 5-0.

Just my opinion but soon as Urt went back for round two and started to take the fight to Death he won with pretty much ease, all in all a good show.

Overall Urt winner imo for the come back.

[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-06 00:50:54
Link | Citer | R

It was pretty interesting.
I regret nothing!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-06 00:53:27
Link | Citer | R

Oh damn, seems I missed something epic. Seems congratulations to Deadwing are in order O: congrats Deadwing. I'll have to go watch the recording asap
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-12-06 00:57:17
Link | Citer | R

So your so-called number 1 again, never mind then, I plan to continue preparing to beat you, it will likely be a few weeks but rest assured I will be ready to face you once again Urteil. I hope when the time comes, its a battle you will enjoy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-06 01:03:59
Link | Citer | R

It's good to still be the king.
And 100m is nothing to the king.

Thanks for watching!

Don't lock the thread! I have a few things to sell and perhaps I'll extend it.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-12-06 01:12:03
Link | Citer | R

u sir are a class act. ty for the inspiration! /salute
 Siren.Shaokahn
Serveur: Siren
user: Shaokahn
By Siren.Shaokahn 2012-12-06 01:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

Thanks for watching!

Don't lock the thread! I have a few things to sell and perhaps I'll extend it.

you definitely pawned him the 2nd time around lol
 Ragnarok.Titox
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2012-12-06 02:21:04
Link | Citer | R

I have been following this thread since it started(I love ballista videos of Lvl60 JP team or 1on1 uncap)

All i can say is...bravo :3 /clap clap
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-12-06 02:41:36
Link | Citer | R

lock, lock, no lock, no lock, lock, no lock...

ARgh! @_@
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-06 02:42:42
Link | Citer | R

No, sorry.
 Asura.Izilder
Serveur: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2012-12-06 04:40:34
Link | Citer | R

Well..... Grats Deadwing - Now to finish your Excalibur xD. No one is more deserving.

Also Urteil grats - your a real solid Drk and give the job a good name - you gave Dead a few curve balls that we didn't totally prepare him for on Asura! Just make sure you pay him up in full asap - He needs his Excal so he can join the relic club finally :)

Anyways some background on Deadwing - and some preparation leading up to this fight.

Ive played alongside Dead for 5 years in LSs? and since the rdm hate nerf (he would solo hold Tiamat etc for 10 mins at @75 till the LS showed up) he totally lost interest in FF ;;

Then for a new challenge he decided to level (non aby) 5 blms (no automated bots) in the same party (same time) and would then solo (6 box) stuff like turtle KS99 (in under 10 mins iirc) tanking on rdm/nin while killing it with the the blms....

so for the last year we didn't see him play much as he had no real challenge in his mind - and is a die hard rdm, and he doesn't really care to play other jobs (PS: he will admit he is the worst Brd you have ever seen)

So .....

about a week ago he pop's online and says .. "have you seen some guy offering 100m for PvP..i don't think he can handle an old school rdm like me..i think i can beat him"

i straight out said Dead you would lose - got on drk/sch and he got on rdm/blu and he died...an i went to zzz thinking it was the end.

next day he says arrrrr! im back to my old rdm/nin and i see him offering up to 4m if any drk can kill him.. so something changed over night ! and he continued to train and re shuffle his gear watching all the Urt Vids

Deadwing goes OCD when he wants to work toward a new challenge - i think he was playing with few hours sleep a night ...on the last practice session he felt to me to be the Dead i remember ( a *** to kill ! ) and we practiced around situations that would/could come up during the fight (which many of them did!) but again credit to Urt - he really is a great Drk - is good at thinking on the ball - and most importantly gave Deadwing the motivation to want to play FF again.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-06 04:43:21
Link | Citer | R

Man, sickles like never break.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-06 04:57:16
Link | Citer | R

I do look forward to fighting him again.
Let us hope he does not get obliterated for a second time.

It should be interesting.
I'll set up another fight with him and it should take place within a day or two.

*Looks like sunday.
 Cerberus.Chalkoutline
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Paco
By Cerberus.Chalkoutline 2012-12-06 05:26:43
Link | Citer | R

Remember, remember, the 5th of December.This made up for all the resists that Deadwings was not getting during that particular match. Great *** show, you two.

@Warusha: it's "ménage à trois"
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-06 05:33:18
Link | Citer | R

A hearty earring and an insomnia earring, does not a resist sleep set make.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-06 06:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Someone had to win sooner or later, grats on the achievement.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-12-06 10:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bluespoons said: »
Is a mod even on right now? I think it'll be a night of filling the thread with "osnaps" and "really Urt, to a MITHRA!?"

I have told you guys for years that Mithra are the superior race, geez.

Grats Deadwing!
[+]
 Sylph.Takitu
Serveur: Sylph
user: takito
By Sylph.Takitu 2012-12-06 11:44:20
Link | Citer | R

It was a nice streaming too!

Congratulations to the new king Deadwing!

Altough it was a shame he didnt take the 2nd set seriously but still the first set of matches was really good.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-12-06 11:54:40
Link | Citer | R

Not to undermine either player, but it's worth noting that a single set of victories or defeats does not demonstrate who is the better player in PvP, as it equally doesn't in sport. Consistency is often the best judge, and Urteil has been incredibly consistent.
[+]
 Leviathan.Captainb
Serveur: Leviathan
user: CaptainB
By Leviathan.Captainb 2012-12-06 13:12:42
Link | Citer | R

I watched two matches from the steam last night, and it looked like things could have gone either way in both of the fights I viewed even though Deadwing was the one left standing in both, but when you walk away with the 100Mg bounty it kinda speaks for itself regardless of cumulative win:loss ratio three months from now.

If the second round also had another 100Mg on the line would the second set of rounds still gone the same way? Regardless it was decent entertainment and had a nice build up. I will keep my eye open for any future challenges as this was and is entertaining.

The back story provided for Dead makes it even more entertaining as it was like Rocky coming back for another fight or something.

And thanks Warusha for the streaming, maybe someone can cast invisible on that fat headed galka that kept blocking up half the screen next time though?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-12-06 13:17:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Captainb said: »
I watched two matches from the steam last night, and it looked like things could have gone either way in both of the fights I viewed even though Deadwing was the one left standing in both, but when you walk away with the 100Mg bounty it kinda speaks for itself regardless of cumulative win:loss ratio three months from now.

If the second round also had another 100Mg on the line would the second set of rounds still gone the same way? Regardless it was decent entertainment and had a nice build up. I will keep my eye open for any future challenges as this was and is entertaining.

The back story provided for Dead makes it even more entertaining as it was like Rocky coming back for another fight or something.

And thanks Warusha for the streaming, maybe someone can cast invisible on that fat headed galka that kept blocking up half the screen next time though?

And deodorize... Galkas are stinky
 Asura.Jaybezz
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2012-12-06 13:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Izilder said: »
Well..... Grats Deadwing - Now to finish your Excalibur xD. No one is more deserving.

Also Urteil grats - your a real solid Drk and give the job a good name - you gave Dead a few curve balls that we didn't totally prepare him for on Asura! Just make sure you pay him up in full asap - He needs his Excal so he can join the relic club finally :)

Anyways some background on Deadwing - and some preparation leading up to this fight.

Ive played alongside Dead for 5 years in LSs? and since the rdm hate nerf (he would solo hold Tiamat etc for 10 mins at @75 till the LS showed up) he totally lost interest in FF ;;

Then for a new challenge he decided to level (non aby) 5 blms (no automated bots) in the same party (same time) and would then solo (6 box) stuff like turtle KS99 (in under 10 mins iirc) tanking on rdm/nin while killing it with the the blms....

so for the last year we didn't see him play much as he had no real challenge in his mind - and is a die hard rdm, and he doesn't really care to play other jobs (PS: he will admit he is the worst Brd you have ever seen)

So .....

about a week ago he pop's online and says .. "have you seen some guy offering 100m for PvP..i don't think he can handle an old school rdm like me..i think i can beat him"

i straight out said Dead you would lose - got on drk/sch and he got on rdm/blu and he died...an i went to zzz thinking it was the end.

next day he says arrrrr! im back to my old rdm/nin and i see him offering up to 4m if any drk can kill him.. so something changed over night ! and he continued to train and re shuffle his gear watching all the Urt Vids

Deadwing goes OCD when he wants to work toward a new challenge - i think he was playing with few hours sleep a night ...on the last practice session he felt to me to be the Dead i remember ( a *** to kill ! ) and we practiced around situations that would/could come up during the fight (which many of them did!) but again credit to Urt - he really is a great Drk - is good at thinking on the ball - and most importantly gave Deadwing the motivation to want to play FF again.

Dwing finally logs back on maybe with 110 craft he will finally not go broke trying 2 make a cursed hauberk -1 :) ( good times) grats Dwing mate rdm/nin ftw
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-12-06 13:34:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

Someone stalk him for a SS while wearing pole or claymore grip.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-06 13:50:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
I have told you guys for years that Mithra are the superior race, geez.
Thanks non-Mithra!
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-06 14:10:02
Link | Citer | R

Some of my thoughts:

I had said before in this thread my biggest fear was that someone would beat Urteil before I was ready (particularly with a similar strategy since I thought mine had a pretty good chance of winning), and well it happened. This doesn't take anything away from Deadwing though, they came up with their strategy completely independent and they are fully deserving. It is nicer in my mind to see the prize go to a serious career RDM like Deadwing rather than someone who has never played RDM before like myself. Congratulations again to Deadwing!

I will still be fighting Urteil on Friday, it will be interesting to see what I can do with inferior gear, a different sub job, and Urteil being more battle hardened against a Fast Cast RDM.

There were some things/gear Deadwing used that I felt were better than what I had planned and I could have obtained (i.e. AH gear), there were also some serious omissions from Deadwing's strategy that I planned to use. I won't be deviating from my original planned strategy at all however, I want to see how it would have fared. I feel if Deadwing's incorporates a couple of things from my strategy, they will be able to defeat Urteil much faster and much more convincingly, I don't see how Urteil could stand a chance.

If Deadwing does fight Urteil again on Sunday and tweaks their strategy a bit in line with my suggestions, I predict many 5-0's for Deadwing, DRK is just outclassed as I also said long before in this thread.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2012-12-06 14:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Why would Deadwing fight again after they won? That just feeds this dudes ego. Should have won and walked away, so this guy would shut his mouth.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-06 14:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Because they do it for fun. I know, mind blowing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 76 77 78