By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-04 05:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Sylow check your PMs.
 Sylph.Siccmade
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Siccmade 2012-12-04 05:29:43
Link | Citer | R

The live feed was pretty entertaining, kept me up longer than intended. Thanks for that Waru.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-04 05:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Sylow check your PMs.

Are you finally going to tell me how to beat you on WHM >:|
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-04 05:32:26
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
What shield/sword and sub was using minjo btw?
I was asleep during the fight so I missed the vid :/

Looked like Almace/Ochain /SCH hard to see the toothpicks on a taru though, they can all use SB :C
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-12-04 05:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Looked like Almace/Ochain /SCH hard to see the toothpicks on a taru though, they can all use SB :C

Yes.

Heads up for anyone who wants to do anything about recording/live streaming. Don't use Windows Vista. I know, I know... but it was the only OS I had on hand. Windows 7 should be here before Urteil and Zirk fight.
 Shiva.Damonz
Serveur: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-12-04 05:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Shiomi said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Yes.

Heads up for anyone who wants to do anything about recording/live streaming. Don't use Windows Vista. I know, I know... but it was the only OS I had on hand. Windows 7 should be here before Urteil and Zirk fight.
Windows 9 might be here before then, I kid I kid. at least Zirk had the balls to give it a shot.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-04 05:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Least you said Windows 7 instead of 8. Good man.
 Odin.Warusha
Serveur: Odin
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2012-12-04 06:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Siccmade said: »
The live feed was pretty entertaining, kept me up longer than intended. Thanks for that Waru.

Same for me~! I need to go crawl into bed and die do stuff productive today.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-12-04 10:30:00
Link | Citer | R

Ochain+85Almace, like a g.
By Raborn 2012-12-04 10:40:04
Link | Citer | R

You guys put up a youtube version yet?

Please do and Thanks in advance when you post it.

(Or PM it to me).

P.S. - I hope its not a disappointment.
[+]
 Asura.Hit
Serveur: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2012-12-04 11:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Thanks for the live feed, Me and Angel were watching like it was the super bowl lol.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-04 12:50:40
Link | Citer | R

I was on TeamSpeak with Urteil when he increased the bounty to 100 mil, I told him if I beat him I would still accept 50 mil as a reward because that was what I initially signed up for.

Now however he has changed the rules so that it is first to five kills, which I did not sign up for. I will leave it up to Urteil to decide which rules he wants to fight me by:

First to three, with 50,000,000 gil bounty, or
First to five, with 100,000,000 gil bounty.
 Carbuncle.Nibu
user: nibu
By Carbuncle.Nibu 2012-12-04 13:09:59
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
I was on TeamSpeak with Urteil when he increased the bounty to 100 mil, I told him if I beat him I would still accept 50 mil as a reward because that was what I initially signed up for.

Now however he has changed the rules so that it is first to five kills, which I did not sign up for. I will leave it up to Urteil to decide which rules he wants to fight me by:

Irrelevant!

[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-04 14:54:56
Link | Citer | R

There is no choice, the fights will proceed according to the OP. Had you been completely ready by the time of transfer. I could see there being a problem.

As it stands you aren't/weren't, as we have meriting to do tonight.

In reality you signed up for merits/assistance, which you have been getting. If I had refused to help I assume you wouldn't be over here, if at all. Your glove isn't even "in the ring" officially as a transfer until you are "ready", unless we are going to go tonight with you missing a large portion of what you say you need.

More fights is not and should not be a problem.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-12-04 15:15:53
Link | Citer | R

First to five it is.
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2012-12-04 15:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Curty said: »
What shield/sword and sub was using minjo btw? I was asleep during the fight so I missed the vid :/
Ochain+85Almace, like a g.
Sorry, did I miss the memo where almace suddenly became a bad weapon?

Sure it may not be as good as say... an Excalibur in the realm of pvp, but it's not terrible either.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-04 15:19:12
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nibu said: »

Irrelevant!

^This. Just *** Ballista already.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-12-04 15:27:31
Link | Citer | R

so i'm deactivated... and my characters are crap... but ... if I were to agree to fight you ... you would help me gear up, merit ... and all that? Worth it in the end no matter if you win or lose (other then you losing 50m)

This probably was already explained but I don't want to wade through all the QQ and whining.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2012-12-04 15:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Raborn said: »
You guys put up a youtube version yet?

Please do and Thanks in advance when you post it.

(Or PM it to me).

P.S. - I hope its not a disappointment.

Compressing the videos now from last night, will try to have them up as soon they are done.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-12-04 15:50:16
Link | Citer | R

I have a strategy question related to DRG/SCH for PVP. (That said, I won't be ready with the items I need any time soon, so my entry into this challenge is out of the question at the moment.)

For head, would you recommend Drachen Armet +1 or Wyrm Armet +2? The Dragoon normally needs to be at 33% or less HP to trigger Healing Breath without the Drachen Armet. With the Drachen Armet, this threshold is pushed to 50%. When I am at 33% HP, chances are I will be able to be 1-shotted by a skilled opponent, so the threshold boost is great. However, the Wyrm Armet nearly DOUBLES the potency of the Healing Breath, vastly increasing MP efficiency and keeping me out of trouble. Which would you think is more valuable in general?

I'll have Resist gears on, but would the Flawless Ribbon be more useful than both?

Normally you can swap between Drachen and Wyrm in order to get the best out of both, but don't think it'd be worth the time penalty in PVP.
 Sylph.Decimus
Serveur: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-04 15:59:55
Link | Citer | R

He'd probably one shot your wyvern or bind it if he didn't want to bother.
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2012-12-04 16:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
I have a strategy question related to DRG/SCH for PVP. (That said, I won't be ready with the items I need any time soon, so my entry into this challenge is out of the question at the moment.) For head, would you recommend Drachen Armet +1 or Wyrm Armet +2? The Dragoon normally needs to be at 33% or less HP to trigger Healing Breath without the Drachen Armet. With the Drachen Armet, this threshold is pushed to 50%. When I am at 33% HP, chances are I will be able to be 1-shotted by a skilled opponent, so the threshold boost is great. However, the Wyrm Armet nearly DOUBLES the potency of the Healing Breath, vastly increasing MP efficiency and keeping me out of trouble. Which would you think is more valuable in general? I'll have Resist gears on, but would the Flawless Ribbon be more useful than both? Normally you can swap between Drachen and Wyrm in order to get the best out of both, but don't think it'd be worth the time penalty in PVP.

Having to rely on a pet to heal seems to be a pretty faulty strategy in general in pvp, no offense. Against any opponent with crowd control (or one smart enough to target the wyvern), you're not gonna be keeping him around for an extended period of time for Drachen armet to be of any real use...

Go for double potency, use the pet command to trigger it when you need it, cause that's the only heal you're gonna get that fight. Much better option than waiting till you're on death's doorstep and hoping your enemy doesn't make you knock.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-04 16:15:45
Link | Citer | R

In reality you signed up for merits/assistance, which you have been getting. If I had refused to help I assume you wouldn't be over here, if at all.

I was very much willing to merit him, and as I am not the busy leader of a giant, active linkshell I'm almost sure we would have had 300 merits by now, and he would have been over there right now, fully merited.

Let's be clear here, Zirk did not transfer solely to leech off your assistance. For the section of the thread who seems to think Zirk transferred to Phoenix to get a bunch of free merits, he would have gotten them on Carbuncle as well. He had willing assistance in this corner. He transferred because you very much wanted him to transfer.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-04 16:21:32
Link | Citer | R

I was online for 3-4 days with ample time to take care of him.

I do events for 3-4 hours a day, maybe, with two days completely free.

Saturday, Wednesday and Friday being notable examples of me having more than enough time.
The only reason the merits aren't done are due to his scarcity.

Granted he got quite a few in a worm party the other day, which was a big deal.

Them being done by now, over there however, I doubt it because he isn't really online that often. Nor did the pace at which they were happening merit this fact.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-12-04 16:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Well, wyvern has 1200+ HP, a 40% DT trait (iirc) , plus with Steady Wing, it has 400+ Stoneskin. So ~2666 damage required to defeat it, and and it takes is a Spirit Link to wake it up, give it full HP, a handful of my buffs, and level it up, without any HP expense on my side. Granted, Spirit Link is once every 90 seconds (I don't think the merits would outweigh the benefit of Jump/High Jump merits), so you just have to sleep/break it twice then it's out of the fight until you touch it again. I admit this is a big problem, but I think it would be a powerful ally in battle if you can work out that detail (1000 HP for 5 MP, plus slight damage potential). The JA healing breath would be nice so you don't have to be in the danger zone for a 1000 HP heal.

A DRG with Delphinius has a pretty powerful edge; I don't think I'll be the one to test its potential, but while your points are valid, I don't think it'd go down quite that easily.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-04 16:27:54
Link | Citer | R

I was online for 3-4 days with ample time to take care of him.

I do events for 3-4 hours a day, maybe, with two days completely free.

Saturday, and Friday being notable examples.
The only reason the merits aren't done are due to his scarcity.

I also doubt it because he isn't really online that often.

I'm not arguing that you've fallen short in meriting him, or that Zirk doesn't have a busy RL schedule.

I would have gotten him to log on over skype, and AFK cleaved him, but I don't really want to waste time arguing theoreticals about whether he would or would not have been ready right this second either way. It really serves no purpose, as what's done is done.

The purpose of my post was to address the crowd who seems to think the guy transferred to Phoenix to cash in on a bunch of free stuff he wouldn't have gotten otherwise, which is not the case.

Nor did the pace at which they were happening merit this fact.

I learned that he needed help with merits last Sunday night. A few hours later, he had 70 merits. I planned to do the next part the next weekend, but he transferred away during the week.
 Leviathan.Captainb
user: CaptainB
By Leviathan.Captainb 2012-12-04 16:41:31
Link | Citer | R

So did Minjo transfer a mule and not his main for that fight? I would not expect his main to have used the previously listed sword/shield set so just trying to get clarification here?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-04 16:52:44
Link | Citer | R

I like how the wrong Minjo is now among the top viewed on Phoenix!
 Leviathan.Captainb
user: CaptainB
By Leviathan.Captainb 2012-12-04 16:57:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I like how the wrong Minjo is now among the top viewed on Phoenix!

My bad, I thought they were one in the same with another account/mule on Phoenix thrown together to have a little fun.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 76 77 78