100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 76 77 78
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-03 18:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Test server changes are announced. The only difference is that you're not requiring people spend money and ditch all their friends to attempt it.

I think you realize that allowing test server would increase your fight frequency tenfold without changing the quality of fights. I guess you really care about that measly 100m.
By Xenshi 2012-12-03 18:50:00
Link | Citer | R

I just want to say thank you for this thread, it picks me up on a sad day and makes me laugh like crazy...truely..thank you.
 Cerberus.Mystina
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2012-12-03 18:51:33
Link | Citer | R

How cute! willing to risk accounts for ballista.

it's like watching someone risk there house over a game of jump rope.

i don't know if this is serious bravery or insanity. who would have thought this little event could spark this much heat.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 19:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Cayoda, reveal the account in its entirety that I would be waging mine for.

I just realized you can't transfer for months, which makes it pointless. I assumed with claims like that you could transfer today. My bad for not reading I suppose.
By Raborn 2012-12-03 19:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Over 9ish pages of ***.

Did Zirk and Urteil go at it or are you guys still playing footsie (just not on the forums)?

Pop me a link if there's a vid up please.

Oh boy Minjo is gonna fight you? If that's for real then everybody wins. Regardless of who loses.

I look forward to watching that fight the most.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-12-03 20:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Round one of topicbans handed out.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 20:26:47
Link | Citer | R

One bit that I should put in here, kind of a big argument against the Test Server tbh, should really alleviate any further posts about it...

There are documented cases of things on the test server not mirroring things on the live servers, very significant things in fact. Additional effects, their magic accuracy, is completely floored on main servers where on the test server they're almost unmissable. Who knows what other examples like this exist? It's actually a pretty severe advantage in some cases, and could legitimately be used as leverage against a victory.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-03 20:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Is that mirrored in PVP though? As resists and such are different for PVP aren't they?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 21:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Is that mirrored in PVP though? As resists and such are different for PVP aren't they?

Can't say for sure, however with the magnitude of the difference it will affect PvP significantly regardless.

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Is that confirmed proth? Didn't know it acted so differently

Yes. I've personally confirmed and documented it numerous times.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-03 21:15:46
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Can't say for sure, however with the magnitude of the difference it will affect PvP significantly regardless.

I can see that causing an issue, you'd have to wait till it's fixed or they make an adjustment to resists. But I can't see it being like that forever. Though again, this idea is more of a work around and it'd be better if SE made a hub for this sort of thing but I don't see that happening.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 21:57:40
Link | Citer | R

I have recieved comments requests in regards to the the contest being "first to three" to be expanded to "first to five", "first to ten", etc.

There were many accusations the most humorous among them being:

"Blood weapon + kraken club."
"It is in your favor, because the enemy couldn't react to you and turn it around."
"Etc."

The first to three was in the interest of time, seeing as how I'm not necessarily "flooded" with serious participants, expanding it to five won't be impossible due to time constraints.

I can't see how more fights is a problem, it would in theory just allow people to embarrass me further.
[+]
 Shiva.Damonz
Serveur: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-12-03 21:58:57
Link | Citer | R

I can see that causing an issue, you'd have to wait till it's fixed or they make an adjustment to resists. But I can't see it being like that forever. Though again, this idea is more of a work around and it'd be better if SE made a hub for this sort of thing but I don't see that happening.

I wonder how hard something like that would be to even code for this game, if it's even possible. (I'm thinking something along the way the cocobo circuit functions)

That being said, I'm sure they would ever do it, no matter what kind of pressure the player base would put on them, as that would allow transfer of gil/items between servers so much easier, and even for legitimate reasons I doubt SE would be in favor of that.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-03 22:00:11
Link | Citer | R

Make a server where you can copy your character over and only the PvP zones are open.
[+]
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-12-03 22:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Make a server where you can copy your character over and only the PvP zones are open.
That would work, but I think that has even less of a chance at happening, as they would have a server hosting maybe 10 people at most on avereage (most likely it would be more along the lines of 0-4 average).
 Sylph.Decimus
Serveur: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-03 22:13:36
Link | Citer | R

While PvP doesn't have widespread popularity, I think it would certainly get a boost if you could just log on to another server and join in a fight with people from every server. Rather than having to buy pages and screw around with usually 5-10 people.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-03 22:25:52
Link | Citer | R

All they need to do is give pvp a way to get gear and other valuables from doing it and people will come.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 22:30:53
Link | Citer | R

The only reward I need is the tears of my enemy.
[+]
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-12-03 22:30:53
Link | Citer | R

All they need to do is give pvp a way to get gear and other valuables from doing it and people will come.
and they will still cry about how it's unbalanced and how hard it is, and it's not fair that a only select few are able to get such and such rewards.

Edit: But honestly I think the only way SE could really make PvP popular, is to make a separate live server that you could zone into.

Where you are unable to trade items/gil or bazaar items. (this would be to prevent this server/zone from being used as bazaar ally, where you could have thousands of people just standing around afk).

Have the focus be on team PvP 3v3 6v6 maybe 18v18. (1v1 could still happen, but I doubt SE would even consider something like this is if was aimed at 1v1). And either some sort of ranking system or points system to get rewards. (rewards will bring more of a player base).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Spoiled
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Spoiled
By Lakshmi.Spoiled 2012-12-03 22:34:18
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
The only reward I need is the tears of my enemy.
Words of a true winner.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 22:43:23
Link | Citer | R

It has been done.
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-12-03 22:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Entire post bolded
please don't do that.

Protip - You are not penalized in Ballista for switching the ammo slot. Handy for any job that can employ varied effects from ammo types.
Can't believe I missed this. That's really an crazy advantage; Someone could swap from sleep to stun to paralyze or bloody to acid to extreme dmg seamlessly
Yes this is all true, the only problem is that the status effect bolts/arrows build resistance very quickly.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 22:45:47
Link | Citer | R

Sleepwinder.

:|

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-12-03 22:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Damonz said: »
Yes this is all true, the only problem is that the status effect bolts/arrows build resistance very quickly.
Can magic accuracy boost the landing rate of those ammo?
I can't say for certain, as it's been years since I've really done PvP aside from the lulz. But I think yes
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-12-03 22:57:55
Link | Citer | R

Paralyze arrows are ***.
By Methylated 2012-12-03 23:01:01
Link | Citer | R

Fair warning to everyone who goes up vs Urteil:

You will get your bum spanked good and proper. :) I didn't even stand a chance :O I been training RDM ever since in the pits of hell!

I will be back Urteil.... don't die on me now :)

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Decimus
Serveur: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-03 23:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Methylated said: »
Fair warning to everyone who goes up vs Urteil:

You will get your bum spanked good and proper. :) I didn't even stand a chance :O I been training RDM ever since in the pits of hell!

I will be back Urteil.... don't die on me now :)

England vs. America and you fought on American soil... Didn't see that coming.
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 76 77 78