100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 76 77 78
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-29 15:21:45
Link | Citer | R

I just think its funny how he comes on here like he was being badgered to do anything except stand there and key.

Was treated with respect by everyone, and continually acts like this "secrecy" serves a purpose.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-29 15:22:27
Link | Citer | R

He invented a new red mage spell.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-11-29 15:23:23
Link | Citer | R

My theory is that the winning plan somehow involves Temper.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-29 15:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lillica said: »
If you can't even beat the Mid-Boss what makes you think you can challenge the Overlord?

It isn't even this. I don't care how his losing fights go, people just wanted to and thought it was rude to ask so I asked for them. They were excited and thought it would be fun to fight him, which might even allow him to get more used to RDM. I don't know, there isn't a mountain of BS behind people wanting to fight somebody who says they are as good as he is.

He comes on here making it sound like people are trying to screw him over, when all I did was grind exp for him. Try to talk to talk to him.

Apparently everyone has to have sneaky anterior motives. I'd like to reference this again: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-29 15:24:42
Link | Citer | R

@Lili: That's not how it works. Zirk has the initiative in this situation, and giving away his tells can be the difference between a win and a lose in a single match, or the whole stretch. Zirk could potentially gain but could also hurt himself.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-29 15:25:59
Link | Citer | R

What tells. Apparently all he's going to do is lose and the fights don't translate, so it really is just a bunch of whiny ***.

I don't care if he doesn't, never did. But coming on here acting like everyone was trying to lure him into some trap is asking for me to give him the finger and tell him to start soloing crabs and hope he's ready by the 7th.

I even offered to buy him gear (after I said I wouldn't) and we directed him to sources that could craft him an Umbra cape and or were going to give him one.

This is ***is getting incredibly old.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-29 15:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Tells being his unconscious patterns, not in-game communications.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-29 15:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Unless I was watching him fight an army of DRK's. That wasn't the case. I explicitly said I expected to him to refuse all DRK's. The ones that wanted to fight were like a PLD a BLU and some other job.

If not for him coming on here trying to make me look like some seedy dishonorable jackass. The only post you would have seen is one of the god damn fight.
 Bismarck.Lillica
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-11-29 15:32:56
Link | Citer | R

If he, or anyone else for that matter, lacks the flexibility to change his strategies when fighting the others first and then when fighting Urteil he will lose regardless.

As I said much much earlier in this thread, anyone who does not come at Urteil with the ability to adapt, on the fly, with multiple successful strategies, they are going to lose.

You do not need Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C for each round. You need the whole *** alphabet.

If you really think that not fighting anyone else first is going to save you from having Urteil read you like a highlights in a doctors office, you are sadly mistaken.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-29 15:33:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lillica said: »
If he, or anyone else for that matter, lacks the flexibility to change his strategies when fighting the others first and then when fighting Urteil he will lose regardless.

As I said much much earlier in this thread, anyone who does not come at Urteil with the ability to adapt, on the fly, with multiple successful strategies, they are going to lose.

You do not need Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C for each round. You need the whole *** alphabet.

If you really think that not fighting anyone else first is going to save you from having Urteil read you like a highlights in a doctors office, you are sadly mistaken.

In reality he probably only needs up to E.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-29 15:34:54
Link | Citer | R

I think being a quick thinker is more important. Plans are hardly flawless, anything can happen that wasn't predicted.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-29 15:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Quick thinking is important, but having 5 unique plans of attack is pivotal so that your opponent can't hard-counter your strategy the next fight. It is best of 3, which means 5 possible matches, which means 5 unique strategies are needed.
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2012-11-29 15:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Quick thinking is important, but having 5 unique plans of attack is pivotal so that your opponent can't hard-counter your strategy the next fight. It is best of 3, which means 5 possible matches, which means 5 unique strategies are needed.

You mean best of five.
 Bismarck.Lillica
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-11-29 15:46:31
Link | Citer | R

You might need more than 5 strategies because theres a good chance that some of them will be failsauce. You need to have adaptive backup plans. ***like "Plan B subsection 14.3 condition R" might not be a bad idea.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-29 15:49:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Purpleeyes said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »

You mean best of five.
Thanks.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-29 15:50:05
Link | Citer | R

First off, I don't see why Urteil is so upset, I said I would fight them but I preferred to fight Urteil first.

Second, when you are feeling me out with probing questions like the one I already mentioned, it is reasonable to suspect you want to gather as much information as you can in advance and plan accordingly, so I decided to play it safe and divulge as little as possible.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-29 15:51:01
Link | Citer | R

Remember to masturbate before the fight, you guys are too tense.
[+]
By Raborn 2012-11-29 15:51:47
Link | Citer | R

Oh I see how this guy is going to beat you now, its all clear.
Well played Zirk... well played...
All makes sense, and boy I hope you figure it out before its too late.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-11-29 16:14:03
Link | Citer | R

excuse the possible ignorance on my part,

I thought your gear was locked-in in barrista? you can gear swap out on the island? that may have been more years ago now than I thought...
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-29 16:17:40
Link | Citer | R

You can swap but there is a 10 second penalty. There is many a time though where you can get away without doing stuff for 10 seconds so swapping gear is not completely off the table.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-11-29 16:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
You can swap but there is a 10 second penalty. There is many a time though where you can get away without doing stuff for 10 seconds so swapping gear is not completely off the table.

it was always this way?
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-29 16:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Yes
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-11-29 16:20:45
Link | Citer | R

wierd. I wonder why I thought that.....
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2012-11-29 16:32:22
Link | Citer | R

This is getting *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE now.
At this point it's like watching 2 dudes chirp at each other from across the bar. The end result will be so lackluster, it'll be like finally getting to see GSP vs Silva, only to have a ref step in 10 seconds in and break it up before anything even happens.

After the fight, it'll be one of 2 things:

"I was rushed to merit too quickly. Wasn't as ready as I planned out to be" or some such nonsense
vs
"Bought a 50,000,000 Gil Uberkuchen I have. Defeated I am so. Talk like Yoda with brain damage I will do in a condescending manner."
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-29 16:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
This is getting *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE now.
At this point it's like watching 2 dudes chirp at each other from across the bar. The end result will be so lackluster, it'll be like finally getting to see GSP vs Silva, only to have a ref step in 10 seconds in and break it up before anything even happens.

After the fight, it'll be one of 2 things:

"I was rushed to merit too quickly. Wasn't as ready as I planned out to be" or some such nonsense
vs
"Bought a 50,000,000 Gil Uberkuchen I have. Defeated I am so. Talk like Yoda with brain damage I will do in a condescending manner."

The irony is that the form, statements, and content of this post exemplify that which it is condemning.
Raw talent, you have padawan, or something, or other. Did I do it correctly?

I'll be honest with you however, I myself am starting to hate the entire thing. Until there is a video posted. I will not be posting again.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-29 16:41:14
Link | Citer | R

If I lose there will be no regrets, I did the best I could in the time frame given. If the challenge was still going to be open for another month, but I fought now and lost, then I would say I wish I practiced more or got better gear etc.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-29 16:47:13
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Shiva.Moogleking
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Moogleking 2012-11-29 16:47:34
Link | Citer | R

I posted this morning that I would transfer next week and fight him. None of this drawn out waiting. Zirk is going to use rdm that he prepared in a month. I have played rdm as my main for 5 years. Imo I would be a better matchup. I think urteil is bending over backwards for zirk, helping him merit and offer to buy/craft gear for him. I'm rdy. Let's do this
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-11-29 16:47:55
Link | Citer | R

There is no time limit on fighting him. just on winning the gil. you will be stuck on that server for some time after anyways. So you can always have yourself a rematch if you think that this loss would of been because you were rushed. (or win, whatever the outcome)
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
Serveur: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-29 16:50:16
Link | Citer | R

I think the PvP system in this game is terrible, but this is something I want to see now (Moogleking even more than Zirk).

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 76 77 78