100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 76 77 78
 Fenrir.Ruebyy
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ruebyy
By Fenrir.Ruebyy 2012-10-07 17:28:28
Link | Citer | R

So you like to let both parties come in cocked and loaded. Thats very... gratuitous of you. Takes a little intimacy away from the fight though imo
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-07 17:28:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ruebyy said: »
Prebuffing/JA rulings? Set engagement distance?

Also its not so much battle mechanics that are different as it is the multi hit ws nerfage. Before, breaking 1k was something to brag about and 2k was unheard of. But now tho...

Unless he had that much HP I'm not sure how that number was achieved, don't Multi hit WS only show remaining HP on target?

Perhaps if he was naked, but on a Paladin with buffs on sans phalanx I've never hit above 500.

I only have about 1500 hp so. . .not sure what the hold up is.

Still interesting if your capable of /that/ kind of damage you being rich should be a short inevitability shouldn't it?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-07 17:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ruebyy said: »
So you like to let both parties come in cocked and loaded. Thats very... gratuitous of you. Takes a little intimacy away from the fight though imo

You mean prepared?
Full power?

I want my enemy to be standing up.

I assure you intimacy isn't lost when Apocalypse starts swinging at your head.
 Fenrir.Ruebyy
By Fenrir.Ruebyy 2012-10-07 17:43:21
Link | Citer | R

LoL. He is a galka mnk who stacks hp so he's damn near the 4k cap. No counterstance up but i kinda caught him with his pants down.

I've always had an affinity for damage in ballista for whatever reason. And though my skills are quite rusty i used to 1v1 more than anything else. Drk being my first love as well. My win loss ratio was impressive vs any job then ballista died on asura so i jumped to fenrir. as soon as i get there there's a dio going on and i womp Delequiox, fenrirs poster boy (no disrepect) drk vs blu.

Quit a couple of times since then and haven't been back in my drk prime since then so sadly i'm playing our fight out in my head as blu instead of drk vs drk ;_;
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-07 17:50:25
Link | Citer | R

Come whatever you please.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-07 17:56:51
Link | Citer | R

I honestly don't see how intimacy isn't lost when you give yourself, or your opponent, any kind of handicap. The intimacy in a battle, or any kind of fight, comes from fighting someone who may be naturally better, or of equal strength.

If i were on Phoenix, i would take up Urteil on his offer, to see how well my drk stacks up against his, and how much more work i can put into mine.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ruebyy
By Fenrir.Ruebyy 2012-10-07 18:00:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm in the middle of a blood feud on Lakshmi right meow. Or i'd take you ip on that offer tonight. We got ourselves a douchebag who is upset about 60 caps being ruing or something so he comes of every uncap as rdm/blm and hypers to try and ruin matches.

I've managed to make him stop playing blu cor and blm to be cheap so far but rdm is giving me some difficulty because everyone on this server refuses to cooperate enough to do what the have to do to balance matches.

How often do uncaps start there because once i'm done with this guy pheonix might very well be my next destination.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-07 18:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Not often.

My LS does group stuff, sometimes others show up.

But if you look you'll find people worth fighting.
 Fenrir.Ruebyy
By Fenrir.Ruebyy 2012-10-07 18:03:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I honestly don't see how intimacy isn't lost when you give yourself, or your opponent, any kind of handicap. The intimacy in a battle, or any kind of fight, comes from fighting someone who may be naturally better, or of equal strength.

If i were on Phoenix, i would take up Urteil on his offer, to see how well my drk stacks up against his, and how much more work i can put into mine.

It's not a handicap when you and your opponent start on equal grounds. I just think it's more exciting when you have to earn those precious moments to buff yourself properly during a fight, and that much more of a testament to you skill if your can actually do it.

But there are advantages and disadvantages either way.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-07 18:20:37
Link | Citer | R

I think you misread. I never said fighting equally was a handicap, only that doing so is where the intimacy came from.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-10-07 18:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
People still take Liltrouble seriously?

Hint: Dorje fanboy
Isn't Liltrouble the guy who claimed to have the "best dds on all servers", yet failed to kill ADL several times?
edit: linky

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By LakshmiArtemas 2012-10-07 18:49:01
Link | Citer | R

This is clearly a ploy for his food mule to make millions.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-10-07 18:52:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »

Isn't Liltrouble the guy who claimed to have the "best dds on all servers", yet failed to kill ADL several times?
The first picture specifically...

Just.. how can someone.. have a Ragnarok.. and.. that.. oh.. oh my..

I don't even DD and that hurt me in ways that it shouldn't.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-07 18:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »

Doesn't surprise me (Dorje was just the first thing that came to mind but there's plenty), but your link doesn't work for anybody who uses different settings. Link the post instead of the page.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-10-07 19:08:30
Link | Citer | R

There ya go!

Be warned, what will be seen cannot be unseen...
[+]
By Fumbles 2012-10-07 19:12:17
Link | Citer | R

I would like to be the one that says this is a joke, but it is not.
The man will show up on drk, he will bring the money, and he will give you one hell of a fight.

Also, if you are coming in /nin or any of that sort just don't even bother showing up. It is a waste of time for yourself and him.

Though this conversation seems like a pissing contest, having gone up against him a few times myself I can say he talks the talk, but is able to back it up as well.

This is not for the cocky ones, but for the skilled and experienced.
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2012-10-07 19:16:48
Link | Citer | R

OP This thread is about as hype as a marvel money match.

someone please record this and youtube it or something if it goes down.

Id offer myself up as i use to hardcore ballista, but its been forever and ive been back playing for less than a month.

Also op, props to you for seeking out a real challenge.

PICS / Video please! I need to see good ballista.. Im surprised eviva er however his name is spell hasnt jumped on this.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-10-07 19:19:18
Link | Citer | R

4 pages and no one has has the minerals to take him on...
[+]
 Fenrir.Ixn
user: unknown
By Fenrir.Ixn 2012-10-07 19:37:45
Link | Citer | R

This looks like a lot o fun but I is different server D:|

yup. :I
:{I <-- that's a moustache
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-10-07 19:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't surprise me (Dorje was just the first thing that came to mind but there's plenty), but your link doesn't work for anybody who uses different settings. Link the post instead of the page.
Diomer said:
Everyone remember Liltrouble, who was having some trouble killing ADL until finally killing it on the 10th or so try and supposedly, the issue wasn't his DD cause he had like 9000 members with relics? Here's some of his DDs for ADL:
 Fenrir.Ruebyy
By Fenrir.Ruebyy 2012-10-07 20:39:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
I think you misread. I never said fighting equally was a handicap, only that doing so is where the intimacy came from.

Yea i didn't mean for it to sounds like i was disagreeing. Just further expanding on my previous comment.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-10-07 20:42:10
Link | Citer | R

Guy sounds like a PVP machine. If I played it more I would try.
 Asura.Hit
Serveur: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2012-10-07 21:07:42
Link | Citer | R

I would fight for fun if I was on your server, pvp is a lot of fun.
 Diabolos.Yugl
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-10-08 01:51:07
Link | Citer | R

I'll do this ballista if you want to go on the test server, but I don't want to leave a server just for this. I would be willing to send a mule to give you the item/receive gil though.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Serveur: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-10-08 02:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »

As much as i like killing ppl on bst its not worth $50 in transfer fees.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-10-08 03:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
I guess this is more so a post asking about strategy and putting fourth my advice from my perspective to anyone who's serious about challenging him, because I'm sure 99% of what he fights are people who give no thought into his tactics, which is probably why he's seeking this out.

WAR/SCH, using rare/ex gear I already own. Would put max merits into marksmanship and Aggressive Aim. Priority here is DT>HP>PDT. Would bring Bloody/Acid/Sleep bolts.

As for tactics, #1 priority is keeping Sublimation on, if you fail at this, he'll just sleep/drain you to death. I'd put barstone on in hopes of limiting petri, which would allow him to Absorb-Stats, Aspir, and fully buff himself, which will probably happen regardless, but iirc debuffs tend to resist more and more after a certain amount of time/casts. Now that the enfeeble path is almost pointless for him to pursue(aside from buffing himself at the start), I'd guess he'd also rely on xbow/bolts or melee. If we're talking melee, his biggest advantage is Last Resort, because of desperate blows. But WAR can counter this with Retaliation, but the key for the WAR's success would be keeping him in front so Retaliation can proc. If he doesn't use LR, then i'd focus on bolts, keeping acids on, trying to sleep interrupt anything he tries to cast, and bloody bolts if hp gets low. Which brings us to cures, he'll be able to cure4 himself if you let him, so using provoke to prevent this is also key and requires good timing. I picked Ukon over Brav because Ukko's gains a lot of power from Blood Rage and Warrior's Charge, and Brav's Aftermath is pretty short @100% tp.

tl;dr: Sublimation is key, intelligent bolt spam, Retaliation is your best friend if he melees you, Provoke cures/longer spells, pray Ukko's crits.

I can't promise this method would beat him consistently or at all, as he has years and years of experience, while most, including myself, haven't participated in years. I do feel, however, it would give him a run for his money.

Anyways, that's just my point of view. Can't really back any of it up, because, as I mentioned, I haven't done Ballista in years. If I got anything fundamentally wrong, or missed an important tactic, I'm open for criticism.

umm sch doesn't have bar spells...

They also greatly nerfed sleeps in PvP over the years. What I use to do years ago was carry a stack of red hot crackers and eat them during matchs. It was always funny watching mages freak out because their sleeps wouldn't stick, same with thfs and their bolts. Para is the bigger issue now. The one person I could never seem to beat was a rdm who put everything into para potency and initial -pdt. He would hit me with para and everything I tried to do would be paraed so by the time I broke through his SS and so on I'd be almost dead.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-10-08 03:56:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »

All the excuses make me lol. I would if not for this, I would if not for that. I let out an especially loud lol @Zangada.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-10-08 04:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Urteil would kick my rear so bad that my character would delete itself in shame.

lol at that truth. ;)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 76 77 78