Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » 100,000,000g Bounty
100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 76 77 78
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2012-11-15 19:21:50
Link | Citer | R

So, I think Urteil recently got Defending Ring, just making it THAT much harder to kill him =P
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-11-15 19:44:38
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone remember Shinfuuma on Pheonix server? Or the taru-taru Boco? I remember partying with them a lot @75 cap in king ranpears tomb.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-16 06:54:30
Link | Citer | R

Man Presidentobama and that Kinetex guy sure know how to live up to expectations.

Ha.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-16 08:14:48
Link | Citer | R

Please say there are videos.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-16 08:16:12
Link | Citer | R

That would require them to have enough of a spine to come over here to fail horribly on the posturing they made.

You were expecting far too much I'm afraid.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-16 08:26:15
Link | Citer | R

Bollocks. :(
 Odin.Alikhat
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Alikhat 2012-11-16 08:27:17
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
That would require them to have enough of a spine to come over here to fail horribly on the posturing they made.

^

It's quite easy to be all talk.

I would be almost willing to pay just to see such a video, though. Nothing more fun than watching over-confident people fail miserably.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-16 10:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Alikhat said: »

^

It's quite easy to be all talk.

I would be almost willing to pay just to see such a video, though. Nothing more fun than watching over-confident people fail miserably.

My, my. Aren't you witty.

But no, I understand completely.
 Odin.Alikhat
By Odin.Alikhat 2012-11-16 10:13:01
Link | Citer | R

My, my. Aren't you witty.

But no, I understand completely.

What can I say, it's like a form of Schadenfraude. And I happen to find that quite entertaining some days.
 Asura.Izilder
Serveur: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2012-11-16 12:15:04
Link | Citer | R

no good comes from to much PVE! NO GOOD! (plus im told its for the mofo PROS only)

Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-16 14:53:57
Link | Citer | R

I think the biggest thing preventing me from transferring is getting all my merits done, gonna need a lot of abyssea parties. Skilling up shouldn't be too bad, skilling up IN abyssea parties would be pretty sweet. Need Anesthesia to help me merit so there is at least one good DD present :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-16 14:57:43
Link | Citer | R

Welp. I'll see you sometime after the 25th then.

Worm parties are better than most cleaves on my server. I wonder how good they are there.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-16 15:07:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm almost always just meriting in a pick up group on Frigatebirds. Pick up groups at worms (La Theine?) is better than that?
By Arick 2012-11-16 15:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »
lolBallista

I second this. lolBallista. Though I must disagree with the grammar.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-11-16 15:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Worms is a great exp place but the downside is that you have mikey to contend with every 10-15 minutes if it pops in the way and also a full inventory from the ore's that drop.

Frigatebirds are also great for exp for mages to just blow up with a bard for sleeping. The only problem here is the mages will die if the birds aren't slept and the birds hit very hard and link.

Frogs in la theine is another great place for exp because there's a lot of them, no stupid nm, no stupid ores to fill up inventory. The only problem I've ran into is the plentiful trees that seem to be in the way.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-16 19:43:23
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
I think the biggest thing preventing me from transferring is getting all my merits done, gonna need a lot of abyssea parties. Skilling up shouldn't be too bad, skilling up IN abyssea parties would be pretty sweet. Need Anesthesia to help me merit so there is at least one good DD present :)

Let me know, we're doing raptors though :p

Raptors are bestest!
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-17 02:31:47
Link | Citer | R

Arick said: »
Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »
lolBallista

I second this. lolBallista. Though I must disagree with the grammar.

lolyou.
[+]
 Phoenix.Salmijr
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2012-11-18 10:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
... the downside is ...and also a full inventory from the ore's that drop.

you could always //ll profile exp or grab the ll profile for passing crap drops from bg and not worry about it....
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-19 16:13:51
Link | Citer | R

Thanks to a certain person who duo boxed all of the Abyssea clears for me in one night, I have Shinryu access on mule account so I can get my desired Twilight items now.

Things left to do:
- More testing, this is a pain because I can't 2box the testing I want to do so I need a LS mate(s) to basically spend hours of their time with me.
- Merits (need ~450)
- Get Shinryu items.
- Dark Ring(s)
- Ebur gants
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-19 16:28:32
Link | Citer | R

I'm still not sure if I'm going to go through the trouble of getting Ebur gants, if I get a Myriad Mystery Boxes I'll spend a few hours trying to get some evoliths and if I end up empty handed I might give up on it.

Upbeat how long did it take you to make yours / got any good tips?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-19 16:29:53
Link | Citer | R

So much preamble.
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-11-19 20:10:13
Link | Citer | R

I don't have a pair, that was just a suggestion. That whole post was just suggestions.

Generally I use:

Serpentes Cuffs when I know the target won't be able to break my DEF, and I just want to take it easy with as much refresh as I can get.

Estoqueur's Gantherots +2 for the enfeebling skill/m.acc, but mostly the enhancement to Saboteur. In some fights a Saboteur Slow II can really change the flow of the fight.

Coral Finger Gauntlets +1 vs mages that plan on nuking.

Melaco Mittens/Dux Fng. Gnt. +1 if I NEED the PDT, however Spurrina Gages would be better than either of them. I have the abjuration just need the hexed -1. Spurrina Gages also gives you an option to obtain Spell interruption rate down 102% quite easily.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-20 13:22:17
Link | Citer | R

I'd like to see both Upbeat and I fight Urteil, I think we would have different approaches; our gear sets are completely different at the least (comparing my gear to the two sets he has in his item sets/gear he has suggested).
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-20 14:07:03
Link | Citer | R

I wonder when my entourage will show up, so we can compare advice like the Manhattan project.

In truth the only input that I have to give is the disappointment that all the greatest minds of Vana'diel could come up with, is RDM.

I was really hoping for something a bit more offbeat, offzewall, straight from ze shoopuff.
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-11-20 14:41:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I'd like to see both Upbeat and I fight Urteil, I think we would have different approaches; our gear sets are completely different at the least (comparing my gear to the two sets he has in his item sets/gear he has suggested).
Maybe I'm alone, but I use the Item sets function to compare/create gear sets rather than post my actual gear for the public to see. I should unmark them to the public.

Quote:
In truth the only input that I have to give is the disappointment that all the greatest minds of Vana'diel could come up with, is RDM.

I was really hoping for something a bit more offbeat.
I agree, it would be interested to see a good PUP give it a try. A PUP that knows how to make use of the Automaton's provoke is really not talked about enough for how well it performs in 1v1s.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-20 18:08:45
Link | Citer | R

I mainly selected RDM because I just think it can win and it will take the least time for me to get RDM to a point where it is playable vs Urteil.

As I've said before the vast majority of jobs don't stand a chance in 1v1 PvP because 1)they don't have excessive burst to essentially 1-shot the opponent before the opponent to do anything to react, or 2) they aren't/can't become stronger than the opponent to the point where they are able to kill the opponent but the opponent can't kill them back.

As I mentioned awhile back, some of my Ballista LS mates had some good, original strategies which promptly owned me when I was on DRK, but after a few trials I figured out what the DRK needed to do to win. I don't want to transfer servers and use up my one shot at the 50 million gil in the hopes Urteil won't know what to do against my creative, offbeat strategy; especially since he gets three trials to figure out how to beat it. I want a job that can adapt to any situation and win regardless of what Urteil is doing.

And who knows, I might still show Urteil something he hasn't seen before ;) After I finish my challenge I'm sure we can discuss lots of crazy strategies and try them out.

And for Upbeat, regardless of whether you have the gear or not, you posted it as what you thought would be a good setup, which means our mindsets/approaches are somewhat different since it doesn't line up with what I thought would be a good setup. Who is actually right about what is best is unclear, that's why I said it would be cool to see us both fight Urteil.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-20 18:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Considering none of you guys have access to setups/gear that would make jobs competitive, it makes sense why RDM is chosen because it is the easiest, requiring the least knowledge.

Many of these jobs you claim have "no chance", I think can be contested.

What did your enemies have, Signeur shields at best a Dervish Sword. I'm sure most of what your DRK had to do to win was swing.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Serveur: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-11-20 18:31:44
Link | Citer | R

As a RDM with fairly optimal gear for how I play i'd be hard pressed to beat urtiel on it, not to mention it would be a fairly slow fight, gl though zirk.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-20 18:44:14
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't say RDM is the one of the easiest, RDM has to be constantly moving and executing the >correct< actions. One slip up and you can easily find yourself in trouble. A job which mostly relies on auto-attack damage and weapon skilling is way easier than RDM.

For example, BRD/NIN with dual marches/capped haste gear and just sprint at the spellcasting job and autoattack them to death and the spellcaster can't get any spells off between the BRD's attack rounds. The BRD is certainly easier to play there, all the pressure is on the spellcasting job.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-20 18:48:57
Link | Citer | R

The same can be said about any spellcasting job. That JP SCH that Urteil faced, the SCH made numerous mistakes/bad decisions and just got owned chiefly by Urteil running at the SCH with his scythe out. Way more difficult to play SCH than DRK. I have a feeling the vast majority of Urteil's wins have been against players that were playing sub-optimally like that SCH, since the vast majority of FFXI players have very little PvP experience and will not know the correct move to make at the correct time and just fall to constant pressure of an autoattacker.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 76 77 78