100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 76 77 78
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-11-06 22:48:05
Link | Citer | R

Again I want to remind everyone this was the MNK's first time doing PvP, I just want to make it clear that he's a very good PVE player. He's still learning about PvP.(As even the veterans are tbh) I was just trying some new ideas out on whoever I could get to go to the island with me... I can't really pick and choose when no one wants to go with me :/

The idea was RNG/RDM with -50% PDT, phalanx, and as much snapshot as possible to spam bloody bolts quick enough to keep HP up. Obviously there are numerous other strategies RNG can deploy that'll work just as well if not better. I just already had all of the gear for this type of strategy and wanted to give it a try.

Vs a decent PLD it worked quite well, and I was able to win a few times. Bloody bolts did 0 DMG which means 0TP... That made it a little bit more difficult, but I still managed by switching to higher DMG bolts while HP was up and bloody when I needed to recover some. Sadly I didn't record any of the RNG vs PLD fights.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 22:51:45
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »
Even if you WS him from point blank stun > run away and he's gone, you can't shadowbind in time from the WS animation lock.
neat thing about jishnu is you dont need to complete the entire animation to start your 2nd, and once again he wont be able to stun as the rng should not be getting that closed anyways unless he's silenced.

There are no alternatives, RNG/SAM loses.
i was being broad, rng/anything
 Siren.Fupafighters
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-11-06 22:55:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
Even if you WS him from point blank stun > run away and he's gone, you can't shadowbind in time from the WS animation lock.
neat thing about jishnu is you dont need to complete the entire animation to start your 2nd, and once again he wont be able to stun as the rng should not be getting that closed anyways unless he's silenced.

There are no alternatives, RNG/SAM loses.
i was being broad, rng/anything
One question. How are you silencing him? I heard mute, but my research shows no form of mute for ranger. If you can't silence him within .1 second of the match starting, it's over.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-06 22:56:24
Link | Citer | R

I liked some of what the SCH was trying to do in that duel video.
Letting Urteil stay in dark arts mode with /sch strikes me as a sign that you arent putting enough hurt on though.
Also easily overlooked is that Urteil has manifestation up as part of the self buffs at the match start, so kiss your shadows/blink goodbye pretty quick.

I'm a ballista newb but most SCH or /SCH in will macro+commit to an arts change + addendum + strategem burn and then go for their chosen spell all in one go which appears to be precisely what he banks on to close the gap and wreck you for pvp.

His playstyle appears to make a case for a regain moonshade earring with his ability to keep his weapon drawn even when he is heavily kited and remains 'spell dueling' in engagement range w/ weapon drawn. Given the first match was over 5 minutes long, a regain moonshade would have given him 100 ticks of regain.
You might be able to stay away from him for awhile, but a drawn out match just means more TP for him without touching you at melee range for a long time. Thats not even counting the TP a dark gets from the Occult Acumen Trait, its a tiny bit sure, but it all adds up and people probably underestimate how many hits away they are from getting a catastrophe ws in their face.

Theorycrafting aside, hoping to see more duel vids since they are educational even when noone is beating Urteil. I can't imagine him ever using anything but /sch and apoc for his weapon.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 22:58:33
Link | Citer | R

All WS have an equal delay after a WS where you can't act, it's in that time frame the DRK can cast stun. The only chance is WSing point blank with a kabura arrow and hoping he can't sprint out of range before the second WS. From lots and lots of Ballista experience, I don't think you can shoot the second WS in time before he sprints out of range.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 22:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Actually it is definitely impossible, weapon bash.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-11-06 22:59:51
Link | Citer | R

All WS have an equal delay after a WS where you can't act, it's in that time frame the DRK can cast stun. The only chance is WSing point blank with a kabura arrow and hoping he can't sprint out of range before the second WS. From lots and lots of Ballista experience, I don't think you can shoot the second WS in time before he sprints out of range.
Who even says that Jishnu is going to hit hard enough lol?
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 23:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunately the earrings are where some of the best resist gear is which you can't sacrifice for a regain earring.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-06 23:02:37
Link | Citer | R

Everything on above this, on this page, is false.

Hahaha.

*Edited for clarification.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 23:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Who even says that Jishnu is going to hit hard enough lol?

I sure as heck didn't, trying as hard as I can giving RNG/SAM all the benefits of the doubt, I can't make it work.

RNG/anything has the same problem of not being able to keep him enfeebled enough and not having enough answers to his enfeebles.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 23:07:10
Link | Citer | R

One question. How are you silencing him? I heard mute, but my research shows no form of mute for ranger. If you can't silence him within .1 second of the match starting, it's over.
look at the arrow selection

point blank for range is not even close enough for him to get in a weapon bash via running, if he had to sprint to get that close you're already eating up time, even then rng still have 3eye still un-accounted for.

from the sound of things though it seems you dont have ballista experience with rng though. if you can legitimately prove that you can run out of range from a 2nd jishnu i'll happily say it's impossible, otherwise i dont see any real legitimacy in what you have pointed out thus far even more so from the lack of reading comprehension from your initial post.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-11-06 23:09:10
Link | Citer | R

look at the arrow selection

point blank for range is not even close enough for him to get in a weapon bash via running, if he had to sprint to get that close you're already eating up time, even then rng still have 3eye still un-accounted for.

from the sound of things though it seems you dont have ballista experience with rng though. if you can legitimately prove that you can run out of range from a 2nd jishnu i'll happily say it's impossible, otherwise i dont see any real legitimacy in what you have pointed out thus far even more so from the lack of reading comprehension from your initial post.
Ok so, you're relying on silence to proc, on an arrow, which will not happen, ever.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 23:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Ok so, you're relying on silence to proc, on an arrow, which will not happen, ever.
i am, and the rates are not that bad even in ballista
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 23:13:39
Link | Citer | R

When I say the range weapon skills the dark knight from point blank, I mean the ranger's character is physically touching the dark knight. If the ranger backs off so he's out of weapon bash range, then the dark knight will surely be able to sprint out of range in time.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-11-06 23:13:50
Link | Citer | R

Ok so your arrow, at the start of the fight, will fire faster that a stun? No. You're being biased. Sorry dude, but rng/sam stands no chance.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 23:14:28
Link | Citer | R

The RNG has to be backed off enough the DRK can't sprint to the RNG in time to weapon bash(**edited) as well, not just slightly out of weapon bash range.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 23:21:00
Link | Citer | R

Ok so your arrow, at the start of the fight, will fire faster that a stun? No. You're being biased. Sorry dude, but rng/sam stands no chance.
4 yalms to run, stop, cast, all before the arrow leaves the bow. yeah i'm being biased.

The RNG has to be backed off enough the DRK can't sprint to the RNG in time to weapon bash(**edited) as well, not just slightly out of weapon bash range.
again 3eye
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 23:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Third eye doesns't stop weapon bash lol
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 23:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Third eye doesns't stop weapon bash lol
eh what? if that's the case then perhaps you do indeed have a point which i will concede to.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 23:25:22
Link | Citer | R

I'll go test it right now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2012-11-06 23:29:13
Link | Citer | R

GL to all who attempt.

I'm under the impression the duel allows for pre-buffs? Is this true?
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-11-06 23:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Just telling you man, Rng/Sam is not going to work. Also drk get's resist silence gear. Alot of it.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 23:29:17
Link | Citer | R

I'll go test it right now.
k cause aside from my initial point about being able to /ra and gtfo before the drk getting into range, this would pretty much crush it for my theory.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 23:32:17
Link | Citer | R

Just telling you man, Rng/Sam is not going to work. Also drk get's resist silence gear. Alot of it.
so you choose between resist silence or pdt, that does not sound like a wise choice, even if he were to sleep or stun the rng, the drk is quite open after that being that he would both be unable to make the kill shot on the rng, nor will be able to handle a single jish very well, let alone 2 and perhaps an included barrage.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 23:33:48
Link | Citer | R

The strategy still relies on fluking out and landing a sleep or silence through his blink, you going to pull that off for 3 wins?

This is assuming we force Urteil to use /SCH, he can go /SAM or /NIN and easily counter RNG/SAM.

And yes weapon bash goes through third eye, I was 99% sure as I havn't played DRK in 60 cap yet but I've never heard any discussion of it being a problem for DRKs.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 23:37:50
Link | Citer | R

The strategy still relies on fluking out and landing a sleep or silence through his blink, you going to pull that off for 3 wins?

This is assuming we force Urteil to use /SCH, he can go /SAM or /NIN and easily counter RNG/SAM.

And yes weapon bash goes through third eye, I was 99% sure as I havn't played DRK in 60 cap yet but I've never heard any discussion of it being a problem for DRKs.
for your initial point like i mentioned earlier it relied on the rng being able to gtfo after firing the arrow, which i cannot test, if he can then it's really not a fluke, just time.

/sam i wouldnt advise because then it'd become a slugging match which rng would win in the end

/nin i would agree would be a huge problem

and weapon bash going through third eye pretty much spoils it, thanks for playing the game.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-11-06 23:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Everything on this page, is false.

Hahaha.

Evil laugh... O_o
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 23:41:35
Link | Citer | R

The RNG can't gtfo after firing a shot either, while the RNG is moving into range to shoot the DRK, the DRK will be sprinting to well within the RNG's shooting range, and will cast stun as the RNG is still firing their shot, the first shot may go off, but that's a moot point.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-06 23:47:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm getting bored.

RNG/SAM can't kill me.

Find something else.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 23:48:16
Link | Citer | R

The RNG can't gtfo after firing a shot either, while the RNG is moving into range to shoot the DRK, the DRK will be sprinting to well within the RNG's shooting range, and will cast stun as the RNG is still firing their shot, the first shot may go off, but that's a moot point.
there IS a cool down on sprint >.>;;; and both have it, the rng can use it just as much as the drk to stay out of range.

but yes moot point.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 76 77 78