user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-06 21:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Magic is 20.9 actually.

Thank you sir.
By Zephin 2012-11-06 21:27:22
Link | Citer | R

Sleep bolt will be null with sublimation.

1 single strategy will not suffice. I assume he would just adjust. Your best off playing his game. Heavy DD /sch. Sublimation keeps you from sleep, erase for bind, cures for oh shi.

Probably Rng/sch with arma and kraken club would be well off. Him running in can give insta tp to you. But you having tp gives him something to absorb. From what has been said in previous posts wildfire is a contender in ballista. He would be risking much to run in and swat you with his apoc. And if it came to a kiting game, you still have gun with barrage, double shot and so forth.

And no i won't transfer for a battle. Just theorycrafting here.
[+]
 Siren.Obliterate
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: TBMC
By Siren.Obliterate 2012-11-06 21:32:47
Link | Citer | R

Id just like to say good job to that SCH. It was obvious that he was a little under/improperly geared and inexperienced when it came to 1v1 in ballista(which probably led to the gear choices) but nonetheless he had the courage to step up and accept the challenge and should be commended for it. Anyone that has ever 1v1d in ballista before knows there is alot of pressure involved and seeing as how there were also people there watching, he/she did well.

This challenge has intrigued me and no doubt alot of other former ballista participants. I have transfered servers before to pvp(diabolos to fenrir, then back) so I am currently considering it. There is no doubt in my mind if I was on your server I'd have already given it a shot, win lose or draw it would be a good challenge. I'll keep you posted but atm I am considering going after some preparation.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 21:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Zephin said: »
Sleep bolt will be null with sublimation.

1 single strategy will not suffice. I assume he would just adjust. Your best off playing his game. Heavy DD /sch. Sublimation keeps you from sleep, erase for bind, cures for oh shi.

Probably Rng/sch with arma and kraken club would be well off. Him running in can give insta tp to you. But you having tp gives him something to absorb. From what has been said in previous posts wildfire is a contender in ballista. He would be risking much to run in and swat you with his apoc. And if it came to a kiting game, you still have gun with barrage, double shot and so forth.

And no i won't transfer for a battle. Just theorycrafting here.
oh of course that wouldnt be the only strategy, but him not using stoneskin to begin with almost completely nulls out the need to use sleeps, then you could switch to mutes, mute him, bind him and proceed to double jishnu. The gratest strengths i could see would be rng's range, debuff capabilities, speed, and raw power.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Hapa 2012-11-06 21:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Sublimation stops at 50% hp at which point you can sleep. however blink shadows will absorb your sleep bolt shots, and he can recast blink.

25'
Maximum Ranged Attack range.
21.8'
Maximum distance for most targeted spells cast by a player. This varies with the size of the target.
17.2'
Maximum range for Jishnu's Radiance.
15.8'
Maximum range for most ranged Weapon Skills (excluding Blast Arrow, Blast Shot).
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 21:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Hapa said: »
Sublimation stops at 50% hp at which point you can sleep. however blink shadows will absorb your sleep bolt shots, and he can recast blink.

25'
Maximum Ranged Attack range.
21.8'
Maximum distance for most targeted spells cast by a player. This varies with the size of the target.
17.2'
Maximum range for Jishnu's Radiance.
15.8'
Maximum range for most ranged Weapon Skills (excluding Blast Arrow, Blast Shot).
which would make it a hit and run game until you properly slept or muted him, which you can bind him if need be to get in proper range to max out your weapon skill. though blink will pose a problem anyways as either you slept him before burning his shadows or you burned his shadows but unable to land the sleep which allows him to recast blink again anyways, which would pretty much require a rng to start the fight with mutes regardless.

the major losing factor i could see with rng is if the bow you use does not allow you to to shoot off an arrow and move away before the drk gets close enough to cast and succeed in sleep/stun.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-11-06 21:54:15
Link | Citer | R

If you were on Fenrir I would try to beat you everyday! 50M ffs!!
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 21:55:24
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »
i know i would have if i was still active and my gear was up to date with the current content, this is quite the lure especially for someone that loves pvp.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2012-11-06 21:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
which would make it a hit and run game until you properly slept or muted him, which you can bind him if need be to get in proper range to max out your weapon skill. though blink will pose a problem anyways as either you slept him before burning his shadows or you burned his shadows but unable to land the sleep which allows him to recast blink again anyways, which would pretty much require a rng to start the fight with mutes regardless.

the major losing factor i could see with rng is if the bow you use does not allow you to to shoot off an arrow and move away before the drk gets close enough to cast and succeed in sleep/stun.

Shadowbind only lasts until your first hit on him, then he can come for you. to WS you have to run into his casting range. Also Shadowbind 5min recast. cant count on that to keep being your fallback, unless you are running around 'trying' to kite him. which the answer to that /sprint.

Agreed RNG biggest advantage is range, just like fighting him on corsair, that doesn't mean he is just going to wave at you as you shoot him down across the map. Going /sam into a pvp almost assures you want to lose. No buffs, sublimation, debuffs, ability to dispel. So much more is lost in taking that away for the ability to use meditate or ws twice.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 21:56:51
Link | Citer | R

This Ranger strategy is all over the map here.

Are you using bow or crossbow? You can't have both.

What sub job are you using? You can't be subbing both SAM for TP and SCH for sleep immunity.

Even with SAM sub, how are you starting at 200+TP to double weaponskill?

Sekkanoki makes your weapon skill accuracy absolutely crap, so you're first Jisnhu's Radiance is going to be very underwhelming.

They recently buffed ranged weapon skill range, I thought it was the same range as ranged attacks now, so your WS ranges are probably out of whack.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-11-06 21:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »
i know i would have if i was still active and my gear was up to date with the current content, this is quite the lure especially for someone that loves pvp.
Being Blu or Pld may be my best bet even though that bet is small lol.
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2012-11-06 22:03:37
Link | Citer | R

Zink, come to phoenix and demonstrate your greatness for us. :D
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 22:06:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm only good with strategy, I have no 1v1 PvP experience but I'm still hoping to give it a try once I can get my RDM mule leveled, skilled, geared, and merited.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 22:09:59
Link | Citer | R

Shadowbind only lasts until your first hit on him, then he can come for you. to WS you have to run into his casting range. Also Shadowbind 5min recast. cant count on that to keep being your fallback, unless you are running around 'trying' to kite him. which the answer to that /sprint.

Agreed RNG biggest advantage is range, just like fighting him on corsair, that doesn't mean he is just going to wave at you as you shoot him down across the map. Going /sam into a pvp almost assures you want to lose. No buffs, sublimation, debuffs, ability to dispel. So much more is lost in taking that away for the ability to use meditate or ws twice.
going /sam is the only real way i could see winning effectively because it would basically require a sekko'd jishnu to deal with him, otherwise it'd be futile. the shadowbind is only there to get in for the first hit, what direction he runs after your first jishnu doesnt matter because he wouldnt be able to run out of range nor close enough to hit you in time before the 2nd jishnu goes off, and he wouldnt be able to cast between jishnu anyways while muted.

Carbuncle.Zirk said: »

What sub job are you using? You can't be subbing both SAM for TP and SCH for sleep immunity.

Sekkanoki makes your weapon skill accuracy absolutely crap, so you're first Jisnhu's Radiance is going to be very underwhelming.

They recently buffed ranged weapon skill range, I thought it was the same range as ranged attacks now, so your WS ranges are probably out of whack.
actually i gave a broad selection of choices initially, but im a primarily a bow ranger so my theories would be biased as far as that goes. but the strategy is pretty much the same.

double shot, mutes/sleep hit and runs until effective and have enough tp through meditate. if he is muted and not slept, you bind him so you can safely get close enough to begin your jishnu chain.

and i have not mentioned any sub but sam, and i have pointed out the downfall of the fight already:

as for TP it really should not be an issue, you both have access to sprint yes, but rng normally has the better running speed, so it's basically a waiting game, you run until you're ready. Sure it sounds lame for those that like to be in the face of their opponents the entire time, but consider rng a sniper, it's all or nothing anything after that you're screwed.

as for sekka, that is really void anyways as last i checked the accuracy drop only affects melee weapon skills and rng has an accuracy up skill anyways.

as for buffed ranged weapon skill range, it's buffed sure, but it should still follow the same principle anyways.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-11-06 22:11:16
Link | Citer | R

going /sam is the only real way i could see winning effectively because it would basically require a sekko'd jishnu to deal with him, otherwise it'd be futile. the shadowbind is only there to get in for the first hit, what direction he runs after your first jishnu doesnt matter because he wouldnt be able to run out of range nor close enough to hit you in time before the 2nd jishnu goes off, and he wouldnt be able to cast between jishnu anyways while muted.

actually i gave a broad selection of choices initially, but im a primarily a bow ranger so my theories would be biased as far as that goes. but the strategy is pretty much the same.

double shot, mutes/sleep hit and runs until effective and have enough tp through meditate. if he is muted and not slept, you bind him so you can safely get close enough to begin your jishnu chain.

and i have not mentioned any sub but sam, and i have pointed out the downfall of the fight already:

as for TP it really should not be an issue, you both have access to sprint yes, but rng normally has the better running speed, so it's basically a waiting game, you run until you're ready. Sure it sounds lame for those that like to be in the face of their opponents the entire time, but consider rng a sniper, it's all or nothing anything after that you're screwed.

as for sekka, that is really void anyways as last i checked the accuracy drop only affects melee weapon skills and rng has an accuracy up skill anyways.

as for buffed ranged weapon skill range, it's buffed sure, but it should still follow the same principle anyways.
Stun, sleep, game over. /sam is dumb. You forget many factors too. Urteil could just use PDT gear and resist gear.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 22:18:46
Link | Citer | R

i havent forgot that, by looking at his profile i was expecting him to, which is why i said i needed /sam for sekka. you come /nin, shadows easily gone. /sch, really doesnt fit rng and the most important debuffs aside from dispel rng can do already. heal would not matter, hell mp would not matter because of drain mp. Sorry but i do not see another logical sub to use in this scenario.
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-11-06 22:20:00
Link | Citer | R

Uploading a video of RNG/RDM fighting a MNK(It was his first time doing pvp, he was just figuring things out), it's nothing special... I've been playing with the idea of using RNG quite frequently off and on. RNG is actually not bad at all if used correctly.

Really wish SE would of given us magian Daggers or Axes /sadface
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 22:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Upbeat said: »
Uploading a video of RNG/RDM fighting a MNK(It was his first time doing pvp, he was just figuring things out), it's nothing special... I've been playing with the idea of using RNG quite frequently off and on. RNG is actually not bad at all if used correctly.

Really wish SE would of given us magian Daggers or Axes /sadface
magian axes would have made my day
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 22:25:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty sure Sekkanoki was nerfed in Ballista specifically because SAM/RNG was owning too hard with Sidewinder > Sidewinder Reverb, it definitely affects ranged WS. WS with Sekkanoki is like weaponskilling while flashed.

Sleep Arrows resist VERY easily, you can never count on them, I've personally used sleep arrows a lot in 60 cap Ballista.

What are these mute arrows you are talking about, Kabura Arrows i.e. silence? I'm not counting on my RDM being able to land Silence so Kabura Arrows would nearly all get resisted as well and if one should land it probably won't last nearly as long as Silence spell lasts, just how sleep arrows only last a few seconds.

Here is your best case scenario. We'll assume you start with 200+ TP.

Your opening double shot sleep arrow has one arrow dodge blink and proc sleep, the second arrow removes a blink shadow. Repeat the same to remove second blink shadow.

You sekkanoki weaponskill with a sleep arrow equipped (base damage 1), the sleep procs on the weaponskill and you get lucky with sublimation tick so he doesn't wake up in time to stun or sprint away from your second WS.

Because your strategy is painfully obvious, he's going to be gearing with as much -phy damage reducton as possible, probably even opening with earth staff equipped if he can't get close to cap elsewhere.

Long story short double jishnu's is not going to come close to killing him. He'll only build even further resistance to sleep/silence arrows over time and then you've got nothing to stop him from enfeebling you.
 Bismarck.Lillica
Serveur: Bismarck
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-11-06 22:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Not sure how good evasion is on DRK but I had a RNG not too long ago try to sleep bolt me when I was on DNC using a pure PDT setup (I thought he would be more accurate) and he hit me like 2/10 times, and sublimation said eff that crap.

There is a good chance though that the guy didn't have his skills capped, after all he applied to our shell as a main thief with no TH gear...
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 22:33:01
Link | Citer | R

RNG will be able to land ranged attacks on a DRK no problem.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 22:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Another fun point, RNG has E evasion skill and DRK has E marksmanship skill, so DRK could counter your ranged advantage with his own crossbow.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-11-06 22:37:06
Link | Citer | R

You're not going to keep him silenced.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 22:42:00
Link | Citer | R

as i mentioned you cant run far away enough to get away from the 2nd ws, you can do it immediately, stop thinking you can, rng is not a sam, it has a far wider ws range than a melee ws does.

as i mentioned if i cant have him slept i would bind him, sleep wont matter on jishnu because it can only proc on the first hit, the additional hits will wake him up unlike double shot would.

and lets say he can build up about 40% do you honestly think that you can tank flashy shot -> jishnu -> jishnu -> darkness? highly doubtful, even if he could you'd still have the initial hits from the attacks you've dealt and a barrage still to use.

it's all or nothing, there is no other way a rng could really do anything without helping him.

But hey if you can come up with a better theory, be my guest. if you want to take part in theory crafting you might want to give logical insight on the matter as well.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 22:42:57
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
you wouldnt need him silenced for long, at most about 5-10 seconds.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 22:45:28
Link | Citer | R

If your first jisnhu can't sleep him its impossible to land your second WS in time to close SC because he will be sprinting away.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-11-06 22:46:02
Link | Citer | R

You have alot of thinking to do. Rng/Sam is not going to win. No matter how you play it. JS.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-06 22:47:40
Link | Citer | R

If your first jisnhu can't sleep him its impossible to land your second WS in time to close SC because he will be sprinting away.
you cant run 13~ yalms in less than a second even with sprint

You have alot of thinking to do. Rng/Sam is not going to win. No matter how you play it. JS.
as i mentioned to zirk, if you have any better alternatives im all ears.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 22:47:43
Link | Citer | R

Even if you WS him from point blank stun > run away and he's gone, you can't shadowbind in time from the WS animation lock.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-06 22:48:03
Link | Citer | R

There are no alternatives, RNG/SAM loses.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 76 77 78