100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 76 77 78
 Carbuncle.Evviva
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Evviva 2012-11-04 22:00:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
You do understand I'm advocating at holistic mastery over the game with that statement.

In a system that has gains from all other systems in the game, that shows the fruits from labors across the entirety of your character's existence.

Conquering the world to get the powerful items within the Final Fantasy XI universe and then mastering them through precise execution.

A concise meeting of conviction, purpose, and skill, at the highest levels and heights conceivable.

Of course I understand. The bolded statement is one of great meaning, and I commend you for it.

Ballista and PvP in this game are wonderful, as you said; it is far deeper than much give it credit for.

Now our playstyle slightly varies, but I assure you, we have holistic mastery over our universe as well.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-04 22:23:57
Link | Citer | R

It should not be construed that we are advocating the same thing.

We are most certainly not. Unfortunately.

Close, though.
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-04 22:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Lye said: »
Is it safe to assume all of other observers are from Urteils ls?

Upbeat is not.

When you ran away, silenced, those players that stayed around your opponent would have no means of communicating to you, via VoIP, what buffs he puts up in your absence right?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-04 23:10:26
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix said: »
I think you misunderstood. My "focus" was on PVP vs a silenced mage, which is lame. Let them use echo drops, and the odds of a DRK winning vs an experienced RDM or BLU are slim to none. Not because they are better, but because PVP mechanics in FFXI heavily favor those jobs. On the other hand, PVP vs a silenced mage without access to echo drops would favor any job that doesnt heavily rely on magic to function. In other words, if you land one guilly, game over for the mage, which is why you created the rule.

My win rate against any BLU or RDM you are able to conjure is 100% since everything you say oozes complete ignorance.

I don't start out with 100% tp, unless you're implying I'm subbing Samurai. If so, refer to statement 1.

It's pretty funny how you assume I use guillotine more than 1% of the time versus anything. I cannot legitimately remember the last time I chose that particular WS over the ones I have available.

Also it shows how little you do know, as I do rely heavily on magic to function. I can't use echo drops either. Are you implying DRK doesn't need its magic? What game are you playing.

Also guillotine silence isn't terribly reliable it is very easy to defend against. You don't seem to be able to read my previous post, but maybe this time after typing it twice, you'll pick it up.

You can go away now.

Actually wait,

BLU and RDM! /clutches heart/ Everyone take this guy's sure-shot advice and come get your milions. I'm powerless to defend against these two specific jobs. You heard it here first folks, this guy has figured it out. You all know about my secret weapon, my ace-in-the-hole, GUILLOTINE. /wink

NooooOooooOOOoooooOOOOOoo.

I can understand how you might be jaded. I've seen the ***slung at you in many other PvP related threads. This is after all FFXIAH. I respect what you are doing. Don't sling that ***back on me sir. I'm clearly not as ignorant as you would like to frame me.

I prefer Guillotine as it allows a DRK/SCH to have the utility of silence with respectable damage, with four separate chances of it getting to land.

LINK

Now, before I hop over and take a shot at your bounty, I have a relevant question. Are players allowed to fully buff before each fight?

Guillotine can silence. Against anyone who doesn't want to be silenced through gear or defensive spells, it isn't going to work. It won't be reliable and there are other options available that do more damage.

There might be small situations where I would use it, but it is not my go-to-WS.

I'm not quite sure what you're arguing. I said something factual?

You might want to think to yourself if I might have acquired something in the last year or whatever (since that post), that might outshine guillotine.

Before coming in here and acting like you found some hidden treasure, like a fool.

Yes they do. You get to buff fully before we fight.
I look forward to your visit.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-04 23:25:05
Link | Citer | R

*cough*Apoc*cough*
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-04 23:26:27
Link | Citer | R

You might want to think to yourself if I might have acquired something in the last year or whatever (since that post), that might outshine guillotine.

Before coming in here and acting like you found some hidden treasure, like a fool.

I have. Resistance job traits and gear have fairly recently received quite a boost in PvP. Bad for the old no echo drops guillotine strat, but good for the overall balance of PvP.

I never once used this strategy.

I've been at this a lot longer than this thread.

So when can I expect you? I'm free right now. Events just ended and Meebles didn't drop ***.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-04 23:27:15
Link | Citer | R

Best case scenario for Guillotine landing silence is probably around 14% anyways.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-11-04 23:29:21
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-04 23:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Best case scenario for Guillotine landing silence is probably around 14% anyways.

Well, with zero gear on its probably 100% Or job traits etc.

However with any kind of preparation 14% sounds about right, that or 0.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-04 23:34:41
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Well, with zero gear on its probably 100% Or job traits etc.

However with any kind of preparation this all goes out the window.
I don't think any additional effects are 100%, and most are broken right now as far as I know anyways.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-04 23:36:57
Link | Citer | R

100% does seem far fetched (quack).

This is what I have observed in practice during the 75 era:

When I gear to resist I easily/often do.
When I/others don't it "always" would silence me/others.

It would be neat to know that actual numbers.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-04 23:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Well, if all 4 hits land and if it naturally has a 50% chance per hit, you have a 93.75% chance it'll land. But all 4 hits landing is going to be 81.45% at best, which would be closer to about 76.3% or so of landing it. And I think 50% land rate is pretty if guillotine is one of the lucky, not broken ones. But then the natural wind resistance of a character comes in, gear, traits, etc.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 23:40:34
Link | Citer | R

If it's broken it's floored around 5% per hit on an equal level target :( haven't looked at those sorts of additional effects though, just a poison one
 Phoenix.Shiomi
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-11-04 23:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Is it safe to assume all of other observers are from Urteils ls?

Upbeat is not.

When you ran away, silenced, those players that stayed around your opponent would have no means of communicating to you, via VoIP, what buffs he puts up in your absence right?

I can honestly say no one did that. We are all pretty quiet and only pointing out things the OPPONENT should do for a better chance.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-04 23:41:54
Link | Citer | R

No plans to mess about with elemental resist gear at present since that would necessitate figuring out base macc/meva levels, but I'm working on devising a test for resist gear. Curious to see how potent each piece is myself.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-04 23:43:04
Link | Citer | R

All I know from additional effects is the skill somehow effects the accuracy. So with A+ and merits you have 440 "m.acc" vs a natural 373 "m.eva" And even that only puts you at 33.5% land rate, assuming it works like that.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-04 23:43:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
No plans to mess about with elemental resist gear at present since that would necessitate figuring out base macc/meva levels, but I'm working on devising a test for resist gear. Curious to see how potent each piece is myself.

I'd pay 50,000,000g for this.

Contest over.

FACETIOUS.
By Quil 2012-11-04 23:52:13
Link | Citer | R

By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-07 02:04:57

I'll leave this open for a month or two and keep the reward on hand.

I say ur 3days short! of the min :P lol jk
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-04 23:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Byrth did some sort of test on Resist Traits at one point.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-05 00:01:07
Link | Citer | R

~20% for level 4 traits, yeah. Not sure how wide the confidence interval was. Other trait levels and values of gear are unquantified afaik.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-11-05 00:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Resist trait testing is really obnoxious. Especially for gear, since you can't test that by casting on a mob.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-11-05 01:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Could you not just get two characters and test it out in PVP? You wouldn't need any enemies to test the resist traits on gear.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-05 02:28:26
Link | Citer | R

I have. Resistance job traits and gear have fairly recently received quite a boost in PvP. Bad for the old no echo drops guillotine strat, but good for the overall balance of PvP.

EDIT:
And apparently additional effects on some weaponskills are currently broken.

Guillotine isn't one of the additional effects that are broken.

For many years I used Guillotine to great effect. Gekko was used the same way. Both still can be.

Infernal Scythe however, is broken.
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2012-11-05 03:03:04
Link | Citer | R

A few Red Mage tips for anyone who wants to attempt the challenge... I can't won't give out everything as one day I might want to attempt this myself. After I post this I'm sure he's going to read it and figure out ways to combat pretty much everything.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-05 03:23:51
Link | Citer | R

You aren't allowed to use Enchantment items.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-11-05 03:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Betrayed.
 Carbuncle.Zirk
By Carbuncle.Zirk 2012-11-05 03:28:36
Link | Citer | R

P.S. RDM was the job I planned to take Urteil on with, although I've got no gear or merits or magic skills for it yet so I'm still a ways from being ready.

Everything you've said I've pretty much already come to independently, although I definitely would not want to use Death Blossom.

I have one other huge game changer in my back pocket that I'm still considering that no one else has considered yet as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 76 77 78