100,000,000g Bounty
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 76 77 78
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 03:41:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm not really opposed to making guides.

But its like everyone wants to educate them on how to beat my *** with a step by step diagram, have them come beat my *** and then shake my hand and take the 50,000,000g with them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 03:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Buying the account doesn't matter because you could work for the account. I didn't buy mine!

This is the first point to catch my eye.

Yes, yes, some people COULD work for it. But some very much don't. Also, I believe you didn't yours. I respect your gameplay. A lot. But if you think you are alone in NOT buying your account, then you are wrong.

I am not trying to dismiss your efforts in getting your gear. My point is that you cannot compare it to bodybuilding. It is very different. Not everyone in game earned what they got. People leech, people steal, people hop servers to get ahead.

Yes, that can happen in RL through steroids, etc... but again, very different.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 03:45:25
Link | Citer | R

If you are logged into the game.

Even if you paid 3000 dollars for the account, because that is the route you wanted to take to fight me. I would still fight it.

If you leeched or were logged in or somehow were at that area at that time to get the item in your inventory, you got it.

If you build an LS nurture a group, care for them, yourself and achieve victory/spoils, you got it too.

Either way it is in the game, in front of me, plain as day. From dropping off a mob or an in game system that produced it.

I didn't tell Syto to *** off because he bought gil to make his Mythic Great Katana. I told him buy it faster so he could finish it quicker.

So I could laugh at him for wasting his money with my Phorcys Schuhs planted firmly up his ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 03:45:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Cliamain said: »
Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
Phoenix.Cliamain said: »
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Sure it is.

I'm gearing to fight Aegis99/Burtgang99.
Not Adamas/Shikargar.

But that isn't how this game works.

That is what I thought. Then why would you be opposed to a PvP where you can choose your gear? Ultimately I think this can become something huge. But when you limit the contenders to what they have/are able to obtain, you also limit the participants.

He went out to get his gear. Why shouldn't the person that is taking him on/learn go out and get their own. If it were me i'd have a lot more pride if i fought him with something i earned and worked hard to get. Wouldn't be any fun if the game just said here, take it and fight.

But if he can just take it and beat him, what does that say?
And again, him having what you have doesn't take it away from you.

But then again you didn't win cause you worked hard to obtain something. You won cause the makers of the game got to hold your hand and give you what he had to bust his *** for.

This would apply if the goal was to see who could get more gear faster, or better gear, etc...

if it is a one vs. one fight, it is different.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 03:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Yea one guy brings the gear and job he got to the fight.

The other brings the gear and job he got to the fight.

And then they fight.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 03:47:57
Link | Citer | R

Yea one guy brings the gear and job he got to the fight.

The other brings the gear and job he got to the fight.

And then they fight.

OK, so then we agree... regardless of how he got it, the best man should win?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-10-11 03:50:29
Link | Citer | R

Urtell:
My intention wasnt to have 30+ shots at winning the prize, its just that if I was going to transfer for a month id hope to at least find an opportunity to pvp regularly during that month (and hone my skills) even if there is no wager made. Making the journey for one fight no matter how big the reward doesnt interest me at all.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 03:51:17
Link | Citer | R

Right, but all the gear on the account/methods was obtained through mastering the in game systems.

While I don't approve of the 3000 dollar account buying method, what am I going to do, refuse to fight them based on something I can't prove?

I just have to be able to beat any gear combination that approaches me.

You don't log in with 100 in all crafts, an ebisu rod, and all relics and mythics 99.

You have the same game world as anyone else to play on, so go make something that will benefit you.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 03:51:56
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Urtell:
My intention wasnt to have 30+ shots at winning the prize, its just that if I was going to transfer for a month id hope to at least find an opportunity to pvp regularly during that month (and hone my skills) even if there is no wager made. Making the journey for one fight no matter how big the reward doesnt interest me at all.

I like to PvP all the time.

As when people refuse to fight me they lose by default via cowardice.
I in turn can never refuse a serious challenge and will entertain anyone after/before LS events.
By Artemicion 2012-10-11 03:54:00
Link | Citer | R

Someone needs to promise me there will be youtube footage available when all is said and done.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 03:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
Someone needs to promise me there will be youtube footage available when all is said and done.

If there is a fight I'm going to do my best to have Upbeat record it.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 03:57:18
Link | Citer | R

Right, but all the gear on the account/methods was obtained through mastering the in game systems.

While I don't approve of the 3000 dollar account buying method, what am I going to do, refuse to fight them based on something I can't prove?

I just have to be able to beat any gear combination that approaches me.

You don't log in with 100 in all crafts, an ebisu rod, and all relics and mythics 99.

You have the same game world as anyone else to play on, so go make something that will benefit you.

Right, but in the game world 10 different people will come to the same conclusion in different ways. Buying accounts, leeching, soloing, duoing, LS...

My point is, when it comes down to 1 on 1... all that needs to be thrown out. We all have our opinions, but the fact is we are what we are now... some deserve it, some don't. So what better measure me against you than skill. Choose your gear, and the best will win.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 03:58:19
Link | Citer | R

If you want what I have you need to do what is necessary to obtain it.

Otherwise the bright brilliance that is your raw talent will always be snuffed out by your lack of conviction.

If I did it. Why can't you.
Am I just blatantly better than you?
[+]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 03:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Exactly... I can pay someone to get me the gear I want... all I have to have is money. But your skill is what will beat me in the end.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 04:00:47
Link | Citer | R

What is going to beat you is my holistic mastery over the universe we are playing in.

A carpenter needs the right tools to create master pieces.
Why would a carpenter of your caliber not get the right tools?

That Excalibur upside my face wasn't very forgiving.

*edit, 'Total' didn't have the right meaning.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Exactly... I can pay someone to get me the gear I want... all I have to have is money. But your skill is what will beat me in the end.
If you want what I have you need to do what is necessary to obtain it.

Otherwise the bright brilliance that is your raw talent will always be snuffed out by your lack of conviction.

If I did it. Why can't you.
Am I just better than you?

Then why not even out the playing field with gear? You know you have them beat
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:02:10
Link | Citer | R

What is going to beat you is my total mastery over the universe we are playing in.

Then who gives a ***if I have better gear than you?
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:04:16
Link | Citer | R

If you have mastery over the universe, then you can crawl out in a diaper, and even with the perfect FFXI gear, I will bow to you. I really see no reason not to give your opponent gear options.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 04:04:20
Link | Citer | R

Why not even the playing field by doing something?

Why is it that you ask I lower myself to meet you.

Despite all the ladders in place I don't see any frantic scrambling to go higher.
By Artemicion 2012-10-11 04:05:09
Link | Citer | R

I find it funny people feel entitled to be granted the gear they deem necessary to fight you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 04:05:23
Link | Citer | R

If you have mastery over the universe, then you can crawl out in a diaper, and even with the perfect FFXI gear, I will bow to you. I really see no reason not to give your opponent gear options.

Mastery of the FFXI universe, how it functions, my character, the events, equipment, strategies and powers that be within it.

The options are all out there go make some VW party or run a group of people and get everything you need. Or go level or farm dynamis /cleave cruor a relic.

Am I God now? I grant people gear options?

This defending ring isn't appearing in my inventory any faster nearly ***myself trying to conjure it.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Why not even the playing field by doing something?

Why is it that you ask I lower myself to meet you.

Despite all the ladders in place I don't see any frantic scrambling to go higher.

Well you already master the world in which I live... sharing the same dress is surely not asking you to lower yourself to me.

Do that, and that alone... and still I will be well beneath you.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:08:18
Link | Citer | R

And to be honest, will all this banter and jest, I am not even the one who would ever face you. I know I would lose. I know my limits, and I accept them. I also know my strengths. Which would not be facing you.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 04:08:43
Link | Citer | R

Its too bad, you obviously have potential.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:11:40
Link | Citer | R

Its too bad you obviously have potential.

I take that as a compliment. But I know myself, and I know that I would be better at understanding the strategy and teaching those who could employ it. And I am also pretty well versed at recognizing talent...
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 04:12:37
Link | Citer | R

Do we make out now.
By jettu 2012-10-11 04:14:40
Link | Citer | R

Do we make out now.
moar of this^
[+]
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:14:54
Link | Citer | R

You know I appealed earlier to a SSBM video. I can watch that and see exactly where both parties went wrong. If I were in their shoes could I have prevented the flaws in the moment? No way! But I can learn from them both, find their strengths, and in the next battle, know how to exploit it... not that I could do it myself. But if I had someone who had the talent, I could teach them
 Bahamut.Eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-10-11 04:15:36
Link | Citer | R

Do we make out now.

I mean, that is up to you. My girl is asleep, so...
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-11 04:16:35
Link | Citer | R

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 76 77 78