Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Presidental Debate One
Presidental Debate One
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-06 15:42:59
Link | Citer | R

BakingJonez said: »
Jetackuu said: »
I still think it's funny that they say the man looked distracted when he was obviously listening to everything he said trying not to laugh his *** off.

Everybody listens in different ways, get over yourself.

being distracted, no respect for his opponent, etc.

Try it on your next job interview. Do not look your interviewer in the eyes when he talks to you. Stare are your desk/hands.

Do you think Mitt Romney beamed into Barrack Obama's eyes because he was so filled with justice and holiness?

*** NO.

He did it because he was told, by his campaign managers, that he needed to portray confidence, exuberance, and power.

Have you considered that Obama's body language was chosen?

It strikes me as logical. If you can't convince people things are infinitely better than they were 4 years ago, you ought to convince people that you've improved things some but aren't done yet. By looking down, at his podium ( READ... NOT HIS SHOES), Obama may be subconsciously perceived as being humble, focused, disinterested in squabbling with Rmoney about things fact checker is going to denounce tomorrow.

This wasn't a job interview. It was play. Each actor was doing exactly what their acting coach told them in order to endear them to the respective audience.

You seem to accuse everyone of bias, an yet, you lack any sense of humility that might acknowledge your own bias.
By BakingJonez 2012-10-06 17:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Taxes have been raised. It is called inflation. Stimulation is temporary. Higher prices are forever. That is #1 failed idea.

Oh, so the world didn't perceive him as a

my bad.

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
On the other hand there still is no explanation by Romney on how to pay for his 5 trillion in tax cuts, other than some sort of mystical explosive growth.

Mystical? All those republicants with the money will open businesses. This is their chance to buy back America. If you know anything about business and why 'sales' work, this is actually a really good idea. If they make the jobs, this will work.

Enuyasha said: »
If you pass the first two quarters in a semester and somehow your professor vows to fail you and suddenly you fail the last two quarters and ultimately fail the semester, was it your fault?

That is so convenient. When things are bad its Congress. When its good, its Obama.

Because it's your legal obligation. Unless you want to make the argument that all legal obligations are forcibly taking, which I don't think you want to do.

Depending on how one enters that legal obligation. Example: Being born? No fahkin way.

If you want to view all tax as theft from private citizens, be my guest. I'm not going to change your opinion on, if you want to ignore all the services and protections that government provides.

But to tax someone more because they make more money is theft.

John goes to school everyday and studies hard and gets a great job and works hard his whole life and makes good money.
Jim skips class, parties with his friends all the time, gets a ***job and struggles.

You say John should help Jim because he is better off.
I say you are a thief. John worked for that. Jim did not.

Sylph.Kandu said: »
If the government did not print it, you would not have it.

They didn't, they begged for it. A private company did.

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ragnarok.Pesh said: »
Keep waiting for that trickle down though, it's coming any decade now.

This is where you fail. America is about going and getting that top prize. Not being ok with second to last. American is about innovation and motivation to be the best and offer the best product. Not sing kumbiyah we are 28th! Please move elsewhere and take your kind with you. There are still safety nets for those who didn't succeed. We don't let people die in the street, usually.

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Where is the proof that people aren't networking or communicating their jobskills, or trying to develop new ones with the government assistance they are recieving? I'll be honest and blunt: Your depiction of the average person on welfare is rather skewed at best. In fact, it's down right insulting. Opportunity only exists for so long, and to so many people. Even with dirty degrading jobs, you have to think about how many people are applying for those jobs. Say you have 500 job openings in one city, which has an unemployed populous of over 4,000 people. What about the other 3500 people that still need that assistance?
Many of these people already offer volunteer services just to pass the time until other opportunities open up, but they still need basic utilities and necessities to live reasonably safe, so they can live long enough for the next possibility of a job.

You chastise these people as being lazy, when in fact, they probably work harder than the average joe with a job, simply because they need it. Welfare checks only give out so much money to live on, that barely covers rent, food, clothing, and other necessities.

Also, if you're that worried about these people being lazy, look at how many people recieving assistance end up taking courses to develop new skills, or learn how to remarket their current skills. Another option would be to teach the so-called lazy welfare bums how to get a job, despite all the unprofessional attitudes of interviewers, and the misguided notion that "it's a gift" to not work for those people.

I know alot of welfare families. The mom has no job, lives for 'free', raises a few kids for 'free', usually smoking cigarettes if not other drugs. Sometimes on a prescription, with medicare paying, selling those out. Free for her. Paid for by taxes. The child grows learning from this person and repeats their mothers pattern. Thus creating a never ending cycle. These people do not even look for jobs. Do you know how many 'anxiety' cases are on social security? I worked with this chick years ago in a Elks lodge. Who ended up leeching off Social Security with 'anxiety' as disabled she was not even 20.
Now, not to condemn them. Can I? Not really. Why not? Work with your head, not your back. My own personal reasons keep me from joining the system. But why wouldn't they? I mean struggling on dead end low paying jobs sucks. If you can sit at home and get more than you had, duh! So anyway the loopholes that allow the abuse need to end.
What we need is personal responsibility in welfare. Which leads me to this,
By Jetackuu 2012-10-06 17:50:39
Link | Citer | R

Such fallacies, I don't know where to begin.

How about this: logical conclusions aren't derived from arguments based in emotion.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-06 17:53:09
Link | Citer | R

Higher prices are forever. That is #1 failed idea.

Are you completely mentally deficient, or is it still a work in progress?

Higher Prices are only high so long as the free market deems it necessary. The more money you earn, the more you are legally obligated to pay. If prices in the free market drop, as was proven with the fuel and crude oil examples, other services and goods begin to drop in price as well - that rely on the transportation of said goods or services.

Business in control of government? Get real. You do realize that the majority of big business doesn't focus on creating jobs, only outsourcing jobs to bidders to do the tasks required more efficiently and at a cheaper price. That's right. People pay big business for job opportunities.

Let's not forget about the serious and rampant corruption that is perpetuated (though not always created) by big businesses (even small ones in some cases) about bad hiring practices, keeping costs at such a minimum, that they sacrifice quality and service, just to force a product out. Too big to fail, and yet they fail? Problem has to be the middle and lower classes for not spending money with faulty products or services.

I was also saving this for the next ignorant remark:

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2012-10-06 18:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Higher prices are forever. That is #1 failed idea.

Are you completely mentally deficient, or is it still a work in progress?

Higher Prices are only high so long as the free market deems it necessary. The more money you earn, the more you are legally obligated to pay. If prices in the free market drop, as was proven with the fuel and crude oil examples, other services and goods begin to drop in price as well - that rely on the transportation of said goods or services.

Business in control of government? Get real. You do realize that the majority of big business doesn't focus on creating jobs, only outsourcing jobs to bidders to do the tasks required more efficiently and at a cheaper price. That's right. People pay big business for job opportunities.

Let's not forget about the serious and rampant corruption that is perpetuated (though not always created) by big businesses (even small ones in some cases) about bad hiring practices, keeping costs at such a minimum, that they sacrifice quality and service, just to force a product out. Too big to fail, and yet they fail? Problem has to be the middle and lower classes for not spending money with faulty products or services.

I was also saving this for the next ignorant remark:

Although most of this theory is probably accurate, you still cannot ignore inflation that is currently making everything more expensive. Everything you said would make products more/less expensive regardless of inflation. Inflation is just another factor on top of profit/loss because the dollar is simply worth less.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-06 18:59:40
Link | Citer | R

The US dollar's worth is also concieved by economic standards: Hiring practices, the cost of goods and services, global economic relationships with neighboring countries, etc.

Inflation happens in a free market economy. It's not something that the government has direct control over. In reality, it's an effect which is caused by an increase or decrease in the quality of a service or product, as well as quality or product availablity. This is the very reason why the price of the same, or similar, goods and services differ from region to region.

It's a fundamental element of business to keep one's overhead costs down, because it's simply good business. But at the same time, many businesses, big or small, do so by using bad hiring/bad business tactics that focus solely on profit/loss margins.

Looking at some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world, such as Mike Holmes, Gordon Ramsay, and Jon Taffer, to name a few, run amazingly successful businesses, without sacrificing quality or service.

They also outright condemn the people who do. Mike Holmes, for example, Has his slogan: Make It Right. In two of his television shows, he will mock and condemn the contractors who take obvious shortcuts, or simply steal money from homeowners, and other individuals looking to use the money they earned, for a new house or renovation. That isn't to say he isn't without praise for a contractor or subcontractor who does something right.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-06 20:37:52
Link | Citer | R

On the other hand there still is no explanation by Romney on how to pay for his 5 trillion in tax cuts, other than some sort of mystical explosive growth.

Mystical? All those republicants with the money will open businesses. This is their chance to buy back America. If you know anything about business and why 'sales' work, this is actually a really good idea. If they make the jobs, this will work.

I honestly can't tell if you are for or against this by what you said here.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-06 20:40:56
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Although most of this theory is probably accurate, you still cannot ignore inflation that is currently making everything more expensive. Everything you said would make products more/less expensive regardless of inflation. Inflation is just another factor on top of profit/loss because the dollar is simply worth less.
Low, predictable inflation is not a bad thing, because it can be controlled for in contracts. If you know next year's inflation will be 2% you can alter wages by that much to reflect the inflation. Prices rise, but so do wages.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-10-06 21:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Taxes have been raised. It is called inflation. Stimulation is temporary. Higher prices are forever. That is #1 failed idea.

Oh, so the world didn't perceive him as a

my bad.

Seriously? If you're going to cite examples of how his body language was improper... the least you can do is:

1) pick original sources as it shows abundance
2) pick something other than "the onion."
By Jetackuu 2012-10-06 21:56:44
Link | Citer | R

wow I didn't even click those, I would have had so many laughs.

Apparently somebody doesn't know what satire is, wow. Too rich.

Great one Pleebo.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-06 21:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Oh wow, lol. Those aren't even subtle.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-06 22:37:27
Link | Citer | R

hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, in other news therumble2012 was funny at times. especially when stewart was 7 feet tall.
By BakingJonez 2012-10-07 00:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Lol, wasn't looking to cite sources. I didn't think i had to. It was easy to see who the grown up was.

Let me find some, as I seen these things for myself and don't get my opinions from some talking heads. Radical concept, I know.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/04/debate-body-language-who-won-who-lost/
By BakingJonez 2012-10-07 00:58:14
Link | Citer | R

lol that is a very accurate picture for yourself. Government is not corrupt? That is the whole idea of free market, if its junk, don't buy it! Duh!

But we have American regulation up the *** on manufacturing and commercial zoning etc. So the big companies who can afford to move where its cheaper to produce, can and will. Effectively squeezing out the middle man. Like you wouldn't want to make as much profit as possible if you were in business. Credits should be given for staying in America. Not penalties. Thank you NAFTA and outsourcing.

If the American product was better and more competitively priced, those would get bought. Do you shop at wal-mart or main street? Can't cry about others doing what you do.

I do not think at any time should the government bail out a private company. Sell a better product and maybe that won't happen.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-10-07 01:02:53
Link | Citer | R

Credits should be given for staying in America. Not penalties.
Actually this is part of Obama's plan, just sayin.
I do not think at any time should the government bail out a private company. Sell a better product and maybe that won't happen.
Banks that were too big to fail were bailed out because commercial obligations were to be paid first. AIG was so leveraged that it owed many times over what holdings it had, precisely because crap was given AAA rating, which fulfilled its requirements. In paying off investors who won big on the bets, they would have had to liquidate their holdings of thousands of individual insurance and retirement funds. If they had gone bust thousands of people would have lost everything.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-10-07 01:16:23
Link | Citer | R

so much contradiction, it hurts!!!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-07 01:39:18
Link | Citer | R

You don't take opinions from a talking head but you link a video of one via another talking head's blog?

... Is this parody? Are you doing performance art or something?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-10-07 11:03:37
Link | Citer | R

I think you have the wrong idea about NAFTA (The North American Free Trade Agreement) and what was actually said about bad internal business policies.

Not in any paragraph did i absolve government of being corrupt - because it is. Big business panders their special interests to government bodies, which then placates big business in return for special perks.

Unfortunately, without the intervention of the government on what's referred to as a living wage increase, employees would essentially be helpless to the bad practices of extremely low wages and extremely unsafe working conditions.

The point of NAFTA was an agreement that jobs and services would not be subject to tariffs between Canada and the US.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-10-08 11:26:41
Link | Citer | R

Ahh I see the religious war continues..

:popcorn:
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-10-08 12:14:24