The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 256 257
 Bahamut.Omegus
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2024-06-20 12:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Are there any die hard NIN's that have taken the plunge and made Dokoku yet.
Do we have any Numbers/parses under full buffs aria included.
I dont expect it to dethrone savage blade but it must be the best physical Katana WS, and Zesho Meppo's fusion property makes it a great sc partner for all the savage bladers around.
Copium can i have it XD
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-20 12:56:03
Link | Citer | R

It is not very good. Every time I use mine I just end up disappointed. Is it the best physical Katana? Yes, but the best is still worse than Sword. Haven't found that it deals enough damage to use it in any sort of party situation where physical damage is the name of the game (better off on almost any other job), and for hybrids I still use Heishi. For solo it's... fine, it's not really making kills much faster but it makes skillchains pretty brainless.

If I could go back I'd stop myself from spending millions of gallimaufry on it. I don't think it's a stretch to say it's the worst prime.
[+]
Serveur: Asura
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-20 13:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It is not very good. Every time I use mine I just end up disappointed. Is it the best physical Katana? Yes, but the best is still worse than Sword. Haven't found that it deals enough damage to use it in any sort of party situation where physical damage is the name of the game (better off on almost any other job), and for hybrids I still use Heishi. For solo it's... fine, it's not really making kills much faster but it makes skillchains pretty brainless.

If I could go back I'd stop myself from spending millions of gallimaufry on it.

Stage 4 or 5?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-20 13:10:21
Link | Citer | R

If I could go back I'd stop myself from spending millions of gallimaufry on it. I don't think it's a stretch to say it's the worst prime.

Lorg Mor enters the chat.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-20 13:11:18
Link | Citer | R

Diff between 4 and 5 doesn't really matter here, katana gets relatively little from the upgrade (only 8 base damage, miniscule amount of WSC because of how dogshit they decided to make WSC on prime 1h WS, 2% PDL) compared to the damage deficit compared to Naegling Savage Blade/Hybrids.

I want you to go look at the numbers for Ruthless Stroke, then look at the ones for Zesho Meppo. All will become clear

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Lorg Mor enters the chat.

I'm willing to say that the club isn't even worse. At worst they're on the same level but I'd bet the Club has some pretty cool things that can be done with it.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-20 13:15:58
Link | Citer | R

I want you to go look at the numbers for Ruthless Stroke, then look at the ones for Zesho Meppo. All will become clear

Oh I get it, I just made stage 3 dagger the other day and was smashing out capped WS with cento offhand, it's disgustingly good.

Was more curious how hard you went in on the katana, not necessarily implying that stage 5 was going to be a game-changer for it.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-20 13:20:36
Link | Citer | R

I saw a guy walking around with the St5 Dokoku the other day but I didn't ask him any of this stuff. I think he might be JP? Thought there was someone posting on here, not on this thread but a different one, saying he had St5 and did...some stuff with it? He seemed to have at least a lukewarm opinion of it.

I definitely think it's extraordinarily niche and I think I would put it as the second or third worst prime.

Lorg Mor IDK...maybe if you can keep up AM3 with GEO it could be a good nuking piece, but cmon...Both those jobs have pretty compelling reasons to change their main hand on a very regular basis. Without AM up, it's very bad. Best thing I could say about it is it gives club users a way to make Darkness which is...technically a thing. I think the niche of Lorg Mor is even smaller than Dokoku, personally. They're definitely both very bad though when compared to their peers.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-20 13:26:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Was more curious how hard you went in on the katana, not necessarily implying that stage 5 was going to be a game-changer for it.

Have been using Stage 4 long enough (was my first prime) to confidently say I'd never bring it to Stage 5. I'm still not even sure I can convince myself to bring a good one like the GKT to 5 honestly. Having more toys to play with is more compelling to me in the long run. Have got most of the popular ones at stage 4 already and I was thinking about the axe or gaxe next.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-20 13:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Have got most of the popular ones at stage 4 already and I was thinking about the axe or gaxe next.

FWIW Gaxe was one of the ones I was going to give as being at the bottom of the list. One of the members of my group made St5 Gaxe and he doesn't use it very much. He's been very disappointed with its performance in general.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-06-20 14:07:13
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Have got most of the popular ones at stage 4 already and I was thinking about the axe or gaxe next.

FWIW Gaxe was one of the ones I was going to give as being at the bottom of the list. One of the members of my group made St5 Gaxe and he doesn't use it very much. He's been very disappointed with its performance in general.

I've heard the same from a St5 GAxe guy in our shell as well. Real bummer :(

I still like my St4 Helheim, but I've already gotten pretty bored with it tbh. I'll St4 the dagger, then I'm not sure I care about doing anything else after that.
 Bahamut.Omegus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2024-06-20 14:21:37
Link | Citer | R

I was afraid of this, i was hoping that there might be more concrete findings later on.
And if Proth has it no doubt it has been put through the ringer test wise. just sucks that a WS with 18fpt @3k (bg numbers) sucks this bad.
I guess base kat damage is just too low
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-06-20 14:30:05
Link | Citer | R

Naegling is so insane lol. spend millions of gallimaufry and months of farming on a weapon that gets beaten by a pulse upgrade that can be made in a few hours. Make that make sense.

I feel like a great QOL/merit/job point/master adjustment should be the ability to increase your base WS damage for your job's native weapon class(es), because being 2.5 tiers above in katana skill vs sword skill and dealing much less damage on physical targets doesn't make sense at all. There should be some way to close that gap, similar to how they closed the gap in terms of race attributes slightly so there weren't huge advantages across races at higher levels.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 256 257