The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 253 254 255
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-13 05:57:23
Link | Citer | R

To my knowledge nobody has tested them, yet.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-06-13 22:56:42
Link | Citer | R

has anyone else taken up the mantel of spreadsheet upkeep? langly's is now missing the relic gear, just curious if the update got lost in the pages since
By hushmunkey 2018-06-14 16:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
has anyone else taken up the mantel of spreadsheet upkeep? langly's is now missing the relic gear, just curious if the update got lost in the pages since

You can add gear... >_>
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-06-14 18:26:45
Link | Citer | R

hushmunkey said: »
Asura.Mewwgoat said: »

You can add gear... >_>

I just opened up the spreadsheet on the dropbox. And it has every piece of Mochizuki +1, +2, +3... what am I missing? :(

Do you have the correct link?
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-06-14 19:00:50
Link | Citer | R

i must not cause mine only goes to mochi+1 :(
 Asura.Zihi
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Zihi 2018-06-14 19:23:38
Link | Citer | R

anyone can guide me on tp/acc/ws sets and all options on ambuscade capes! hmm and some solo sc. . .

edit: í have kikoku

thx guys. . .
By Foxfire 2018-06-14 19:32:06
Link | Citer | R

the first post has armor sets for tp/acc/ws and all relevant ambuscade capes are contained within those sets

solo sc, you can probably find by backtracking thru this thread a couple of pages
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-06-14 20:30:17
Link | Citer | R

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ev9bu8g9d6mty4/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20Ninja.xlsx
[+]
By hushmunkey 2018-06-16 10:22:10
Link | Citer | R

Foxfire said: »
the first post has armor sets for tp/acc/ws and all relevant ambuscade capes are contained within those sets

solo sc, you can probably find by backtracking thru this thread a couple of pages

from http://www.ffxicalculator.com/ you can download a program that among other things, will calculate up to 6-step SC's w/any selected weapon/elemental properties.
By hushmunkey 2018-06-22 12:25:14
Link | Citer | R

so... who wants to start a movement to get a ninjutsu spell to sleep a mob/mobs?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-22 12:47:42
Link | Citer | R

Not sure what the significance of that is, and what purpose it would serve. That's not at all in line with anything NIN does.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-06-22 14:32:49
Link | Citer | R

so... who wants to start a movement to get a ninjutsu spell to sleep a mob/mobs?
Meh about that. Though if we are wishing for fun things...always wanted throwing weaponskills and better shurikens
[+]
By hushmunkey 2018-06-22 14:33:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not sure what the significance of that is, and what purpose it would serve. That's not at all in line with anything NIN does.

well, it's not a stackable debuff like the rest of NIN's enfeebling ninjutsu that's true, but it'd certainly make dealing with adds much easier. depending on the amount of adds and the recast time, it'd make NIN slightly more able to super tank, while still not being OP or reliable enough to upset SE's intended balance and replace PLD or RUN for that role. If you can manage to not be resisted it'd make something like Soloing VD tenzen a lot easier.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-22 15:05:44
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor said: »
Meh about that. Though if we are wishing for fun things...always wanted throwing weaponskills and better shurikens

Upvote my thread then.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53746-Dispensable-Shurikens-from-Relic-Mythic-Empyrean-and-Aeonic-Katanas

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

well, it's not a stackable debuff like the rest of NIN's enfeebling ninjutsu that's true, but it'd certainly make dealing with adds much easier. depending on the amount of adds and the recast time, it'd make NIN slightly more able to super tank, while still not being OP or reliable enough to upset SE's intended balance and replace PLD or RUN for that role. If you can manage to not be resisted it'd make something like Soloing VD tenzen a lot easier.

If you need to supertank anything on NIN that you need to sleep, why wouldn't you just bring a brd or BLM to sleepga? NIN/BLU can supertank, the ability to sleep is completely unrelated to supertanking. not following that trend of reasoning. If you are talking about VD Tenzen then that's a very particular scenario that you might be better off bringing AATT for ES Sleepga 2. Even still, I swear there's bigger issues with NIN than being able to Ninja sleep >_>
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-06-22 15:09:04
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Lunatone
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-06-22 15:43:31
Link | Citer | R

I do like the idea of nin getting more spells, like a silence, sleep, grav, bind etc. But I also would put REMA ammo over it haha, assuming theyre not all copies of each other w/ different names
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-06-23 03:26:20
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, I'd be happy to just get Ni spells for some of the existing stuff... Lack of Jubaku: Ni will always bug me. Probably even more due to mobs having it, and Hojo/Kurayami getting player Ichi/Ni versions. Kakka: Ni would be cool even if just for casting time reduction, and even better if a higher tier version tossed in a couple extra points of STP!

If NIN were to get brand new spells, I'd maybe hope less for duplicates of existing mage enfeebles to pretend I'm a gimpy RDM (though to be fair, silence sure would be neat), and more for unique self-cast stuff:
- Meva?
- Crit rate/damage+?
- A strong Def+ (a la Cocoon)?
- Haste ninjutsu???
- Regain?
- Heck, even something like a foe targeting crit evasion- ninjutsu (think DNC Feather Step) would be kinda interesting, and would align with NIN's actual strengths.
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2018-06-23 03:52:24
Link | Citer | R

ninja needs Utsusemi "clones" like this guy

[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-06-23 09:09:32
Link | Citer | R

They can just alter the existing debuffs to make them more appealing, by allowing them to stack with the mage version, like allowing Hojo: Ni to give 20% slow, on top of Elegy and Slow 2.

As far as new spells, having them be unique, so that Nin can find its way back into being something beyond a niche job would be nice. Spells that give things like:
Def Down
M.Def Down
Amnesia
a debuff spell that acts like Immanence, so that the next WS from anyone creates a SC.
M.Burst Def Down
By Ruaumoko 2018-06-24 00:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Andddd I'm going to go pass out for the night.

May have missed a few things and there may be a few typos but... it should help a few new players out at least.
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-06-24 10:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Love the vid rua. From my understandng and correct me if i'm wrong but Burst bonus traits from jobs dont account to the 40 Burst1 cap not that nins anywhere close to capping Burst 1 anyway but thought i'd say someting about that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-24 10:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Great guide.

I'd recommend always having Sange meritted over 5/5 2 elements, as during that window, you can put out some massive dps numbers (even when not haste capped). I did 4/5 Hyoton, 5/5 Raiton (because I use Donar Gun for MB nukes). The amount of shurikens you would actually use is actually lower if you're WSing as often and have good mulit-hit sets. Most Sange I run through maybe 10 shuriken max. Also, you can purchase the Happo Shurikens from curio, so farming isn't that big of a deal. If needed, you can create a macro to melee in happo+1/seki and sange only in happo nq, so you aren't burning through your expensive ones (though this is more challenging with vanilla users).

Also, NIN may want to keep around a Futae Free NUke set, if possible. It's a little different from MB set, as it involves using 2x Malevolence, and max MAB gear. It's useful in Omen for landing 15k Objective, and can hit 30~40k with just malaise on certain monsters. Pretty useful if you're just being added for that objective.

Sange + Mikage also do not allow the 8-hit cap to be bypassed.

Those are just my anecdotes, great guide otherwise.
By Ruaumoko 2018-06-24 15:08:05
Link | Citer | R

I've really found that Sange doesn't mean too much of a TP increase if you're job mastered and have the Hachiya Tekko +3. I guess that could well apply for people who don't have either just yet so there's that.

I also wasn't aware that the Magic Burst Bonus trait did not contribute to the 40% cap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-06-24 18:37:37
Link | Citer | R

Sange is a significant increase in TP gain. As you could be wearing Adhemar Wristbands +1 instead.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-24 19:26:43
Link | Citer | R

I only put one merit into sange because for most things, I don't need the extra racc bonus. A few dozen page back I used to think it wasn't needed that much but it's amazing, especially on low haste scenarios. Probably adds less value the higher up your buffs go, but for a job that needs as much dps as it can get, it's useful.

Side note: daken/sange is ranged which means it will still hit a target who either flies or uses perfect dodge. Not the most practical use, but in dynamis when a mob uses PD, at least you can still deal some damage to it during that 30s window and have tp ready for when it wears
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-06-29 22:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Most likely not so useful nowadays, but does anyone have an updated evasion set?
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-06-30 07:19:55
Link | Citer | R

Hizamaru+2 has huge evasion on it and is free/easy to obtain.

I think Kendatsuba(+1) will probably be more effective most of the time though. Decent evasion and excellent other stats.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-07-01 11:55:17
Link | Citer | R

Midcast for tekko, Empy hands need to be worn during the cast too not just for the JA being used.

MB wise it's all going to depend on buffs like acumen/malaise but you could easily do 30k+ w/ them, I wouldnt waste time nuking unless for some enmity or something during PD/invisible or w/e.

Heishi Maxchu is baller as an offhand and Kanaria can be pretty good too just depends on the WS you're going to use.
If spamming Blade:Ten probably maxchu if shun then a Kanaria w/ DEX/TA/acc.atk or even STR att WSD can be okay for Ten.
Personally I think Ochu is one of the best offhands just because it gives you like everything lol

If you also plan on bursting alot or you're doing alot of solo stuff and bursting off SCs for extra damage ochu will be the best thing in the long run
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-07-01 12:14:46
Link | Citer | R

@Hiep ItemSet 359791
This is my EVA set, I dont actually use it because I dont know if EVA even matters anymore but its still decent ACC and some DW
Andartia's is AGI20 EVA/MEVA 20 MEVA 10 Enmity 10 PDT-10
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 253 254 255