First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-08 12:01:58
Link | Citer | R

I haven't been rude to you in any of my posts, rather you're being it now Jon.
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-08 13:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That +5 Subtle blow is totally game changing...

Meh, yea, u wasn't, my bad. I still consider sarcasm not the best way to direct a comment;
sar·casm (särkzm)
n.
1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
I don't think in any way I deserved that.
I didn't called names though. But indeed, out of that misunderstanding, u did treat me with respect, wich is what we all at the end want and deserve.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-08 13:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Quote:
I have one question though, on the delay is factored the haste I get from puppet? Think that should make a difference too in the tp given to mob or am I wrong?

Which delay? The 309 delay (155 per hand)? That's the delay that affects your TP gain, affected by Martial Arts, Dual Wield, Blitzer's Roll and Delay -x% (eg: Sword Strap). Any and all 'haste' effects (gear haste, spell, Marches, Sambas, Hasso, Desperate Blows) have no impact on TP gain per hit, either for you or the mob, though it will obviously affect gain per second.

If you mean the mentioned 66% haste to cap delay, that's the sum total of all forms of haste that will still have an impact. If you have 25% gear haste, Haste, Marches and Haste Samba (dnc main) all together for something like 75% haste, 9% of that is going to waste.

Cool thx, got it. All that caps and different type of ways to speed attacks is confusing, at least for me.
By sefalon 2013-02-10 11:07:38
Link | Citer | R

I currently am using all Thaumas except for head and that i OCE +1.
I have seen the updated TP sets and I have not been able to do new salvage so that is not an option. Is there any of the Pup Empy gear worth using in the Tp set? Maybe a better option is there a Dynamis TP set that would be different than what has been posted?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-10 11:11:04
Link | Citer | R

Cirque head and omnomkahpa mittens+thaumas stuff should be best non-salvage gear. If you don't have those gloves I suppose cirque/pantin/thaumas depending on what you're doing with your puppet.
[+]
By sefalon 2013-02-10 11:30:42
Link | Citer | R

I have a lot of jobs so my PUP i use for Dynamis and solo fun in Abyssea. I use soulsoother/storm frame. I am wanting to proc faster in Dyna. Is Cirque Neck a must use piece? Any Attachment besides the strobe/flasbulb help my pup TP faster or proc faster as well?
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-10 11:34:04
Link | Citer | R

sefalon said: »
I have a lot of jobs so my PUP i use for Dynamis and solo fun in Abyssea. I use soulsoother/storm frame. I am wanting to proc faster in Dyna. Is Cirque Neck a must use piece? Any Attachment besides the strobe/flasbulb help my pup TP faster or proc faster as well?

disruptor is the only other piece that will proc, but i don't suggest using it, as I typically use those dark slots for mp management pieces, and yeah cirque neck is pretty awesome, if you have rancor back. rancor neck is fine too if you use pantin back, but know that cirque neck + rancor back is indeed the better combo.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-10 11:34:56
Link | Citer | R

With whm puppet then don't need Pantin. Cirque neck is still the best in slot as far as I know(maybe Porthus is a challenger, but I haven't checked).

I don't know if the dispel attachment works when there's nothing to dispel?
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-10 11:38:15
Link | Citer | R

With whm puppet then don't need Pantin. Cirque neck is still the best in slot as far as I know(maybe Porthus is a challenger, but I haven't checked).

I don't know if the dispel attachment works when there's nothing to dispel?

In regards to pantin, if he feels it not necessary to use Rancor back, I reckon it's best in slot. I would think that dex would help for crit rate and it does still have decent attack. Mind you, I use rancor back for 100% of pup content, so idk how much pantin helps exactly.

Yeah that might honestly be the case as well. I honestly don't use it. I used it once, and it proc'd some quadavs, but they are beastmen and had the ability to buff themselves, so they always had something to dispel. I'm not sure the piece will fire if it doesn't have a buff to get rid of. So if you're doing beastmen (maybe you needed an AF2 drop?) then it works, but typically it's not worth the dark slots anyways. Rotating 1 light, 1 fire for flash/strobe til a mob procs is easy anyways.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-10 11:40:58
Link | Citer | R

And just for sharing sake this is my current gimpy pup

Overshot haste but who cares, don't have money for Nomkahpa and Thaumas are close but I like the added stats on cirque.

edit: and Stringing Pummel

Prosilio one day when I can bother to spend 4 mil on lolpup.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-10 12:49:42
Link | Citer | R

Disruptor won't ever fire without something to dispel so it's not something to full-time in Dynamis. I normally do Qufim so I'll only equip it while I'm on my way running to the weapon camp. MP isn't a problem with Deactivate/Activate available.

Should I not be using Pantaloni over Thaumas?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-10 12:54:18
Link | Citer | R

When I played with spreadsheet it gave me Thaumas pants always ahead...so I guess they're now for nuking puppet only.
By sefalon 2013-02-10 14:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the advice I
And just for sharing sake this is my current gimpy pup

Overshot haste but who cares, don't have money for Nomkahpa and Thaumas are close but I like the added stats on cirque.

edit: and Stringing Pummel

Prosilio one day when I can bother to spend 4 mil on lolpup.

Thanks for advice I have everything you do. I wish the attachments were easier to get. The ones I need are never in the AH
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-10 14:30:22
Link | Citer | R

I still miss Turbo Charger <_<'
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-10 14:39:16
Link | Citer | R

I can't image them beating the MA bonus, but idk. I don't know how to work, or have the spreadsheet program for pup dmg. Maybe because of all of the attack + on it, and pup being attack starved? Idk, seems weird to me, but maybe a math person can set that straight. I always thought cirque pants were ahead of the pack.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-10 15:08:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm using Montenten's spreadsheet and cirque pantaloni just fall behind. They have less attack, less accuracy, less str and dex. I tried both as /thf on dyna mobs and as /war on Qilin, same result. Thaumas is 1.4% ahead in dyna and 6.6% on Qilin(3% if you're in cor party).
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-10 15:10:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm using Montenten's spreadsheet and cirque pantaloni just fall behind. They have less attack, less accuracy, less str and dex. I tried both as /thf on dyna mobs and as /war on Qilin, same result. Thaumas is 1.4% ahead in dyna and 6.6% on Qilin.

I guess WS frequency doesn't make up the lack of other stats. I guess that's fair enough, considering the MA bonus is only -10, it's not THAT huge a diff.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-10 15:13:20
Link | Citer | R

I really wish I knew how to read this spreadsheet to figure ***out lol.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-10 15:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind that in order to use cirque pants you either have uncapped haste or change to Oce hat+1 thus losing DA and skill in favour of dex.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-10 15:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind that in order to use cirque pants you either have uncapped haste or change to Oce hat+1 thus losing DA and skill in favour of dex.

oh yeah, uncapped haste really doesn't happen. I'm working towards my usu bases now, so I can get the +1s to TP in. Mainly head/feet and legs for pup.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-10 15:26:47
Link | Citer | R

Well yeah I was only talking about the situation mentioned with no salvage gear. And with salvage gear I think Usux3, thaumas body, nomkahpa and windbuffet are the best combo.
[+]
By luckycharms1877 2013-02-12 03:28:10
Link | Citer | R

Thought I'd post what ppl would like to see rather than a bunch of damn talking......Really hate having to look through ***tons of talking, arguing, and numbers. So this is for the people who like to see actual set. ^_^

Your Welcome.
[+]
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
Serveur: Sylph
user: Chernabog
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-12 07:09:36
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so I've been playing around with the spreadsheet. I'm more convinced to keep _not_ using all this crit+ sh*t.

First off, I get that the spreadsheet says the crit+ stuff is the best in slot. Yes. However, it's so marginal! Specifically I'm looking at Nefarious Collar. Nefarious is _barely_ better than Tju, and Ire +1 actually beats out Nefarious. And all three of them beat out Sea Gorgets. This is on WSing (which I realize isn't this thread, but everyone's been using this thread for WSing and ignoring the WS threads...).

I'd actually like the gorget to be better, so I'd love to see how Eikechi came to that conclusion ('cause I'll never praise spreadsheets as being always right, they're very far from... I had to add some of my gear even, which is better than what was on the spreadsheet).

So since Nefarious offers nothing but the crit+, it's making up for its slot waste by helping spike damage, which doesn't even it out all that much more. Sure you'll get more impressive numbers when it procs, but on a lotta fights that might not even happen. On trash mobs it doesn't matter, so that leaves its usefulness to NMs (admittedly this is mostly what we care about), but when I'm only going to beable to WS a handful of times vs. the multiple thousands that the spreadsheet averages, I think I'll take the consistant damage over the spike damage.

Crit+ also means less the more of it you have, imo. With base crit chance, DEX stacking, and Rancorous, crit rate already pretty high, another 3% doesn't mean so much. (Rancor at least adds ATK for when crit doesn't proc)

So until I see this data from Eikechi on how gorgets are best in slot, I'mma hold onto my Tju. (I don't want the -acc on Ire)

Edit: On the topic of TPing though, assuming you don't get the Regain Moonshade and get the TP Bonus instead, _if_ you're using head AF3+2, Bruiser is the best off earring next to Brutal. At least that's what I always figured, and the spreadsheet confirmed for me. With max h2h merits, the two items put you to the next damage tier, making it better than anything else. Just wanted to say that with more proof (having checked the sheet) after the discussion with E a few pages ago.

Edit 2: I originally typed "Eikichi" then noticed it was "Eikechi." Did you want Eikichi and it was taken so did Eikechi, or was Eikechi your first choice?

Edit 3: Ok, so played around with the spreadsheet more. Sea Gorget beat Tju Medal when I was naked except for the neck piece, otherwise Tju shows higher dps. It's just going to come down to your acc.

Edit 4: Man, I just keep typing... Anyway, more punching in stuff... I had to change the gear list to put in all the options that it was missing. Anyway... So before I had it set to fight Bukhis, b/c I was told he was a good one to base things on. No atmas or buffs or anything set. Tju > Gorget. Then setting it to a harder mob (Qilin) put Gorget > Tju. And that's entirely because of the accuracy. Funny, when it set it to Ig-Alima my damage turns into a negative number. haha. I'm guessing that's b/c ATK is too low vs. its DEF.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-15 20:33:11
Link | Citer | R

playing around with spreadsheet more. Tping in regain moonshade came out higher than wsing in tp bonus moonshade. Thoughts? I kept seeing everyone say to ws with it...
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-15 20:34:37
Link | Citer | R

This again..
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-15 22:23:04
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
This again..

Thx for being constructive.
 Siren.Vanian
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2013-02-16 15:08:17
Link | Citer | R

If you only play monk and pup, chances are a regain earring is for you. If you have any other dd job, get the tp bonus earring.

I think that's the gist of it
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-16 15:11:44
Link | Citer | R

I think ghillie+1 wins for pup though since attack sucks so much on this job, or at least it's very close. I would still keep a tp bonus earring for its overall higher utility. But then again if you're a main monk like mentioned above, regain might be interesting I guess.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-16 15:21:26
Link | Citer | R

I ignored that wall of text above before but..
Sylph.Ningyotsukai said: »
Crit+ also means less the more of it you have, imo. With base crit chance, DEX stacking, and Rancorous, crit rate already pretty high, another 3% doesn't mean so much. (Rancor at least adds ATK for when crit doesn't proc
wht
[+]
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-17 07:23:32
Link | Citer | R

I ignored that wall of text above before but..
Sylph.Ningyotsukai said: »
Crit+ also means less the more of it you have, imo. With base crit chance, DEX stacking, and Rancorous, crit rate already pretty high, another 3% doesn't mean so much. (Rancor at least adds ATK for when crit doesn't proc
wht

If you read it all I was talking about the neck slot, and how Nefarious is a bad choice. I've since come to the conclusion to use the Sea Gorgets for WSing. The ACC on them puts them ahead of other options (the fTP actually isn't as good for dmg as some things, but acc pushes it ahead).
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12