Chatoyant VS ToM staffs
First Page 2
 Asura.Dragongod
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DragonGod
By Asura.Dragongod 2012-08-01 01:03:49
Link | Citer | R

Chatoyant replaces all the crafted elemental staffs. However, is it better then the completed ToM staffs all around?

Or is it better only in the right weather/day conditions?

Or do the ToM staffs beat it under all circumstances?
 Lakshmi.Galith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-08-01 01:07:04
Link | Citer | R

ToM staffs are better.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-08-01 01:09:21
Link | Citer | R

Testing was done, you need ~40+ affinity atmas and weather for it to beat the Magian staves.

Check in here.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-01 01:22:11
Link | Citer | R

thank you. People have been telling me I wasted time making ToM on my server!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-01 01:33:18
Link | Citer | R

People are stupid.
Funny part is there's still people who think the scythe is a good nuke option for BLM...
So I'm not suprised people think this thing always is better than magian staffs, because they saw someone post a screenshot where they did more dmg with it, and did'nt bother checking buffs\situation or just don't have any idea what any of that means.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-01 01:36:12
Link | Citer | R

ITT: Mage DPS matters.

Make Thunder/Ice/Dark(if you're cheeky) damage staff + Thunder Accuracy staff and an Arka IV. For everything else, there's Chatoyant.

Or, just make Thunder accuracy staff and Arka IV and call it a day.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-08-06 13:09:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Why, of all reasons would you make a Thunder Accuracy Staff? Stun? With all the +dark magic gear and general macc gear available, why bring the inventory -1?

Gear more for haste these days on stun than anything else. If you're dark magic is capped and you're casting in a ToM damage Thunder staff along with sensible dark magic gear along with haste, you're not going to get resisted if you can land it.

Hell, you probably can cast naked with the potency staff on with a perfectly acceptable rate.
 Sylph.Binckry
Serveur: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-08-06 13:11:43
Link | Citer | R

I didn't even know about thunder macc staff till Sylow said it, but it's probably for the recast-.
[+]
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-08-06 13:27:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Binckry said: »
but it's probably for the recast-.
^^ This
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-08-06 13:33:21
Link | Citer | R

DMG affinity gives -casting time, but the MACC staff gives -recast, which is awesome for stun.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-08-06 13:35:32
Link | Citer | R

yeah brain dead at work. Was actually editing to correct, as well as thinking about my gear I carry on me at the moment for +haste% on BLM. I'm going to have to see if that is truly necessary to cap the recast on stun when /rdm and having haste.
 Bahamut.Zellc
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2012-08-06 13:42:08
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
ITT: Mage DPS matters.

Make Thunder/Ice/Dark(if you're cheeky) damage staff + Thunder Accuracy staff and an Arka IV. For everything else, there's Chatoyant.

great, now that song is stuck in my head again lol. oh well i guess it could be worse. not a bad song. oh and sorry for the derail :3
 Siren.Demetreos
Serveur: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-08-06 14:05:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
People are stupid.
This.

Funny part is there's still people who think the scythe is a good nuke option for BLM...
I'm fairly certain these people should be on some kind of official depopulation list. Annoys me so much when they fulltime that crap.

I shouldn't let it get to me, but it does >_>
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-08-08 23:36:37
Link | Citer | R

cant find any solid data. how does the recast time -% work? does it stack with haste or fast cast, or totally separate?
By Alpheus 2012-08-08 23:41:16
Link | Citer | R

I would imagine it stacks much like cure cast and elemental magic cast reduction properties that are found on more widely seen items just the restriction on the ToM M.acc staff is that the spell's element must be aligned w/ that of the staff's.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-08-09 00:45:29
Link | Citer | R

back on the thunder macc staff, i hear certain legion mobs will be lame on stun resistance, and the +macc helps a lot
 Valefor.Kiaru
Serveur: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-08-09 01:13:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
back on the thunder macc staff, i hear certain legion mobs will be lame on stun resistance, and the +macc helps a lot
The only legion mob I've had trouble stunning so far is the mantis thingy, like 40-50% stun land rate on that thing.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-09 01:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
cant find any solid data. how does the recast time -% work? does it stack with haste or fast cast, or totally separate?
It does stack with fast cast and haste. I'll check later if the effect is static or applied after other recast reductions.

With out a doubt the macc staves are nice. A friend of mind has like all of them and is apperantly able to land debuffs on some very unlikely mobs relatively easilly. (addle on legion cerbs, sleep/silence on celaeno)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-09 02:21:33
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Demetreos said: »
People are stupid.
This.
I'm fairly certain these people should be on some kind of official depopulation list. Annoys me so much when they fulltime that crap. I shouldn't let it get to me, but it does >_>

Had some derp say to me in a vw shout:
I doubt the staff is better, unless it has mcrit+10?
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-09 03:43:28
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
It does stack with fast cast and haste. I'll check later if the effect is static or applied after other recast reductions.

After some tests: the staff simply acts as a multiplicitive .14 on recast. Not applied in any significant way before or after haste/ja/fastcast.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-08-09 07:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
The only legion mob I've had trouble stunning so far is the mantis thingy, like 40-50% stun land rate on that thing.

See my concern is that stun is almost always a built up stun resistance mechanism, making resistance to stun more of a group effort more than an individual task.

(Shh! I'm grasping at straws here! Make your macc staff, and I'll pretend I never saw it under listed trials because I'm still not even 7/8 potency with a cure potency staff! And yes I'll do an earth and water potency before I'd do a thunder accuracy for the sake of completion, back the *** off)
By lxg073000 2012-08-14 08:14:37
Link | Citer | R

The accuracy staves are embarrassingly easy to make. BLUs can one-shot entire fields of Abyssea mobs that a SCH/RDM has AoE Enfeebled with the appropriate trial element.

Thunder ACC can be a chore (since there's no thunder element spell to pair with manifestation. Shocksquall might work) but one could SCH/BLM and alacrity shock very easily. Especially once 2hr boxes begin to pop.

I recently made the wind ACC+6 staff at a rate of about 300mobs/hr. Feels like Chatoyant Staff is far more useful for NIN, COR, BLU, SMN. Any serious BLM should be able to crush ToM trials.
 Odin.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2012-08-14 21:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Manifestation Absorb MND works for thunder debuff.
By lxg073000 2012-08-14 22:03:04
Link | Citer | R

figured all the absorb spells would just give a dark status effect
By Zephin 2012-08-14 22:26:11
Link | Citer | R

lxg073000 said: »
figured all the absorb spells would just give a dark status effect

ya, wiki says dark based.

Wouldn't AoE shock work?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-14 22:28:58
Link | Citer | R

Shock is elemental magic, there's no thunder debuff that you can AoE that works for the trial unless Absorb-MND is actually considered Thunder, which I don't think it is.
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-08-14 22:39:49
Link | Citer | R

Thunder acc staff sucks to make ; ;
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-14 22:40:48
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Shock is elemental magic, there's no thunder debuff that you can AoE that works for the trial unless Absorb-MND is actually considered Thunder, which I don't think it is.

Would Thunderbolt --> Whirl of Rage work?
First Page 2