A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Elizabet
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-16 16:35:44
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
If you aren't at all worried about magic accuracy drop

The way I see it, is that it's easier to food up and/or use geo buffs to up MACC, than it is to lose a whole 1.15 multiplier in the formula.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-16 16:47:52
Link | Citer | R

im just testing helix's on reives. the empy feet come out about 100dmg lower every MB... compared to the amalric.

Only change in the test is the feet.

ideas?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-16 16:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Emp feet have no MAB ,Amalric have 62+

On a target like a reive (that take reduced damage) multipliers are less relevant.

15% of 5k is meaningless. But 15% of like... 40k is noticeable.

Go try it out on a mob.

The more damage you do, the more %modifier matters vs raw MAB
By Chimerawizard 2019-08-16 16:59:44
Link | Citer | R

well, with his set, the 62 MAB from amalric nails is a 14% damage boost. so not all that big of an impact. however amalric nails only have 20 m.acc so it's pretty well equal with arbatel as well. What's better mdmg+10, FC+6 & either 60MP or conserve MP+7 or 1% dmg?

That was assuming master gifts for MAB+340 excluding feet.
Without gifts it's 15.3% damage boost... so better than arbatel.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-16 17:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah you don't use arbatel +1 for Helixes.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-08-16 18:31:56
Link | Citer | R

Is there an up-to-date DPS Spreadsheet for magic damage? The one I have is quite old.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-08-18 09:50:55
Link | Citer | R

Question on the burst helix set. What set would be BiS for solo sch? (no buffs)

Question is regards to amalric vs. merlinic for macc on helix.

edit:

2nd question. Should we use regen potency on the back if we are using duration everywhere else?

im getting 90/tick for 13:35 i think
By Chimerawizard 2019-08-18 15:45:15
Link | Citer | R

As the next two posts mentioned after the one I was quoting about regen: it's about preference and you can always make a toggle to swap head & back between potency & duration.

As for the helix set; merlinic body/hands would have to have a very potent augment to beat amalric's magic accuracy. legs you already have listed as merlinic. Jhakri feet has INT+33 m.acc+42 MAB+39 & MBD+7 which makes it a nice easy swap for a magic accuracy set unless you have a top tier piece of merlinic.

Other potential swaps to increase m.acc that come to mind are Khonsu & Lugh's Cape. lose a few seconds duration with cape swap. w/e
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-08-19 04:14:42
Link | Citer | R

What do you guys think of this thread I posted on the official forums?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55825-Change-a-few-job-point-categories-for-Scholar

Maybe combine Stratagem I & II into one and change Penury/Parsimony MAcc effect for more reduced cost of mp & placing Macc bonus in the free slot?

Combine Stratagem III & IV with no change in effects and add MAB in the free slot?

Remove Modus Veritas Effect and in it's place add Regen Potency bonus?

Any thoughts?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-08-19 04:27:47
Link | Citer | R

I'd like them to keep Modus Veritas merits, but actually make it usable, with it able to break the 9,999 DoT/tock damage cap, and make it so only one MV being able to land on a mob at once, so people can't exploit it like they used to. With capped merits in it, if it lands, and you can make full use of it, you end up dealing an extra 50% DoT with it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-08-19 09:40:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I'd like them to keep Modus Veritas merits, but actually make it usable, with it able to break the 9,999 DoT/tock damage cap, and make it so only one MV being able to land on a mob at once, so people can't exploit it like they used to. With capped merits in it, if it lands, and you can make full use of it, you end up dealing an extra 50% DoT with it.

There was one dev post a few years back saying since there are T2 helix spells, they have no plans to revert modus veritas
 Asura.Zekie
By Asura.Zekie 2019-08-26 22:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys. anyone have melee set and Black Halo set to share, so I can have some ideas where to start with?? thanks!
By Chimerawizard 2019-08-30 18:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Zekie said: »
Hey guys. anyone have melee set and Black Halo set to share, so I can have some ideas where to start with?? thanks!
SCH mainly uses staves for things, so haven't looked into club for the job. probably a SCH Black halo set would like the exact same as one for GEO except using sch variants of AF & Relics.

For TP I'd suggest:
ItemSet 332066
Hopefully enough magic accuracy to avoid throwing MP away needlessly as you build TP.
Merlinic can get m.acc/MAB/occult acumen or possibly store TP via dark matter.

TP gain via swinging a club:
SCH only has C+ club/staff skill; kind of crap for gear, especially if you're trying for cap haste and decent multi-attack/STP in your set as well. This was the best I could think up.
ItemSet 332065
edit:
forgot when I thought up the set, it was for opening skillchains with omniscience. >_>
swap belt for: cetl belt or goading belt.

Edit2:
here's a set, Chironic: Dark matter w/ MND/acc/atk/WSD would do bettter, but it's dark matter... unsure where the inflection between STR/MND & acc/atk take place. may need to swap some accessories for more acc/atk over str/mnd. :shrugs:
ItemSet 368390
By aegonvii 2019-09-06 20:22:57
Link | Citer | R

Hello all! Was wondering what Merits everyone uses? Currently I have 5/5 on Sublimation but I’m thinking that with equipment nowadays, if it might be better to do grimoire recast? And I also have stormsurge 5/5 but if I should do enlightenment? Thanks.
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-06 23:52:02
Link | Citer | R

I'd say just go with:
grimoire/helix 5/5
storm/enlighten 5/5
By SimonSes 2019-09-10 06:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Ok so what's bis for MB helixes and nukes now?

a) Tupsimati with AM2 and Enki - 279 Mdmg, 100 MAB, 80 Macc, 10 INT
b) Daybreak with Ammuraphi - 241 Mdmg, 78 MAB, 78 Macc, 13 INT (clearly wont win with Tupsi)
c) Akademos with Enki - 217Mdmg, 53 MAB, 35 Macc, 37 INT, 2% affinity(?), 10 MB

I guess with a) and b) you would need to substitute Magic Burst loss somehow. Maybe with ring and earring. but thats a loss of 16 MAB, 10 Macc, 18 Int. So that effectively puts Akademos at:
217 Mdmg, 69 MAB, 45 Macc, 55 INT, 2% affinity

Would Akademos win with that massive lead in INT and that 2% affinity, while lacking quite a lot of MAB, Macc and Mdmg?

One thing is clear tho. Daybreak would for sure win for Luminohelix with +50% light affinity :)
By Pantafernando 2019-09-10 06:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

I have a couple of basic SCH questions:

1. Whats the current helix duration cap? And kaustra duration?

2. Does the kaustra DoT breaks 9999 cap?

3. Does kaustra and helix stacks?

Thanks in advanca
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-10 06:53:00
Link | Citer | R

1) Can't help ya

2) Don't think it does but I'm not sure

3) Yes, they do stack just fine. In case you don't know Kaustra and Embrava share the same buff slot and they overwrite each other.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-09-10 07:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Raetic Staff +1 beats out Akademos ever so slightly for helix
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-10 07:46:15
Link | Citer | R

2) supposedly yes. Actually going beyond 9999/tick would require something like 41,000 initial damage though. This would require some amazing buffs to pull off on anything worth casting it on.

Has anyone checked to make sure Daybreak is 50% and not base+50dmg like the cure+x buff?

With AM2 Tupsimati is probably a small upgrade to Akademos.
Maxentius / Daybreak(light only) with shield may compete at damage, but won't let you Myrkr.
AM2 Tupsimati probably won't have enough extra TP to let you Myrkr either.
Even if Daybreak is 50%, helix DoT does cap at 9999dmg, so not as important unless you're using TP for Flash Nova/Seraph Strike.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-10 07:47:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Raetic Staff +1 beats out Akademos ever so slightly for helix
Didn't you post a detailed comparison of Akademos vs Raetic+1 vs other things here in the SCH thread a few pages ago? For Helix and for normal nukes (and the outcome of the test changed according to that).

I'm pretty confident I read it, maybe it wasn't you but someone did undoubtely post a detailed report like that.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-10 07:50:55
Link | Citer | R

but won't let you Myrkr.
Honest question incoming.
I haven't used my SCH seriously for nuking in ages but I did all the early (among the first groups on Asura!) rounds of Aeonic exclusively with mage setup.

Is Myrkr really all that necessary for SCH?
I can understand for BLM where you need that to compensate for the amount lost from Death, but SCH doesn't really have that big of an MP issue with Sublimation, no?
I mean I dunno, I felt like I never really had any issues keeping my MP up when I played SCH, and I was nuking as well, I wasn't just a skillchain machine-bot.
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-10 07:58:03
Link | Citer | R

If you're Shiva.Hiep doing omen duo, yes. Myrkr is needed.
If you aren't relying on yourself for basically everything, not unless you're casting impact; which hopefully gets you 1000+TP.
By SimonSes 2019-09-10 07:58:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
but won't let you Myrkr.
Honest question incoming.
I haven't used my SCH seriously for nuking in ages but I did all the early (among the first groups on Asura!) rounds of Aeonic exclusively with mage setup.

Is Myrkr really all that necessary for SCH?
I can understand for BLM where you need that to compensate for the amount lost from Death, but SCH doesn't really have that big of an MP issue with Sublimation, no?
I mean I dunno, I felt like I never really had any issues keeping my MP up when I played SCH, and I was nuking as well, I wasn't just a skillchain machine-bot.

Pretty sure Myrkr is more a thing outside of escha (no huge refresh buffs) and more for lowman, when SCH does all the work (scing and mbing).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-10 08:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I can see the benefit in that.
Personally when I was hardcore for my SCH I liked the additional freedom granted by ignoring my TP, hence being able to swap my main and sub slots whenever I liked in pre and midcast.
Opened up so many more options in the other slots.

...granted back then we had less options than today, so I guess mine was a stronger point then than it is today.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-09-10 13:30:03
Link | Citer | R

How many different JSE capes do I need for SCH? Which would you say are the most important?
By tyalangan 2019-09-10 13:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
How many different JSE capes do I need for SCH? Which would you say are the most important?

Check the previous page
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-10 13:34:33
Link | Citer | R

Need:?

Nuke: INT/Macc + mdmg/matk
FC: If you don't perimede

Extras?
Cure/MND Enfeeble: MND/Macc + mdmg/Cure potency
TP and WS
Idle: HP or MP/Meva/Regen (could probably put this in Need)
 Cerberus.Dekar
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-09-18 20:15:54
Link | Citer | R

Precast question: can you get the benefit from a piece of gear with fast cast and another with Grimoire Spellcasting time for the same spell? I'm looking at the lua I have and I'm a little unsure of this.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 99 100 101