A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 99 100 101
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-04-08 04:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Unless you are hitting your helix for 10k already use the new cape. Or going for some kind of Zombie strat.
[+]
 Asura.Fragiledream
Serveur: Asura
user: Faapdiope
By Asura.Fragiledream 2016-04-11 17:12:11
Link | Citer | R

Can I get a sample of what kind of macro is expected to tell a party i'm using a skillchain? Thanks
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-11 17:30:28
Link | Citer | R

Something along the lines of:

starting Fragmentation (Thunder/Wind) > cast opening spell
Closing Fragmentation (Thunder/Wind) > cast closing spell

Lets your pt know which element to nuke and when to start casting.
[+]
 Asura.Fragiledream
user: Faapdiope
By Asura.Fragiledream 2016-04-11 17:40:49
Link | Citer | R

Also whats the best choice of food these days?
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Thanks
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-11 17:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Pear Crepes from Curio Moogles or the HQ equivalent, Crepe B. Helene
By Titanfoo 2016-04-11 19:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fragiledream said: »
Can I get a sample of what kind of macro is expected to tell a party i'm using a skillchain? Thanks

Opening; Raging war seas of destruction (reverberation MB water)

Closing; Poseidon bring forth currents of wrath and fill the water with your might and anger and thrash all that oppose... etc! (reverberation closed SC water)
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-11 20:37:19
Link | Citer | R

Titanfoo said: »
Asura.Fragiledream said: »

Opening; Raging war seas of destruction (reverberation MB water)

Closing; Poseidon bring forth currents of wrath and fill the water with your might and anger and thrash all that oppose... etc! (reverberation closed SC water)

it's like it's 2006 all over again. all that is missing is a worthless <call>
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-14 11:24:53
Link | Citer | R

How do you guys feel on Bookworm vs Lugh's for Helix?
Of course assuming INT/Macc/Mdmg/Mab augs on Lugh.

I have INT+3 and Helix +18 on my Bookworm.
Potency-wise Lugh should of course win by far.
Yet the additional duration could be useful sometimes? I wonder.

Don't really want to make yet another trigger to activate casting with one or the other, I have way too many of those already, really want to make a decision between these two and leaning for Lugh atm.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-04-14 11:52:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

Don't really want to make yet another trigger to activate casting with one or the other, I have way too many of those already, really want to make a decision between these two and leaning for Lugh atm.

Bookworm's adds like 2 ticks to the DoT, if you are reaching the damage cap then it's gonna be the clear winner.
 Phoenix.Libbien
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-14 12:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

It's a tough call and largely depends on what you do on sch. Me personally, I solo/lowman a lot on sch and I prefer Lugh's since I usually have limited to zero buffs.

Also consider this... Bookworm's main benefit of extra duration only matters when a mob lasts long enough to get those extra tics (or tocs w/e). Even with full duration AND capped potency, Bookworm's can only beat Lugh's by just under 20k (2 10k tics minus the assumed slightly less dmg from the initial cast). Given that you want a 1 or the other answer, I'd probably recommend Lugh's as I'd imagine that winning more often than not.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-14 16:59:07
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I don't feel like I want to handle yet another trigger to swap sets on the fly, as I said before.
Atm I still have Bookworm but I think I'll swap to Lugh.
If I don't use temps (Soldier's etc) and/or have Bolster up, I hardly ever reach 10k with Helix MB, on hard stuff of course.

On easy stuff obviously I reach it quite often but on that stuff I'm not even sure Helix would last enough to get all the tocs out frankly, or the mob is so easy I don't really care even if I get a couple of tocs less.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-14 17:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone point me to the current best nuking set for high end content?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-04-16 07:41:14
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if this is the "BEST" but it seems to outnuke most SCH I have seen and is what I use.

Feet only if your weather is sync'd up of course otherwise Amalric Nails +1. I havent updated my sets for the new back piece yet so that maybe better.
Nuking
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/343188
ItemSet 343188

MB
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/343187
ItemSet 343187
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-16 07:53:43
Link | Citer | R

Path C on Akademos?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-04-16 08:10:07
Link | Citer | R

I did path A, i think the major question is are you going to be solo or with a GEO, if you are with GEO you cant go pure MAB, if your solo additional MACC probably come in handy, and of course 2100JP helps massively
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-16 08:35:01
Link | Citer | R

Well when I do content with the ls 90% of the time we have a geo, and I also have my own geo mule, so guess I can with path A. Regarding JP, my sch isn't even at 100 yet unfortunatly, been capping out my Blu recently.

I'm asking becasue my current set

ItemSet 193689

Is getting massive resists even with a geo on anything higher than an Escha T2.

Merlinic Hood: Magic Acc +24 Magic Attack +24
Chironic Gloves: INT+15 Magic Acc +42 Magic Attack +12
Merlinic Shalwar: INT+7 Magic Acc +24 Magic Attack +18
Also my staff is currently Path C.

GEOs and RDM nuke harder than me....
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-16 10:31:30
Link | Citer | R

Regarding JP, my sch isn't even at 100 yet unfortunatly
This is probably it. 43 MACC from capped JP will help. Also, your matk/macc vorseal level will matter too.

Your gear is fine with weather and klimaform up.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-04-16 10:43:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Regarding JP, my sch isn't even at 100 yet unfortunatly
This is probably it. 43 MACC from capped JP will help. Also, your matk/macc vorseal level will matter too.

Your gear is fine with weather and klimaform up.

Agreed, alot of nice bonuses from JP, magic acc/atk, elemental skill.. Youll see massive gain with 2100 JP not to mention the Book recast gift(550) is probably one of the best GIFTs across all jobs and scholar really doesnt come alive until you get it
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-16 14:36:50
Link | Citer | R

Should try to create a MB set that doesn't rely on the cape slot.
The new cape is just waaaaay too good to skip it for either a Seshaw or a Seshaw+1.

Also are you sure the feet are better than a good augmented Merlinic? (or maybe Amalric+1 dunno, I don't remember stats on HQ Amal feet).
I still use AF3 because I've been too lazy to update my lua, but my Merlinic have like INT+5 and Macc/Mab +35, plus the base stats.
That's quite a lot...
Haven't tested in the spreadsheet but I wouldn't be surprised if Arbatel came after Merlinic even with the right weather up.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-16 14:47:05
Link | Citer | R

I've thought about that myself, Klimaform is only +15 magic accuracy and how much magic damage do they add to nukes? Because it doesn't actually say.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-16 14:59:47
Link | Citer | R

I've thought about that myself, Klimaform is only +15 magic accuracy and how much magic damage do they add to nukes? Because it doesn't actually say.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-04-17 09:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Loafers+1 outnuke a 40 mab merlinc foot or an amarlic+1 feet when weather/klimaform is syncd up
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-04-18 02:51:17
Link | Citer | R

With Wardrobe 2 I can finally add a few extra pieces into my SCH sets and not run out of space, I know Helixs gain more from Magic Damage than INT/MAB so would:

ghastly tathlum or its HQ I can farm HQ during campaign beat

pemphredo tathlum

I know Pemphredo will be best for Nukes.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-18 04:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Loafers+1 outnuke a 40 mab merlinc foot or an amarlic+1 feet when weather/klimaform is syncd up

This may be a stupid question but I've never really had the chance to test it out myself. How does empy feet stack up macc wise with merlinic/chironic? Despite it's lack of int/macc, I've never really had resist issues while using empy feet so was wondering if a macc swap is really useful in that slot or should i look elsewhere when needed?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-04-18 07:00:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Brennski said: »
With Wardrobe 2 I can finally add a few extra pieces into my SCH sets and not run out of space, I know Helixs gain more from Magic Damage than INT/MAB so would:

ghastly tathlum or its HQ I can farm HQ during campaign beat

pemphredo tathlum

I know Pemphredo will be best for Nukes.
Gonna disagree with the Ghastly Tathlum but maybe some body better with the math will step in. You are trying to hit 10k with the helix, now maybe if it capped at 500 then yes
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-04-18 07:02:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Libbien said: »

This may be a stupid question but I've never really had the chance to test it out myself. How does empy feet stack up macc wise with merlinic/chironic? Despite it's lack of int/macc, I've never really had resist issues while using empy feet so was wondering if a macc swap is really useful in that slot or should i look elsewhere when needed?

Arbatel Loafers+1 are probably the 2nd strongest piece of gear for nuking behind your staff, I would load accuracy on all other slots before that slot. And if you are needing to get to "that much" accuracy you either need a GEO or a different strategy (melee). That being said other than elemental nukes I am not sure what else you would use them for?

Here is the rule I use
Code
	if buffactive.Klimaform and spell.skill == "Elemental Magic" and spell.element == world.weather_element then
		equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{feet="Arbatel Loafers +1"})
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-19 03:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Libbien said: »

Arbatel Loafers+1 are probably the 2nd strongest piece of gear for nuking behind your staff, I would load accuracy on all other slots before that slot. And if you are needing to get to "that much" accuracy you either need a GEO or a different strategy (melee). That being said other than elemental nukes I am not sure what else you would use them for?

Here is the rule I use
Code
	if buffactive.Klimaform and spell.skill == "Elemental Magic" and spell.element == world.weather_element then
		equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{feet="Arbatel Loafers +1"})

Well that does answer my question so I'll keep doing what I've been doing in making that slot my last macc swap. I was mostly asking with regards to soloing as I just really enjoy soloing random high lvl stuff for fun, so sometimes I have to go all out on macc. In a pt we'd always bring a geo so no real need for macc swaps, at least as high as WoC/Kirin anyways, maybe Reisen HELMs will prove to be evasive enough to require such things, but we aren't there just yet. Thanks for the response though, really appreciate it.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-04-24 16:02:22
Link | Citer | R

I've never CPed on my sch yet. Just wondering what my role would be? Am I just doing healing/haste and bursting along with weather?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-24 16:17:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ramsy said: »
I've never CPed on my sch yet. Just wondering what my role would be? Am I just doing healing/haste and bursting along with weather?

Assuming it's a nuking party, weather spells, general buffs when possible, but mainly saving your strats for making Skillchains for the BLMs to MB, and MBing yourself.
 Odin.Taberif
Serveur: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-04-24 16:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ramsy said: »
depends on the pt setup

nuking, storms, skillchain setup, maybe some regen V and haste
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 99 100 101