A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 99 100 101
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-03-04 18:18:40
Link | Citer | R

Could he be using Ebullience, Focalization and/or 20/20JP Parsimony?
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-03-04 18:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Patb said: »
In the GS shown above, it doesn't look like there is anything that handles putting you into a mode for bursts? How is everyone handling the spells when we are magic bursting vs when we aren't?

Also, and this may just be an issue with Organizer itself. But when using that GS posted above, it is only pulling like 60% of the items in the gearswap itself, only showing as 43 items matched. This is the only script I've noticed this with.
I use a toggle for MB. You'll need this if you want to set one up.

Paste this in job_post_midcast
Code
if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
        if state.MagicBurst.value then
        equip(sets.magic_burst)
        end
	end

Paste this in function user_setup
Code
state.MagicBurst = M(false, 'Magic Burst')

and this under your send_commands
Code
send_command('bind ^` gs c toggle MagicBurst')

Obviously can change the toggle to what you prefer

Lastly, make a set for your MB gear
Code
sets.magic_burst
 Phoenix.Libbien
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-03-04 18:38:34
Link | Citer | R

We were both using Ebu and only Ebu and no temps either. He had to run to work so couldn't continue testing so the sample size is small, but it just seems odd to me is all. We also compared Geohelix bursts on Oryx but not at the same time, he was hitting for 3k with ebu and mine were only 2.7k. We did catch that my Quanpur Neck wasn't swapping in for that one though and I haven't tested since I fixed it but I'm not sure that alone would make up the ~300 difference in dmg and then some.

Aside from just comparing to my friend, is there really anything noticeably wrong with my set for high tier fights outside of continuing to work towards maxing out my Merlinic pieces?
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-03-04 18:41:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Asura.Patb said: »
In the GS shown above, it doesn't look like there is anything that handles putting you into a mode for bursts? How is everyone handling the spells when we are magic bursting vs when we aren't?

Also, and this may just be an issue with Organizer itself. But when using that GS posted above, it is only pulling like 60% of the items in the gearswap itself, only showing as 43 items matched. This is the only script I've noticed this with.
I use a toggle for MB. You'll need this if you want to set one up.

Paste this in job_post_midcast
Code
if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
        if state.MagicBurst.value then
        equip(sets.magic_burst)
        end
	end

Paste this in function user_setup
Code
state.MagicBurst = M(false, 'Magic Burst')

and this under your send_commands
Code
send_command('bind ^` gs c toggle MagicBurst')

Obviously can change the toggle to what you prefer

Lastly, make a set for your MB gear
Code
sets.magic_burst

This looks interesting, but how would it be possible to discern different burst sets based on spell? Example, I use Pixie Hairpin +1 to burst Noctohelix/Kaustra, how would a rule for that look setting up GS like this? Thanks so much for the help btw.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-03-04 18:58:41
Link | Citer | R

Well that would depend if you have a Merlinic Hood with MBD or not.

If not, a simple set for Noctohelix/Kaustra would suffice
Code
sets.midcast.Noctohelix = set_combine(sets.midcast.Helix, {head="Pixie Hairpin +1"})

If yes, a slight modification of the job_post_midcast rule might be needed. I'm not 100% sure as I'm not an expert in LUA coding so I couldn't tell you with certainty what to put. If I had to take a guess, it would say something like "if I'm magic burst mode and I'm casting Noctohelix or Kaustra, equip Pixie +1 and magic burst set. All else, equip magic burst set".
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-03-04 19:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Well that would depend if you have a Merlinic Hood with MBD or not.

If not, a simple set for Noctohelix/Kaustra would suffice
Code
sets.midcast.Noctohelix = set_combine(sets.midcast.Helix, {head="Pixie Hairpin +1"})

If yes, a slight modification of the job_post_midcast rule might be needed. I'm not 100% sure as I'm not an expert in LUA coding so I couldn't tell you with certainty what to put. If I had to take a guess, it would say something like "if I'm magic burst mode and I'm casting Noctohelix or Kaustra, equip Pixie +1 and magic burst set. All else, equip magic burst set".

Yea that's the tricky part because I have both a 10% burst hat and legs, and only need 1 in my burst sets. My non burst legs though are superior to my non burst head so I run with those, but for Kaustra/Noctohelix, I flip them and use Pixie and my burst legs so I'd be swapping 2 slots and wasn't really sure how that'd work.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Serveur: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-03-09 16:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Working on setting up my MAB set, saw it caps @ 40% not counting certain gear. I'm sitting on 37% with

Akademos 10%
Merl legs 8%
merl feet 9%
Locus Ring 5%
Mujin ring 5%

and i cant seem to find anything else other then static earring, but i like my ethereal, is there anything im missing i can use?
By BilunSalaes 2016-03-09 16:59:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm not an expert on this but I think you can add:

Amalric hands which breaks cap https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Amalric_Gages

The torque from Tenzen HM https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mizu._Kubikazari

Seshaw cape +1? https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Seshaw_Cape_%2B1
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-03-09 16:59:47
Link | Citer | R

merl head, merl body, seshaw cape, mizukage-no-kubikazari. mujin and amalric hands don't apply to the 40% cap and actually bring you up to 50
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-03-09 17:25:32
Link | Citer | R

With your Akademos, Merlinic Legs/Feet, Locus Ring (32% total), adding Tenzen neck (+10) will bring you to 42%, only 2 over cap. Mujin Band and Amalric Gages add another 10% since they break cap.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-03-09 18:31:06
Link | Citer | R

oh okay so even breaking cap it stops at 50? cause i got almaric hands and the tenzen neck~
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-03-09 18:37:23
Link | Citer | R

Not that I'm aware of. Only way right now to test is with HQ Amalric Hands and Mujin Band, which would cap you at 51%, but anything over that is unknown due to lack of gear.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-03-09 18:39:33
Link | Citer | R

I don't believe breaking the cap stops at 50%.

Things like traits, job point bonus and gifts all break the cap.
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-03-09 18:48:41
Link | Citer | R

eh i got confused it happens easily, so pretty much im keeping my ethereal for now
By Nellarie 2016-03-14 07:56:58
Link | Citer | R

Helooo,

I am picking up Scholar to use as a support/healer job for LS needs. Since we use several powerful melee players for content and few healers, we run into the problem where our DD pulls hate from the tank, especially on lower level content. So I thought Scholar would be a good support healer for the enmity control, and healing. I know very little about healing though, and am looking for advice for how to maximize the effectiveness of the job in that capacity.

1) What would be an effective way to manage strategem usage for healing, and can you stack strategem effects? So for a powerful AoE Regen, is it worthwhile to burn 3 strategems for Accession + Rapture + Perpetuance for Regen V? Or is there another more effective use for these strategems?

2) For enmity control, how effective is Animus Mineo, and can its potency be raised by Rapture or gear stats? Likewise, can Adloquium be raised over 10tp/tick by any means? Does Animus Mineo work for BST pets?

3) Lastly, what stat priorities should I focus on for healing and buff support with scholar? I know it's not the popular way to use scholar right now, so I haven't found much info on it. Does anyone have any good gearsets to look at for support scholars?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-14 08:48:33
Link | Citer | R

Nellarie said: »
Helooo,

I am picking up Scholar to use as a support/healer job for LS needs. Since we use several powerful melee players for content and few healers, we run into the problem where our DD pulls hate from the tank, especially on lower level content. So I thought Scholar would be a good support healer for the enmity control, and healing. I know very little about healing though, and am looking for advice for how to maximize the effectiveness of the job in that capacity.

1) What would be an effective way to manage strategem usage for healing, and can you stack strategem effects? So for a powerful AoE Regen, is it worthwhile to burn 3 strategems for Accession + Rapture + Perpetuance for Regen V? Or is there another more effective use for these strategems?

2) For enmity control, how effective is Animus Mineo, and can its potency be raised by Rapture or gear stats? Likewise, can Adloquium be raised over 10tp/tick by any means? Does Animus Mineo work for BST pets?

3) Lastly, what stat priorities should I focus on for healing and buff support with scholar? I know it's not the popular way to use scholar right now, so I haven't found much info on it. Does anyone have any good gearsets to look at for support scholars?

Rapture doesn't affect Regen or any enhancing spell, so don't bother wasting a strat on that. With decent gear you can get 7+ mins and beyond on Accession+Perpetuance Regen V, which goes a long way in keeping everyone healthy. I suggest buffering strategems before a fight. Pop both those strats ~1-2 mins before the fight and use regen as it gets closer to pop timeso that when the fight starts you'll have full stratagems. If all you're doing ia healing, the only use in strats is probably Accession and occasionally Rapture.

Animus Mineo is -10 enmity, useful but can't be enhanced. Also, can't be used on pets, and Adloquiem can't go beyond 10tp/tick.

Cure Potency set, Regen set, buff duration set, magic accuracy set for landing enfeebles are all useful for this role.

As a side note, if things are going to end up as a wipe, Helix is invaluable for keeping enemy HP static or even knocking off more %. Even for a Light Arts SCH (though you should always dark arts for Helix), you should look into it with at least a macc set and helix duration to land it unresisted.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-03-14 08:57:17
Link | Citer | R

If you do Skirmish gear Augments get the set minus hands and aim for +10 Enhancing skill duration. Can see 9~10 min regen with af3 hands used to up the duration with ja. Helix is tricky since sometimes it may be better to macro each spell with any elementel mab + magic damage + normal Mab but anything fast cast still works in a pinch
By Nellarie 2016-03-14 11:24:10
Link | Citer | R

7-10 minute Regen sounds really nice! How much hp/tick is it possible to get with Regen?

For Regen Potency, I only know of Bolelabunga, Arbatel Bonnet +1, Bookworm's Cape, and Telchine Set with Duskdims. Are those Best in slot for a Regen set, or are there other options? or is Duration > Potency?
 Bismarck.Squah
user: Squah
By Bismarck.Squah 2016-03-14 11:47:57
Link | Citer | R

Ungabunga club isn't the best idea because of TP loss for Myrkr. If that is a non-issue, feel free. Iirc absolute max potency is like close to 100/tic? But if you lean towards duration gear it's more like 70-80
By Chimerawizard 2016-03-14 11:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Regen potency telchine will only help the regen spell however enhancing duration will help with all the enhancing spells opening up more strats past AoE protect, AoE shell, AoE perp regen, and AoE perp phalanx.

Oranyan vs Bolelabunga...

Guess you could just get 2 sets of telchine, 4 pieces of duration & 3 of regen+. Just recast a stronger regen more frequently.

along with Squah if you have TP toward myrkr, it would be a good idea to usually skip the weapon slot.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-14 11:59:36
Link | Citer | R

Nellarie said: »
7-10 minute Regen sounds really nice! How much hp/tick is it possible to get with Regen?

For Regen Potency, I only know of Bolelabunga, Arbatel Bonnet +1, Bookworm's Cape, and Telchine Set with Duskdims. Are those Best in slot for a Regen set, or are there other options? or is Duration > Potency?

That covers it mostly, at least the heavy duty pieces. I'd keep the Bonnet +1 over duration from Telchine due to your use case. If you were solo'ing it might make more sense to use duration head.

Duration is generally better since it can apply to haste, adloquiem, enmity down, etc.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-03-14 12:16:21
Link | Citer | R

Duration grants more HP Regen over time, Potency grants more per tic.

Also, Embrava is Enhancing Magic. You can go 4/5 Telchine with Enhancing Duration+10, and Arbatel Gloves +1, and get the spell duration to just over 5.5 minutes per cast. If you cast at the beginning of Tabula Rasa and then right at the end, that's ~8.5 minutes of Embrava.

ItemSet 342495
 Asura.Ramsy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-03-14 22:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Wondering what's the best food for sch? Went through a few pages but couldn't find anything
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-03-14 23:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Wondering what's the best food for sch? Went through a few pages but couldn't find anything

This for magic acc
Pear Crepe
INT +2 Magic Acc. +20% (Max value: 45) Magic Defense +1 Healing MP +2

Or the HQ is Crepe Belle Helene
By Rockets182 2016-04-01 23:50:36
Link | Citer | R

What does this mean in the GS file:

head=merl_head_MB

I don't see where you can say that text = X item?

Thanks
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-02 00:30:21
Link | Citer | R

Rockets182 said: »
What does this mean in the GS file:

head=merl_head_MB

I don't see where you can say that text = X item?

Thanks

Somewhere else in the file, i must list merl_head_MB="Merlinic Hood" then list that items specific augments.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-02 01:21:57
Link | Citer | R

I put those aliases in my globals file.
 Asura.Brennski
Serveur: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-04-08 03:14:34