Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » arch-omega
arch-omega
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2012-07-06 13:55:21
Link | Citer | R

how does the metal chip floor work? i read something about a key item in the update notes. does everyone who wants to enter the Arch-boss fights need to complete the metal chip floor? or can one person bring everyone in?
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-07-06 13:59:18
Link | Citer | R

Everyone on the Metal Chip run gets the KI. But only the person taking you into the Arch-Omega fight has their KI consumed. So technically, if you take, say 10 people into the Metal Chip run...
then that's 10 Arch fights (provided you have the 150 coins to buy the chip required each time)
[+]
 Phoenix.Lucasta
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2012-07-06 14:02:49
Link | Citer | R

oh that is excellent. thanks for the info. looks like we are in for a ridiculous amount of runs. i think my group is teeming with coins with nothing to do with them.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-07-06 14:11:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that's one of the beautiful aspects they added. Basically, do one run with your whole group, and you can spam it for a while providing you have the coins.

No more grind for chips, just like Einherjar, no more grind for feathers
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-07-06 14:19:45
Link | Citer | R

the metal chip run can be done with as little as 5 ppl as well, maybe less, but I know 1st hand 5 is doable. pretty much the whole omega path can be done with a pt.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-07-06 14:26:56
Link | Citer | R

most certainly the Metal Chip run was far easier then expected. I'd say no more difficult then the old Metal Chip runs.

It's more beneficial though to take as many as you can in the long run so you don't have to revisit it (that is, unless you're going for the accessory drops)
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-07-06 14:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Wait, people used to kite Omega on 4 legs? That's not the 75 strat, that's the "fail edition 75 strat", don't mistake them.

Face it, a large amount of groups probably kited Omega on four legs back at 75 cap. I hate these statments. It's like when someone posts a screenshot of a group of 18 people at Hahava and one person in the alliance has weakened HP so someone says "people bring 18 people to Hahava and still die?". ***happens, people die, who cares?
I completely agree that ***happen, but then that's not a strat, that's a recovery. Your "large amount" is so large that on the 4 servers I have been on, nobody did that, nor did any of my friends on different servers. Omega wasn't hard to straight tank, kiting it had no point other than farming, and you would do that when he's on 2 legs, not 4.

I always straight tanked Omega at 75 on my PLD when we were not farming pods, period. There is a difference between a farming strategy and a killing strategy.

Quote:
it's an elitist statement made from a troll. I didn't pay any attention to it. at 75 you kited to farm pods, nothing more. at 99 you kite to save your only 2 Blm's. "fail" is defined as not succeeding, which wouldn't include us, and we kite. We will continue to kite to Sen's amusement. Ijdgaf.
I'll take that as a compliment. Getting people's panties in a bunch has been my favorite thing ever since 2005, thank you for following the trend.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-07-06 14:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Reminiscing old contents very interesting..
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [138 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Stryger
Serveur: Asura
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2012-11-21 10:57:44
Link | Citer | R

I did omega alot straight tank PLD at 75, but, with Arch-Omega would the PLD sub WAR or NIN. Ask because under the details he has 100% DA, seems like /NIN might be a waste of time to do, unless his ACC isnt that great
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-21 11:00:10
Link | Citer | R

We usually do PLD\WAR DRK\SAM x2 BRD WHM WHM (all mages mules).
With Ochain while it's on 4 legs and Aegis while it's on 2 legs, the fight is really easy.
Even if you really mess it up and wipe everybody, the PLD will probably survive and be able to hold it with everybody weak.
And you'll still have loads of time to kill it.
 Asura.Stryger
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2012-11-21 11:03:25
Link | Citer | R

unfortunately, don't have Aegis or Ochain, but, my social wants to try it anyway, was just wondering what would be best chance at success, win or lose should be fun to attempt, and thanks for the info.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-11-27 23:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Korialstrasz said: »
We just work it down to 75% so it changes forms, then PD/embrava to zerg it down. There's really nothing special about the fight =/

Do that.

You always could make it harder for yourself by using other methods, but that's pretty silly if you think about it.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-11-27 23:30:49
Link | Citer | R

We did BLU + MNK + SCH + BRD. It's an incredibly easy fight with embrava and regen. You'd have to intentionally try to kill yourself to lose. Requiescat works great before 75%, then CDC.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [213 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2013-06-29 11:06:54
Link | Citer | R

We always kited back in the day. We always won. If that means we failed, I'll take it. We kited Kirin, too. /gasp
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-06-29 11:23:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helel said: »
It's an incredibly easy fight with embrava and regen. You'd have to intentionally try to kill yourself to lose.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Serveur: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2013-06-29 11:57:03
Link | Citer | R

There are a few Good vids on Youtube but over all best strat is Monks (at least 2) with Formeless strikes from 100% down to 70~75%, then take off FS, and Just Keep Zerg strat solid Bard sch Whm Rdm all help live longer. Blue is good for Stun and Damage Spikes as well
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [378 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-12 02:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Could PUP solo this fight? i solod the reg one just fine how much harder is this solo?
By Voren 2014-07-12 02:36:14
Link | Citer | R

Does it cost anything to try? I'm not being facetious, I'm curious as well. I've been considering leveling up PUP from 30 in order to solo more content.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-12 02:52:38
Link | Citer | R

there hasnt been much i havent been able to solo with 2 +1 relic and WKR weapon, just did kirin and proto-omega

it costs time to farm the chip which looks liek my only option since nobody is bazzaring it on levi.
By Voren 2014-07-12 03:00:00
Link | Citer | R

I soloed NQ Omega on BLU a few times, got 4/5 Homam, the hands came when a group did a run and invited me along, were nice enough to give me the hands since no one else needed/wanted.

I've been working on gearing RNG for fights considering I'm rubbish at healing jobs and don't have enough gear for BRD, oh and COR doesn't appeal to me at all.

I've seen PUP solo some things in aby that takes most at least 2 people if not more. If you run it let me know how you do, I'm interested in the outcome.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-12 03:53:59
Link | Citer | R

will do
By Gihl 2014-07-12 04:47:27
Link | Citer | R

i dual box it pld+whm b4, just need requiescat for 1st 25% til he get on 2 legs form, dont need much healing now since my pld gear suked bad that time took me like 20min tops kill it.

ps i did with skirmish shield nq lol
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-07-12 14:35:58
Link | Citer | R

I dual box'd it with double PUP, which was pretty cake, took a little longer since I had both matons on rng frame but had no issues taking him down. I could easily imagine this could be done solo pup with maton doing all work.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-12 16:43:56
Link | Citer | R

ive been doing rdm frame and me punching it. while going /nin the proto coudlnt even touch me. i need farm the pop for the II what drops the pop for Omega II? i havent done any of II limbus yet
By Voren 2014-07-12 17:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone soloed Bata yet? I'm interested in this NM only for patentia sash as I'm a cheap *** and would like to replace nusku's with it.

If you've soloed it, what job and set up?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-07-12 17:01:57
Link | Citer | R

KI from CS Apollyon II -> buy item from limbus npc

arch-omega is quite a bit stronger and accurate with its attacks, but with ilvl 119 shouldn't be overly hard
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2014-07-12 17:03:08
Link | Citer | R

Voren said: »
Has anyone soloed Bata yet? I'm interested in this NM only for patentia sash as I'm a cheap *** and would like to replace nusku's with it.

If you've soloed it, what job and set up?

DNC,NIN can solo it np with ilvl gear.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-07-12 17:04:36
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone soloed Bata yet? I'm interested in this NM only for patentia sash as I'm a cheap *** and would like to replace nusku's with it. If you've soloed it, what job and set up?

Did solo him on pup/dnc, nothing overly special about fight, even if I didn't time turning on time I had whm maton stona me almost immediately, just turned during the invicible period and stunned through 100 fists.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-07-12 17:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
Has anyone soloed Bata yet? I'm interested in this NM only for patentia sash as I'm a cheap *** and would like to replace nusku's with it. If you've soloed it, what job and set up?

Did solo him on pup/dnc, nothing overly special about fight, even if I didn't time turning on time I had whm maton stona me almost immediately, just turned during the invicible period and stunned through 100 fists.

I solo'd him on SMN Back before 115/119 Ammo existed... It wasn't terribly hard but I imagine I'd of died horribly if I linked too many of them.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-07-12 17:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
I solo'd him on SMN Back before 115/119 Ammo existed... It wasn't terribly hard but I imagine I'd of died horribly if I linked too many of them.

Oh yeah, you don't want a horde of em on you, but they pull easy enough and by time you get to NM shouldn't be hard to get him out of his corner and take him down off to side.