The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 156 157 158
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-07 15:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Could make a case for Zelus/Tessera with... something... in the feet slot, partly for the sake of already owning Tessera and partly because Dusk Ledelsens +1, while cheap, don't sell much anymore. There's also Athos feet, but I imagine those would already be in use if you had them. Not sure what all COR has available for 5-6%ish haste hats either.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-09-07 15:53:08
Link | Citer | R

I think you misunderstood the acc down on exenterator, noone has acc issues hitting their target in dynamis, the acc down from the ws is netting you extra evasion and hurting the enemy's ability to hit you. It gets you alot closer to capped evasion on dynamis mobs on a lower evasion job like corsair.

If someone is going to solo dynamis on cor, yeah stick to easyprey, i've tried decent challenge and its not worth the hassle and slower killing speed, even if you are trying to do an xp trial.

I have 12str/12agi merits and 5/5 Last Stand fails to put up amazing numbers consistently, so i've been opting for the utility of exenterator and getting about 2500damage out of that with curry.
 Asura.Kese
Serveur: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-09-07 16:08:20
Link | Citer | R

maybe you should look into using chaos roll, instead of dancer, esp on EP
By sapphire 2012-09-07 16:13:13
Link | Citer | R

I hate needing to waltz, so ive been using commodore tricorne+2 when rolling dancer's and fairly happy with the regen from that, but ill try chaos and see how that works with weaponskill damage.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-07 16:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Mind you the evasion set was posted only for pulling purposes/dangerous situations. The best melee sets are available in the gearsets section and that's obviously what one should use o.o
Never I said to fulltime that evasion set obscenity!
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-09-07 20:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Well if the eva build is for pulling, mixing in wiglen gorget+paguroidea ring+sheltered ring with hermes boots for a combination idle/pulling/eva set where stuff is less likely to catch up to you and smack you would seem more ideal.

For dynamis especially CoP zones theres usually competition so sometimes you arent usually pulling back to a specific spot and instead roaming and fighting at your next target, so I was a bit confused where a pure eva set would be useful for very long.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-09-07 21:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Sorry. Was posting after work and then came home and fell off the conversation.

I take my corsair pretty damn seriously (all of my jobs, really), but if you have the inventory space to tote around full PDT/MDT and regen gear, I really don't know how you're playing the job with your primary sets up to snuff.

Even on my heavier DD jobs that carry around PDT/MDT I can't manage regen stuff too. My sam is 80/80 in Legion.

I'm constantly 74-80/80 just carrying ranged attack, Last Stand, Wildfire, Quick Draw and melee TP. If I drop melee TP I can tote defense...but evasion? melee ws gear? regen? Nope.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-09-07 22:21:35
Link | Citer | R

I have no space for even more gear for a pure evasion set, but I can spare the space for 3 regen items on me so I just swap those into my melee tp set as a compromise for a 'pulling set'

I dont bother with PDT/MDT for dynamis, I either land light shots to interrupt casters/sleep adds, burn random deal for more light shots, or wildcard as a last resort, because just like everyone else I know, im at 70ish/80 inventory all the time.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-09-07 23:01:40
Link | Citer | R

I unlocked leaden salute tonight because I wanted something more than spam Last Stand all the time, rather disappointed at the damage even following the OP suggested sets. Due to the way the damage on this is calculated, is +AGI from food the only relevant stat that food can give to boost this?

Does 2int covert to 1MAB for the purpose of calculating damage for this ws as well? I have a half finished Int+MAB magian gun that i might bother finishing now, but my quick testing didnt show much of a damage boost from adding/removing 19MAB, a 300tp Leaden Salute does about 1k on an EP colibri, ~1700 on a ronfaure bunny.

Has anyone been able to break 2k with this ws on something that isnt a trashmob outside of abyssea?
 Asura.Hotsoups
Serveur: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-09-07 23:21:34
Link | Citer | R

People with Death Penalty.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-08 00:51:47
Link | Citer | R

DP aside it's going to be significantly weaker than Wildfire no matter how you slice it, let alone Last Stand vs monsters where you can get decent pDIF. Lower fTP, half the WSC, can't efficiently boost damage via AF3+2 feet. Actually, even with mythic it's worse than Wildfire at 100 TP even if you discount AF3 feet...

Your INT doesn't effect the damage, the dSTAT calculation for LS is PlayerAGI-MonsterINT. Don't know a rough ratio off hand but it would be easy to work out.

Random info while I'm here, HQ augment on Khepri Gamashes is Snapshot+3%.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-08 03:56:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Random info while I'm here, HQ augment on Khepri Gamashes is Snapshot+3%.
And so the mystery is revealed...I want these boots so bad. If only Legion mobs would put out more.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-09-08 04:24:38
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Mind you the evasion set was posted only for pulling purposes/dangerous situations. The best melee sets are available in the gearsets section and that's obviously what one should use o.o
Never I said to fulltime that evasion set obscenity!

It's used against DC on o-***moment, but EP probably wouldn't need. Don't TP in full eva set fulltime.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-09-12 05:11:38
Link | Citer | R

Wildfire

Karin obi only works if you’re getting Firestorm or on Firesday or with fire weather. On full moon Artemis' medal becomes the best neck. Khepri jacket is augmented with WS damage+5%.

Now that I think about it....if following rule of thumb for WF:
Thaumas 4/5= 6 MAB, 50 AGI

AF3+2 feet+Thaumas head+Khepri hands augment+ W.legs augment=
18 MAB, 27 AGI

A bit* better D;
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-12 05:28:19
Link | Citer | R

The math says otherwise though @.@

My mithra with blm sub, random enemy with 100 int and no mdb, no buffs

Set in the guide: 2702

With the suggested swaps: 2678

Which is good since w legs with mab augment have become a mythical legend by now.

Edit: derp I multiplied khepri by 3% instead of 5, but whatever, that goes at the end anyway.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-09-13 01:17:09
Link | Citer | R

The math says otherwise though @.@

My mithra with blm sub, random enemy with 100 int and no mdb, no buffs

Set in the guide: 2702

With the suggested swaps: 2678

Which is good since w legs with mab augment have become a mythical legend by now.

Edit: derp I multiplied khepri by 3% instead of 5, but whatever, that goes at the end anyway.

Did you add MAB buff/atmacite/drinks/wizards/braver/boost AGI?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-13 06:50:57
Link | Citer | R

My mithra as cor/blm against a random 100 int enemy and no mdb reduction, with Shrewd/Slayer/Destruction atmacites, ascetic, 11 wizard, braver, capped boost-agi, double etudes at max potency with appropriate instrument:

Guide set: 4949

Suggested swaps: 4915
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-13 07:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Could make a case for Zelus/Tessera with... something... in the feet slot, partly for the sake of already owning Tessera and partly because Dusk Ledelsens +1, while cheap, don't sell much anymore. There's also Athos feet, but I imagine those would already be in use if you had them. Not sure what all COR has available for 5-6%ish haste hats either.

Athos's Chapeau (5%)
Mustela Mask (5%)
Khepri Bonnet (5-6%)
Ocelomeh Headpiece +1 (7%)
Murzim Zuchetto (5%)
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-09-19 05:41:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kiaru said: »

If you aren't getting firestorm you should be /sch, can wake up slept people, -na, etc.

Frenzy Sallet

Berserker's Torque

Just because you're a 2 handed job doesn't give you the right of way. Please don't be useless. At least try a little.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-09-19 05:46:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »
Just because you're a 2 handed job doesn't give you the right of way.

FTFY
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-09-19 05:50:21
Link | Citer | R

Ha. It's 5am with 2 hours left to kill at work. Excuse me while I ninja edit that.
 Phoenix.Meowzer
user: Meowzer
By Phoenix.Meowzer 2012-09-28 15:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Concerning Last Stand:

Would 5 less agility for 15 more ranged attack worth the item swaps in the below set?

Forgive me for being lazy and not doing the math. It appears 4 years of college has sucked my math skills clean out of me somehow.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-29 03:27:34
Link | Citer | R

You also lose 17 str, I think 4 Thaumas pieces are still the best, although Leoth are now the best alternative for the hands slot(unless you need racc from Alruna).
 Kujata.Genbu
Serveur: Kujata
user: r19ecua
By Kujata.Genbu 2012-10-16 12:09:24
Link | Citer | R

Hey, I'm pretty new to the job so excuse the following newbie question. My friend tells me that during legion - even if it says, "You use light shot, but it missed" (or something like that), this means that sleep didn't land. However, the effect it has on Dia II does. Is this accurate?
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-10-16 13:21:34
Link | Citer | R

Good question. I've just been using Thunder Shot in Legion because I assumed Light Shot didn't have any effect if it didn't land.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-16 14:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Kujata.Genbu said: »
Hey, I'm pretty new to the job so excuse the following newbie question. My friend tells me that during legion - even if it says, "You use light shot, but it missed" (or something like that), this means that sleep didn't land. However, the effect it has on Dia II does. Is this accurate?

Someone told me he tested and it does work with missed msg._. although I have no idea about the testing detail ._.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-16 14:22:02
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Someone told me he tested and it does work with missed msg._. although I have no idea about the testing detail ._.

I have not personally tracked down the results, but I have been told by a few people who I trust when they say they have that this is the case, so I've been using light shot as requested of me on each mob.
 Kujata.Genbu
Serveur: Kujata
user: r19ecua
By Kujata.Genbu 2012-10-16 20:31:40
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the response, I'll continue to use light shot then. A link to the testing thread would be solid, but I'll look for it myself when I get back home.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-18 19:35:56
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the response, I'll continue to use light shot then. A link to the testing thread would be solid, but I'll look for it myself when I get back home.

I'm way to curious so I decided to test it myself....I'm not sure how to test in ballista since I don't have 2 char and not sure how to make light shot miss, so I just test it in VW.

Test target: T1 worm VW in bastok.
No attack roll, naked except PDT- gears, no mainhand weapon either. Full time bronze bullet and didn't change any gears. Didn't use braver but used attack drink. Stand on melee range full time(it uses drawn in anyways) so distance isn't a factor.

TP dmg with just attack drink but no dia:
105 106 100 103

Average: 103

TP dmg with just attack drink and Dia2:
120 118 124 124 115 119 124 124 113

Avg: 120

TP dmg with just attack drink, dia2 and light shot(which displays "miss" msg after I used it)

123 128 131 130 128 121 122 125 129 123

Avg: 126

Conclusion: Light shot does enhance dia effect even if it says miss in chat log unless I did something wrong during the test.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-19 06:22:14
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if I imagined it, but I think there are two types of message: "Light Shot missed." and "Light Shot has no effect."
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 156 157 158