Link | Citer | R

yes marjami #4 then woh gates
 Asura.Rodolfo
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-05 14:38:43
Link | Citer | R

For tier'd sets and personalized options, I do keep my cor gears etc fairly up to date on my profile. Your welcome to visit it antime, but mist of you base sets are extremely close, of not the same on the first page.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-06-05 15:17:33
Link | Citer | R

cervelo84 said: »
are you guys 1 shotting acumex's in Woh Gates with Leaden?

I do Cp there on twithertyms and see blm's there a lot. Only problem I see is that everything is VT/ IT. Cruious what leaden does for dmg.

I want to get CP on cor but thought it might be a bit slow compared to 18-25 job points an hour on Sam or Thf.

Woh was my go to for quickly depleting a ring charge or two, but definitely wasn't a place I could stand for more than an hour solo. You *can* one shot them, but resists can and do happen and Acuex TP moves are pretty lame.

For more extended CP ventures, I preferred the Jagil and Crab camp in Dho Gates behind the Colonization Reive. I probably did a good 70% of my CP farming there during double campaigns solo and it just got better once they added Kupofried and Crooked Cards. It's so easy to infinitely chain there as long as you're proactive about resummoning Ferreous Coffin when he's low on MP.

My preferred setup was Ferreous, Joachim, Arciela (thank you for not giving her Flurry, SE!) and Kupofried. Just make sure to check if anyone's down there first and set a search comment that you're occupying the camp.
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-05 15:27:02
Link | Citer | R

Escha Zi'tah is an excellent place to solo caps. If you have completed all the RoE that give you caps bonus, have a cape, use COR roll with crooked you can get 9k_12k experience and 2-3 caps per mob (use kupofried too). A good Leaden salute set will one shot every non NM in that zone. I usually do boosted Cor and tacticians.
 Odin.Nogara
Serveur: Odin
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-07 08:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Suteru said: »
Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Trying to update Doomsday to beat Vanir Gun, what would be the best augments to strive for?

Here's mine:

Leaftip, Snowdim, and Dusktip.

Did stop on STR/AGI because that's what you were aiming for, or have you been aiming for WPN DMG and just been unlucky with it to this point?

I stopped augmenting Doomsday a while ago, it's not done yet but I'm happy enough for now, and have other jobs who's augmenting needed to take priority for now.

Currently my DDay sits at DMG+15, WSD+6% and MACC/MAB 15.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-06-07 08:49:20
Link | Citer | R

Was aiming for STR/AGI, I don't think the weapon damage doesn't do anything for Leaden/Wildfire.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-08 11:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Posting on behalf of friend since they're too lame to come and ask and I need them to stop sucking.

Friend is using full 119 gear (of varying appropriateness) with 119 gun + dagger. They miss about 90% of QD against T3 Escha NMs, Dark / Light shots included. They do not have the MACC bullet, but to my mind, 30 MACC shouldn't be a make or break. They have capped marksmanship + merits as well.

I haven't played COR since 75 cap but I used to do random QD solos for shits and giggles. I don't remember ever having accuracy issues on QD at 75. The goal then, as best as I can remember, was to pump AGI + MAB through the roof, equip movement speed+, and then win.

So what is going on here? Is MACC all of a sudden an issue for COR QD builds? Thanks.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-08 11:56:45
Link | Citer | R

For light and dark shots mab is irrelevant cause they don't do dmg(unfortunately). Stack the highest agi, marks skill, racc and macc gear with ilvl weapons.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-08 12:03:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
For light and dark shots mab is irrelevant cause they don't do dmg(unfortunately). Stack the highest agi, marks skill, racc and macc gear with ilvl weapons.

What about for Water Shot and other elemental shots? Same formula just adding in MAB?

And for light/dark that is pretty much exactly what they're already doing. T3 NMs do have really, really high EVA/MEVA, is it just that COR can't get enough MACC to overcome it?
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-08 12:06:14
Link | Citer | R

As far as misses on light and dark shot, even if missed it would still enhance the appropriate spell (i.e. dia) right?

edit: also for the only T3 I played COR on (fleetstalker) I was in the mage party with focus and acumen. I wasn't wearing a special macc or racc build - just my standard quickdraw set but I didn't miss any shots. So maybe focus helped?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-08 12:10:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If you get the message "miss" the enhanced effect landed anyway, even though the primary one didn't(ie: sleep didn't land, but dia+ did).
If you get "no effect" instead it means that literally nothing happened.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-08 12:15:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
As far as misses on light and dark shot, even if missed it would still enhance the appropriate spell (i.e. dia) right?

edit: also for the only T3 I played COR on (fleetstalker) I was in the mage party with focus and acumen. I wasn't wearing a special macc or racc build - just my standard quickdraw set but I didn't miss any shots. So maybe focus helped?

Could be. Our setup is generally BSTx 2 +/- 1x PLD + COR. So at most the COR has MACC roll up, but usually not.

Acumen is pretty significant MACC, yeah? And if you have a mage party I'm assuming there was languor?
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-08 13:29:09
Link | Citer | R

focus is the macc, acumen the mab

Our setup for most of escha is pld, whm, sch, geox2, blm, thf (I tend to go blm for this). Our focus/languor geo likes to nuke and so they usually give int instead because of mp cost, but malaise was most assuredly up (because the acumen/malaise geo is my mule). (Rolls were tact and wizard.)

Fleetstalker is annoying for our preferred setup because of the gimmick where he outright resists nukes and magic damage and so we forced a skillchain with SA rudras and leaden salute (which alternated between 40k dmg and 0). I'll be honest, having killed everything but rabbit repeatedly - fleetstalker is my least favorite one!

edit: tried to find the numbers on focus. i know someone posted the values for with an idris somewhere but my limited time to google-fu has come up with nothing.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-08 13:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Ok, thanks for the info! And yeah Fleetstalker is a pain in the ***. Definitely my least favorite.
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-10 22:42:39
Link | Citer | R

What are ppl getting for augments on Taeon gear? I am having a hell of a time getting both MAB and Macc as an augment. Also, I cant seem to get more than 20 MAB on Taeon . Anyone proving to get better? Thanks.

Edit: Just checked the chart on BG and saw 20MAB is highest with 15MAB/MACC as the highest dual augment.

So the question is are ppl favoring 20MAB or 15/15? Thoughts? (I guess i should put here that I am not makign two sets for resists). Would the WSacc augment help with resists (doubt it)? I assume they do nothing as Leaden and WF never miss.

Would 10AGI outperform 3% wsdmg? I assume a certain X=< would prove to be better for wsdmg, and that same X> would lean towards AGI. This is relevant as i am usually doing 30k-70k Leaden Salutes in Escha atm and i would think wsdmg%+ would be the better augment in that instance.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-11 05:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Do wsd and as for 5 mab vs 15 macc it's debatable. I'd say that 15 macc doesn't make or break anything, but then again if you put it on all pieces it becomes a fairly strong macc build without losing too much mab.

WSacc I honestly don't know if it helps with resists.
[+]
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-11 15:36:48
Link | Citer | R

My sets are mixed, while augmenting if I got either capped MAB or capped MAB/MACC I would just stop on that, so some of my pieces have MAB20 and some have MACC/MAB 15.

I stick with WSD peronsally, but I don't see a problem with AGI, especially if the pieces are going to be used for both QD and LS/WF, and I don't believe the WSACC helps. I see some people do Recycle, personally if I decided to add leaf stone augments to my ws/qd pieces I'd prolly do -enmity, it'd be nice if they added STP to leaf augments, but w/e lol
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-11 18:59:25
Link | Citer | R

For the sake of productivity... Let's say that hypothetically I've been tasked with Main Healing an Exp/JP party as Cor/Whm.
Does anyone have any fast cast/-cure casting time + Max mp/refresh + cure potency sets in their closet? Just came back from a 1 year break and trying to get a list of gear to work towards for this specific purpose.

I understand this isn't a popular, efficient, or even 'correct' way to use this job, so I'd rather avoid that avenue of discussion if possible. I checked the last 5 pages and the OP, but didn't see anything that applied to this situation. Appreciate the time, and thank you in advance to anyone who can help me get headed in the right direction.
 Siren.Dekoda
Serveur: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-06-11 19:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone else had difficulty getting WSD on their Doomsday? I went through 5 stacks of Leaftip +2 stones, not to mention countless +1's, NQ's, and various qualities of Leafslit stones. I haven't even seen WSD at any value (or Critical hit rate/damage), although I've gotten max elemental siphon twice now =/ I'm currently sitting on Snapshot +7
[+]
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-11 19:47:13
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, it's the uncommon augment unfortunately. I went through over 100 stones and only got 2 separate WSD augments, one was 3% and one was 6%, just a really rare augment. Similar to doing BST Axes right now, I've burned through over 80 leaforb stones so far and have yet to see a Pet: -DT augment, the -PDT I get often, but -DT I haven't even seen yet. Just shitty random chance on getting those augments
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-11 20:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Itemsets isn't working for me so I'll type this out. For a cure potency build the only non augmented stuff you can get is: chantoyant staff (or sanus ensis if you have that kicking around), phalaina locket, mendicant's earring, and lebeche ring. You can augment up to 5% cure potency on each piece of Taeon gear (which you'd probably want to make a separate set for). With those pieces you'd be looking at 47% cure potency (50% with the sword) which is damned impressive for a cor.

As far as fastcast gear goes you could augment another taeon set with fastcast +5 (same stone as the cure pot). There is also dread jupon (7 vs 9 from augmented taeon), loquacious earring, prolix ring, enchanter earring +1, voltsurge torque, and vivid strap. So maybe 40 fastcast.

For a refresh set, rawhide mask replaces augmented hairpin. Mekosu. Harness has refresh +2. You'd still want subligar from abyssea though I guess. You could put refresh on a doomsday and if you really wanted to you could dedicate WoTG earring to refresh and adoulin reward ring to refresh. So you'd be looking at somewhere between 4 - 7 refresh in your idle set. You could also use roller's ring if you got an 11.

All in all this looks like a lot of work, but if that's what you want to do best of luck.
[+]
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-11 21:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Itemsets isn't working for me so I'll type this out. For a cure potency build the only non augmented stuff you can get is: chantoyant staff (or sanus ensis if you have that kicking around), phalaina locket, mendicant's earring, and lebeche ring. You can augment up to 5% cure potency on each piece of Taeon gear (which you'd probably want to make a separate set for). With those pieces you'd be looking at 47% cure potency (50% with the sword) which is damned impressive for a cor.

As far as fastcast gear goes you could augment another taeon set with fastcast +5 (same stone as the cure pot). There is also dread jupon (7 vs 9 from augmented taeon), loquacious earring, prolix ring, enchanter earring +1, voltsurge torque, and vivid strap. So maybe 40 fastcast.

For a refresh set, rawhide mask replaces augmented hairpin. Mekosu. Harness has refresh +2. You'd still want subligar from abyssea though I guess. You could put refresh on a doomsday and if you really wanted to you could dedicate WoTG earring to refresh and adoulin reward ring to refresh. So you'd be looking at somewhere between 4 - 7 refresh in your idle set. You could also use roller's ring if you got an 11.

All in all this looks like a lot of work, but if that's what you want to do best of luck.

Refresh = Rawhide Pants D15
[+]
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-11 22:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Pursuer's Pants D15:

DEX 7
STR7
AGI 10

For people with capped Recycle, this is an amazing path. Path A looked interesting (making total 19 Rapid Shot).

Total Stats D15 look like this:

STR 42
AGI 39
Racc 23 (52 if you include the AGI @29.5)
Ratt 23 (54 if you include the STR @31.5)

Great for TP, Great for Last Stand.
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-11 22:30:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cambion said: »
Appreciate the time, and thank you in advance to anyone who can help me get headed in the right direction.

I would start by disbanding party. Followed by changing my sub to DNC(DW is nice) and heading to Escha Zi'tah. Upon arrival i would call Kupofried, Apururu, Arciela, Joachim. I would then use crooked cards for corsair's roll, adn nq tacticians. Rotating between Exp/Caps rings, i would fight Efts and Bugards slightly south of Warp #7 to my hearts content.

During this i might blacklist any or all of the people who convinced you to main heal anything as COR/WHM.

~Glad we could get you headed in the right direction bud.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-06-11 22:37:54
Link | Citer | R

I agree with all of that except for the efts and bugards!
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-11 22:50:13
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I understand wanting advice on filling that role, but just...no. That's not what a COR does. If they want a main healer, make them get a mage job. If they legitimately believe that to be a primary and necessary function of COR, run far and run quickly.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-06-12 01:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Yeah, I understand wanting advice on filling that role, but just...no. That's not what a COR does. If they want a main healer, make them get a mage job. If they legitimately believe that to be a primary and necessary function of COR, run far and run quickly.

If you can main heal the entire pt on cor, that's more efficient way to use man power. Since that's 1 extra spot for another DD. I wouldn't just say "don't do it" unless there is a risk to wipe.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-12 02:06:16
Link | Citer | R

But...COR is a DD... Why force a job to be exceptionally lackluster at a role and give up what they're actually proficient at instead of just getting a job that is actually good at healing?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-06-12 10:43:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
But...COR is a DD... Why force a job to be exceptionally lackluster at a role and give up what they're actually proficient at instead of just getting a job that is actually good at healing?

This is just looking at the pt performance as a whole. Like how ppl used to use BRD to stun in delve 1...BRD isn't a good stun job, but if it can get the job done, that's 1 extra spot for another DD.

You need COR's roll in CP pt, and you need a healer as well. If you can get get a job that can roll and heal, you get extra spot for another DD.

Another situation that you may need healing is that your pt can't find a healer.

I don't know how hard it is to main heal an exp/cp pt nowadays. But if your pt isn't dying left and right with a COR/WHM I fail to see what's wrong with /WHM.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-12 10:52:10
Link | Citer | R

It's inefficient. Cor can handle dding just fine, stop encouraging bads.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 156 157 158