Link | Citer | R

Such a great guide
 Cerberus.Kengo
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-03-24 22:14:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if it's a typo, but you don't want Rogue's in Mul, ever.

First wave Hunter's or Fighter's, depending on how your DDs base accuracy is. Second wave is Hunter's, drop Fighter's. Chaos Roll should always be up, always.

With Hunter's, DDs were running 95% or so accuracy with pizza.

As far as casters, Evoker's & Caster's roll. A couple of nights we stuck the stunners and healers together, and I threw Warlock's up for Stun accuracy, with solid results.

I try to stay neutral during the event, since rolls last longer than songs. I can sometimes throw Tacticians and Wizards up to help with some of the damage, obviously with Embrava on.

With the changes coming to Legion/Embrava, the play style may change a bit.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-25 04:07:34
Link | Citer | R

If your stunners need macc roll then you have another issue, with a solid build including thunder staff it should never fail.
I never used rogue in mul, it was suggested to me so to overcome the crit- and stating they could cap attack without chaos. I'll remove that part, either way rogue is always best over chaos when attack capped, or sometimes over fighter for crit dot jobs.

edit: fixed
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-03-25 06:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If your stunners need macc roll then you have another issue, with a solid build including thunder staff it should never fail.
I never used rogue in mul, it was suggested to me so to overcome the crit- and stating they could cap attack without chaos. I'll remove that part, either way rogue is always best over chaos when attack capped, or sometimes over fighter for crit dot jobs.

edit: fixed

Maybe they have 2 COR already? Not sure how to cap attack in Mul since you can't SV songs full time anymore, and majority of the group probably won't have a Mythic DRG for angon.
 Cerberus.Kengo
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-03-25 20:18:53
Link | Citer | R

All of our SCHs have stun staves. It was more of a test for Paramount Botulus.

You can disregard the information, I was just pointing out it was something we tried.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2013-03-25 22:18:14
Link | Citer | R

Sorry if I overlooked this but I want to make sure...what is the duration of Quick Draws effect on spells. For example, does the defense down +5% from Light Shot on Dia last X seconds or the length of the spell?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-26 05:06:17
Link | Citer | R

It should last the whole duration of the enfeeble itself.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-27 15:30:40
Link | Citer | R

After a quick glance most notable gear seems Thurandaut gloves trousers for Wildfire and Chocaliztli mask for Last Stand.
There are a few options for melee too, but I'm tired now.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-27 16:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Gearsets updated, except for melee cause I want to wait to see the dualwield amount on Thurandaut chapeau. Everything else should be good if I didn't overlook anything.

Thurandaut gloves for WF
Thurandaut tights for WF, Last Stand and ranged accuracy
Thurandaut tabard alternative for LS and Exent
Thurandaut boots pdt alternative to khepri and to thaumas for Requies
Choca mask for Last Stand, Exent and Requies
Xux trousers for Exent
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
Serveur: Asura
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2013-03-27 16:21:39
Link | Citer | R

New bullets! But of course were not on them :x

Damascus Bullet Dmg 140
Midrium Bullet Dmg 115
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2013-03-29 12:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Any guesses on where the chocaliztli mask comes from? :X
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-29 12:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Shark naakual.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-02 13:04:23
Link | Citer | R

According to the just discovered data from this update we have a new Last Stand bullet.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-04-12 04:33:23
Link | Citer | R

'Ello Cors and Cor-settes.

Don't you hate how long it takes for the Roll messages to display in your chat log? Ever accidentally doubled up on an 11 or Lucky roll?

Well I made a lua addon to try and fix that.

RollTracker adds information about each roll, simplifies the message and makes it show instantly after the roll (instead of the 5 second delay). It also prevents you from doubling up on a lucky roll by prompting you before hand.

Enjoy:
[+]
 Phoenix.Icemn
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-13 16:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Where would you rank Thurandaut gloves for Last stand?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-13 16:44:56
Link | Citer | R

Thaumas are better if using hat, pants and feet along with it.

edit: assuming thaumas and thurandaut gear, but no salvage

Thurandaut hands+pants=31 agi

Thaumas hands+pants=27 agi, 17 str

Thaumas set is better unless you need the extra acc from thurandaut pants(very likely in new content).

Thaumas hands+thurandaut pants=30 agi, 3 str, which is slightly better than full thurandaut.
 Phoenix.Icemn
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-13 17:04:26
Link | Citer | R

Ok, thank you^^
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-13 17:47:08
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Balloon said: »

Don't you hate how long it takes for the Roll messages to display in your chat log? Ever accidentally doubled up on an 11 or Lucky roll?

RollTracker adds information about each roll, simplifies the message and makes it show instantly after the roll (instead of the 5 second delay). It also prevents you from doubling up on a lucky roll by prompting you before hand.

Enjoy:

Wow that's really neat. Makes me wish I used windower lol
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-04-13 20:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Thanks! Luacore has been an incredible addition to windower, and it's an incredibly powerful tool!

I've also pushed a few updates to Rolltracker to add Battlemod 2 compatibility and fixed a few buffs, when someone merges it on github it should be fine.

Some things I am going to look into adding are roll bonuses from gear (Mostly Emp stuff) and the addition of an optional setting to allow you to see the effect of Job bonuses. Unfortunately, FFXI doesn't report the jobs of your party members, so this process cannot be automatic.

I'm also going to add some colors to separate people who were hit, much like battlemod does, to make it more obvious who was hit and who wasn't.

I'd be open to hearing some feature requests, too. So if you have any let me hear them :)
 Cerberus.Ustav
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2013-04-13 20:49:06
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Thanks! Luacore has been an incredible addition to windower, and it's an incredibly powerful tool!

I've also pushed a few updates to Rolltracker to add Battlemod 2 compatibility and fixed a few buffs, when someone merges it on github it should be fine.

Some things I am going to look into adding are roll bonuses from gear (Mostly Emp stuff) and the addition of an optional setting to allow you to see the effect of Job bonuses. Unfortunately, FFXI doesn't report the jobs of your party members, so this process cannot be automatic.

I'm also going to add some colors to add colors much like battlemod does to make it more obvious who was hit and who wasn't.

I'd be open to hearing some feature requests, too. So if you have any let me hear them :)
GRATS!!! The "beta" name was more creative though! So proud of u balloon =D <3
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-04-13 22:49:52
Link | Citer | R

For the supercharged rolls maybe you can just put the two numbers together, without and with the job bonus.

For example: Hunter's roll (3) (+15/30 Accuracy Bonus).

Maybe that would be too confusing?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-14 08:33:21
Link | Citer | R

Hotsoups idea seems good.

~~~

Added some bits in the events section of the guide. It's just a few guidelines and I didn't think much, if you wanna add something let me know.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-04-15 21:25:43
Link | Citer | R

Enjoy:

Missing % etc with say ninja roll, would it be possible to just have it say "(current roll)Lucky#4 Unlucky#8(+?Evasion)" Instead of a error pop up.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-04-16 02:23:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Stalkster said: »
Missing % etc with say ninja roll, would it be possible to just have it say "(current roll)Lucky#4 Unlucky#8(+?Evasion)" Instead of a error pop up.

Sorry about that! Had it set as Ninja's roll rather than Ninja roll, have pushed a fix now and it should be merged in the next couple of hours
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-04-19 05:34:02
Link | Citer | R

Am I right in thinking that the chance of 1-6 for each roll is equal? And I'm not more likely to get a 5 than I am a 3? Trying to add a 'chance of bust' to rolltracker.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-19 05:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, they're equal 16,6% each or so. Only difference is Wild Card with relic feet+2 augmented or if you have Snake Eye up.
 Phoenix.Catscratch
user: greyfoxxx
By Phoenix.Catscratch 2013-04-19 10:43:48
Link | Citer | R

By far the nicest guide I have seen. Much kudos. And very interesting comments and add-ons from some knowledgeable players. Keep up the good work Seha!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phettyx
user: Phetty
By Ragnarok.Phettyx 2013-04-27 01:23:08
Link | Citer | R

Enjoy:
Not sure if this is the right place to report this or not, but jokingly rolled Blitzer's for a buddy demanding haste. There was no message in the log for my rolls and console would pop up with an error message each time.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-04-27 02:54:20
Link | Citer | R

Oops! I didn't add in Blitzers roll for whatever reason, pretty sure I just overlooked it - Will add that in later and push it - sorry about that.
 Ragnarok.Phettyx
user: Phetty
By Ragnarok.Phettyx 2013-04-27 21:00:22
Link | Citer | R

Oops! I didn't add in Blitzers roll for whatever reason, pretty sure I just overlooked it - Will add that in later and push it - sorry about that.
Does the same for Miser's Roll by the way.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 156 157 158